Smogon Forums

Thomaz
Haha, I wouldn't say I'm a RNG master, but yeah, it is possible. It's actually very easy (imo). You can just follow the instructions in this link: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/. The only difference being is that you're using a 3DS and not a DS. DS has a 1 second delay and I believe 3DS has 8 (so if your target time is 19:30:08, you enter the game at 19:30:00). Don't quote me on that, but it's either 7 or 8 seconds. Really, that link has it all (except for a few things).
#1 Rotom
#1 Rotom
OK. If I were to generate a seed that has 6 under the 'Frame' bit would that mean I would have to advance that many frames? If so would I then advance the frames and use sweet scent to encounter a wild pokemon or would that advance the frame and mess the whole thing up?
Thomaz
Yeah, that's exactly what you do. However, just to be sure, it's never that low. You always have a starting frame that's at least in the 40ish. There's a button on RNGReporter for that (remember to check BW2 if you're using that).
#1 Rotom
#1 Rotom
If I were to find my DS parameters for 1 RNG attempt, would I then use these parameters for each RNG abuse I do or would I have to find the parameters again?
Thomaz
If the parameters were correct, then no, you won't need to redo it. You can save the parameters as your profile in RNGReporter. Important to note with BW, but ESPECIALLY with BW2 is that your TImer0 can and WILL troll you to hell and back. BW has generally 2 Timer0's it switches between. BW2 has at least 5! In the case of BW2, I advise you to find your parameters about 10 times (I'm not kidding) or maybe even more. You need to figure out what Timer0 shows up most often because it'll be the one you're going for generally. As soon as you know your common TImer0's, you can start searching for IV-spreads. I made a list of my 3 common Timer0's and their IV-spreads in order to get stuff done. It's a battle of attrition, but once you have that info, RNGing your wilds is generally easy. Remember, if you're going for a specific IV-spread but your catch is something very different, you can use the adjacent Seed tool to figure out what Timer0 you hit (for BW2, set IV-range to 3).
#1 Rotom
#1 Rotom
Ahh so I find Timer0 10 times. Now I know why I fucked up. Also, when I sometimes input the IVS and stuff why does the timer0 come up like this: 168E? And why does RNGReporter sometimes generate 2 seeds when I input the IVs?
Thomaz
One try is not enough to get your calibration done, sadly. Maybe 10 is a bit much, but I advice at least 7 or so because you'll start seeing a pattern. In my White2 for example, my Timer0 fluctuates between 10F2 and 10F6, whereas 10F4 seems to be the most common one. 168E could be your Timer0. As for the 2 seeds, what do you mean?