Smogon Forums

Mijo
Mijo
Might want to run roost on my zard, chesto rest on rotom and roost on talonflame to keep the fun coming and make good on momentum
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Funny thing is, I have this IRL friend who runs a pretty good Mega Scizor, so a lot of the time I'm trying to keep Flareon alive as long as possible and he's trying to force me to switch into him to get rid of him. xD

Showdown is always a great place to test teams before using them on the real deal.
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Definitely a good idea too, since Talon and 'Zard's defenses aren't so great. I used to run ChestoRest on my Mantine against special attackers back in the day, but I've since replaced it with Air Slash. A real shame he doesn't get Hurricane, though.
Mijo
Mijo
That'd make him much more viable. I like reg. Scizor and Mega Zard's typing and ability are just too cool but I could eventually swap him for a different mega
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Yeah, I like Zard X as well, we waited so long for him to actually get Dragon typing! My favorite Mega is Banette, though I've also been using Houndoom.
Mijo
Mijo
Houndoom was a mega that caught my eye, but I've almost completely over looked Banette, how do they perform?
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
I initially used it simply because I was excited that my favorite ghost-type got a Mega. It's surprisingly good with its massive base atk, and if it's about to faint, it can use a prankster-boosted Destiny Bond too.
Mijo
Mijo
Oh cool. So I've been using Talonflame and it's a fucking monster. It's only 2 IV but I love it, I've been dying to have a good flying type too. Thanks for the trade!
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Oh hey, great to hear from ya again. I think 2iv can work if its in the right stats. Togekiss will always be my go-to for flying types, but Talonflame's great for a physical one. Glad I could help out!
Mijo
Mijo
I really like Togekiss as well but it just doesn't work for the teams I've been dreaming up. Gotta love that para flinch set.
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Definitely, that's what mine has. I was gonna give it Nasty Plot too until I found out you had to breed it onto him and realized I don't have that kinda patience lol. Still, Aura Sphere's a good go-to for if my Primeape goes down. I've built so many teams on showdown over time.
Mijo
Mijo
So I was able to procure a Japanese shiny 3 IV ditto and have successfully bred two 5 IV pokemon. Do you need a protean froakie?
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Nice, I managed to breed a 5IV Venomoth for my team. Sure, if you have extras, I'll gladly take one!
Mijo
Mijo
Coolio, I have a spare 5 IV you can use for breeding or a Female with 4 but neither one has a SP Attk IV which kinda blows.
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
Damn, talk about bad luck lol. Either way I'll pick one up next time I get on. How's your team coming along?
Mijo
Mijo
Eh still in the breeding stages now that I can get 5+ IV's. Still trying to get a mold breaker Excadrill, but after that I think I've settled on a team. I'll send you a breakdown, maybe you can critique it for me.
LetsPlayALoveGame
LetsPlayALoveGame
I can easily get you a Mold Breaker Excadrill if you want one. I'm nearly done with my Sun team, just gotta breed for a good Venusaur and decide who I want for the 6th slot. I'll do the same when mine's done. =D We should battle when we're finished!
Mijo
Mijo
Glad to hear it's coming along well. I just sent you my first draft on my write up. I'd love that mold breaker excadrill if you wanna swap that for the protean froakie? It may not have the Sp Attack Iv but it's super easy to start breeding with a 5 IV rather than 1-3. I'd love to give your Sun team a peak when you're ready.
Mijo
Mijo
Also I know you're using Mega Venusaur over MegaZard Y, but Chlorophyll Venusaur on a Sun team is broketacular and MegaZard opens up hard and steals weather priority from sand teams that open with T-Tar since it happens after the turn begins.
Mijo
Mijo
oh and dragons work great on any sun team because they can always run flamethrower or fire blast and have tons of coverage moves. You resist fairy on all your other mons so you don't have to worry about it, and since everything else is thematic your last spot should be concerned mostly with coverage. MixMence, Hydreigon, Noivern, Garchomp with Fire Fang, can cover that spot well.