Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:sm/incineroar:
Mega Incineroar
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Arena Heat- When this pokemon Mega Evolves/switches in, then it swaps hazards on both sides of the field
Stats:
HP: 95
ATK: 115 -> 135 (+20)
DEF: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SPA: 80
SPD: 90 -> 135 (+45)
SPE: 60
BST: 630
Incineroar is quite the cheat, doing illegal moves, using pepper spray, and whatnot. Well, Mega Incineroar gets even crazier! Hazard swapping can be both a blessing and a curse to this mon, because if the hazards are on its side, then boop, they are now on the other side. However, if the hazards are on the opposing side, then uh oh, they come right back to you. That means you have to be careful when you switch this Pokemon in. It also becomes pretty bulky, but it does take SR damage before its ability activates, which can hurt it a lot and let it get chipped down.

:sm/primarina:
Mega Primarina
Type: Water/Fairy
Ability: Competitive
Stats:
HP: 80
ATK: 74 -> 104 (+30)
DEF: 74 -> 90 (+16)
SPA: 126 -> 140 (+14)
SPD: 116 -> 135 (+19)
SPE: 60 -> 81 (+21)
"I can sing louder then you!"
"No, I can!"
"No, I can! Listen. LAA-LAAA-AAAA"
"Ha! You call that singing? Listen to this! LAAAA-AAAAAA-AAAAA"
bickering continues
So, yeah, I would assume that some Primarinas can get a little bit, uh, well, competitive. So it makes a lot of sense that Mega Primarina is even more of a prima donna. Competitive acts as a good defog deterrent (especially being one of the only fairy types that can break Corviknight), Intimidate (beats Lando-T), and Sticky Webs. It also gets a bulk increase, which can help it take a lot of hits better.

:sm/decidueye:
Mega Decidueye
Type: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Analytic
Stats:
HP: 78
ATK: 107 -> 125 (+18)
DEF: 75 -> 117 (+42)
SPA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SPD: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SPE: 70 -> 60 (-10)
So, Decudueye is based on an archer. (no way, i never would have guessed!) And all good archers need time to line up their shots. So Analytic makes so much sense for Mega-Decidueye! It works really well with Spirit Shackle, trapping faster targets, eating hits from them, and then blows them back with a boosted move. Or, it can use the possible switch to set up with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, depending on what set you run.

Mega Incineroar

Type:
Fire/Dark
Ability: Opportunist (This pokemon's Dark type moves gain priority if the target has any positive stat changes)

Stats:
Atk: 135 (+20)
Def: 115 (+25)
SpA: 110 (+30)
SpD: 115 (+25)
Spe: 60

New Moves: Punishment

Reasoning: Opportunist makes for interesting interactions in a wide range of scenarios, making this Incineroar a versatile Mega Evolution. For one, it functions as a way to punish greedy setup mons, in particular Ghost or Psychic types due to type effectiveness. Alternatively, it can use Swagger or Flatter (from a teammate in doubles) to boost the opponent's stats and give itself priority. Furthermore, it also obviously interacts with an opponent's boosting ability, like Moxie, Beast Boost, or Speed Boost. This allows for various strategies, though its Fire STAB and coverage remain unaffected, as a balancing factor. In addition, while it has a great matchup against boosting Psychic types on paper, the best performing Psychic types are Psychic Terrain abusers, which block the priority on Incineroar's attacks entirely. Flavour wise, it makes Mega Incineroar fit a specific opportunistic fighting style, using its opponent's confidence and greed to punish them quickly and effectively.

Hello, everyone!!
It's now time for the submission phase to close and for voting to begin, and I am hyped!!

:sm/Decidueye::sm/Incineroar::sm/Primarina:

As always, I really appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to the feedback I gave!!
It seems like almost everyone once again managed to edit their subs in time, which is always fantastic to see!

I'll still take this opportunity to tag everyone who didn't make it in case you still wanted to make changes, of course!
As is the usual policy, it's not too late to update your sub if you just didn't have time in the last 24 hours! If you need to make any changes to a disqualified sub before the voting phase closes, just let us know by DM or in the Discord, and I'll add it back right away if it's fixed! As long as there are still people voting, you have time to win their votes, haha.
Please make sure to get in touch with the same council member who compiled subs for that Pokémon!
That is, please reach out to me if you have changes to make to Decidueye, BlueRay if you have changes to make to Incineroar and inkbug if you have changes to make to Primarina.
None of us can edit each other's posts, so it's important to let the right person know about any updates! C:

With that said, subs from the following people are still being excluded at the moment:

:decidueye: Ema Skye, Rcook
:incineroar: Ema Skye, Tarionate and Double Iron Bash
In addition, BlueRay (our VGC tier leader) has opted to remove Morning Sun from depressed lion's updated VGC-oriented Incineroar submission, but it is otherwise totally welcome!
:primarina: lydian, Ema Skye, The Main Mon

If any of you still want to make changes and get them in, now would be the time!
Every other submission (unless I missed anything but definitely please yell at me if I did) is included! Thank you guys so much for your cooperation and your fantastic ideas! C:

In addition, huge thanks to inkbug and BlueRay for compiling the other two Pokémon this slate!

One quick announcement before we go on: the recent poll on future tournaments (announced here) has concluded!
According to BlueRay, the results were exactly 2/3 ladder tournament : 1/6 random battles : 1/6 Megas for Two, so we will now be planning a ladder tournament in M4A's near future!
We'll be back soon with information on when the ladder tour will be hosted and other details about the event! C:

Without further ado, here is my section of the compilation post!

Slate 35 Voting

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Legal Submissions

:decidueye: Mega Decidueye
mega decidueye

grass/ghost
stats
hp- 78
atk- 107(+10)>117
def- 70(+40)>110
spa- 100(+20)>120
spd- 100(+30)>130
spe- 70

ability: Spectral Seal- the target of the user's trapping moves become typeless

new moves: strength sap

So! Basically i designed this mega to allow decidueye to trap ghost types (which are normally impossible to trap) by taking away their type entirely. while this does unfortunately mean you can't hit trapped mons super effectively, it also means your targets don't have STAB bonuses on their moves, and you can poison and steel types with toxic as well, giving you many options for either bulky sets to slowly take out mons or set up with swords dance or nasty plot
(small edit here: jazzmat originally added Leech Seed but consented to its removal on the Discord; I made that change here myself because they were not able to edit it in time!)
Decidueye-Mega
Typing:
/
{no change}
New Ability: Seismic Damper - This Pokémon draws Ground moves to itself to raise Special Attack by 1; Ground immunity. {abilities were Overgrow / Long Reach (hidden ability)} {EDIT #2:: Previously named "Sniper's Perch".}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 107 → 125 (+18)
Def: 075 → 085 (+10)
SpA: 100 → 141 (+41)
SpD: 100 → 110 (+10)
Spe: 070 → 091 (+21)
(BST: 530 → 630)

Movepool Additions: Earth Power, Focus Energy, Scorching Sands

Pokédex Description: Pokémon Sword: "Despite the increased of its wingspan and their weight, it is still capable of flight. It is merely more comfortable on the ground, even at times choosing to snipe at foes accurately from the safety of an underground borrow."
Pokémon Shield: "While Decidueye's appearance and presence are now ominous, especially with the spiritual energy it radiates that permeates the very ground around it, it is merely aloof and patient. If you are not its target and approach it without malice in your heart, then it is generally kind."

Design Choices: Even ignoring the latest poll to debuff the recently buffed Trevenant-Mega in all of its physically oriented glory, I had long already decided that if we ever did Decidueye-Mega, then I would make it more specially oriented. It has bothered me for literal years that the series somehow has four different Grass/Ghost mons--more if you separate all forms of Gourgeist--and yet somehow all of them are physically oriented. That problem was only made worse with Decidueye, whose design I like the most of the Gen 7 starters in basically every aspect besides that and its lack of Speed. That Decidueye has the smallest gap between its slightly greater Atk and its still decent SpA just made it sting more, especially since its genuinely stellar signature move of Spirit Shackle is, of course, physically oriented too.

Sigh. Game Freak, why are you like this?

With that problem so decided, it became an issue of what to do for its ability. Of the three Megas in this slate, despite having the clearest idea for an overall goal for Decidueye, Decidueye-Mega was definitely the most difficult one to think of an ability that both fit its flavor and that I liked. I was initially leaning towards something like what Sawsbuck-Autumn-Mega has with its Autumn Leaves ability, but then I felt that would be a bit too derivative even if this Decidueye-Mega is specially oriented unlike that Sawsbuck-Mega. I wanted to try to also focus on making this different from all the other Grass/Ghost mons' Megas if possible, helped by this being the last of the Grass/Ghost mons to get a Mega and by Dhelmise-Mega having become Ghost/Steel--thanks Mossy Sandwich.

(It also didn't help that, of the two other initial ideas I had, I rather quickly realized both were somewhat obnoxious and probably unfun to play against even in the unlikely case they weren't also overpowered. So they got snuffed out in darkness. Let's just say something that makes the current version of Knock Off look fair shouldn't ever exist.)

Ironically I only eventually blundered onto this particular idea while trying to focus more on Decidueye's design as a Flying mon before it evolves. Well, focus on that and deciding that its special orientation should also both a) focus on archery & "sniping" and b) be decently powerful enough to incentivize actually using mostly special moves over a purely physical set given how good Spirit Shackle is. So I eventually realized that I could do what I did with Incineroar-Mega and give it a variation of an already existent ability.

While in Incineroar-Mega's case that was giving a Fighting variation of Flash Fire that covered one of its weaknesses, Decidueye-Mega instead got a Ground variation of Storm Drain, which makes one of its resistances redundant, though thankfully not as redundant as Sceptile-Mega getting Lightning Rod. I think the redundance is fine in this case given how nicely Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper plays with allies--*cough*Heatran*cough*--in both Singles and Doubles. Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper also helps to simulate the Flying type that Decidueye lost when evolving from Dartrix. Also helping to lessen redundancy is the fact that despite Grass being one of only two non-Flying types that resist Ground, most Grass mons (and Bugs mons for that matter) simply tend not to get to take advantage of that resistance, which Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper can and will even if this Decidueye-Mega still has to worry about the usual accompanying coverage, in this case usually Ice (or Fire) instead of Rock.

(That said, Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper should neither boost itself off Spikes nor confer immunity to Sandstorm damage, which is technically Rock type anyway. I'm admittedly unsure about whether it should ignore Spikes damage on the way in though, much less Toxic Spikes poisoning. The former seems fair-ish, but the latter seems a bit excessive even though those too are grounded. I guess I'll leave that up to the coder if this wins though, even if it also obviously shouldn't ignore the various Terrains either despite those also caring about being "grounded".)

Anyway, with Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper decided as this mon's ability, its stats were basically decided solely by looking at Sceptile-Mega's as well as keeping in mind that Decidueye already has access to Roost, Swords Dance, and Nasty Plot in addition to Spirit Shackle and other strong STABs on both sides. All of those considerations are why this doesn't have as much defensiveness as I initially gave it, though its Speed was initially lower before it got the weird Speed tier it is in now basically solely due to my Primarina-Mega. Not much else to say to close this out except that all of the additional moves are somewhat dicey and, like Primarina-Mega (or Incineroar-Mega), it may not need additional moves at all given what it already has. I just figure that they all fit the flavor, especially when I can't reasonably give it the hideously overpowered Thousand Arrows; Scorching Sands in particular is pretty much an iffy compromise that arises from it being one of the few Ghost types who (still) doesn't get access to Will-O-Wisp.

(Oh. Speaking of Thousand Arrows, if I'm acknowledging small niches, then Sniper's Perch Seismic Damper would make this the only mon in the game that doesn't have to worry about that move at all, meaning it's one of the better checks to Zygarde, especially with immunity to Extreme Speed too. Just, uh, don't get hit by Outrage.)

{2021/09/08 -- 11:49 P.M. -- Despite technically not having to do so after confirming with Hematite that I could just leave the name as it is, I've decided to change this Decidueye-Mega's ability name from "Sniper's Perch" to the less flavorful but even easier to reuse "Seismic Damper" in case anyone else wants to use it later on, especially if this doesn't win. It's still in flavor anyway given those poor pueo owls that Decidueye's line is partly based on nest on the ground, a part of their nature that has "helped" them unfortunately become endangered as of late, but I digress.}
:decidueye:
Mega Decidueye
New Ability: Overgrow/Long Reach -> Illusion
New Typing: Grass/Ghost (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 107 -> 127 (+20)
DEF
: 75 -> 95 (+20)
SPA
: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SPD
: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SPE
: 70 -> 90 (+20)

New Moves
: none

Desc: Sorry in advance, this is gonna be a long one, but i have a lot to say about it!! i've been really excited about this one for a really long time. I'll give a short version up here for those of you who don't wanna be here all day, but

The TL;DR is: Illusion synergizes in some really scary and cool ways with Decidueye's signature trapping move Spirit Shackle (allowing it to disguise itself as a teammate whose counter it has an advantage over, in order to bait and trap that counter, among other things), and then by extension also with its vast support and setup movepool, including (but not limited to) both Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, Toxic, Haze, Defog, U-Turn, and Ghost Curse + Roost, just to name a few. It also has great defensive synergy with the original Illusioner, Zoroark, bringing the MfA-unique ""archetype"" of "Double-Illusion teams" to a whole new level.

yes , indeed , i HAVE submitted an illusion mega to Megas for All before! as my first ever submission in fact !!!

One of my favorite things about working on MfA so far has been people occasionally building teams around Mega Inteleon, a horrible bastard creature that I loved so much as a concept it compelled me to make a smogon account just so I could submit it to the mod. One of the wildest things I remember seeing people do with Mega Inteleon was running double-Illusion teams with Zoroark, resulting in a bizarre, hilarious and tense guessing game of whether the Pokemon you're facing was Zoroark, Inteleon, or the thing either of them would be pretending to be -- most memorably for me in this monstrosity of a team by BotwNerd745, which is absolutely one of the most mind-bending and absurd things I've ever had the pleasure of battling.
This kind of team structure was mostly unintentional on my part -- like, I knew it was a possibility, and I think I toyed around with it some myself, but the Mega wasn't designed around it.

Even though Mega Inteleon was an incredibly cool experiment -- and a successful one, I think -- I couldn't help but feel like there's still so much untapped potential in Illusion. Like, what kinds of moves that Zoroark or Inteleon don't have access to could be paired with it in new and creative ways? What types would benefit from the concealment, and what kinds of creative teambuilding options would new-typed Illusion options open up?

Over the course of the last 13 months (holy shit) I've been more and more interested with competitive design, some experiments working and some decidedly not. I've especially talked a lot with Hematite about the intricacies of the ~type chart~ and the properties and synergies of each type and its unique qualities, and what kinds of tools best take advantage of both a given Ability and a typing (we are huge nerds, this is honest to god how we spend our free time now apparently).

While working on various solomod and fakemon projects, I finally landed on what I would want my next "ideal" Illusion user to be -- a Ghost-type, with modest mixed stats, boosting on both sides, access to U-turn specifically, decent bulk, and a good support movepool. A Ghost-type Illusion user specifically would play with a very specific synergy in a very unique way: Ghost and Dark, in combination, cover each other's weaknesses near-perfectly, so if a Ghost Illusioner was combined with Zoroark on a team, trying to attack any new Pokemon would be a shot in the dark about what move to even use. Do you target Ghost's weaknesses? Do you target Dark's completely different and almost 100% contradictory set of weaknesses? Or... do you target the weaknesses of the Pokemon that actually appears to be out on the field? Is it safe to set up? Do you have to taunt to prevent them from setting up?? So many questions !!!! The possible mindgames this kind of mon enables are endless, and really, really interesting!

So I set out looking for comparison Pokemon to sort of assess what power level to make this fakemon at, and remembered about Decidueye, which is a Ghost with mixed boosting, great utility and very even stats across the board. But while looking at its movepool to refresh my memory (which is like. the coolest movepool. decidueye's competitive design is soooo coooool--) and its stats, I realized that... Decidueye basically already was exactly the mon I was looking for? Not only that, but its signature move Spirit Shackle -- a trapping move -- had a completely different and fucking incredible interaction with Illusion that hadn't even occurred to me before then.

SO! Enough preamble!! Decidueye is perhaps the perfect candidate to exploit the bizarre mindgame-ridden ability that is Illusion, and (in my opinion at least) the ideal endpoint of the "dual illusion" team archetype. Spirit Shackle could come hidden from behind any team member, followed up by any of Decidueye's wide array of setup, support, or stallbreaking options. For example: it has both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to set up on its hapless victims; Toxic (or Ghost-type Curse combined with Roost if you're feeling fancy) for stallbreaking; Haze to break setup; and Defog to provide team support.

Spirit Shackle in particular is a fascinating option for an Illusion user to have, probably one of my "top three" as far as "best moves to whip out as a surprise from behind an Illusion" are concerned (one of the others being Spectral Thief, which I nerfed to 60bp and distributed more in my mod but we can't do that here so look forward to Ubers when I make my third Illusion mega submission lol). Decidueye is not weak to U-Turn, resists Volt Switch and Flip Turn, and has a significant selection of tools to prevent something it's trapped from taking advantage of it (mostly mentioned earlier).

