Smogon Forums

Thomaz
Yeah, I just need to do a quick clone. :P
Loukas
Loukas
Sure thanks! Here's my FC 2853-1013-7873. Adding you and heading online:)
Thomaz
Coming online. =)
Loukas
Loukas
Thanks! And also nice 3rd gen RNG's used to do a lot back in the day but i am out of the game for years:P
Thomaz
You're welcome. =) And thanks! I'm pretty much trying to create a museum haha. Currently working on Pokemon Channel lol, that game is so boring. o_O But the price is nice I guess. :P
Loukas
Loukas
Well 2nd Channel Jirachi on Smogon would be nice:) Flawless Body Slam Jirachis are pretty rare around here:)
Thomaz
Exactly, the possible IV spreads are much better for Jirachi than in the Colo disc. I don't mind waiting a day. I've had to wait longer for some of my other RNGs before I found the 'shortcut'.
Loukas
Loukas
In FR/LG i remember you could SR for a close spread but is there a way to get high frames in Emerald that i am unaware of?
Thomaz
Yeah, it kinda follows the same principle. When you start a new game in Emerald, the Seed isn't set at 0 like usual. You can just create a file, then determine where in the frames you are by checking the starter's IV. If you are anywhere close to a good spread, you just play the game without ever resetting. And if you're not close to anything, just reset and do it again. It's a bit of work, but it's much better than waiting days or weeks even. :)
Loukas
Loukas
You mean you rng you id/sid then head into game and check your starter's IV's (they were method 1 right?)? That's sounds pretty nice. It would save you a lot of time:P
Thomaz
Nah, it's even simpler than that. You start the game, savestate before going in, grab the starter and check the IV's (Method 1 like you said, so PokeRNG is great for this). If you're close, go back to the savestate and RNG it to get that spread shiny. If not, just reset. It saves a LOT of time yeah. :)
Loukas
Loukas
Thanks for the tip:) I did not know that:p Although i need to refresh my memory on Rnging your sid because it's been a lot of years since i did that:P
Loukas
Loukas
Also good luck on that Jirachi. What nature are you aiming for?
Thomaz
Sure! :)

I don't know yet, I was thinking of multiples, like all physicals for sure (Adamant, Careful, Impish, Jolly). We'll see. I need to finish Channel first, which is a terrible game lol.
Loukas
Loukas
True the game is made for kids mostly that's why:p Careful is the most important one, the other natures come second in my opinion.
Thomaz
Haha, yeah. :P We'll see though. I can't really control much of the RNG in Channel, you can totally miss a good spread if you're unlucky. I'll have to try and see if I can find anything good lol.
Loukas
Loukas
Well good luck. There's a python script that checks the pattern if you need it
Loukas
Loukas
Hey Thomaz i need another one of your pokemon if possible. Any chance you can hook me up with a friend ball Sudowood? Again natures and ivs doesn't matter. I can send you a list of pokemon i have in return for it