DragonAscent
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I know what you're trying to say on the CaU thread on the OU forum, but please refer to the rules and Smogon Philosophy. By inferring that that thread is nothing more than posting whatever sets you tried for a bit and thought were 'fun', it's insulting to those who use the thread seriously to use innovative sets which actually work.
    Kurona
    Kurona
    I know it does seem stiff, but this is because these threads are more or less the foundation of competitive. No-one's saying you can't joke around every once in a while; I often try and sneak in a little lol here and there, but you have to make sure the post as a whole has serious relevance to OU. This may be Pokémon, but the fact is this is a website about the serious competitive side. It's like if you went up to some olympic ice skater and said "Hey why are you taking this so seriously it's just a bit of fun". You likely would not get a good reaction because they have put in a lot of time, effort and thinking into how to be the best at what they do. Now, does this mean they don't have fun with it? No, because then they likely wouldn't do it. They would enjoy the satisfaction of all their hard work paying off and culminating in their performance and hopeful victory. It's the same deal here. There's many different ways people enjoy things and have fun; while you may not understand the enjoyment that comes out of serious competitive discussion, please try and respect it in future.
    Kurona
    Kurona
    *because they likely wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it, derp
    DragonAscent
    DragonAscent
    I get that; seriously, I tend to spend more time building teams than using them. And, on one of them, specscott fit perfectly. I'm not trolling, I'm not trying to harass you veteran smogonites; I just wanted to post a unique set that worked surprisingly well. Trust me, a pretty good amount of thought went into that set. May not seem like it, but I screwed about with u turn and shadow ball and a couple of steel smackin' hidden powers till the set was most effective for me. I'm not telling anyone to ditch competitive stuff. I think we had a misunderstanding. I meant have fun while using decent stuff; there's a certain satisfaction in eating a mega lopunny return and OHKOing with moonblast, or revealing that your keldeo is expert belt and not specs. Most of the posts in that thread mentioned how 'fun' their set was to use, so I followed suit. I know what you're thinking; I'm not advocating 'lol iz just game,' I'm just saying use good sets you enjoy. If I hate stall, why would I build a team around subtoxic gliscor? No enjoyment whatsoever. I'd rather use taunt DD megados to eat mega sableyes! That's not a bad set, it's a FUN set. I'm not terribly good at organizing my thoughts, but....I dunno. I want to believe there's still an excited kid inside AM who squealed with glee when he saw his age old friend venusaur (he strikes me as a bulbasaur guy) get a mega evolution or laughed the first time he saw defensive zard X because it was weird but it worked. I'm naive that way.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…