By manipulating their team order, a savvy player could bait a huge threat to their team at large into getting trapped and dealt with by a disguised Decidueye, allowing its party members to wreck shop. Notably Pokemon such as Heatran could be a decent partner in this regard, as Decidueye resists Ground, Water and is immune to Fighting, and Heatran is immune to Fire and resists Flying. It could also pair well with a variety of Electric-type setup sweepers such as Xurkitree, as Ground types that aren't also flying types tend to not have pivoting and Decidueye is fairly efficient at dealing with them, but the possibilities are really only limited by one's own creativity.

ANYWAY!!! THANKS FOR COMING TO MY TED TALK !!!!!!!!!
Code:
*xx127095120120090 (Decidueye) @ Mega Stone 2
Ability: Illusion
Mega Decidueye
Grass/Ghost
Ability: Chaos Aura - This pokemon's contact moves lower the target's Def by 1.
Stats: 78 / 107 / 75 / 160 / 100 / 110 (+0/+0/+60/+0/+40)
New Moves: None
Description: My Mega Wishiwashi sub 2.0. This pokemon hits very hard but is walled by mons like Blissey and Bisharp. However, when it runs into something that walls it, it just clicks U-Turn and switches into a different mon that can (most likely a physical attacker due to the def drop from chaos aura.) It also can run physical sets without its powerful ghost stab getting defense drops as well due to polt and shackle not being contact. Shoutouts to Hema for the idea with contact over physical!
Mega Decidueye

Ability - Overgrow; Long Reach ➝ Deciduous Shot (Increases the power of Grass-type moves used by this Pokémon by 100%, but the user faints upon using a Grass-type move)

HP - 78 ➝ 78
Atk
- 107 ➝ 127 (+20)
Def - 75 ➝ 88 (+13)
SpA - 100 ➝ 120 (+20)
SpD - 100 ➝ 120 (+20)
Spe - 70 ➝ 97 (+27)
BST - 530 ➝ 630 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Leech Seed, Strength Sap
Competitive Corner - Spirit Shackle alongside a Grass-type Explosion and Swords Dance is a scary combo, but it comes with a few caveats, while a Swords Dance-boosted Deciduous Shot-boosted Leaf Blade can probably one-shot a lot of Pokémon, you give up your Mega Evolution, both in the builder and in the battle. As opposed to something like Choice Scarf Final Gambit Victini, however, Mega Decidueye brings a lot more versatility by being able to not knock itself out by simply not Mega Evolving, and being able to pick it's prey via Spirit Shackle before commiting. It should create an interesting dynamic of knowing when is right to Mega Evolve, and playing around with risk vs. reward and knowing when to sacrifice it in a way that should be pretty unique if this is ever implemented. But here's the million-dollar question... Is it broken? I have no idea!
Flavor Corner - Obviously Decidueye, among many other inspirations, gets its typing from deciduous trees which lose their leaves and "die", so to speak, so what if something similar was implemented on its Mega Design — I thought to myself — Mega Decidueye would be able to amagalmate the power of its leaves one last time to go out with a bang in an attempt to take down the opponent, which is ironically almost a bit fitting with owl's roles as psychopomps in many mythologies, except here, Mega Decidueye also dies to take its prey to the underworld. I thought this would be a very interesting way to incorporate this theme as an ability, and I'm really happy with my idea here :O
:ss/decidueye:
Mega Decidueye
Ability: Perish Body
Stats:
  • HP: 78 (+0)
  • Attack: 127 (+20)
  • Defense: 85 (+10)
  • Special Attack: 130 (+30)
  • Special Defense: 115 (+15)
  • Speed: 95 (+25)

I had a lot of trouble deciding on what I wanted to do with this guy. I wanted to give it something like Shadow Tag or Tinted Lens because I liked the flavor both of them had to offer, but both of those abilities are also obviously broken (especially the former). Then I realized that Decidueye's signature move, Spirit Shackle, actually has great chemistry with Perish Body. Its gameplan is simple: it traps Pokemon in and sets a Perish Body counter on them.
:SS/Decidueye:
Decidueye @ Deciduite

Ability: Sharp Reflexes - If this Pokémon faints a target on it's first turn in battle, it's speed is increased 2 stages.
Stats:
Hp: 78
Atk: 127 (+20)
Def: 100 (+25)
Spa: 130 (+30)
Spd: 110 (+10)
Spe: 85 (+15)

New Moves: (Bold=Notable) Detect, Quick Guard
 (in VGC)

Flavor:
Decidueye's sensory awareness and marksmanship skills are second to none. When hunting, It fires arrows the speed of sound, causing a sonic bang and stunning it's prey, before firing the finishing shot. In battle, It sneaks in and out of trees and shadows without making a sound, Often appearing as if it materialized out of thin air.

Competitive: Coming Soon
Mega Decidueye
Type: Flying/Ghost
Stats: 78 / 112 (+5) / 125 (+50) / 100 / 125 (+25) / 90 (+20)
Ability: Spirit Guardian (When this Pokemon switches out, the Pokemon that comes in takes 1/2 damage from attacks.)
Additional moves: None
Description: To get inspiration, I looked on Bulbapedia and found that Decidueye is based off of the 'aumakua. Here's the description given on Wikipedia:
In Hawaiian mythology, an ʻaumakua (/ʔaʊmɑːˈkuə/; often spelled aumakua, plural, 'aumākua) is a personal or family god that originated as a deified ancestor, and which takes on physical forms such as spirit vehicles. An 'aumakua may manifest as a shark, owl, bird, octopus, or inanimate objects such as plants or rocks.​
I imagine that the Decidueye decides to shield it's team mates from harm when it comes in.
Competitively, Mega Decidueye will be a great pivot, as it will allow frailer Pokemon to come in more easily. I decided to give it the Flying type, as owls and spirits are both known to be able to fly, and it give Decidueye a weakness to Stealth Rocks.
:Decidueye: Mega Decidueye
New Ability
: Failsafe
(If user's move fail, use haze)

Type:Grass/Ghost
View attachment 369954
New stats:
Attack: 111(+4)
Defense: 115(+40)
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 115(+15)
Speed: 111(+41)

New moves:Grass Whistle, Will-O-Wisp
Description:
So, good bulk, good speed tier, decent attack, being able to set up. Is this a set up sweeper? Well, yeah, if you'd like to reset your own stat boost and set up again. The ability which seems to be hinder for a set up sweeper, is actually quite good for a fast wall that stop set up sweeper. Using its move grass whistle, it can either reset opponent's stat boost or make them fell asleep, stoping them from stat boosting. The same goes with will o wisp, beside the fact that it'd "permanently" halves the power of opponent's physical moves. Using moves with non-perfect accuracy, this thing will almost likely has no drawback.
Decidueye @ Decidueyeite
Ability: Night Haunt (This pokemon take 3/4 damage from trapped target)
Hp : 78
Atk : 127 (+20)
Def : 103 (+28)
SpA : 117 (+17)
SpD : 113 (+13)
Spe : 92 (+22)

The name of the ability come from a playword beetween haunted and hunt, to reflect the Ghost aspected of Decidueye as well as the hunting aspect of archer and owl. Ability wise, it take advantage of Spririt shackle to gain extra bulk allowing it for easier setup.
Coupled with roost and setup move decidueye can easily setup on even strong attacker granted they don't have a super effective move against you once trapped. Ghost move being pretty spammable, mono attacker with only Spirit shackle is also probably a good option, as you can apir it with roost , set up and substitute to setup on weaker mon.
Overall decidueyes is an all rounder with mixed offense allowing for really wacky mixed set , special or physical setup , or even defensive set. The speed is just enough to outspeed landorus-T, while the def as been put low enough to allow LO kartana to 2HKO with Koff even if trapped.
:Decidueye:
Decidueye-Mega
Grass/Ghost
Ability: Overgrow/Long Reach-> Compound Eyes
Stats

HP:
Atk: 137 (+30)
Def:
SpA: 130 (+30)
SpD: 110 (+10)
Spe: 100 (+30)
New Moves: +Gunk Shot

Description: *ahem* Now, Decidueye doesn't have any need for a fancy new ability- not when it has the ability to hit any target with pinpoint accuracy. Golurk has already proven how great perfect accuracy Poltergeist can be, and Decidueye takes that to a new level with a respectable 100 speed tier, backed by new anti-Grass coverage in 100%+ Gunk Shot that can also soften up bulkier mons with poison. (As to why it gets Gunk- you ever heard of owl pellets, kids?) However, this Decidueye can also run a viable special set, taking away the miss chance on Leaf Storm and boosting up its already strong special coverage in Hurricane, its ability to go in either direction boosted with either SD or NP. That said, its speed tier isn't perfect and it is vulnerable to several priority moves, so you'd better take your chance before Decidueye catches you in its sights. Cause you're not getting a second chance.
Mega :swsh/decidueye: Decidueye
Type:
Grass/Ghost
Mega Stone: Deciduite

Ability: True Sight - Enemies that this Pokemon has trapped are completely trapped, and cannot escape using pivot moves.

Stats:
Stats:
HP - 78 (+0)
ATK - 137 (+30)
DEF - 97 (+22)
SPA - 107 (+7)
SPD - 137 (+37)
SPE - 72 (+3)

New Moves: Strength Sap, Pursuit
:Decidueye: Mega Decidueye
New Ability
: Sniper
Type:
Grass/Ghost
New stats:
Attack: 150(+43)
Defense: 100(+25)
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 102(+32)
(630)

New moves: Focus Energy, Stone Edge
Description: He is a sniper
:swsh/decidueye:

New Ability
: Arrows of Fiery: This Pokemon's Non-Contact moves and Special attacks have a 10% chance to burn

New Stats:
Attack: 130 (+13)
Defense: 100 (+25)
Special Attack: 130 (+30)
Speed: 102 (+32)
(BST: 630)

New moves: Flame Burst, Leech Seed
Description: So, since this Pokemon's base form was good at archery (that's why he is called the quill Pokemon, right?), it would make sense to have him be the Lord of Archery when he mega evolves, which he can make his arrows deal more damage. i gave him the move Flame Burst because you can light arrows on fire and shoot them. i also gave him Leech Seed, Because he can shoot seed infested arrows

Mega Decidueye

New Ability
: Trace

Type
: Grass | Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 107
Defense: 75 → 85 (+10)
Special Attack: 100 → 125 (+25)
Special Defense: 100 → 125 (+25)
Speed: 70 → 110 (+40)
BST: 530 → 630

New moves:
Will-O-Wisp

Description:
1) Concept
Since Decidueye is based on an archer, I imagined it would naturally try finding traces of Pokémon for hunting purposes. Moreover, the Pokédex entry mentions its careful nature, so Decidueye would need to be patient and cover its tracks during hunting. Hence why it has Trace as an ability.

2) Competitive
While Mega Noivern is meant to be used as a fast offensive pivot Pokémon, Mega Decidueye distinguishes itself from it through its wide range of support options.

Thanks to its secondary Ghost typing, Mega Decidueye can just rely on one offensive STAB move to hit as many targets as possible and have room for a lot of support options:
a) Mega Decidueye is a good Defog user that isn't scared too much by hazard setters, like Excadrill, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Heatran or Nidoqueen. Due to Spirit Shackles and the addition of Will-O-Wisp, it can discourage these Pokémon from staying in. Bear in mind the Grass typing is very useful for resisting Ground moves; if Mega Decidueye copies Flash Fire from Heatran through Trace, it doesn't have to worry about it anymore.
b) Mega Decidueye can be used as a Status spreader to support the team and has great synergy with Hex.
c) Mega Decidueye is able to combine its trapping potential with Curse and / or set-up moves like Nasty Plot and Swords Dance.
:Decidueye: Mega Decidueye :Decidueye:
Type:

Ability: Nottingham - This pokemon is immune to dark type moves
Stats:
Attack: 120 (+13)
Defense: 102 (+27)
Special Attack: 120 (+20)
Special Defense: 115 (+15)
Speed: 95 (+25)
Description: So in terms of flavor, we drew inspiration from Robin Hood. Iirc, the sheriff of Nottingham is the villain of the Robin Hood story, so we gave Decidueye a dark type, as the sheriff is the villain. Robin Hood felt like it fit with the whole “archer bird” aesthetic (heh, robin is also a bird).
Competitively, this is a very unique take on a dual threat. Due to its remedied defenses and unique immunity and typing combo, Decidueye now functions as a defensive utility pick. With access to defog, knock off, leech seed, roost, and u-turn, this new pivot can knock the socks off (another pun, ayo) if its opponents. Additionally, dual 120 offense stats and access to SD and NP make it a double threat on both sides of the court. While it’ll be plagued by a remaining type weakness problem, crippling 4MSS, and being good in multiple areas but not the consummate in any, this versatile archer has a great shot (pun number 3) of making a big splash in m4a. Enjoy!
Ability: Nefarious - at the end of every turn, all Pokémon on the field take 1/10 damage.
Atk: 107 --> 142 (+35)
Def: 75 --> 80 (+5)
Sp.Atk: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Sp.Def: 100 --> 115 (+15)
Spe: 70 --> 85 (+15)
New Moves: Torment, Leech Seed

Flavor
The term "nefarious" is a close parallel to "sinister," which is used to describe its signature Z-Move. Additionally, Decidueye is obviously some sort of archer - or in a more modern/military perspective, a sniper. They're especially effective in Forest/Jungle environments, where hiding areas are plentiful. However, because they often camp out in the same hiding areas for extremely long periods of time, they often suffer side effects and health consequences, although generally not without inflicting significantly more damage on the opposing forces and wearing them out much faster. In a longer battle, Decidueye might be a bird that would be accustomed to a forest environment, but realistically, it would probably still suffer negative consequences from needing to hide for long periods of time and stalk foes when put into a battle of attrition, as its Pokédex entries seem to imply its more used to very quick battles.
Torment obviously has no use competitively most of the time, but it serves as neat flavor for a Pokémon that's supposed to be nefarious, and also stalking its foe over a long period of time while wearing it down.

Competitive
Decidueye is a really interesting breaker in that not much resists its stab combo (at least, that we commonly see in OU right now); we have Hydreigon, I guess, and Bulletproof Kommo-O (if special with Shadow Ball). There are a lot of soft checks, such as Heatran, Corvi, Blissey (if special), Pex, Bulu, Ferro, Defensive Kommo-O, etc. While it will still struggle against the mons that have access to reliable recovery, those that rely purely on leftovers are forced to take even more chip because of Nefarious, allowing Decidueye to break a lot more easily and sometimes even get 2HKOs (esp. with access to NPlot and SD). This can, in turn, force more switches, allowing you to either Roost, set up, or hit another switch-in for extra damage. Offensive switch-ins also often don't have recovery, allowing you to wear them down more easily. It also has extra SpDef and a tiny bit more Def, which will hopefully allow it to roost on more stuff and absorb moves like Knock Off slightly better (but not significantly). Something like Protect can also be run in order to force more chip on mons without any recovery. Meanwhile, Decidueye is able to keep up its own HP either by using Roost, or Giga Drain on special sets.
Leech Seed was added as an additional way to force more chip onto its opponents if you're defensively trying to wear them down, while keeping up your own HP.
Here's some ideas for spicy sets; using Spirit Shackle, it can lock fatter stuff in, or certain offensive switchins, when they switch in and force them to waste PP on healing. You can run a bulkier set, as you continuously force damage through Nefarious anyway, and you can keep your own HP up with roosts (or if you wanna be extra spicy, use Spite to even take out mons that have extra recovery without wasting too much of your own), paving the way for other stuff to sweep. Protect + Torment can also be used to stop mons that want to pivot out with offensive pivot moves. I'm not sure if such sets would ever be used in practice, but I think it's at least funny in theory. :P
tfw you're comp council but this is your first sub v.v
Mega Decidueye
Ability: Tinted Lens
New moves: nope

Stats:
Atk: 127 (+20)
Def: 100 (+25)
Spa: 120 (+20)
Spd: 125 (+25)
Spe: 80 (+10)

Decidueye never miss a single arrow! His eyes are faster than light.
Tinted Lens is an underused and interesting ability that fit the owl theme (Noctowl also has it) as well as archer theme. It is also a good ability for a grass-type to have, and for coverage/chip damage, like U-turn.
Mega Decidueye
Types: Grass/Ghost
ATK: 132(+25)
DEF: 80(+5)
SP.ATK: 115(+15)
SP.DEF: 120(+20)
SPEED: 105(+35)
Ability: Moxie
Mega Decidueye
New Ability
: Confining Vines (Applies the Forest's Curse effect on trapped opponents)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 107(+25) --> 132
Defense: 75(+25) --> 100
Special Attack: 100(+30) --> 130
Speed: 70(+20) --> 90
(BST): 530(+100) --> 630

New moves: Focus Blast, Earth Power
Description:
The only other Pokemon with Forest's Curse is :trevenant: Trevenant, which shares a lot of similarities with Decidueye, from the Grass/Ghost typing to trapping things being a part of their flavor. Interestingly enough though, Trevenant doesn't have any trapping moves despite its dex entries saying it manipulates trees to make sure those who harm the forest can't leave. Meanwhile, Decidueye's signature move, Spirit Shackle, is all about trapping. So I decided to make Decidueye apply the Forest's Curse effect too.
From a competitive standpoint, moves which change the opponent's types are pretty unviable. Having to use up a move slot and a turn to add a type modification which is removed upon switching out isn't the best. To my knowledge, the only instance of type changing moves being viable is Soak on :pyukumuku: Pyukumuku being used to Toxic Steel or Poison types, and to be honest, it would probably use something else if it had the movepool. So how do we make this unique mechanic better? Well, we throw it on an ability, of course.
Confining Vines makes Decidueye a really nice offensive support Pokemon. The ability to add an extra Grass type to the opponent actually comes in handy more than you'd expect. Grass is the type tied for the most weaknesses with Rock, so there's plenty of ways to abuse it. On Decidueye itself, Brave Bird or Hurricane can help in knocking out a lot of things if used after Spirit Shackle. U-turn is excellent for dealing supereffective damage and pivoting to something that can take advantage of the opponent's Grass type at the same time. The added Defensive bulk means that it can take physical hits better and then Roost its health back.
However, this does come with a few flaws. Since the offenses are mixed, Decidueye doesn't hit very hard on either side. While the Speed tier is decent, it isn't very impressive for a Mega Evolution, so it can't simply trap an opponent, set up with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, and sweep. Its bulk isn't the best either. Overall, this helps balance it out, since dealing damage, trapping the opponent, and changing the opponent's type in the same turn is quite strong.
Alola has a big theme of showstars, and it is my fav gen, so I should give it Victory.

