SS OU My first ever OU Team

:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :blissey: :buzzwole: :tapu_lele: :heatran:

This is my bulky offense team. I am really bad at teambuilding so would really appreciate some help!

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 Atk / 92 Def / 88 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lead. Enough speed EVs to outspeed Wallbreaker Ice Beam Nidoking while keeping some bulk. Defog for the rocks and spikes from ferrothorn.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 168 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Physical wall while doing some damage here and there

:ss/blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Special wall while keeping the team and aromatherapy. Soft-Boiled for immediate recovery if needed (needed many times I have used this team)

:ss/buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 152 HP / 168 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Offense Tank. Kills ferrothorn and landorus therian. Leech Life for Slowbro.

:ss/tapu_lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Choice Scarf of the team, psyshock for blissey and focus blast for ferrothorn if i can predict the switch.

:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Clefable check with Taunt and flash cannon, magma storm for ferrothorn, earth power for other heatran. Thinking of replacing leftovers with air balloon.

The problem with this team is that it cant deal with toxapex properly. I am still learning so please, feel free to absolutely berate me in the replies cause I need them.

I like your team. To me your team is a bulky Offense team but can also stall some teams. I made minor teaks to Lando, Tran, and corv that i think will help your team out. I kept everyone else the same.

EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I felt like lando needed more bulk since koko can be a problem for your team if lando is low. koko can easily volt switch on blissy and gain momentum. I reduced his speed iv by 1 so you can u turn out last and keep momentum. I also felt like lando was too roll compressed with having rocks and defog, so I switch defog with knock off.

Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn

I had to either give corv defog or give rocks to either blissy or Tran to lighten the load on lando. I thought that corv didnt need brave bird since it has great teammates like Tran to deal with volc, and buzz to deal with rilla and kart. I forgot to swich the att ev to def ev. without brave bird corv doesn’t need the att Eva’s

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy/t-wave/toxic

You could give blizzy t wave or Toxic to further status mons if you are confident that you could switch blissy in to take the opp mons status attack. Otherwise aroma can help you other mons not get crippled by status.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tran can take out pex by its self by using magma taunt then earth power. flash cannon not really need for clef since you can magma taunt earth power it to death. Toxic helps you win against sp def slowking, otherwise that mon is annoying for your team to deal with. If you find your Tran struggling try changing it to a Sp def Tran.

Hope this helps

https://pokepast.es/feaf5b434b000446

I like your team. To me your team is a bulky Offense team but can also stall some teams. I made minor teaks to Lando, Tran, and corv that i think will help your team out. I kept everyone else the same.

EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I felt like lando needed more bulk since koko can be a problem for your team if lando is low. koko can easily volt switch on blissy and gain momentum. I reduced his speed iv by 1 so you can u turn out last and keep momentum. I also felt like lando was too roll compressed with having rocks and defog, so I switch defog with knock off.

Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn

I had to either give corv defog or give rocks to either blissy or Tran to lighten the load on lando. I thought that corv didnt need brave bird since it has great teammates like Tran to deal with volc, and buzz to deal with rilla and kart. I forgot to swich the att ev to def ev. without brave bird corv doesn’t need the att Eva’s

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy/t-wave/toxic

You could give blizzy t wave or Toxic to further status mons if you are confident that you could switch blissy in to take the opp mons status attack. Otherwise aroma can help you other mons not get crippled by status.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tran can take out pex by its self by using magma taunt then earth power. flash cannon not really need for clef since you can magma taunt earth power it to death. Toxic helps you win against sp def slowking, otherwise that mon is annoying for your team to deal with. If you find your Tran struggling try changing it to a Sp def Tran.

Hope this helps

https://pokepast.es/feaf5b434b000446
Thanks a lot, I will change the lando set to knock off since i dont have knock off on any other mon

The team looks noice, not much to criticize, but mbe u cud run Thunder bolt over psychic or Focus blast, just because they look like they could be a threat.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
The team looks noice, not much to criticize, but mbe u cud run Thunder bolt over psychic or Focus blast, just because they look like they could be a threat.
I don't think Tapu Lele really needs Thunderbolt since the team has good ways to answer opposing Corviknight. Heatran, Landorus-T, and Corviknight all have the ability to deal with it + Tapu Lele already threatens it with Special Defense drops via Focus Blast.

Giyu

Tomioka
I don't think Tapu Lele really needs Thunderbolt since the team has good ways to answer opposing Corviknight. Heatran, Landorus-T, and Corviknight all have the ability to deal with it + Tapu Lele already threatens it with Special Defense drops via Focus Blast.
I really don't know what else you would use Thunderbolt for except Corviknight, especially since you never mentioned what the initial threat was.

Don't most Corviknight run mirror armor now tho? I get that Tran is a option but I still feel like thunderbolt would be useful on this team

Giyu

Tomioka
Don't most Corviknight run mirror armor now tho? I get that Tran is a option but I still feel like thunderbolt would be useful on this team
Pressure is a lot better as it stalls out the PP on entry hazards, Mirror Armor just has no significant use except maybe Intimidate from Landorus-T. Why do you feel that Thunderbolt would be more useful?

Pressure is a lot better as it stalls out the PP on entry hazards, Mirror Armor just has no significant use except maybe Intimidate from Landorus-T. Why do you feel that Thunderbolt would be more useful?
Mirror does have some use on spdef corv since it's acting as a ghost resist for the teams it's placed on. Not really applicable here, just thought I'd mention it.

Mirror does have some use on spdef corv since it's acting as a ghost resist for the teams it's placed on. Not really applicable here, just thought I'd mention it.
Ohhhh, that makes a lot more sense, honestly just thought mirror armor was the better of the 2 abilities considering that pp is almost never thought about in battles

Dead by Daylight

new genius (brother)
is a Pre-Contributor
Ohhhh, that makes a lot more sense, honestly just thought mirror armor was the better of the 2 abilities considering that pp is almost never thought about in battles
Contrary to most casual players' eyes, PP can actually play a massive part. In the hazards war, you want to win it with Defog over the hazards. Corvi's Pressure really helps with this, as it brings SR's effective PP to half from 32 to 16.

:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :blissey: :buzzwole: :tapu_lele: :heatran:

This is my bulky offense team. I am really bad at teambuilding so would really appreciate some help!

:ss/landorus-therian:
EVs: 212 Atk / 92 Def / 88 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lead. Enough speed EVs to outspeed Wallbreaker Ice Beam Nidoking while keeping some bulk. Defog for the rocks and spikes from ferrothorn.

:ss/corviknight:
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Physical wall while doing some damage here and there

:ss/blissey:
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Special wall while keeping the team and aromatherapy. Soft-Boiled for immediate recovery if needed (needed many times I have used this team)

:ss/buzzwole:
Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Offense Tank. Kills ferrothorn and landorus therian. Leech Life for Slowbro.

:ss/tapu_lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Choice Scarf of the team, psyshock for blissey and focus blast for ferrothorn if i can predict the switch.

:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Clefable check with Taunt and flash cannon, magma storm for ferrothorn, earth power for other heatran. Thinking of replacing leftovers with air balloon.

The problem with this team is that it cant deal with toxapex properly. I am still learning so please, feel free to absolutely berate me in the replies cause I need them.
You play tapu and heatran trap pex should be free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)