Smogon Forums

Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Mm, that explains why I couldn't find any spreads. How can I check if a spread exists or not? That would save me a lot of time :)
Thomaz
If it's specifically for a certain Pokemon, like Tauros for instance, you look for their encounter slots (9 and 11) and then have RNGReporter search just those slots (with less then perfect requirements). Slots 7, 9 and 11 are especially unforgiven I'm afraid, but all other stuff generally isn't. A perfect Bold Clefairy doesn't exist either for example (but Calm does).
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Ah, so It's trial and error. Thanks for letting me know, I searched for 150 seeds already, frame by frame, and was going crazy.

I lucked out hard with Kangaskhan then!

And perfect Bold Clefairy not existing makes me feel better about the IVs of mine. :)

Again, thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated
Thomaz
Let me guess, you got an Impish Kangaskhan? =P I know that both Careful and Impish exist. I have Impish already and still need to catch Careful lol. And huh, I am intrigued by how you search those spreads. Also, how fast can you do these RNGs?
Thomaz
I just CYT and saw that you got Careful lol. I should also put more 3rd gen breeds in my thread now that I think about it. A lot of those rare stuff, I already have so I might as well. =P
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Yea, Careful was the first spread I found so I went for it. Either Careful or Impish worked for me, it was more about the challenge than the final product.

I search them "manually" using RNG Reporter. I make a save state at the naming screen, hovering OK, and watch the memory viewer to see what IDs I get. Then I hold A and unpause, pause again when ID is generated, and use the (hex) ID as a seed to search for the spread. (I don't go too high, about 25 million or so.) If I don't get a good spread, I load my state, advance an additional frame with Ctrl+N, and try again.

The speed depends, naturally, of how high my target frame is. Clefairy was 10 million, I spread the work between two days. Kanga was just 4.8 million frames, so I finished it in a few hours yesterday.
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
I have some Emerald breeds I did back in the day, but I consider most of them to be outclassed by the current stuff (mainly because of the Pokéballs). People don't care much about Gen II tutors, unless it's something essential like Softboiled. Chansey was the classic Pokémon to get, but Seismic Toss became an egg move, so now Gen III Chanseys are almost useless.

(unless you want to use the Mimic glitch to get Wish)
Thomaz
Ah, I see. Yeah, I just manually search RNGReporter for available spreads and then RNG my save file to match the PID, play the game until there's a good spot to reliably locate your frame (I use Snorlax for this since method 1 Pokemon are easy to search for with PokeRNG) and then reset the game over and over (advancing by one frame at the start menu) until I find a frame that's close by enough for me to start frame advancing. It's time consuming but it works.
Thomaz
And you're definitely right about Emerald breeds. I have a Word document with 100 pages worth of Emerald stuff (both caught and bred) and most of them are useless except for the few that can use move tutors. In most cases, I'm pretty much trying to replace those I've bred with caught versions. Of course, some can't be exchanged like Dragon Dance Salamence with Body Slam, but there are always exceptions. Also, I doubt Mimic glitching Wish on Chansey is allowed here. It's fine for stuff like Selfdestruct Mewtwo (I have BoomWhale too LOL), but noone has ever RNG'd a Wish Chansey from what I know.