Mega Decidueye

Ability: Victory Star

(Same type)

Attack: 127 (+20)

Def: 115 (+40)

Spatk: 121 (+2(redacted)) fine (+21)

Spdef: 105 (+5)

Speed: 84 (+14)

New Moves: cross chop, stun spore, focus energy

Oh yes. The mon with everything: knock off (which I still don’t get why it’s so important besides stall), defog (ultimate hazard removal), added coverage in flying, trapping ability (sig move), both SDs, and u turn. However, its stats not only are just barely unworkable, but its typing is the MOST PREYED UPON IN THE META. Using this in sm ou has made me love it, and now, I am ready to bring its success to m4a.

First off: cross chop, it has two “arms” that make his sick robin hood cape. It would be awesome to slash something with them! Cc or hjk make no sense, flavorwise or not, but cross chop is a nice inbetween.

Second: stun spore. It just fits. It also gives it amazing speed control with its improved bulk! Almost every set should run this move.

Third: focus energy is a fun boosting move, fits well, and bodies press.

I love rowlet, and I want to give decidueye love. A mega is just what it needed.
Mega Decidueye

/

Ability: Checkmate (If the opposing Pokemon switches out and the user uses a direct attacking move, the incoming Pokemon will be poisoned upon taking damage.)

Stats:
Atk: 152 (+55)
Def: 110 (+35)
SpAtk: 100
SpDef: 100
Spe: 80 (+10)

New Moves: None!

Explanation: Decidueye is an awesomely designed Pokemon, with a dope typing, signature move, and an amazing kit of tools to take advantage of its signature move and support its team. However, I wanted to take an approach with my Mega Decidueye that can let it dip into both sides of the spectrum between trapping and capitalizing on forced switches. Originally, I was going to go for an ability like Stakeout, but it was far too powerful and someone already did it, so here's something considerably toned down and a little more optically interesting. However, Stakeout is incredibly interesting in concept mainly because its condition is based around switches, which interacts very interestingly with Decidueye's signature move in Spirit Shackle, allowing for it to apply pressure against its targets to where it can force a trap, or force extreme burst damage on a switch-in.

Specter's Stride is a name I took from a very old Mega Decidueye concept and reimagined, and highlights this interaction in a more interesting way without breaking Decidueye even remotely. By setting poison on the opposing Pokemon's entry as well as its access to Spirit Shackle to freely and forcibly accumulate this damage, it is able to provide a very unique kind of support for ally Pokemon that appreciate having a good way to spread chip damage around, while being able to continuously apply pressure while being able to set Substitutes, Nasty Plots, or Swords Dances or even get off Poisons by utilizing a fast U-turn, or even do some burst damage of its own with Hex. Of course though I have to work around this thing's access to Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, so a lot of this has to be designed rather unoptimally to be balanced.

Poison-type Pokemon like Toxapex or Steel-types like Corviknight or Skarmory completely halt this ability, but by pidgeonholing these switch-ins it could find trapping opportunities such as against Toxapex, etc. Overall, I think there's a lot of creative potential in this ability that also has very practical applications, and I think it would be a very fun addition to the M4A metagame overall.
New Ability
: Disarm (Trapped Pokémon have their ability suppressed (Gastro Acid effects while trapped))
Type: Grass / Ghost
New stats:
Attack: 107 -> 121 (+14)
Defense: 75 -> 99 (+24)
Special Attack: 100 -> 114 (+14)
Special Defense: 100 -> 124 (+24)
Speed: 70 -> 94 (+24)
(530 -> 630)
New moves: Focus Blast
Description: Abilities (as this very PM would attest) are most often an essential part of what makes a Pokémon good. Thanks to Disarm, Mega Decidueye is able to neutralize these abilities while it is on field as well as prevent the affected Pokémon from switching out to a different one, which can lead to a strong advantage in certain cases (but an unnoticeable one, in others). Of course, several Pokémon are immune to its effects: several ones with hard-coded abilities, and any Normal or Ghost-types due to its reliance on Spirit Shackle and the latter type's natural immunity to trapping.

Mega Decidueye
Ability: Analytic
Stats:
ATK: 107 -> 125 (+18)
DEF: 75 -> 117 (+42)
SPA: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SPD: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SPE: 70 -> 60 (-10)
So, Decudueye is based on an archer. (no way, i never would have guessed!) And all good archers need time to line up their shots. So Analytic makes so much sense for Mega-Decidueye! It works really well with Spirit Shackle, trapping faster targets, eating hits from them, and then blows them back with a boosted move. Or, it can use the possible switch to set up with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, depending on what set you run.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

Edit @19:57 GMT: updated the Ability name of ausma's Decidueye!

Anddd... that should be all I have for you this evening! Tagging BlueRay for Incineroar subs! C:

Last edited:
:Incineroar:
Subs from the following people are excluded from voting as they are not in concordance with the rules. Morning Sun was removed from depressed lion's Incineroar due to a potentially unhealthy impact on VGC. To any other person, if I forgot to include your sub in the compilation post, let me know asap!
Ema Skye, Tarionate, Double Iron Bash

And now, it's voting time! Not all Incineroar subs are in this compilation post; you can find the rest a post below.
mega incineroar

fire/dark
stats
hp- 95
atk- 115(+15)>130
def- 90(+20)>110
spa- 80(+30)>110
spd- 90
spe- 60(+35)>95

ability: (cheap heat/intense; name not final)- stat changes the user inflicts on another pokemon are doubled

new moves: coaching
since the release of its hidden ability, incineroar has been a major contender in vgc formats with its great utility, from its intimate ability to snarl to fake out to parting shot to even more niche moves like bulldoze, incineroar makes its presence known much like its inspiration in the heel wrestler. cheap heat takes this idea and cranks it up to 11, giving it -2 snarls and bulldozes and parting shots becoming pseudo-memento, as well as the ability to give your ally +2 attack and defense with coaching.
(also if you don't know cheap heat in wrestling is when you rile up the crowd as a heel by doing things that are unfair and getting them mad at you)

and just for fun here's a list of all the moves affected by the ability:
bulldoze, crunch, low sweep, focus blast, snarl, coaching, confide, growl, leer, parting shot, scary face, swagger
Incineroar-Mega
Typing:

/
{no change}
New Ability: Kayfabe - This Pokémon's Fighting attacks do 1.5x damage if hit by one Fighting move; Fighting immunity. {abilities were Blaze / Intimidate (hidden ability)}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 115 → 150 (+35)
Def: 090 → 115 (+25)
SpA: 080 → 090 (+10)
SpD: 090 → 099 (+09)
Spe: 060 → 081 (+21)

Movepool Additions: Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Submission, Vital Throw

Pokédex Description: Pokémon Sword: "Incineroar is now more boastful and fond of toying with even its weaker opponents, especially those that think they can take it out by using Fighting moves against it."
Pokémon Shield: "Due to its expertise at grappling and close-combat, Incineroar has a sixth-sense for any formal fighting move sent its way. Despite its gruff look and bulky body, it nimbly dances around opponents before lariating them."

Design Choices: I will be perfectly blunt from the beginning here: I don't like Primarina. I don't hate Primarina, but I don't like it either. Never have in part due to disliking its visual design but mostly due to how annoyingly good its typing is and how difficult it generally is to deal with, especially after Empoleon gets inconveniently Thanos Snapped by Dexit and when it randomly gets access to Calm Mind in Gen 8, which it never really needed. Thanks Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Thanks a lot, especially for then giving it the obnoxiousness of Flip Turn too.

That said, my antipathy aside, I figured I would still try to at least do a decent if uninspired job for its Mega even I'm sure other people could do (much) better given all of the good ideas that tend to be in this thread alone. So I decided the least I can do to make sure its Mega form is worth using over Tapu Fini, which is part of why it got the semi-trolly Speed tier it did, which influenced both my versions of Incineroar-Mega and Decidueye-Mega thereafter. I figure that a niche as the fastest and strongest special-oriented Swift Swim is enough for it to see theoretical use, especially if it also becomes the fastest Water/Fairy in general even outside of Rain--even if barely that.

(For the record, the tail splitting in visual design is just a supposed aspect of mermaids from some mythologies that's come into the public conconsciousness once again via One Piece and, I guess, Starbucks. Shrug.)

This "bare minimum" aspect is a concern I have about Primarina-Mega in general though. Not only am I unsure if I added enough stat-wise for my own, it's also rather clear that Primarina-Mega doesn't need much to potentially just become somewhat obnoxious to the point of maybe having to get banned to Ubers, especially now that it has Calm Mind and Flip Turn. Ugh. Again, I'm sure someone else can do better than this--I sincerely hope that. This is just personally the best I can do at present, especially for a mon I'm utterly unenthused about, while still being fair to it.
Mega Incineroar
New Ability: Blaze / Intimidate -> Technician
New Typing: Fire/Dark (Unchanged)

New Stats:
DEF
: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SPA
: 80 -> 105 (+25)
SPD
: 90 -> 95 (+5)
SPE
: 60 -> 75 (+15)

New Moves
: Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Beat Up

Desc: Incineroar has some insanely cool tech options in its movepool, and fittingly many of them are Technician-boosted! Technician brings Flame Charge up to the same base power as Fire Punch, its main STAB for people who don't want recoil wearing it down. Dual Chop isn't something it probably would ever run, but that goes up to 60bp x2; Snarl having raised BP alongside its heightened Special Attack makes that move more likely to be useful, especially in combination with pre-mega Intimidate and its access to Will-o-Wisp; and Bulldoze goes up to 90 BP, still less than Earthquake but coming with a valuable Speed drop.

As for its move additions, Circle Throw and Storm Throw have been frequently seen alongside Technician submissions, due to the incredible tech potential they offer; Incineroar combines its pre-existing access to Flame Charge (another popular Technician prompt) with flavor that fits "throwing moves" like a glove and a portrayal in another video game where it quite possibly boasts the best throws of the roster. Circle Throw forces the opponent to switch, frustrating switch-ins and buying itself turns to mess around. Meanwhile, Storm Throw always results in a critical hit, which when combined with Technician to raise it to 90 BP blows holes through a lot of things. Finally, Beat Up is a Technician niche that I personally have been wanting to see for awhile -- depending on the composition of your team, because each hit of Beat Up is calculated separately, Technician can boost it to absurd levels. I don't see it often wanting to run that, due to it weakening over the course of the battle and biasing your team to include certain stat spreads, but I think it fits personality wise/flavor wise and this is a great opportunity to include it.

Technician somewhat suits it personality-wise, giving the feel of an underhanded fighter who doesn't rely as much on brute force to muscle through matchups, instead getting creative and using its wits and a good amount of trickery to turn its opponent's strengths against them.

And of course, any discussion of Incineroar cannot avoid touching on its titanic relevance in doubles formats. I'm actually a bit nervous here, as I don't really know enough about VGC to know if this could potentially be unhealthy there, but hopefully it isn't! Many of Incineroar's doubles-related tech options are also boosted by Technician, most notably Fake Out, Snarl and Bulldoze, and I've also been told that Storm Throw would be a very viable option for it in VGC due to critical hits bypassing screens and Intimidate debuffs.

Also I don't really understand why Incineroar doesn't have these throwing moves already
It's like a wrestler right
I don't know how to win spirit battles in smash bros without just using Incineroar to just throw them off the screen, help, im really not good at smash bros

*xx135125105095075 (Incineroar) @ Mega Stone 2
Ability: Technician
Mega Incineroar

Ability - Blaze; Intimidate ➝ Heating Tactics (Activates when user uses a Dark-type move. Once activated, user’s Fire-type moves deal 1.5 times damage)

HP - 95 ➝ 95
Atk
- 115 ➝ 155 (+40)
Def - 90 ➝ 110 (+20)
SpA - 80 ➝ 90 (+10)
SpD - 90 ➝ 110 (+20)
Spe - 60 ➝ 70 (+10)
BST - 530 ➝ 630 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Beat Up, Cycle Throw, Storm Throw, Vital Throw
Competitive Corner - Incineroar is already a stellar Pokémon in competitive, hence I thought keeping things relatively tame for its Mega, and at least trying a different approach to the Intimidate Heavy-Duty Boots approach would be a nice change of pace, so this, competitively, is a bit similar to what Incineroar used to do in NU before getting Intimidate, that's right, this Incineroar is a fearsome setup sweeper, making use of Intimidate, Swords Dance, and its boosted firepower after using a Dark-type move to break through teams, like a true heel would. Using something like Taunt or Snarl as a way to help set up, and also guarantee its Flash Fire boost, might also be an interesting approach, as opposed to having to hit a Dark-type attack, before activating said boost. Although, missing out on Earthquake coverage might be undesirable, I dunno.
Flavor Corner - The flavor here is the concept of "heat" in professional wrestling, heels will often attempt to create "heat", which is basically making the audience root against them, and for the good guys, a.k.a. the faces. And how do they do that, exactly? By playing foul and cheating, of course! Hence, upon using any Dark-type move, Incineroar gets the audience's hatred, and that fuels up its firepower even more >:)
Mega Incineroar
Ability: Heel Up (When this Pokemon lands a critical hit, its Speed is increased by one stage.)
Stats:
  • HP: 95 (+0)
  • Attack: 145 (+30)
  • Defense: 110 (+20)
  • Special Attack: 90 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 110 (+20)
  • Speed: 80 (+20)
New Moves: Night Slash, Cross Poison, Focus Energy, Storm Throw

So Incineroar is based off of a heel, a specific role in the wrestler world that focuses on playing dirty and using unfair tactics. And what's commonly seen as one of the most unfair mechanics in Pokemon? Critical hits. Incineroar already learns a lot of moves that have high critical hit ratios, including Blaze Kick and Cross Chop. This Mega is meant to encourage the use of those high-crit rate moves with the potential for Incineroar to become a deadly sweeper. Night Slash is a new Dark STAB that works with Heel Up, Cross Poison is another high-crit rate move that has the added bonus of dealing with Fairies, and Focus Energy and Storm Throw give Incineroar a guaranteed method of activating its new ability..
Incineroar @ Incinerite
Ability: High Velocity - This Pokémon’s contact moves multiply the users attacking stat by 1.5x when used, all contact moves gain the effect of dealing recoil equal to 1/3 the damage dealt. Attacks with recoil do not recieve any additional recoil.

Stats:
Hp: 95
Def: 135 (+45)
Spa: 95 (+15)
Spd: 110 (+20)

New Moves: (Bold=Notable): Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, Storm Throw, Rapid Spin

Flavor:
With the power of mega evolution, Incineroar's strength and conditioning are increased to astonishing levels, with the ability to tear steel pylons in half with it's bare hands, provided they haven't melted due to the intense heat generated by Incineroar. These power boosts have come with a cost, however. Incineroar loses any remaining compassion it had (Incineroar's rough and aggressive behavior is its most notable trait, but the way it helps out small Pokémon shows that it has a kind side as well. - Shield Dex Entry), and will attack anything it perceives as a threat, with deadly results. It still recognizes it's trainer's orders, and can be reasoned with, however.

