Hobbies OVERWATCH 2 DISCUSSION THREAD

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Gotta love getting error coded in the middle of a comp match

blizzard be like: We don't like how aggressive Brig was so we will make Healers less aggressive but also not passive
Also blizzard: introduces Kiriko in a 1 tank meta

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ngl kirkio is hard to use but it definitely rewards good play. I think YouTubers and stuff hype kirkio up a lot and on paper it’s really good but you really need the mechanical skill to be hitting those critical hits and also timely use protection Suzu. I kinda expect “perfection” performance from very high overwatch league gameplay > the general OW ladder

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
oh so this is why my team was so fucking trash in the ranked games?
the fact that you have to play so much more differently now (with the exception of a small handful of dps) is probably a contributor to that as well

I suppose it's time to ask again: how are my playstyles doing?
:shuckle: Damage: stacking up damage-over-time effects
:skarmory: Tank: self-sufficent battlefield control, ideally with hazards
:whimsicott: Support: debuffs and buffs, minimal HP healing

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
After a series of terrible marketing techniques, an honestly disastrous launch consisting of horrendously long queues, really weird bugs, DDoS attacks and so on, as well as quite a few other questionable decisions, the game seems to be doing a bit better now at least. I played a bit last night but it was extremely laggy. Once I finally was able to play some, as someone who didn't get a chance to play the beta at all, it honestly feels quite different. Definitely gonna take some getting used to. Will miss watching and being a part of fun tank duos, it was a good run. I also almost had a heart attack when I didn't see mystery heroes in the arcade section, thank god it's still there under quick play. That's literally all I play.

Initial thoughts on characters as a tank player currently are that D.VA and Roadhog seem absolutely cracked, they are far above and beyond the best tanks in the game at the moment. Junker Queen also desperately needs buffs dear god. There also seems to be quite the shift in "power dynamic" if you will, with tanks having the majority of control in OW 1, which has now seemed to shift to the supports. The power lies with the supports now, which have the best and most impactful ultimates in the game. Kiriko is pretty cracked at the moment.

Excited to play more and see where things go!

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bro doomfist has to be the worst hero rn like wtf is this..or at least worst tank. I just hate everything about doomfist now. In comparison to other dive tanks: DVA and Winston, these two feel way less risky and more consistent. (And significantly better ultimates) I feel like his ultimate from ow1 would’ve been perfectly fine because you can’t combo it with zarya’s grav anymore in competitive. Rn i just view it as a way to escape dangerous positioning. Honestly overwatch players have been through worst and improvement will come over the days but characters still needs some adjusting to properly fit in this meta.

Ema Skye

Work!
I really like it. 5v5 is really nice for changing up team comps, and leaves things feeling like a sequel.

Queue simulator is awful and has me grateful I didn't buy the game. Only have been able to play a few games. Battle pass grind is slow as fuck and probably the slowest battle pass I've seen.

Lucario

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Junker Queen also desperately needs buffs dear god.
JQ is broken. She is so powerful, she was nerfed from her beta version and she still runs through teams with ease.

Tbh my overall thoughts with Overwatch 2 so far is we shouldn't applaude Blizzard for this. It has been 3 years since Overwatch 2 was announced, it was announced with so many promises that haven't be fulfilled and won't be fulfilled. They cut out 3 years worth of content in exchange for 3 new heroes, less arcade gamemodes, 5v5 (which nobody wanted), huge character changes that don't feel great in some cases, 1 new qp/comp gamemode and maps for it that essentially replaced 2cp as they're getting "reworked". They ignored the base game for far too long and didn't deliver a game that is worth waiting 30 minutes to play.

When I first saw Ow2's announcement I was hyped for the new PvE which is the main reason we were getting an Overwatch 2... but it isn't releasing until next year, likely in the latter half. At this point I don't even know if I'm going to buy the PvE as it'll likely be rushed, not fully done, will have bad storytelling, bad PvE gameplay, and will probably be $60.

L Overwatch, L Blizzard, can't wait to see them pay their way into getting a nomination for GOTY.

Edit: I forgot to mention the shitty Battle Pass. Why in a million years would you lock a new heri behind a battle pass? Not only that, but why would you make it so someone cannot play competitive unless they have every character unlocked? Sometimes people cannot play 24/7 and won't always be able to unlock the new hero, but I guess it sucks for them as they cannot play Competitive.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Lucario said:
JQ is broken.
Not anymore, that's for sure. She was severely nerfed after the beta and doesn't provide nearly as much utility anymore, with her commanding shout ally health bonus being reduced from 100 to 50, the duration being reduced, AND its cooldown being increased. Those are huge nerfs. I think her commanding shout is in a fine spot now because team fights would go on for just way too long and she was impossible to kill before, but she needs a bit more damage to make up for the loss. She is not tanky enough nor does she do enough damage to make her worth picking over Roadhog or Reinhardt. She's basically a brawler like Reinhardt without the damage now. To put it into perspective, in order for her to even secure a kill on a 200 HP target, she needs to land her knife, shoot, pull her knife back, shoot again, AND melee. Compare that to Roadhog's hook and melee combo and it's just not worth it. All that aside, she does seem quite fun. Hopefully she gets some much-needed buffs soon.

Lucario

She is not tanky enough
This I agree with, but it's not with just her. I'm a Zarya main and Zarya only having 475 total health is terrible. I believe Doonfist also has similar health, not too sure what his it at. They should all be at least 500, they cannot be a solo Tank with health in the 400s, that is not enough.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
This I agree with, but it's not with just her. I'm a Zarya main and Zarya only having 475 total health is terrible. I believe Doonfist also has similar health, not too sure what his it at. They should all be at least 500, they cannot be a solo Tank with health in the 400s, that is not enough.
This issue isn't as huge with Zarya at least due to her ability to now use both of her bubbles on herself instead of one on a teammate. It comes down to good cooldown management and usage of her bubbles. Her damage output is also really solid. Doomfist does have a lot of the same issues as Junker Queen does in terms of survivability and tankiness, though that isn't where his strengths are supposed to lie. He's very reliant on stuns and gaining shields. Since all of his personal shields come from hitting his abilities, if you're not hitting your abilities reliably you're gonna get squished. But yeah those are my initial release thoughts on the tanks. I think all of them are in a pretty good / decent spot except for Doomfist and Junker Queen.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Lots of too long didnt reads but i saw junker queen talk.

Shes not broken, I would like commanding shout to be more helpful to the team (make the overhealth last a second or two longer)

Doomfist is fucking ass and unfun I dont understand the purpose of this character he needs a hard rework.

Also maybe nerf nano, any nano combo rn is genuinely unstoppable.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Not fully understanding the Junker Queen in D, esp under Doom. Both have the exciting niche of being hard to kill; JQ requires more support to do work but has consistent damage and good abilities. Doom can survive long solo, but doesnt do anything in that time. Anyways, since we are doing tier lists.

Going a bit off of both pro-opinion and personal experience. Haven't gotten to play ranked yet (and wouldn't really use it as a metric right now anyways, nobody knows whats happening yet + constant disconnects are inflating the games), but I like this list. Dva Sigma Winston work in any situation honestly. Good on many comps and many maps.

Hog and Zarya are strong, melt teams if used well. Though its clear people dont yet know how to play around the solo tank hog.

Orisa Ball and Rein are all good, the other tanks are just better.

Junker Queen is good if u pocket her with something I think. JQ + Kiriko has felt hella strong, only issue is Hog Kiriko is more consistent.

Doom.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 7.22.11 PM.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)