Smogon Forums

trickroom
trickroom
yeah maybe yawn slash with Toxic. Toxic seems better though. I think maybe yawn/protect
trickroom
trickroom
Toxic is really cool though even when you use with Toxic Spikes. Sand Veil hax can go a long way, and mention Static can troll with Genesect spamming Iron Head lol, or 30% paralysis is cool. I just think slashing Yawn with Toxic isn't right :(
polop
polop
ya, toxic is p. necessary, but Yawn works really well with Protect too ;_;. Slashing it with protect probably is the best move, but I'll tell sweep to mention how the two can be used well together but it'll make it forgo an important move (toxic / Thunder mostly)
trickroom
trickroom
yeah , that should work. Thunder's extra power is cool, and I like it especially when Kyogre tries to switch in to OHKO you, you can survive Ice Beam from Kyurem-W, Specs kills you though :(
trickroom
trickroom
I just think Starmie is bad, I tried it and Stunfisk is just better
polop
polop
I agree with ya, I tried it too and getting it in was such a hassle, and even then you have to predict the switch-in. It will literally sack itself to spin sometimes. Melee Mewtwo said he managed to make starmer work though o_0. So I haven't said anything about it yet b/c it looks controversial.
polop
polop
Stunfisk don't need to worry about no kyurem-w. It yawns as it comes in. If it tried to kill it lel its asleep. If it switched out more yawn shenanigans. If sr is up its even better.
trickroom
trickroom
stunfisk resists SR too :D and I don't like Starmie not approving. It also received 2 rejections already. Modest means you cant even sack yourself to spin on Latias Latios and friends. Analytic is no way reliable. Also Mega Gyarados could be tough :) Intimidate activates before it transforms i think
polop
polop
mega dos is insane, apparently you can switch to and back form in battle (so basically you can activate Intimidate in the middle of the battle by switching back and forth between forms (so turn 1 dos not transformed comes in, then goes mega, then reverts (intimidate activates) and it keeps on going on and on and on). Mawile can do something similar as well, idk what ability mega dos has tho.
trickroom
trickroom
yeah, changing mega gyara to Dragon can be annoying as well though because now Gyarados will have a nasty weakness to Dragon and losing the Ground immunity sucks. No SR weak is a good thing though. Do we need a turn to transform? Or it doesn't count as a move.
polop
polop
iirc it doesn't count as a move but you need a turn to transform. The type changing thing has mixed benefits, who knows it might get levitate. I meant to say starmer is completely helpless against latias as it KOes with (insert dragon move here) while analytic LO Ice Beam + normal Ice Beam fail to 2HKO. Ironically it kills latios tho lol.
trickroom
trickroom
Melee said Modest is superior. You hit once on the switch and that's it, next turn you are dead. If you are Timid, you fare better. I was hoping Mega Gyarados could get Adaptability or Sheer Force lol. Swift Swim might work too since it is going back into a Mega Fish form. Liking tyrantrum as well, badass T.rex
polop
polop
That's sorta why I assumed Timid, its the best condition for it if it goes against them. Swift Swim Gyara is like a phys kingdra IMO, but we will see how it works. O, and it gets intimidate for easier setup so who k nows.
trickroom
trickroom
Gyarados is a lot tougher though, and has higher Attack. Mega Gyarados could have Intimidate and more stats. Hopefully Gyarados gets a strong physical fire move too lol, or Electric for some good coverage vs normal counters.
polop
polop
that sounds awkward, there is no strong fire move aside flare blitz X_X, unless XY affairs idk. Gyara is stronger but don't forget it lacks LO but apparently that doesn't seem to matter since the buffs mons are getting are humongous
trickroom
trickroom
yeah mega abomasnow might make Hail more viable in ubers, look at the yeti's offenses!
polop
polop
idk about offenses, but being able to reset hail every turn makes it awesome with the weather nerf. Also dem Blizzards 3>.