Hits very hard, great bulk on paper, and multiple boosting moves including sd, bulk up, flame charge and the new addition of rapid spin, but like darmanitan, itreally doesn't appreciate stealth rock, and will be tanking a lot of hits in addition to recoil, so the bulk is pretty necessary. Most of the moves were added for flavor, but storm throw, with it's guaranteed crit chance, can find niche usage in VGC to hit other fighting-weak pokemon like opposing incineroar or mega empo while bypassing intimidate. Rapid spin provides incineroar with more utility and a different way to boost it's speed (It originally had flame charge, also just, the darkest lariat animation is all the flavor it needs for rapid spin). For temmates, It appreciates hazard control the most, as seen in the calcs below, stealth rocks can be the key to achieve ohkos or 2hkoes on opponents, and due to the health loss, a wish passer is appreciated too if you plan to not set up, and safe entries via pivoting moves are great for maximizing incineroar's longevity.

Calcs: (Hustle is used to simulate high velocity)
252+ Atk Hustle Incineroar Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 180-214 (52.3 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Hustle Incineroar Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 362-428 (91.8 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Hustle Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 363-427 (92.8 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Hustle Incineroar Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 148-176 (48.6 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Hustle Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 378-446 (90.4 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Mega Incineroar
Type: Fire/Fighting
Stats: 95 / 155 (+40) / 110 (+20) / 100 (+20) / 90 / 80 (+20)
Ability: Attitude Adjustment (This Pokemon's throwing moves deal 1.2x damage. If this Pokemon KOs a Pokemon with a throwing move, it gains +1 Atk.)
Move additions: Slam, Storm Throw, Vital Throw
Description: Incineroar is a wrestler. You know who else is a wrestler? John Cena. Here's what Wikipedia states on John Cena (that is relevant to my submission):
During WWE's change from TV-14 to TV-PG in mid-2008, the name of Cena's finishing move, the FU, was changed to the Attitude Adjustment... Cena has portrayed a heroic character throughout his WWE career, except for a villainous run in 2002–2003.
Attitude Adjustment? That sounds cool. So I went and looked that up on Wikipedia:
The wrestler performs the fireman's carry from a standing position, then tosses the opponent off their shoulders as they drop down to their knees, causing the opponent to land on their back. The standing variant is a higher impact version of the move because the wrestler falls from a greater height, and is a move closely associated with John Cena through his use of it as his finishing maneuver, which he calls the Attitude Adjustment.
That's what I decided to do for the ability. The Fighting Type is there because there aren't enough Fire Fighting starters John Cena is usually portrayed in a heroic manner, which contrasts with the Dark type.

Throwing moves (Slam, Storm Throw, Vital Throw, and Circle Throw are the only ones I can think of) now hit extra hard, and let it potentially snowball with the attack buff.
Incineroar-Mega
Fire/Dark
Ability: Counter Break
Based on SSBU Incineroar's Down Special, Revenge.
When the user is hit by a physical attack, reduces damage taken by 50% and its next attack is a critical hit. Only usable once-per-switch-in.
New moves: Yawn (learned through Litten/Torracat)
New moves that are there for pure flavor, because Incineroar uses moves similar to them in SSBU: Seismic Toss, Rolling Kick, Sky Uppercut

Stats:
Atk: 155 (+40)
Def: 130 (+40)
SpA: 80
SpD: 120 (+30)
Spe: 50 (-10)

f l a v o r
Of all the Pokemon that are also Smash Bros characters, Incineroar is the sole remaining Pokemon that hasn't had a Mega yet (laughs in Ash-Gren), and you know what? I'm just gonna turn Mega Incineroar into Smash Ultimate Incineroar, fuck it!

Incineroar is notorious for being the slowest character in the game, even slower than Ganondorf, and that's saying something. It is also, however, one of the hardest-hitting characters in the game, being able to dish out mountains of damage with its Smash attacks and more importantly, its Side-B, Alolan Whip.

But what makes Alolan Whip so good? Well, for starters, it's a command grab that has powerful knockback, capable of interrupting the actions of the opponents. On the other hand, Down-B.

Revenge, according to the official Smash Wiki, functions as a counterattack, albeit much differently: Incineroar retaliates with a weak burst of flame after receiving significantly reduced damage from the retaliated attack, and its next move is powered up. This is the basis for my Mega Incineroar sub.

Obligatory Long AF Essay
This Mega is moreso there for the fun factor and also serves as an alternate to Buzzwole to some extent? The main difference here is that Incineroar-Mega also has decent Special bulk and a better movepool to boot, with the capability of shutting down physical attackers with burns and having incredible pivoting with Parting Shot.

However, being weak to Rocks hinders its capabilities quite a bit, forcing it to delete 1/4 of its health bar every time it steps on a pebble. The slow speed tier also makes Incineroar incapable of reaping the benefits of Counter Break, as the damage reduction only lasts for one hit. Hence, hazard removal, slow pivoting and high-skill prediction plays are necessary whenever using Incineroar-Mega. It also has no recovery, so Wish support is advisable.

It's not the most meta-defining Pokemon out there, but with the right teammates and maintenance to back it up, you'll find Incineroar-Mega a really fun and interesting Mega to play around with, all while being completely faithful to its Smash Bros counterpart.
Mega Incineroar
New Ability:
Exacerbate
(Crit if opponents has been damaged this turn)

New stats:

Attack: 120(+5)
Defense: 100(+10)
Special Attack: 100(+20)
Special Defense: 100(+10)
Speed: 115(+55)

New moves
: Court Change, Coaching, Pursuit
Description:

-Single: Yeah, there are a few ways to trigger this ability in single. Either opponent recoil/crash hit rocky helmet(but it can't since incineroar can't hold a rocky helmet) and hazards. In incineroar's case, hazard is the quickest way to trigger this ability. Just set your own rock or steal opponent's rock, and sweep afterward.
-Double: Incineroar's favourite meta -VGC. Incineroar is infamously known for stat lowering and its pre-mega ability -Intimidate. So how to make it somewhat equivalently good? Make it an excellent stallbreaker. We all know that crit always has been an important thing in VGC, and this thing may now crit its opponent easily. The way this ability triggers in double is a bit more fun in single, such as hitting the same target twice (fake out + move) or redirecting opponent's moves into a rocky helmet, and if they made contact, this thing can crit that opponent.
Incineroar (Dark/fire)
Ability : Cheap-Heat (When attacking a opposing mon with a positive stat change , apply the taunt effect for 3 turn)
Hp : 95
Atk : 145 (+30)
Def : 110 (+20)
SpA : 95 (+15)
SpD : 110 (+20)
Spe : 75 (+15)

Based on catch , i wanted an ability that remind that aspect of incineroar being a heel , taunting is opponent. I also wanted to create synergie with its signature move ignoring opponent stat change, therefore by combining both you can have a perfect counter to opponent bulky setter that rely on stuff like CM/BU alongside recovery move and huge bulk to sweep late game.
The name of the ability came from a catch term where an heel trash talk the public to taunt them (And also there is Heat in the name and you know inci is fire so yeah )
Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Dancer

New stats:
Attack: 80 (-35)
Defense: 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 125 (+45)
Special Defense: 110 (+20)
Speed: 110 (+50)
(630)

New moves: Fiery Dance
Description: Incineroar is always after strength however after seeing some other pokemon dancing Incineroar had it's world open. Instead of focusing on strength Incineroar has a new passion in dance. Upon mega evolving Incineroar becomes much quicker and with it's world open it has gained more mental strength, refusing to hide it's true passion, dance. Incineroar gets Nasty Plot as well as having decent stab moves in Fire Blast and Dark Pulse with coverage in Scoring Sands and Focus Blast. 125 spatk with Nasty Plot and Fire Blast can deal decent amount of damage however Incineroar can be revenge killed easily with weaknesses to Stealth Rocks taking 25% on switch in being unable to hold HDB and a weakness to fighting and not having any way to boost it's speed makes it hard for Incineroar to sweep and having an almost always useless ability in singles and normal Incin being better in VGC help to alleviate issues such as it's bulk which could be concerning with it's offensive stats.
Mega Incineroar (Fire/Fighting)
Ability
: Blaze/Intimidate => Heel Face Turn (Turns Dark Type moves into Fighting Type moves)
HP : 95
ATK : 135(+20)
DEF : 110(+20)
SPA : 100 (+20)
SPD : 110 (+20)
SPE : 80 (+20)
Movepool Changes: None
Description: I feel as though I'm gonna get crucified for this because incineroar is now fire/fighting and it gets fighting type knock off and snarl. On top of that I went with the generic +20 to everything because I was honestly too scared to do anything other than that. My idea behind this was the Heel Face Turn in which a Heel wrestler becomes a Face wrestler. In non wrestle talk it means that the bad guy becomes the good guy. Fighting is often associated as being a "heroic" type since it beats dark type, which is why you see the change form dark to fighting, and why Heel Face Turn works the way it does.
I also have a sub for this slate! .w.

I've been super excited for this, actually - this is one of my favorite Pokémon, and while I'm not positive if it'll be immediately intuitive or if it will come off as a stretch feedback and criticism are welcome!, this particular concept is one that's evolved a fair amount over time and that I'm very enthusiastic about from a gameplay point of view, even if it might take a bit more flavorful abstraction than some of my other subs.
I'm actually pretty attached to it at this point, so I really hope I can sell everyone on it and it can be given a chance!

Tiiiny bit of context first...
Some of you may remember this as the first time I ever touched Showdown's code:
Mega Cinderace
New Ability
: Blaze/Libero -> Scorching Soles
(Flash Fire "clone"... sort of: grants immunity to entry hazards and boosts the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when switching in on them)
Type: Fire

New Stats:
Attack: 116 -> 123 (+7)
Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Speed: 119 -> 132 (+13)
(630 BST)

New moves: None for now
Description:
Meant to play like the opposite of Libero Cinderace - a Scorching Soles-boosted Pyro Ball is more than twice as strong as any of its non-STAB moves (meaning that, for example, a resisted Pyro Ball is still stronger than a neutral High Jump Kick), so instead of filling its sets with simple attacks of different types, Mega Cinderace has very little incentive to bother with coverage at all. This is meant to promote sets that focus on only one primary attacking move and have another three slots to dedicate to utility, including the valuable U-turn, Cinderace's totally unique Court Change, and perhaps something like Taunt or simply a backup attacking move (Pyro Ball's 8 PP might actually prove to be a significant drawback unless it can fall back on something else).
In addition to creating this distinct playing style, Scorching Soles is designed to compensate for Mega Cinderace's inability to hold Heavy-Duty Boots; Court Change would be impossible to use effectively if it had to take hazard damage every time it switched in to use it. This comes at the cost that it now relies on the presence of hazards to in order to fight at full power.
Mega Cinderace's primary function is to take a state of disadvantage (hazards present on its side of the field) and turn it into a state of advantage (reversing those hazards and gaining a damage boost to enable its own sweep).
I've always thought that Court Change was a much more interesting part of Cinderace than Libero and its capacity to be a physical sweeper, so I wanted to do something that promoted that rather than make it an even more generically minmaxed attacker. Libero Cinderace will still be used without Mega Evolving, of course - this does something almost completely different - but I'm hoping they can coexist in the meta and each offer something useful to different teams!
:Incineroar: Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Blaze/Intimidate -> Pounce
(If there are entry hazards in place when Mega Incineroar enters the field, it jumps over them to avoid their effects, which lowers the Defense of adjacent opposing Pokémon by 1 stage. No effect if there are not entry hazards on Mega Incineroar's side of the field.)

New Stats:
Attack: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 60 -> 95 (+35)
(630 BST)

New moves: Court Change, Rapid Spin

Okay, so this is a sub that I'm actually really passionate about, and it's pretty heavily interlinked with two other submissions of mine that were both pretty important to me in different ways - one was the first time I touched Showdown's code (see Scorching Soles Cinderace above!), and the other was the first winning submission I ever made for any pet mod, my beloved :toxtricity-gmax: Mega Toxtricity from Megamax (which I proceeded to use relentlessly for months after it made it in).
This is sort of the culmination of both of those submissions, and on a Pokémon I've loved for a long time - I've come a pretty long way since both of those, and I think I have a much better understanding of how to make it work, so... let's get into it!

The original premise of my Mega Toxtricity was to be a pivot that used Intimidate for Special Defense ("Contaminate") to force switches, and while there are a couple of (mostly optics-driven) reasons I'm no longer comfortable lifting that directly, it made for a very fun and interactive Pokémon all the same, and it's one of my favorite Pokémon I've been able to use!
At the time, the original was actually considered kind of unviable for a couple of reasons, haha; in a total vacuum, lowering defenses on entry is apparently not nearly as strong as it sounds in a singles environment and is in some ways weaker than Intimidate, though it would definitely be a bigger deal in doubles and that alone has me convinced that Game Freak would stay away it I care about following perceived design rules probably a lot more than most ... though as noted in the slate opening post, Special Attack and Speed are the two stats that should really never get an Intimidate clone.
That's a big part of why this sub is so exciting to me - in addition to revamping the Ability a bit to be more singles-specific and showing its real potential as a tool for pivots hence the anti-hazard angle I'm taking with this iteration, I've also taken cues from... well, everything we learned from Toxtricity, and I feel strongly that Incineroar is pretty much the perfect Pokémon to receive "version 2.0" of Contaminate!

M4A players are probably already familiar with :garbodor: Mega Garbodor's Ability, Trash Compactor, and :torterra: Mega Torterra's Ability, Gravitational Pull - both of these are Abilities that grant immunity to entry hazards and, when the Pokémon comes in contact with them, have some kind of special effect instead.
Mega Incineroar's Pounce allows it to join their ranks as a Mega Evolution designed to punish hazards directly and disincentivize using them; in Incineroar's case, lowering Defense on entry comes with an incredibly varied set of applications and affords it a ton of customizability, lending itself to a truly dynamic playing style once its opponent sets it off.

The number one thing we learned from Toxtricity is that no matter how good a Pokémon is at forcing switches, that doesn't help it if it can't punish the switch-in - in Toxtricity's case, it had poor coverage and a reliance on Volt Switch over U-turn (which is outright negated if the obvious Ground-types switched in, making it often lose the very momentum it was designed to grab), and it didn't really have anything to do with a free turn other than directly attack, so forcing its opponent to switch out by threatening big damage just... made switching out always the right choice, since it couldn't do big damage. P:
I still really enjoyed using Toxtricity, but from what I know now... why not go for something with a hecking ton more options instead?!

Like noted in the Submission Handbook's section on Hawlucha, the more flexibility you want a Pokémon to have, the more valuable it is to have a good STAB combination, freeing up moveslots you don't want to have to spend on coverage.
When it debuted, Toxtricity lost to basically every Ground-type in the game and a lot of Steel-types - it was eventually buffed with Burning Jealousy to be able to deal with Excadrill and Ferrothorn, but having to run dual STABs, coverage and Volt Switch to function meant it didn't have room for more interesting support options.
Incineroar's Fire and Dark STAB combination is much more synergistic, not walled by any one common type; it's complemented pretty well by either its existing strong Fighting coverage or U-turn (one of its pivoting options), but few enough relevant Pokémon wall Fire/Dark that you can also get away with just running dual STABs if you have other preferred utility without being caught in a position where a hard-counter on the opposing team makes Incineroar nonfunctional. This goes hand in hand with Incineroar's valuable access to U-turn over Volt Switch, a crucial advantage that lets it grab momentum even when an opponent has an effective wall - unlike Toxtricity, it can pivot out of its obvious switch-ins, which is a huge deal for the utility it offers its team!

Aside from delivering on its offensive pressure, though, Incineroar comes with a ton of fun utility options and actually has the space in its sets to run them!!
The thing I loved so much about using Megamax Toxtricity was never the damage it could do with the -1 Special Defense, but the way the threat of that damage forced opponents to play; Incineroar here can capitalize on that threat in a much wider variety of ways than Toxtricity, and I absolutely love that about it!

- First of all, Incineroar can cripple the actual switch-ins in more ways than directly damaging them, which is valuable because it doesn't damage switch-ins nearly as much as it hurts a target that doesn't switch out (this is by design!). Easily Incineroar's best STAB options in singles is Knock Off, which is well known for being more or less the most spammable and least punishable move in the game the other candidate is U-turn which it also has. Immediately, you can make your opponent think twice about what's safe to switch in - no matter how easily their favorite wall should live a hit, is it worth the permanent side effect of losing their item? Not only that, but like any Fire-type ... uh ... sorry, like any well-designed Fire-type I called it the cooler Cinderace for a reason, Incineroar has Will-o-Wisp, and like just about every Pokémon from before Gen VIII, it has Toxic, two of the best crippling status moves in the game. Wisp goes super well with Incineroar's bulk and lack of recovery, but Toxic is not to be underrated either - too many people forget this move's universal distribution and think it's only good on walls, but Fire-types are some of Toxic's best users, since they can use it to punish many Water-types that would otherwise resist their moves and have super effective STAB to prevent Steel-types from coming in and taking a Toxic unscathed.

