Smogon Forums

Manictric
No worries! Do you need any items?
JES
JES
Not currently, and I won't be able to transfer them into Sun where I need them anyways.
JES
JES
I am currently online.
Manictric
Alright, I'm getting on now
JES
JES
I am also currently going through old threads where I traded friend codes for the Safari to see if there are any players who no longer play. Nothing so far though!
JES
JES
Okay, thank you!
Manictric
Of course! Best of luck with you're combing!
JES
JES
I have been unable to re-establish the friend code I deleted. It is possible he deleted me from his console long ago. If you desire, I can keep your code permanently as a result.
Manictric
Um you can if you would like! I don't have any friend safaris or anything fun like that, but either way I'm fine!
JES
JES
Maybe we can battle sometime (when I have a team worth a damn in Sun), or we can trade anytime we need something evolved.

If not, then next time I need to input a new code, I'll knock yours off if you have no need or desire to keep mine. If I do, I'll inform you ahead of time.

It's up to you.
Manictric
Sounds good! I'm not very good, but I always enjoy a battle I can learn something from, and I normally play VGC 2017 rules, but am down to try something new too! Definitely let me know if you want to skirmish in the future or if you need a start assemblying a team and I'll see if I can help!
JES
JES
Then I guess that settles it then!

And I consider my skills to be pretty modest as well. To be honest, I mostly just copy sets that suit my purposes or ones that I like. I'm no battling genius!

Then again, the fact that I've been able to beat teams using the VGC 2017 rules on Showdown with options that I can only breed from Alpha Sapphire, perhaps I'm being a bit modest!
Manictric
That is impressive since tapus and ultra beast are a huge part of the meta game, so excellent! I look forward to battling!
JES
JES
I get lucky. For teams with actually good strategies, I find that I struggle to even knock out one Pokémon.

I've found that Pheromosa is a pain in the ass. I'm still working on aspects of my team, with the latest addition being Trevenant, due to finding that I couldn't even touch this one team with a Gastrodon.

And it will probably be at least a few months before I actually can start to breed. I already have some team ideas though.
Manictric
Yeah I feel like going up against Pheramosa can be a gamble, especially if you expect it to be a physical or special attacker and than it's the other, and yeah no worries, if you need a hand breeding, let me know!
JES
JES
Oh, I couldn't possibly ask you to help me breed for this competition when the sign up is today, and it starts a few weeks from now! I don't think there's enough time to test them in Showdown to satisfaction at this point. Plus, I never really did research regarding Alolan team members, since I couldn't breed them!
JES
JES
Edit: I can't use the Pokémon I've breed in Alpha Sapphire. They've banned use of Pokémon brought over from Poké Transporter for some reason.

And I don't have the means to breed and raise in the time I have (or at all): a Destiny Knot, an Everstone, a Lucky Egg (or 5), high level opponents, and of course, I don't know how to accurately raise EVs now that they got rid of super training. I haven't beaten the game yet, nor do I have the time, so I can't do anything about this.

If I enter into this competition, I'll just loose every match.

Unless you can breed every team member, there is now zero point in entering.
Manictric
Yeah it's unfortunate that they require you to breed them in sun and moon, well I'll see what I can do, what Pokémon do you need?
Manictric
I have ever stones and destiny knots to spare, as well as EV training braces, and a lot of free time next week haha