Smogon Forums

Skymin_Flower
That's a good idea ^_^ I am literally learning to RNG XD / Colosseum as we speak haha
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
On a cart, or on an emulator? I thought I heard that the frames advanced way too fast to make it feasible.
Skymin_Flower
Emulator of course haha, and I have heard someone has done it on retail! But that doesn't mean I am willing to try xD

And yea the process is complicated enough already even with emulator........
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
Wow, any idea who it was? I'd at least be interested in hearing how they did it.
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
I sent him a PM. Looks like he doesn't come on too often though. Do you know how to do it on retail (theoretically)?
Skymin_Flower
I don't really lol. I mean the process is the same but I can't see how you would possibly do it on pure retail. It might be possible with some homebrew software on a Wii that tells you your seed and so on..
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
Skymin_Flower
That's interesting indeed, but he hasn't been around since August apparently :(

It is interesting that he says that, because I think we (with help from others :P) managed to get FR/LG working without too much trouble... unless he means "getting flawless spreads" as opposed to just "getting decent spreads".
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
Yeah, I noticed that too. I've talked to him before... he's a helpful guy! So is the seed determined similarly to how it is in Gen IV games - purely from the system clock?
Skymin_Flower
From what I gather, yes. It runs ridiculously fast though (from memory), so hitting a seed consistently is hard.

Actually I just remembered the main problem isn't really the seed, it's the frame advancements. Without save states it just makes it a pain, because the frame advancements are quite noisy and inconsistent. You would have to do a bunch of research before you started I think :\
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
Hmm. So you need the emulator to check your seed, and from that point, it's doable but difficult (due to inconsistency) on a console? Sounds almost like FR/LG... I learned the hard way that the frames jump around a bit, though what I experienced was not nearly enough to attribute to the "noisy/quiet area" concept.
Skymin_Flower
Yea it is probably a bit of luck too xD
Misdreavus
Misdreavus
BTW, If you didn't already see it, you may be interested in the link in Fishaman's signature. He has some tools to RNG your ID/SID on Colo (and possibly XD). The README file has a link to some Japanese tools, one of which appears to be a way to RNG the WISHMKR Jirachi (from the Colosseum Bonus Disc) based on how you set the clock at the start of your R/S game, something to do with choosing your starting Pokemon, and changing your text box frame (?). I would love to have that translated... seriously, I've been wanting RNG of Jirachi to be possible for years!
Skymin_Flower
I've seen that around before... I'm almost 90% sure someone has done it. It has a limited number of spreads, so someone compiled a file that has every possible Jirachi with a decent spread, including the shiny ones. Can't remember where I saw it though lol