- Next up, Incineroar has plenty of other ways to take advantage of free turns!
First and most notably, it has Swords Dance and Bulk Up depending on your preferred kind of setup and Nasty Plot but Mega here is way more physical than base sorry, both being strong setup moves that can help it to punch holes in weakened teams and turn more potential switch-ins into "wrong answers" as long as it's sure to get a hit on them before it's forced back out.
Moreover, it has the newly-added Rapid Spin have you seen Darkest Lariat's animation and Court Change uhhhh... sports! ... ... okay in my defense its signature Z-Move has it pull its own stadium from nowhere it can probably pull this off to interact cleanly with its hazard immunity and synergize directly with its Ability. Rapid Spin is probably the better option in a lot of ways, giving Incineroar a rare niche as a spinner that has super effective STAB on Ghost-type spinblockers - and with the move boosting its Speed as of Sword and Shield, it can run Rapid Spin on a set that also has a setup move like SD or Bulk Up, turning its hazard removal into a major momentum swing in its favor!
Court Change is not nearly as synergistic but it's fun as heck okay
I just want Court Change Incineroar
Another thing I like about adding these two moves to Incineroar is the unique dynamic they have with Pounce's mechanics - sure, built-in hazard immunity and punishing makes Mega Incineroar one of the best Pokémon to clear hazards, but there may be times in battle when you want hazards to stay up! After all, if Incineroar doesn't clear hazards, Pounce can keep activating every time it switches in; weighing the advantages of continuing to punish your opponent for setting hazards against the advantages of supporting your teammates immediately can create some unusual choices in the teambuilder and in battle, and I can't wait to see how Incineroar users explore that!

- In addition to the aforementioned benefits of U-turn, both for moveslot compression and its key advantages over Volt Switch, Incineroar is a rare user of the move Parting Shot, an amazing momentum-grabbing move that helps it escape from battle reliably while easing pressure on its switch-in and allowing a teammate to set up easily. The combination of Pounce and Parting Shot forcing the opponent to switch twice in a row can be devastating if it's pulled off!

Another issue Toxtricity faced is that 87 Speed was simply not enough for it to do its job, but it didn't take that much of an increase for people to be satisfied with it; mostly, the problem was being too easily hard-countered by its obvious switch-ins. This was deliberate at the time because I was so wary of overshooting, but the clear consensus after testing was that it definitely wasn't a necessary precaution - outspeeding Pokémon like Excadrill in Toxtricity's case and Landorus-T in Incineroar's is not a bad thing and is actually more of a basic necessity than something that would push them over the edge!
95 is a much better Speed tier for this than Incineroar's original 60 (or even the relatively close 90), but it's still emphatically not high enough to push Incineroar to be a sweeper; this playing style is so much more fun as a supportive and disruptive pivot, and I want to keep all of its options at the forefront rather than making it a straightforward attacker!

There's one last thing that makes me prefer the design of this Ability over the original Contaminate - although hazard reliance and Defense drops on entry might seem like an odd pair of effects to combine, and I'm still a bit worried people will assume it's nothing more than a contrivance to get Boots on Mega Incineroar, there are very good reasons to connect the two effects and I think that's really important to Mega Incineroar's role!
First of all, it's... well, yeah, it's kinda true - it's pretty obvious that a Rock-weak pivot that can't hold Boots is not going to thrive in a metagame where everything else can hold them, and there's a reason all of our other Fire-type pivots are ones whose secondary types or Abilities help them with that obvious weakness. This is a basic necessity for Incineroar to function in this role, however awkward it may sound, and it's especially important when Incineroar's base form not only has the option to run Boots but always does - Mega Incineroar would be woefully outclassed by base, and base Incineroar is already on the niche side in M4A OU singles, so there was really no way around this.
That said, there are other valid reasons why the Ability is more interesting this way!
The first is the way that hazard dependence plays with Incineroar's role as a support Pokémon in general, without automatically clearing hazards the way Garbodor does. Pounce leaves in the opponent's hands the choice of whether it's worth setting hazards at the risk of enabling an opposing Incineroar, and it puts both players in a complex game of field management, rather than Incineroar simply always being an amazing pivot that always forces switches. In some ways, Pounce allows Incineroar to do its job of supporting its team and dissuading hazards while it's not even on the field, and that kind of mindgame simply doesn't exist if the Ability is always on! Moreover, Pounce activating so conditionally gives Mega Incineroar a much more dynamic playing style by creating two very different states - the way it can play when it has no Ability but passively threatens opponents and the way it can play when it has a highly synergistic and actively threatening Ability - without even needing multiple forms to create that kind of phase shift.
The third and final reason I like the relationship to hazards is the way it elegantly satisfies one of my biggest inherent reservations about Intimidate clones - while I know we've recently come to terms with the fact that we could just ban a Mega Incineroar straight-up if it's a problem in VGC, there's something I like so much more about the simplicity here: Pounce arguably should not exist in VGC... but hazards basically don't exist in VGC, so there's nothing to worry about. (Plus, with Incineroar having Court Change now, maaaybe you can get up to some weird shenanigans and enable it as a doubles pivot after all? but that takes way more prep and way more careful teambuilding, so it's much more fairly earned and should be nowhere near problematic. Like, this is probably a bad idea, but you could get some wacky shenanigans out of, I dunno, Court Change Toxic Spikes alongside some Guts users and Steel- or Flying-types - isn't that so much more fun than "Mega Incineroar dominates the format with perpetual Pounce" or "never mind, there is no Mega Incineroar in VGC?" It'd still be niche and gimmicky for sure, but with base Incineroar's vise grip on the format, that's probably a good thing!

Last thing: Incineroar does not learn Pursuit! so it's okay we can all breathe
Ahe m

But yeah, I think that covers everything!!
This is a sub I'm actually really passionate about, probably a lot more than I usually am about my subs, so I really hope it goes over well and that we can give it a chance!
I just feel like this would be such a fun addition to the meta and it's totally the kind of Pokémon I love to play with, so here's hoping for the best! C:
Incineroar-Mega
Fire/Dark
Ability: Blaze/Intimidate-> False Comeback (User's Dark type moves do 1.5x damage if hit by one Fighting move. User is immune to Fighting moves).
Stats

Def: 120 (+30)
SpA: 90 (+10)
SpD: 100 (+10)
Spe: 90 (+30)
New Moves:
+Pursuit

Description: "Alright, let's stop pretending you all care about these losers, and get on to the main event. All these weak @$$ Pokemon think they can escape me by hiding in Singles- oh, that's funny! You all think you're tough with those fancy Fighting techniques, well your comebacks are ending before they even begin, because I am closing down your Combat! With my nuclear Dark moves, I'll slap those items right out of your hands, then I'll cut right through your cheap Defense raises, and when you try to run for mama, I'll drag you back and give you another! So what if Fighting types resist my Dark moves? Turn your back to me and I'll hit you from behind with a 120 BP Pursuit before STAB, and you ain't just walkin' away from that, wimp! Even if you don't have an item, I'll Knock you Off, I'll Knock you Down, I'll Knock you into next week! And whether I'm a pivot with U-turn or Parting Shot, or a sweeper with Swords Dance, I'll roast you alive until you're more ash than that loser Ketchum, because your loser behinds aren't even good enough to be a meal! Oh, and good luck with that "perfect combo", because no fighter alive or dead has $#!{ on me! *hehe* See you in the ring."
Mega :swsh/incineroar: Incineroar
Type:
Fire/Dark
Mega Stone: Incinerite

Ability: Finish Him! - When an enemy falls below 1/8th health, Incineroar finishes them off, causing them to faint.

Stats:
HP - 95 (+0)
ATK - 140 (+25)
DEF - 120 (+30)
SPA - 95 (+15)
SPD - 120 (+30)
SPE - 60 (+0)

Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Challenger (This pokemon's attacks do 1.3 times damage if the target's attacking stat is higher(special attacks do more if Special Attack is higher, physical if Attack is higher))
Type:
Fire/Fighting
New stats:
Attack: 125(+10)
Defense: 100(+10)
Special Attack: 125(+45)
Special Defense: 100(+10)
Speed: 85(+25)
(630)

New moves: Aura Sphere ?
Description:
"Although it's rough mannered and egotistical, it finds beating down unworthy opponents boring. It gets motivated for stronger opponents."- Ultra Sun Pokedex
Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Show Off: when this Pokemon gets a critical hit, its attack is boosted by one

New Stats:
Attack: 140 (+25)
Defense: 90
Special Defense: 125 (+35)
Speed: 100 (+40)
(BST: 630)

New moves: Flying Press
Description: since this Pokemon is like a heel in wrestling in it base form, its mega gets more cockier. so it has a tendency of showing off when it does something amazing. the move i gave it was Flying Press, because in wrestling, you can jump off the top rope of the ring and slam your opponent
Mega Incineroar :Incineroar:
Type:

Ability: Combo Counter - This pokemon has its attack stat raised one stage every time it hits 2 super effective moves in a row, and once again for every subsequent SE move afterwards. The combo counter resets any time a non SE move is used, but the boosts remain until the pokemon is switched out.
Stats:
Attack: 130 (+15)
Defense: 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 105 (+25)
Special Defense: 105 (+15)
Speed: 85 (+25)
Description: Incineroar is in smash bros, so I wanted to play off of that motif in my mega. In both smash bros and competitive pokemon, predictions are a large part of the game. I decided to base a pokemon off of correctly predicting the opponent (I did this for my Typhlosion as well). Mega Incineroar has a diverse coverage movepool, and the ability makes it so that Incineroar wants to be a 4 attack pokemon to maximize the combo counter potential. Being able to attack and get a boost in the same turn is rivaled only by beast boost, but the added condition for getting the boost is a mitigation to a normally overpowered prospect. In other words, this is the big brain mega. Of course, the beefed stats means it functions pretty well as a swords dance user, although it's middling speed leaves it susceptible to a host of revenge killers. I pumped a lot of stats into useless special attack as well to leave this thing from becoming too monstrous. Enjoy!
Walking up to the Battle Royale, like it did so many years before, the now old but not frail champion of the ring has finally lent the belt to the next generation.

Once again, a collaboration between Blue and me! This time, it's a submission about Incineroar. Remember Mossy's old Nidoking submission? The one which had the famous ability called Dad? Well, Mossy just gave us his blessings, and we thought now would be a good opportunity to apply it to Incineroar. Instead of Dad, the ability would be called Coach, however, to allude to the idea of Incineroar retiring from its once glory days as a professional wrestler on the battle field and now training a new generation of rising stars!
Mega Incineroar

Type:
Fire | Dark

Ability: Co
ach
When the user switches out, the Pokémon switching in recovers 1/8 of its health and has its status cured.

Stats:
Atk: 115 → 80 (swap with SpA)
Def: 90 → 115 (+25)
SpA: 80 → 130 (swap with Atk, +15)
SpD: 90 → 115 (+25)
Spe: 60 → 95 (+35)

New Moves:
Rapid Spin, Coaching

Description:
In the same vein as Incineroar manifests itself as an excellent support Pokémon in VGC, its Mega form can now start shining in Singles; in fact, thanks to its great movepool, it can cause a lot of disruption to opposing Pokémon or provide support for your team.

Here are some examples
- you can spread Burn through Will-O-Wisp or Scorching Sands
- you can remove hazards through Rapid Spin
- you can remove items through Knock Off
- you can generate momentum and reduce the opponent's offense through Parting Shot

And the best thing about Incineroar is that, due to its dual Fire and Dark typing, it can sufficiently rely on its offensive STAB moves to hit many targets for, at least, neutral damage, and have room for support options! Intimidate is also neat to make progress against the opponent if you don't want to mega-evolve Incineroar yet; after all, offensive partners like Kartana have a much easier time to set-up in front of Pokémon who got their offensive stats reduced.

Stats Explanation
If you were wondering about Mega Incineroar's special bias, Paul and I thought that, if Mega Incineroar retires from its career, it no longer needs to prove its physical prowess. Now, from a competitive point of view, a special bias would allow Mega Incineroar to avoid items and abilities punishing the use of contact moves, thereby making it stay longer on the field. This becomes especially clear if it makes use of Overheat and Scorching Sands. While the former can OHKO Pokémon like Rillaboom or Corviknight, the latter can secure a 2HKO against Calm Heatran; Mega Incineroar doesn't need to invest into its SpA to achieve these things, therefore allowing you to spend EVs on speed and bulk!
As a sidenote, Overheat has excellent synergy with Parting Shot and the ability as, after a SpA drop, Mega Incineroar wants to switch out anyway to not lose momentum!
As for the increase in Mega Incineroar's speed and bulk, it allows for a lot of customization. For instance, you can try to outspeed Adamant Rillaboom and check offensive threats much better, for instance from Choice Specs Blacephalon, Choice Band Weavile or Kartana, among others.

The Ability's Impact on the Metagame
Thanks to its ability, Mega Incineroar can significantly strengthen defensive cores or offensive Pokémon using their typing and stats for defensive purposes. Pokémon taking advantage of its abilities are Tangrowth, Rilllaboom, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike or Tapu Fini, among others. The three former Pokémon can get rid off status issues, which is pretty huge since they tend to get inflicted by status a lot, for instance from Pokémon like Moltres, Nidoqueen or Zapdos. Tapu Fini, on the other hand, appreciates the extra recovery and can check Choice Spec Greninja or Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike much easier. If it runs a support set with Defog, it too appreciates status healing!

Finally, Mega Incineroar pairs well with Wish users like Clefable, Jirachi or Alolomola as it can check most Pokémon they fear respectivaly, like Kartana, Weavile, Blacephalon, Heatran, Scizor, and Rillaboom, among others. Relying on Wish is a great way to improve Mega Incineroar's longevity. After all, its lack of reliable recovery and weakness to hazards are what makes Mega Incineroar balanced, and they reward careful planning and plays.

In VGC, Mega Incineroar can be clutch if you want to play around Amoonguss's Spore. It also has Coaching to provide support for its partner. Like Arcanine, a speedy Mega Incineroar can be helpful to disrupt slower offensive Pokémon with Snarl, Taunt or Will-O-Wisp. It also benefits from pre-Mega Intimidate in the same way base Incineroar does.
Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Prankster

New stats:
Attack: 115 ->135 (+20)
Defense: 90 ->120 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 ->120 (+30)
Speed: 60 ->80 (+20)
(BST) 530 ->630

New moves
: Memento
Description: Incineroar has a lot of utility moves that it can use with prankster, like Will-O-Wisp or Parting Shot.
Sandbox: *rd135120080120080
Name: Mega-Incineroar

Typing: Fire/Dark

Ability: Showdown
Ability Description: While this Pokémon is present, all Pokémon are prevented from restoring any HP. During the effect, healing and draining moves are unusable, and Abilities and items that grant healing will not heal the user. Regenerator is also suppressed.
(This is an already-existing custom ability, credits to IsoCon 's Mega-Staraptor for introducing this ability!)
Stats:

ATK: 135 (+20)
DEF: 100 (+10)
SPA: 120 (+40)
SPD: 100 (+10)
SPE: 80 (+20)
BST: 630 (+100)

Description: Mega-Incineroar is a wallbreaker which specializes in wearing down and forcing defensive teams into awkward positions, as its ability, Showdown, prevents opposing Pokemon from recovering from previous attacks, mixed attacking stats, which help Incineroar hit enemies from both sides, and it also gives it non-recoil inducing fire STAB, good natural bulk, which prevent it from getting instantly forced out my offensive Pokemon, and pivoting options in U-Turn and Parting Shot.
Mega Incineroar
Ability: Provoke
Provokes its targets uppon switch, decreasing the power of moves that affects more than 1 target decrease by 50% (moves that affects all pokemon adjacent to the user, like earthquake, and moves that affects all foes, like rock slide).
New moves: Sludge Bomb

Stats:
Atk: 115
Spa: 115 (+35)
Spd: 115 (+25)
Spe: 75 (+15)

The malicious fighter now provokes enemies just by looking at them.
Incineroar is already the king of VGC with fake out intimidade. Now, with this ability, its reign is increased. Spread moves are huge threats on VGC, and incineroar is weak to the 3 main used ones: Surf, Rock Slide and Earthquake.
Mega Incineroar
Types: Fire/Dark
Mega Stone: Incinerite
Average Height: 2,1 meters
Average Weight: 166 kg (doubled) HP: 95
ATK: 130(+15)
DEF: 125(+35)
SP.ATK: 110(+30)
SP.DEF: 105(+15)
SPEED: 65(+5)
Ability: Cheap Heat - When this Pokémon uses an attack, both its attacking stat and the target's defending stats are increased by one stage, for the duration of the attack.
New Moves: Punishment, Storm Throw, Focus Energy, Night Slash.
Mega Evolution has enhanced this Pokémon's physical strength, as well as making both its flames and its personality even more intense than before. It will often try to show off its empowered new form by performing dangerous and impressive stunts, which often results in it getting overwhelmed by the challenges it imposes on itself.
This Pokémon will use any chances it has to attract other's attention, which may end up putting it in dangerous situations due to recklessness. Such recklessness is further encouraged by its ability to overcome physical challenges, which is sharply increased by Mega Evolution.
"If both Incineroar gets an attack boost and its target gets a defense boost, does it really change anything?" WELL, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED, FRIEND! Yes! Yes it does!. First of all, the more boosts you have in a stat, the less another boost will matter. So, for example, if your opponent has 5 boosts in defense, you will deal less damage than what you would if they had 6, and you had 1 boost in attack. Secondly, Critical Hits! Critical Hits ignore both negative stat changes to the attacker's attacking stat and positive changes to the target's defending stat. That means that if you deal a Critical Hit, you'll basically get a free boost to your attacking stat. This pairs up well with moves that have higher Crit. chances, such as Blaze Kick and Cross Chop, or new additions such as Night Slash, as well as Focus Energy and Storm Throw. And at last but not least, this ability interacts in interesting ways with unique moves. Darkest Lariat ignores the target's stat changes, which means that using it grants you a free attack boost, for that move, if both Pokémon have no stat changes, for example! Not only that, but, due to the opponent getting a boost, you also get a burn, if you use Burning Jealousy! This ability also does give moves like Power Trip or Punishment a bit more Base Power, which surely promises fun interactions.
Sure, in many cases Mega Incineroar will do no more than just try to spice up the battle and hype things up, but be aware that this hype might be dangerous as well... for the opponent of course!
Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Two-Minded
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 115(+25) --> 140
Defense: 90(+15) --> 105
Special Attack: 80(+30) --> 110
Special Defense: 90(+15) --> 105
Speed: 60(+15) --> 75

