Joim
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey joim is there a thread somewhere that has to do with adv/dpp randbats? I want to look into getting the ball rolling again for making these a thing.
    I loved LIS, so many tears shed in Ep 5
    Joim
    Joim
    It's a great game, one of my inspirations in recent times to get into game dev :)
    Hi Joim! can I please get in contact with you as soon as possible, for some stuff over at PS! please and thank you! [:
    P.S Berserking Now re-directed me to you
    Joim
    Joim
    It'll be faster and easier if you state it here
    Max Exp. Trainer
    Max Exp. Trainer
    It's about a private room/group chat that you might be interested in [:
    hi joim; i changed my name on showdown from unfixable to wishes. could you please update staff bros whenever to reelect that? thanks! :D
    dhelmise
    dhelmise
    can u also change xShiba -> Shiba

(normally i would do this but my github is broke)
    Josh
    and update the ppl who got promoted
    Joim
    Joim
    I'll get to it later :o
    Hey, do you recommend any more Spanish indie rock? I listened to the record you posted in the music thread in Firebot and really liked it, and I kinda want to get into the genre more (one of my hobbies is listening to music in other languages than English, as often there are elements of beauty etc. that can only really be picked up on when not understanding the lyrics). Thanks in advance :)
    Joim
    Joim
    np, always cool to find someone that likes the same music!
    Martin
    Martin
    Oh wow I think Copenhague may be my new favorite song :OOO
    Joim
    Joim
    It's a veeery good song :) Check out also "Un dia en el mundo", "Valiente", and "Sharabbey Road"!
    Joim
    Joim
    Well, there's a subtle difference between "your argument is invalid because you did something" and "I bet you will disregard my argument because you did something". Attacking the messenger in my context means disregarding an argument or point of view just because of the person making it.

While it may lack manners, he is merely pointing out a post in which you personally subtly call him an asshole, explaining that it may be a reason for which you will choose to ignore him.

Sure, Hikari probably could've used better phrasing, but if you felt offended by that remark or think he is disregarding your argument because of it, feel free to comment it to him directly or in the thread.
    destinyunknown
    It still is an ad hominem attack, regardless of being 'subtle', the effect and the intention are the same, and a paragraph like that does not belong to a serious discussion thread. If I were to actually disregard his argument, he could feel free to point it out to me privately, but turning a discussion thread into a childish ''you said this about me and that's why you won't hear what I say'' is definitely what the staff should try to avoid, not do it themselves.

As for why I didn't make a comment about this in the thread, I felt like that would be derailing the thread and giving the staff a reason (and rightly so) to close it.

This is the reason why I pointed out that a 'set of guidelines on what is infraction worthy' / 'deemed toxic' or whatever should be set. And Senior Staff should set the example, exactly the opposite of what Hikari did there.
    Joim
    Joim
    Well, he just wanted to point out that you had called him out instead of discussing it (so your posts were being checked with a degree of incredulity on fairness, even if it's a Firebot post. Maybe it was not the best way to communicate it (and I've told him about this concern), but being fair it's normal to think a person who dissed youo in the past won't listen to your arguments (even if you should disregard those past events).

It is noteworthy that you didn't post in the thread to not to derail it though, and that's the kind of attitude that is positive and constructive for the site, to keep personal feuds and offtopic discussions out of the scope so they can be solved in a civil manner without derailing the actual problem discussion. Thanks for that!

Anyway, our goal is to be constructive and to have a work environment that is fit for everyone. Of course, we are all human and we make mistakes, staff or not (I myself have made many mistakes), so we all (all as in the userbase) should work on, when reading someone's post, to interpretate it in the best way possible instead of otherwise, which happens often right now.

(Sorry if I wasn't clear enough or didn't express myself properly, it's slightly harder to write in another language after some beers).
    Hello sir! Who do I talk to about getting an innactive alt as my own?
    Joim
    Joim
    Admin requests forum :D
    Wanna play for rby cup now on stour?
    Joim
    Joim
    Hey, still there? I was having dinner
    eren
    Ugh I'm trying to log on Idk why it isn't working.
    Hi quick question I used to use the name FRAT back in the day but i forgot the password to it sadly. Is there any way to get that account name back? Im referring to showdown btw.
    Joim
    Joim
    Yeah, if you can prove it's yours, telling me where did you register it and what was your ISP in that moment
    Doomstadt
    Doomstadt
    Ok thank you I'll try to find out that information as soon as possible
    Is there any chance of keeping green text on PS! It's actually kinda neat! <3
    Joim
    Joim
    Of course!
    nui
    nui
    Yay!!!
    plz bring back june jubilee. we can be good pals.
    Joim
    Joim
    Maybe I can rehash it for July :o
    passion
    passion
    cool that would be fantastic if you actually decide to. that is my favorite seasonal :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…