New moves: Stone Edge
Description:
So I learned quite a bit about professional wrestling from Wikipedia while doing research for Incineroar, and one thing I found fascinating was the concept of faces and heels. In a nutshell, faces are meant to act out the good guy whereas the heels act out the bad guy. Now while Incineroar may clearly seem like a heel, there's something interesting in its Shield Pokedex entry: "Incineroar's rough and aggressive behavior is its most notable trait, but the way it helps out small Pokémon shows that it has a kind side as well." And this is quite a stretch, but even its typing shows a duality, from the warmth of Fire to the coldness of Dark. Thus I had the idea of a Mega Incineroar with a split personality, hence Two-Minded.
Currently the signature ability of :reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus, Two-Minded allows Incineroar to get +2 in Attack from Overheat (the equivalent of a Swords Dance) and +1 to both Special Attack and Special Defense from Superpower (the equivalent of a Calm Mind). This lets it become a very efficient wallbreaker. And compared to Reuniclus, Incineroar has much better Speed with the bonus of opting for a drawbackless Close Combat instead of bouncing back to the Special side with Superpower, as well as Intimidate pre-mega so it doesn't mind the Defense drops from Superpower as much. So how on earth is this thing balanced? Well, I'm glad you asked. (What do you mean you didn't ask?)
First of all, Mega Reuniclus hits way harder than Incineroar with all of its relevant moves, which is fair when you take the Speed difference into account. Overheat is weaker than Psycho Boost, Superpower and Close Combat are non STAB on Incineroar, and it has the inverse of Reuniclus' offensive stats so that it's weaker overall. In addition to this, Incineroar wears itself down much more rapidly, as it has no reliable recovery, a Stealth Rocks weakness instead of a resistance, and if it goes for Flare Blitz, the one move that can outdamage Reuniclus, it loses even more HP from recoil. Finally, Mega Incineroar values all 6 of its stats, and while that can lead to more creative stat spreads, it also means that there has to be a compromise somewhere.

Here, the rest of the Incineroar subs.
Mega Incineroar
Ability: Grappler - when using a contact move, this Pokemon always moves last (-6 priority). If it is hit by a Physical move when under the effect of Grappler, it takes 2/3 (66%) damage and deals 1.5x damage.
Atk: 115--> 160 (+45)
Def: 90 --> 125 (+35)
Sp.Atk: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Sp.Def: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Spe: 60 --> 50 (-10)
New Moves: Circle Throw, Storm Throw
Flavor
Bear with me if you've never played a traditional 2D fighting game. One common archetype that always appears in them is the grappler archetype, often hulking units that deal insane amounts of damage with just a single Grab move and often have very big attacks that hit very hard, especially if they catch you trying to attack them back (with poor timing). The balancing factor is almost always that they move extremely slowly, but once they get in, you're often left guessing what they're going to do next between a big swing or a powerful grab. One other thing a lot of them have in more modern games, however, is "armor" - the ability to take a hit for no or reduced damage, while still executing their own attack. Incineroar feels like it fits into this archetype, even having a similar punishing playstyle in SSBU.
Circle Throw and Storm Throw are added as flavor moves to show the grappling fighting style, although they might have some competitive value as strong hits that either phase Pokemon, or that break through stat boosts (like opposing Intimidates, for example). I imagine this will just want to run Drain Punch, though.

Competitive
There are sort of two sides to the ability. With reduced damage, but increased power (and even the pre-Mega Intimidate debuff), Incineroar can sit in front of big physical threats that might otherwise want to force it out and throw off powerful stab moves like Flare Blitz or Knock Off, living hits from and dealing significant damage to even checks with SE moves such as Landorus-T, Gliscor, etc.
The other side is the negative priority - while it doesn't apply to the arguably better pivot move in Parting Shot, you can get negative priority U-Turn (or just a big negative priority STAB hit) with a speed slower than other pivots like Blissey and Clef on Teleport, or discouraging U-Turns and Flip Turns unless they want their incoming switch to take a massive hit. It deters simply pivoting through a move, and instead means you might have to take a risk by switching. It does, however, mean it becomes a bit more annoying to threaten walls you normally might want to threaten such as Corviknight.
While it is very powerful, it's held back by a lack of recovery and a Stealth Rock weakness that means not only will it get worn down quickly despite the reduced damage, it might also be wearing itself down by using a recoil move like Flare Blitz. You're also slow enough that you'll lose to phasing moves like DTail on Tankchomp or Whirlwind on Skarm. It might be really solid with Wish Support, but that's still a pretty big cost opportunity when building a team. It also can't quite abuse a set like SD+Flame Charge, and if it still wants to set up, the negative priority prevents it from sweeping well. Still, the idea of this sub is to force more switches while discouraging the use of otherwise fairly safe pivoting moves, or forcing trades with other physical mons, and I think it should be able to do a good job of that.
Mega Incineroar

New Move: Seismic Toss (Torracat Too)

(same type)

Attack: 170 (+60)

Defense: 115 (+25, one of the heaviest smash characters)

Spatk: 115 (+35) (dump stat, but incin deserves fire blast instead of counter)

Spdef: 65 (-25) (reference to the Bowser Stunlock or pretty much any projectile, really)

Speed: 65 (+5) (its not THAT slow)

Oh boy. Smash incin. The combo machine (both making them and falling into them) and one of my top 4 chars I use. (Others are shulk, corrin, and Kirb, in ascending order) Incin in smash is the opposite of it in vgc: a strong hitter that has terrible support when its in trouble: a true all or nothing. It is an innovative pick, a fun one, and its awesome to see it disrespect top tiers.

I wanted it to feel like that in this mega, so first I wanted something with grabs.

Sky drop is the obvious pick here, but no way am I letting that into VGC on base form.

I think seismic toss is a good pick, despite being reliable: smash incineroar’s opposite.

Victory star lets its nuclear hits become a bit easier to spam, and both ends of the spectrum can be run (all these megas have this!)
Mega Incineroar

:ss/incineroar:

/

Ability: Haymaker (Any move that deals at least 50% of the opposing Pokemon's total HP will inflict Taunt on them.)

Stats:
Atk: 175 (+60)
Def: 100 (+10)
SpAtk: 80
SpDef: 100 (+10)
Spe: 80 (+20)

New Moves: Super Fang

Explanation: I don't really have much time but!! Tl;dr a multi-faceted stallbreaker, probably would work really good with Spikes especially. Bulky, able to take some hits, but also has a gigantic punch of its own which can let it use its ability naturally, or with the advent of Super Fang if you want to go for something a little more juicy without going too crazy on investment. Nothing really too complicated but still has a lot of flavor (which Incineroar thankfully has a lot of to work with) and could be pretty fun!
Mega Incineroar
New Ability
: Masquerade
Type: Fire / Dark
New stats:
Attack: 115
Defense: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Special Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 60 -> 100 (+40)
(530 -> 630)
New moves: Entrainment
Description:
Incineroar, unlike the other two Alolan starters, was a pleasant surprise when it came to its role and importance competitively. While I did expect it to be more defensive, I wasn't predicting its versatility and usefulness, especially as a pivot and in doubles-oriented formats. Because of this, for its Mega Evolution, I decided to opt for something that could still play with as much utility with a fantastic - and very fitting flavor-wise - ability: Masquerade.

While Incineroar would be the second Mega Evolution to bear this ability on this pet mod - after BlueRay's Hawlucha introduced it - I believe there are plenty of aspects that set them apart. Incineroar's defense-oriented stats, combined with a type combination that more often interacts with abilities than either of Hawlucha's and a greater utility in its movepool allow it to stand on its own without being too similar or overshadowing it.

For starters, as a pivot, Incineroar really enjoys abilities that facilitate it switching in and out, such as Magic Guard to protect it from entry hazards or Regenerator (which funnily is the recommended ability his sample Almost Any Ability set) to recover once it does its thing. Intimidate, it's normal hidden ability, can also still benefit it. Immunity abilities are also more advantageous as they create switching opportunities and are more common for types Incineroar is weak to, including Levitate, Water Absorb, Dry Skin and so on. It also appreciates supportive abilities such as Prankster or Magic Bounce, and can be used in weather and terrain teams as a setter (especially with Drought to boost its own attacks). It also gains Entretainment for possible gimmicks, which fits its flavor in many ways, including the friendly disposition out of ring, the heel personality and so on.
Mega Incineroar
Ability: Arena Heat- When this pokemon Mega Evolves/switches in, then it swaps hazards on both sides of the field
Stats:
DEF: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SPA: 80
SPD: 90 -> 135 (+45)
SPE: 60
Incineroar is quite the cheat, doing illegal moves, using pepper spray, and whatnot. Well, Mega Incineroar gets even crazier! Hazard swapping can be both a blessing and a curse to this mon, because if the hazards are on its side, then boop, they are now on the other side. However, if the hazards are on the opposing side, then uh oh, they come right back to you. That means you have to be careful when you switch this Pokemon in. It also becomes pretty bulky, but it does take SR damage before its ability activates, which can hurt it a lot and let it get chipped down.

Mega Incineroar

Type:
Fire/Dark
Ability: Opportunist (This pokemon's Dark type moves gain priority if the target has any positive stat changes)

Stats:
SpA: 110 (+30)
SpD: 115 (+25)

New Moves: Punishment

Reasoning: Opportunist makes for interesting interactions in a wide range of scenarios, making this Incineroar a versatile Mega Evolution. For one, it functions as a way to punish greedy setup mons, in particular Ghost or Psychic types due to type effectiveness. Alternatively, it can use Swagger or Flatter (from a teammate in doubles) to boost the opponent's stats and give itself priority. Furthermore, it also obviously interacts with an opponent's boosting ability, like Moxie, Beast Boost, or Speed Boost. This allows for various strategies, though its Fire STAB and coverage remain unaffected, as a balancing factor. In addition, while it has a great matchup against boosting Psychic types on paper, the best performing Psychic types are Psychic Terrain abusers, which block the priority on Incineroar's attacks entirely. Flavour wise, it makes Mega Incineroar fit a specific opportunistic fighting style, using its opponent's confidence and greed to punish them quickly and effectively.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:ss/primarina: Primarina Submission Compilation :ss/primarina:
Vetos: Ema Skye, Lyd, Main Mon
If your sub was not in this post or the veto list then I missed it and please let me know!
:sm/primarina:
mega primarina

water/fairy
stats
hp- 80
atk- 74
def- 74(+25)>99
spa- 126(+10)>136
spd- 116(+15)>131
spe- 60(+50)>110

ability: duet- if a pokemon on the field uses a sound move, the mega primarina uses the same move at 1/2 damage

new moves: snarl

since more sound moves are attacks instead of status moves compared to dance moves, i felt like a power reduction was needed to make this balanced (2 full power boombursts + another move in doubles would be pretty insane), but besides straight offense this also is useful for parting shot(and we all know how common that move is), heal bell, snarl, noble roar, and most interestingly clangorous soul.
Primarina-Mega
Typing:
/
{no change}
New Ability: Swift Swim {abilities were Torrent / Liquid Voice (hidden ability)}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 074 → 095 (+21)
Def: 074 → 099 (+25)
SpA: 126 → 145 (+19)
SpD: 116 → 125 (+09)
Spe: 060 → 086 (+26)

Movepool Additions: [NONE]

Pokédex Description: Pokémon Sword: "The energy of Mega Evolution has split Primarina's tail into leg-like appendages it can use to walk on land. It finds this irritating and even painful to do for long periods of time."
Pokémon Shield: "The strength of both Primarina's voice and swimming have increased. On rainy days, Primarina is now swift enough in the water to outrace the sound of its own song."

Design Choices: I will be perfectly blunt from the beginning here: I don't like Primarina. I don't hate Primarina, but I don't like it either. Never have in part due to disliking its visual design but mostly due to how annoyingly good its typing is and how difficult it generally is to deal with, especially after Empoleon gets inconveniently Thanos Snapped by Dexit and when it randomly gets access to Calm Mind in Gen 8, which it never really needed. Thanks Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Thanks a lot, especially for then giving it the obnoxiousness of Flip Turn too.

That said, my antipathy aside, I figured I would still try to at least do a decent if uninspired job for its Mega even I'm sure other people could do (much) better given all of the good ideas that tend to be in this thread alone. So I decided the least I can do to make sure its Mega form is worth using over Tapu Fini, which is part of why it got the semi-trolly Speed tier it did, which influenced both my versions of Incineroar-Mega and Decidueye-Mega thereafter. I figure that a niche as the fastest and strongest special-oriented Swift Swim is enough for it to see theoretical use, especially if it also becomes the fastest Water/Fairy in general even outside of Rain--even if barely that.

(For the record, the tail splitting in visual design is just a supposed aspect of mermaids from some mythologies that's come into the public conconsciousness once again via One Piece and, I guess, Starbucks. Shrug.)

This "bare minimum" aspect is a concern I have about Primarina-Mega in general though. Not only am I unsure if I added enough stat-wise for my own, it's also rather clear that Primarina-Mega doesn't need much to potentially just become somewhat obnoxious to the point of maybe having to get banned to Ubers, especially now that it has Calm Mind and Flip Turn. Ugh. Again, I'm sure someone else can do better than this--I sincerely hope that. This is just personally the best I can do at present, especially for a mon I'm utterly unenthused about, while still being fair to it.
:primarina:
Mega Primarina
New Ability: Torrent / Liquid Voice -> Serene Grace
New Typing: Water/Fairy (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 74 (-)
DEF
: 74 -> 94 (+20)
SPA
: 126 -> 143 (+17)
SPD
: 116 -> 136 (+20)
SPE
: 60 -> 103 (+43)

New Moves
: none

Desc: The moves Primarina already runs in its normal Specs/AV/Leftovers sets all have very interesting and useful secondary effects. Its main STABs here are fascinating with Serene Grace in and of themselves: Scald and Moonblast both now have 60% chances to inflict their respective secondaries, which greatly hamper the damage output of physical and special attackers respectively. It of course also has Flip Turn access, and for its fourth moveslot it has a wide variety of cool coverage to pick from; Psychic and Shadow Ball now having 20% and 40% chances to lower Special Defense respectively aid it in wearing down walls. There's also Ice Beam/Blizzard, which with Serene Grace is a little bit ew, but it's mitigated somewhat by the fact that it'll virtually always be running Scald which is one of the few moves that always thaws a target hit by it so a frozen opponent could potentially maneuver into a position to free themselves.

Serene Grace also gives it a very interesting distinction from its fellow Alolan water/fairy special wall Tapu Fini. Fini is very specifically designed around not being able to abuse Scald for physical damage reduction in the same way most Water-types can, due to its Misty Terrain preventing its grounded targets from receiving burns, while this Primarina aims to burn as many things as possible with it.

It obviously has more options than this; looking at its moveset, Calm Mind + Scald + Draining Kiss + maybe Stored Power? sounds extremely fun as well, and probably the first thing I would try. Overall, a moderately fast specially defensive Pokemon that specializes in spreading burns sounds really fun to use and like it would have a lot to offer to just about any team.
:ss/primarina:
Mega Primarina
Name: Mist Drifter (If Misty Terrain is active, this Pokemon's Speed is doubled.)
Stats:
  • HP: 80 (+0)
  • Attack: 74 (+0)
  • Defense: 114 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 146 (+20)
  • Special Defense: 136 (+20)
  • Speed: 80 (+20)

This is probably the most basic of my submissions. Misty Terrain is by far the most defensive of the terrains, so I'd thought I'd try my hand at making a Mega that can abuse Misty Terrain in a more offensive manner. Nothing more to say here really.
:ss/Primarina:
Primarina-Mega @ Primarinite
Ability: Harmonic Flow - This Pokemon's attacking sound moves cause the user to be switched out after damaging a target.

Stats: (These are LITERALLY perfect and I will NOT change them)
Hp: 80
Atk: 89 (+5)
Def: 89 (+15)
Spa: 146 (+20)
Spd: 146 (+30)

New Moves: Moonlight, Snarl

Flavor:
With the power of mega evolution, Primarina's songs are able to control the flow of currents in the ocean. It makes sure the ocean and it's inhabitants are in harmony, as a sort of guardian. When aggravated, It flows in and out of battle, calling on the currents to boost it's movements and attacks.

Primarina finds a niche as an amazing pivot, thanks to it's unique ability, stats and typing, allowing it to switch in on threats like Greninja, Keldeo, Heatran, Volcarona (provided it isn't running giga drain) and Cinderace (provided it isn't running gunk shot). It can pivot on anything without a water immunity, with sparkling aria turning into a pivoting move, plus a new secondary option that reduces special damage in snarl (and no pokemon are immune to it either). With it's relatively slow speed it can often pivot out last, and it's great bulk and added recovery in moonlight allow it to stick around for a long time. One shouldn't underestimate the power of it's form of pivoting either. To quote kero: "There's a reason why U-Turn has 70 BP and very few stab users, there's a reason volt switch is 70 BP and cannot affect a commonly used type (ground), and there's a reason why Flip Turn has only 60 BP." Pokemon like Keldeo ran flip turn on choice sets for it's utility, so imagine Keldeo with a 90 bp special pivoting move. Of course Primarina is nowhere near as powerful since it can't run specs, and because it's encouraged to run bulk investment, as it already has great spa (Can we talk about this thing's stats though? It's just... mesmerizing to look at).

It's main non-mega competition is Tapu Fini, however it's combination of pivoting and recovery is enough to set it apart. Fini has misty terrain though, so it doesn't have to worry about status, which is something Prrimarina cannot do. (Something funny I realized: you would think that since Primarina doesn't have misty terrain, it would run scald more than Fini, but since Primarina's ability encourages running sparkling aria, and because of sparkling aria's secondary effect, it's unlikely to run scald, while Fini runs scald to punish switchins like Rillaboom, which change the terrain.) As such, cleric support is appreciated, but the most viable clerics either share roles or types with Primarina, and I don't think anyone is using defensive support Dragonite?? It can technically run a calm mind set too, dropping sparkling aria for hydro pump or scald, however Fini can do this without having to worry about status, and it doesn't take a mega slot either. Like I did before It really doesn't appreciate status, but as a pivot with no boots, it appreciates hazard control too. I would imagine that it normally struggles against grasses and electrics, as well as other waters like Toxapex, in addition to the aforementioned status and hazards, so ideal partners may be Pokémon like Kyurem, Zapdos, Derrothorn, Lando-t, Gliscor and Dragonite(Let's go support dragonite!!!).
Mega Primarina
Stats: 80 / 94 (+20) / 126 (+52) / 126 / 126 (+10) / 78 (+18)
Ability: Colorful Bubbles (Whenever this Pokemon uses a Fairy type move, it uses Bubble.)
Movepool Additions: None
Description: Remember that one Pokemon Sun and Moon anime episode where Lana is trying to get Brionne to make colorful bubbles? Somehow, I remembered it despite not watching it in like a year. Anyway, this ability is supposed to be based off of that. It's goal is to set up with Calm Mind and then destroy stuff. Moonblast (and Dazzling Gleam in Doubles) will hit exceptionally hard due to Colorful Bubbles.
primarina.jpeg

Stop to listen, or be silenced.

Mega Primarina
Primarinite

Ability - Staccato
When this Pokemon cures an enemy of a status condition, it replaces that status condition with paralysis.

HP: 80 (+0)
ATK: 74 (+0)
DEF: 96 (+22)
SPA: 144 (+18)
SPD: 133 (+17)
SPE: 103 (+43)

New Moves: Purify

Mega Primarina is the star of the show - capturing your mind in rapture, and leaving you speechless with its song. Working as a fast and disruptive support by providing Scald burns and speed control paralysis with its ability, a traditional bulky water with great special bulk and an excellent Water/Fairy defensive typing, offensive options with Calm Mind and Sparkling Aria, and even doubles support, it truly is a soloist that can do it all.

Mega Primarina can utilize both its signature move, Sparkling Aria, as well as the new move Purify with its ability. Sparkling Aria works best on offensive sets with ally Wisp users, allowing it to choose whether it wants to bonus protection from the burn or if it wants to outspeed the opponent. Purify is a lot more widely useful, as it can interact with anything, not just burns, including the paralysis from this ability. This means Purify is just Recover to Primarina, along with the option of converting any other status into Paralysis. Did you get your Scald burn but don't need the attack drop due to it being a special attacker? Do you need to get around sleep clause because the enemy screwed up your Spore plans? Did you want to use Toxic Spikes as Sticky Webs but better? This Primarina can perform a wide variety of functions for you and add a lot to any team, so show up or show out because this one's taking the stage.
:Primarina:
Primarina-Mega
Water/Fairy
Ability: Torrent/Liquid Voice-> Accelerando (If the user's attack misses, user receives +2 Speed).
Stats
Atk: 99 (+25)
Def:
99 (+25)
SpA: 136 (+10)
SpD:
136 (+20)
New Moves: None!

Description
: The power of Mega evolution pushes Primarina's operating capabilities to new heights, able to create the most beautiful moves imaginable; if a mon should dodge one of those moves, however, Primarina will pick up the fight's tempo in frustration, boosting its speed. This can make Mega Prima terrifying as a late game cleaner or sweeper, backed off its high powered Hydro Pumps (which becomes its default Water STAB to make use of the ability) and Calm Mind. However, this restriction does mean it can't usually shore up its physical bulk with burns, and without the speed boost Prima isn't too hard to revenge kill. That said, Primarina is a Mega you won't want to ignore- because that would piss it off.
Mega :swsh/primarina: Primarina
Type:
Water/Fairy
Mega Stone: Primarinite

Ability: Sirenade - This Pokemon's Sound-based moves apply the hazards on the user's side of the field.

Stats:
HP - 80 (+0)
ATK - 80 (+6)
DEF - 116 (+42)
SPA - 156 (+30)
SPD - 136 (+20)
SPE - 62 (+2)

New Moves: Screech, Snarl
:Primarina: Mega Primarina
New Ability
: Performer (this pokemon suppress the targets ability after using a sound move)
Type:
Water/Fairy
New stats:
Attack: 75(+1)
Defense: 90(+16)
Special Attack: 150(+24)
Special Defense: 150(+34)
Speed: 85 (+25)
(630)
New moves: None
Mega Primarina

New Ability
: Stunning Aria
After using a Sound move, the user applies the Disable effect to targets if, and only if, they have used a move before. The effect of this ability fails if the user is affected by Throat Chop.

Type: Water | Fairy

New stats:
Attack: 74 → 89 (+15)
Defense: 74 → 89 (+15)
Special Attack: 126 → 156 (+30)
Special Defense: 116 → 126 (+10)
Speed: 60 → 90 (+30)

Description:
1) Concept
According to the Pokédex, Primarina are known for entertaining and mesmerizing people and Pokémon with their voices. Furthermore, they use their voices as weapons to defend themselves and are very creative in that regard, like causing explosions or a chain reaction or leaving opponents speechless. Thus, the new ability Stunning Aria is meant to encapsulate Mega Primarina's wonderful voice and its skills at tactics.

2) Competitive
Whether in Singles or in VGC, Mega Primarina is encouraged to use Sound moves, rewarding good strategic plays.

In Singles, Mega Primarina can combine Sparkling Aria with Calm Mind and Substitute to apply great pressure to the opponent. If Mega Primarina is behind Substitute, it can disrupt the new Pokémon switching in that is supposed to deal with it. However, your opponent can predict the Sound move and work around it by using a move they don't really need for Mega Primarina, thereby creating interesting mindgames.
Moreover, Mega Primarina can also take advantage of Sparkling Aria through Flip Turn to open the door for a set-up sweeper of your choice that no longer needs to fear a specific move of the opposing Pokémon.

In VGC, Mega Primarina can choose between Sparkling Aria, Hyper Voice, Growl, and Perish Song for more strategic plays as they hit several targets; in the case of the latter, Mega Primarina can be affected as well if it used a move before. Growl deserves a particular mention for lowering the Atk of opposing Pokémon and applying the Disable effect since it improves defensive plays from your side. This strategy becomes more potent with Protect and speed control options like Tailwind or Icy Wind. As for Perish Song, it has great synergy with Protect and a Shadow Tag user to stall turns and make it more difficult for the opponent to hurt your Pokémon effectively.
:Primarina: Mega Primarina :Primarina:
Type:
->

Ability: Swift Swim
Stats:
Attack: 114 (+40)
Defense: 84 (+10)
Special Attack: 130 (+4)
Special Defense: 146 (+30)
Speed: 76 (+16)
New Moves: Shadow Claw
Description: For too long, m4a has been without rain! I tried to alleviate this by creating a pokemon analogous to Mega Swampert in ability and viability. Enter Mega Primarina. In Greek mythology, siren's used to sing songs to lure and kill sailors, so I thought it might be fun to create a villainous Primarina. Imagine an unshackled, more sinister Primarina with messier aqua locks and a more unhinged siren look instead of a mermaid (a bit spooky). Now, rain is very difficult to balance, so I took the liberty of giving this pokemon the most suboptimized stat distribution in history, by dumping 40 points into attack and still having it be significantly worse than special attack. In fact, this thing hits less hard with a stat of 130 than Mega Swampert's 150 attack and access to self-boosting with power up punch. Despite this, Mega Primarina can be insanely scary under the right set of circumstances. Rain boosted hydro pumps and STAB shadow balls are horrifying, and this thing has access to flip turn and some other strong stab options such as moonblast and energy ball. However, I purposefully left it frail on the defensive side of things, and the ghost typing makes it weak to sucker punch instead of resistant to sucker punch (I also checked and this thing is walled by Blissey, rain boosted pumps 3hko). Mega Primarina is an interesting take on a swift swim mega, and I hope I balanced it well enough because balancing these things is quite the Herculean task you enjoy!
:ss/Primarina:

Mega Primarina
New Ability
: Water Veil

New stats:
Attack: 74 ->126 (flipped, +52) ->143 (+17, +69 in total with the flip)
Defense: 74 ->118 (+44)
Special Attack: 126 ->74 (flipped, -52)
Special Defense: 116 ->138 (+22)
Speed: 60 ->77 (+17)
(BST) 530 ->630

New moves
: Ally Switch, Wish
Description: Its ability can be used in different ways. It can switch into Will-O-Wisp and heal it when mega evolving. Also, it can switch into scalds and give scalds of its own.
Sandbox: *wf143118074138077
:primarina: Mega Primarina
New Ability
: Torrent/Liquid Voice ---> Crescendo
("When Mega Primarina successfully lands a damaging move, the users side of the field will receive a 20% damage increase for everytime that same move is used. The effect resets once any other move is selected, and caps at a 100% damage increase")

New Stats:
Attack: 74 -> 114 (+40)
Defense: 74 -> 104 (+30)
SpAtk: 126 -> 136 (+10)
SpDef: 116 -> 126 (+10)
Speed: 60 -> 70 (+10)

New Moves: Snarl, Ice Ball, Terrain Pulse

Flavor: Mega Primarina's performances invigorate it's audience and encourages them to sing or dance along with it. With the audience in the mix, its power begins to rise exponentially, allowing it to show off its full-potential in the big finale! Partner pokemon that perform alongside primarina can feel the energy resonating inside of them, and slowly fall into a trance themselves.

Competitive: Mega Primarina is a slow snowballer that can create a lot of pressure on the opposing pokemon and constantly tries to force out a switch from them. This ability makes Primarina punish those switches and possibly reward its own, as its ability allows the replacement to gain the upper hand just because Primarina clicked a move it happened to know! Primarina is encouraged to run mixed or supportive sets for its team due to its increased bulk and much higher physical attack. Mega Primarina would much rather setup on its own however, chipping its foes down with Draining Kiss and racking up tons of damage over a short period of time, and even after Calm Mind it might never touch another move again. Mega Primarina's only fear is Torment, which has been reintroduced in the form of Mega Porygon-Z.

Its added moves can all be helpful in creating more unique ways to abuse this ability and the abilities it has prior to using Mega Evolution.

Primarina has a huge variety of different strategies, and there are loads of them. Some aren't even on the list below! But please take a look at the following moves Primarina can run, and the partners who'd run them:
Acrobatics - :hawlucha::rillaboom: This combination can pull off a lot of damage especially with hawlucha, trying to take advantage of an item like grassy seed to spam acro. Primarina might set up hawlucha beforehand, so that Hawlucha can effectively relive the glory days of Huge Power Masquerade.
Aqua Jet - :crawdaunt::azumarill: A daunting strategy involving priority spam. Unfortunately Tapu Lele ends it in its tracks.
Encore - :primarina: This allows primarina to bring in its allies a little more easily for them to snowball, it also forces switches which means you might even get a good headstart.
Facade - :obstagoon::conkeldurr::flareon::luxray: Having a really strong facade alongside guts could be helpful. Obstagoon benefits greatly from having dark stab to hit ghosts.
Return/Frustration - :diggersby: Huge Power with a choice band really knocks anything this thing hits straight out of the ball park.
Flip Turn - :barraskewda::primarina::keldeo::dhelmise::swampert::dragalge::milotic: All of these could be decent partners for a Flip Turn team. You have 2 potential wallbreakers, a hazard setter, a spinner, and a competitive/defiant abuser.
Hidden Power - :primarina::zoroark: Hidden power could be unique to pull off a guessing game between each pokemon, as to what hidden power they might bring. They might even bring STAB hidden power just to get extra damage off from metronome or a choice item. Zoroark could really confuse a player if the pokemon its hiding as brings another type of HP.
Echoed Voice/Ice Ball - :swellow::sandslash-alola: These pokemon can pull off dangerous combinations being able to carry their damage multipliers so smoothly, though Sandslash can still be locked into its attack.
Triple Axel - :weavile::pheromosa::sawsbuck-winter: "Wait but Pheramosa and Sawsbuck-Mega can't be on the same team as mega primarina! Well technically yes, unless you're playing megas for two or megas for all ubers? Anyway the obvious one is weavile. What can i say other than its an incredible nuke with doubled triple axel BP.
Psychic/Moonblast - :tapu lele::unknown: Provides support for other special wallbreakers and itself.
Play Rough/Liquidation - :mawile-mega::azumarill::zacian-crowned: Azumarill is already really strong, Play Rough or Liquidation becomes unwallable if it ever manages to reach 100%. Feraligatr's really looking forward to Sheer Force LO 2x Liquidation.
Shadow Ball - :gengar::spectrier::dragapult::blacephalon::chandelure::aegislash: They can carry on momentum with Specs, Scarf or even on Sub/Toxic or Sub/Disable sets. (not used within the same order)
Stored Power - :clefable::espeon::victini: Can all become very powerful if their moves gain a damage increase.
Terrain Pulse - :indeedee: a weaker alternative to expanding force, but can still pack a punch.
Draining Kiss - :hatterene::magearna::gardevoir::tapu lele: Magearna's ability would allow draining kiss to obliterate anything in sight. Good thing its banned. The other 3 can pull off the same thing with a specs set or other variant, also allowing some critical recovery in the process.
Weather Ball - :primarina::pelipper::charizard::torkoal::ninetales::venusaur::vanilluxe::ninetales-alola::gigalith: This move is niche for weather teams, and could be interesting on a team with multiple weather conditions all at once. The move becomes very strong under Rain or Sun, and can change type through Hail and Sandstorm to create an interesting damage chain.
:primarina: Name: Mega-Primarina

Typing: Water/Fairy

Ability: Rallentando
Ability Description: This Pokemon's Special Attack stat increases by 1 stage and its Speed decreases by 1 stage every turn.
Stats:

ATK: 101 (+27)
DEF: 84 (+10)
SPA: 136 (+10)
SPD: 126 (+10)
SPE: 103 (+43)
BST: 630 (+100)

Description: Mega-Primarina is both a revenge killer and a snowballer, as its solid speed tier and amazing defensive typing allow it to easily force offensive Pokemon out and immediately threaten a sweep, as its ability and access to Calm Mind and Substitute can boost its survivability and power immensely.
On VGC, this Pokemon is an excellent pick in Trick Room teams thanks to its amazing ability having its main drawback removed.
Primarina @ Primarinite
Ability: Comatose
Stats: 80/104/104/146/136/60, 630

Design: Primarina is based of a mermaid and a sea lion. Manatees have historically been confused with mermaids. What do manatees and sea lions have in common? They are the only non-whale mammals that exhibit USWS, the phenomenon in which the animal only sleeps with half their brain, keeping the other awake and alert.

Competitive Description: This Pokémon will probably run a defensive set. It works in pretty much the same way as Tapu Fini, however it exchanges its ability to have passive recovery and support its teammates, for access to Flip Turn and permanent immunity to status.
Mega Primarina
Ability: Siren Song
Using sound-based moves removes status conditions off all members of the party, except for ones with Soundproof.
New moves: nope

Stats:
Atk: 84 (+10)
Def: 114 (+40)
Spa: 136 (+10)
Spd: 156 (+40)

Primarina's songs are so angelical that can heal it's partners from status conditions!
This basically gives Primarina free Heal Bells with her signature move, Sparkling Aria. With great bulk and typing, this makes Mega-Primarina the ultimate cleric. It can even be used as a perish trapper.
Mega Primarina
New Ability
: Dancer
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 74(+6) --> 80
Defense: 74(+6) --> 80
Special Attack: 126(+9) --> 135
Special Defense: 116(+24) --> 140
Speed: 60(+55) --> 115

New moves: None
Description:
Here's :brionne: Brionne's Ultra Sun Pokedex entry: "It gets excited when it sees a dance it doesn't know. This hard worker practices diligently until it can learn that dance." There could not be a better candidate for Dancer. And Moonlight is a very flavorful reliable recovery option, just look at Primarina's Ultra Moon Pokedex entry: "Also known as a songstress, it has a fantastical look on moonlit nights when it leads its colony in song."
Interestingly enough, we already have another Mega Evolution with Dancer, that being :kricketune: Mega Kricketune. However, Kricketune is a physical attacker that doesn't unlock the full potential of its ability. Primarina, meanwhile, can do a lot of things. First of all, it is a Fairy type, which means it can scare out most Dragon Dance users while gaining a +1 to Speed. If you manage to use Calm Mind as the opponent switches, you basically get the equivalent of a Quiver Dance. Speaking of Quiver Dance, Primarina's Fairy typing allows it to resist Bug STAB, making it an effective check to users of the move.
Now I would like to talk about two Pokemon that have their own signature dance moves: :volcarona: Volcarona and :kommo-o: Kommo-O. Mega Primarina is an excellent counter for both of these. First of all, Primarina has the Speed advantage over Volcarona, so it just outspeeds Timid even with a Modest nature. Volcarona can't set up Quiver Dance when Primarina is active, has two STABs which it resists, and a non STAB non boosted Giga Drain doesn't make a dent on its 140 Special Defense. Meanwhile, Primarina can hit back with supereffective Water STAB and can potentially copy a Fiery Dance on the switch to gain +1 in Special Attack. Kommo-O can't do much to it either. Primarina copies Clangorous Soul to gain an omniboost and is immune to Clangorous Soulblaze. Kommo-O's STABs are futile against it. And a single 4x supereffective STAB Moonblast from Primarina can OHKO it. This means that Mega Primarina is a great partner for teammates which fear Volcarona or Kommo-O, and can enable them to be much more efficient.
However, Primarina itself has a few problems. First of all, it doesn't have access to reliable recovery, so it can gradually get worn down from hazard chip damage while trying to switch into dance move users. It also has to watch out for Poison Jab from Kommo-O and Giga Drain from Volcarona while switching in. Without a way to recover health, it can be broken through eventually.
Interestingly enough, that's just the case for Singles. In VGC, Primarina's sworn foes become its best friends. Kommo-O can allow it to get an omniboost. Volcarona can either let it set up with QD or attack with Fiery Dance. These two also complement Primarina well naturally, creating a powerful combination.
Mega Primarina

New Moves: Rapid Spin (brionne too), Knock off (prim), howl (all)

Attack: 120 (+46)

Defense: 102 (+28)

Spatk: 132 (+6)

Spdef: 116

Speed: 82 (+22)

Absolutely one of my favorite pokemon because of the anime. I was considering prankster to fit lana, but I decided on vstar incin, and then deci, so I decided to bandwagon prima into the trio. Honestly alola starters are all awesome

Why the physical stuff? I think this mega has more of a caring, tough, and robust outlook, so it decides to take a lot into its own hands. Just still imagine it spinning and playing in the water, though!

Omg this pokemon is adorable

Anyways, it now has spin capabilities, knock off, and a more accurate hydro pump, blizzard, iron tail, triple axel, aqua tail and even sing. It’s a guess what side its running, and once you find out, something probably went down with the discovery.
Mega Primarina
Water/Psychic
Ability: Hymn
Whenever the user successfully uses a sound-based move, it sets Lucky Chant on its side of the field.

ATK: 104 (+30)
DEF: 94 (+20)
SPA: 151 (+25)
SPD: 126 (+10)
SPE: 75 (+15)

New moves: Cosmic Power

Primarina is an mermaid/siren. Since I feel as though the siren's songs aspect has been a bit done to death, I landed on a more classic to opera theming: religious songs. These tend to be prayers for well-being, something that Lucky Chant really fits well.
So... since it can't get Specs, why not lean into bulky booster a bit more? By being able to set crit immunity, it can ensure that its stat boosts are there to filter damage. It's not Battle Armor or Shell Armor because 1, those aren't as flavorful as Hymn; and 2, Hymn enables Primarina to allow other bulky booster allies in both Singles and Doubles to thrive (like Volcarona, non-band Weavile and Rillaboom, and Torn-T). However, it does have notable Achilles Heels (or Achilles Flippers) in its vulnerability to status, low physical defense, lack of STAB on Draining Kiss, and phazing as well as regular Hazing. There are a couple of interesting executions to it; for instance, one could set a Sing to try prevent an opponent from being too problematic, after which a Flip Turn lets you send in your other set-up sweeper. Or, you could go full self set-up with Calm Mind/Draining Kiss/Sparkling Aria/Psychic to be able to boost your way through enemies that could trouble you otherwise. Also you could do pseudo-Intimidate in Doubles with Growl (this is a joke, please do not do pseudo-Intimiadate in Doubles with Growl. I am not liable for your actions).
:primarina: Mega Primarina - Collab with Exploziff (thank you for this!)
New Ability
: Shrill (This Pokémon's sound based moves are so loud, they clear the field when used (Defog effects))
Type: Water / Fairy
New stats:
Attack: 74 -> 93 (+19)
Defense: 74 -> 99 (+25)
Special Attack: 126 -> 136 (+10)
Special Defense: 116 -> 141 (+25)
Speed: 60 -> 81 (+21)
(530 -> 630)
New moves: Heal Bell, Snarl
Description:
I've always had the impression, since its reveal, that Primarina was meant to be a support inclined Pokémon. Not only it has a great defensive typing that aligns well with that role, it's described and portrayed as much more passive than the other two starters, and its signature move has a status healing effect. Flash forward to Sun/Moon's release, turns out it's actually more efficient as an offensive 'mon than either of its peers, or at least more inclined towards it. This Mega Evolution is my attempt to "rectify" that, while keeping true to what Primarina is.

Mega Primarina gains a new ability that pushes it into this more supportive direction, but also makes it more advantageous for it to run its signature move Sparkling Aria (whereas it seems the wallbreaker sets used by its normal form prefer Hydro Pump for the sheer power). Shrill makes it so that Primarina's sound based moves - of which it learns many and has a signature ability themed around - clear the field of entry hazards, terrains and defensive effects such as Light Screen and Reflect. In other words, it turns Primarina into a defogger, without needing to dedicate a moveslot to that. And more than that, it can be used also for offensive purposes - bypassing substitutes and destroying screens is very useful for a wallbreaker! In addition to its signature move, it has one other viable sound based move in Hyper Voice. Something to note, however, is that its Special Attack is almost unchanged, and while not low by any means, the fact it can't hold boosting items means it's not going to be hitting as hard as its base form most of the time. That's not to say it lacks in offensive presence, though. Like its base form, it can run Calm Mind to set up, and has other strong (albeit not sound-based) attack options, including its secondary STAB Moonblast as well as Psychic.

It also gains a new move to help better define it as a support 'Mon - specifically a cleric - in Heal Bell. It's not farfetch'd, pardon the pun, considering many Water and Fairy Pokémon have access to it and as mentioned before, Primarina's signature move too heals status conditions. In addition, it also is sound-based, synergizing extremely well with its signature ability and giving it an unique form of utility in being able to cure its team and remove factors that could weaken it in a single moveslot. Another option often appreciated by the more passive Pokémon, and generally by most Pokémon, exists in the form of switching moves - in Primarina's case, that's Flip Turn, and thanks to the large boost in its attack, it is guaranteed to put a greater dent on whatever it hits when used. Snarl also gives it a better utility in Doubles formats.
Mega Primarina
Ability: Competitive
Stats:
ATK: 74 -> 104 (+30)
DEF: 74 -> 90 (+16)
SPA: 126 -> 140 (+14)
SPD: 116 -> 135 (+19)
SPE: 60 -> 81 (+21)
"I can sing louder then you!"
"No, I can!"
"No, I can! Listen. LAA-LAAA-AAAA"
"Ha! You call that singing? Listen to this! LAAAA-AAAAAA-AAAAA"
bickering continues
So, yeah, I would assume that some Primarinas can get a little bit, uh, well, competitive. So it makes a lot of sense that Mega Primarina is even more of a prima donna. Competitive acts as a good defog deterrent (especially being one of the only fairy types that can break Corviknight), Intimidate (beats Lando-T), and Sticky Webs. It also gets a bulk increase, which can help it take a lot of hits better.

Voting closes in just over 48 hours, on midnight GMT of the 12th, when I will tally and the results will go up!

When voting, remember that if I have liked your voting post, that means I've tallied it, and you have to let me know if you edit it! If I haven't liked it yet, then you don't need to let me know.

After that we will be having a ~4 day discussion break, followed up by Slate 36: :jynx: Jynx, :electivire: Electivire, and :magmortar: Magmortar.

Have a good one everyone!​

Last edited:
Simpyshrimp
Hematemasis and Paulluxx
LordThemberchaud
NANI?!
jazzmat
bekama
KeroseneZanchu
:incineroar:
okispokis
lydian
Nani?!
shinxthe17!
Revenge of Depressed Gay
LordThemberchaud
Bekama
depressed lion
NANI?!
Double Iron Bash
EeveeGirl1380
abismal
LordThemberchaud
Benacua and Exploziff
Rosario
okispokis
BlueRay

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Here's my votes:

Decidueye
1. NANI?!
2. inkbug
3. PalpitoadChamp
4. Paulluxx and Hematemesis
5. pupugugu
6. EeveeGirl1380
7. ausma
8. SimpyShrimp

Incineroar
1. Violettes
2. Vipotis
3. SimpyShrimp
4. Hematemesis
5. NANI?!
6. Hematite
7. inkbug
8. pupugugu

Primarina
1. Abismal
2. Bencaua and Exploziff
3. Double Iron Bash
4. BlueRay
5. Rosiario
6. KeroseneZanchu
7. EeveeGirl1380
8. I-Deepblue-I

1. jazzmat
2. simpyshrimp
3. Exploziff
4. ausma
5. ARandomPerson

1. jazzmat
2. The Damned
3. Simpyshrimp
4. Hematite
5. Paulluxx & BlueRay
6. Vispotis
7. Okispokis
8. bekama
9. StarFalcon555
10. Exploziff

1. jazzmat
2. Rosario
3. BlueRay
4. inkbug
5. depressed lion
6. bekama
7. DarkFairy
8. Bencaua & Exploziff

ugh jynx WHYYYY

others are super cool tho

anyways, my votes for the starters of my favorite games:

deci:
3: vipotis
2: lord thunderchaud
1: me (im really proud of it)

incin:
9: the damned (that mega design tho)
8: kerozenezanchu
7: rcook
6: violettes
5: becauna
4: eeveegirl
3: shinx
2: me
1: deepblue

prim:
6: depressed lion
5: dib ( cries ban squaddddd cries)
4: me
3: rosario
2: eeveegirl
1: lordthunderclaud

1.Hematemasis and Paulluxx
2.Simpyshrimp
3.Ausma
4.KeroseneZanchu
5.Blueray

1.Vipotis
2.The damned
3.Okispokis
4.Shinx
5.Paullux
6.Violettes

1.Abismal (Im almost incline to only vote this since i love it so much this but i wanna also be a fair person)
2.Okispokis
3.Lordthunderclaud

Overall a great slate everyone. Have fun voting

Last edited:
1) BlueRay
2) Bolivia and Paul
3) TheDamned
4) inkbug
5) jazzmat
6) okispokis

Literally all voters should take a second look at Trace Decidueye, its so good

1) Bencaua
2) shinxthe17 (me)
3) Vipotis
4) okispokis
5) Hema
6) FierceHawk192
7) lydian
8) Paul and Blue

1) Rosiario
2) Bolivia
3) abismal
4) inkbug
5) FierceHawk192

Gods this took a while even after going with a Top 13--sorry, inkbug--instead of Top 10. Only reason I even finished relatively "quickly" is due to being super wary of the entries focused around trapping for Decidueye-Mega, and even then some of those were still rather good ideas. Incineroar-Mega is easily what took the longest given had to get whittle those down from 22 I rather liked.

Preemptive congrats to whoever wins and have a good, safe weekend everyone.

:decidueye: Decidueye-Mega
01. Hematemesis and Paulluxx
02. The Damned [self-vote]
03. NANI?!
04. inkbug
05. SimpyShrimp
06. BlueRay
07. EeveeGirl1380
08. ARandomPerson
09. lydian
10. okispokis
11. depressed lion
12. ausma
13. bekama

:incineroar: Incineroar-Mega
01. lydian
02. Violettes
03. The Damned [self-vote]
04. okispokis
05. pupugugu
06. Hematite
07. NANI?!
08. ausma
09. Exploziff
10. inkbug
11. bekama
12. ARandomPerson
13. StarFalcon555

:primarina: Primarina-Mega
01. Rosario
02. KeroseneZanchu
03. EeveeGirl1380
04. Hematemesis
05. BlueRay
06. depressed lion
07. jazzmat
08. I-Deepblue-I
09. Double Iron Bash
10. abismal
11. NANI?!
12. DarkFairy
13. Bencaua & Exploziff

I am so excited for this slate and so many of the subs ;-; I can't wait to see who wins!!
1) Exploziff
2) inkbug
3) BlueRay
4) PalpitoadChamp
5) ARandomPerson
6) EeveeGirl1380
7) Hematemesis and Paulluxx
8) jazzmat
9) pupugugu
10) NANI?!
11) ausma
12) depressed lion
13) LordThemberchaud
14) bekama
15) Bencaua
15) Vipotis

:incineroar: Mega Incineroar
1) StarFalcon555
2) The Damned
3) FierceHawk192
4) inkbug
5) pupugugu
6) Hematite
7) depressed lion
8) NANI?!
9) jazzmat
10) ausma
11) Paulluxx and BlueRay
12) I-Deepblue-I
13) okispokis
14) Bencaua
15) EeveeGirl1380
16) Hematemesis
17) Violettes

:primarina: Mega Primarina
1) inkbug
2) BlueRay
3) Rosiario
4) Bencaua and Exploziff
5) okispokis
6) ARandomPerson
7) I-Deepblue-I
8) EeveeGirl1380
9) NANI?!
10) KeroseneZanchu
11) bekama
12) Double Iron Bash
13) abismal

Vootin Time

Decidueye:
1. Hematemesis + Paulluxx
2. Bencaua
3. ARandomPerson
4. BlueRay
5. EeeveeGIrl1380

Incineroar:
1. asuma
2. Hematite
3. Paulluxx + Blueray
4. ARandomPerson
5. Jazzmat
6. Violettes

Primarina:
1. ARandomPerson
2. EeveeGirl1380
3. Bencaua + Exploziff
4. NANI!?
5. inkbug
6. Okispokis
7. StarFalcon555
8. depressed lion

Hello again! At first I want to s thanks the feedback :) This pet mod is so well-run, and the players have lots of great ideas.

Here what I think are the top 3 of each sub:

Decidueye:

1 - StarFalcon555: Perish Body is awesome with a trapper, ghost type and fit the "deciduous" theme really well. Loved it!
2 - Hematemesis and Paulluxx: another awesome sub, love dark immunity in ghost-types! And the robin hood theme is 100/10.
3 - Bencaua: what a great way to deal with slow mons that rellies in it's ability! Awesome.

Primarina:

1 - StarFalcon555 (again lol): Poor Misty Terrain have nothing. All other terrains with moves and abilities for them to be absued, while misty terrain: :facepalm:
2 - Rosiario: Great way of making use of a forgotten move! Loved it!
3 - Bencaua & Exploziff: Great way to remove hazards beeing not a blob/wall, and with a stab move.

Incineroar:

1 - Shinxthe17!: Loved the flavor of it, and the effect sounds balanced and fun to use, sinergizing with Intimidate pre-mega.
2 - Revenge of the depressed gay: Voting it because i liked your nickname :) And also the ability. Love Fire/Fighting also, we need more ;P
3 - Hematite: Boots? Who needs it? Maybe a fat moth, incineroar is a cool cat.

That's it, thanks D:

1. inkbug
2. BlueRay (me)
3. ARandomPerson
4. ausma
5. jazzmat
6. Hematemesis & Paulluxx
7. pupugugu

1. Hematite
2. Paulluxx & BlueRay (us)
3. Vipotis
4. jazzmat
5. FierceHawk192
6. Violettes
7. inkbug

:Primarina:
1. BlueRay (me)
2. bekama
3. jazzmat
4. depressed lion
5. ARandomPerson
6. abismal
7. Bencaua & Exploziff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)