Hulavuta
Hulavuta
how come?
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Maybe you can reload faster
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
ok maybe is it usually faster than reloading?

in real life you'd throw your rifle to the ground and then pull out your pistol right?
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I think so. A lot of the LARPing gun people who would claim it's OPTIMAL to do one or the other aren't factoring in the fact that you don't know when you have to reload or not. No popup saying out of ammo, right? So in a situation where youhave a rifle you're holding empty, you hear it click, what does your brain do? Maybe you drop it and draw a sidearm, maybe you have trained to put in a fresh mag quickly.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
seems like the military would figure out which one is most optimal and then train that way.

from what I gather on quora switching to sidearm is easier because it requires less hand-eye coordination and fine motor control. Reloading you must eject the magazine, retrieve another, then insert it, and requires both hands. Sidearm you just drop the rifle and then pull out pistol with one hand.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
but apparently the actual myth here is that most soldiers don't even get a pistol in combat. lul
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
This scenario would never happen in "combat" though. Real warfare isn't like john wick movies
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
dude, I have no idea what the FUCK That means stop referencing John Wick movies like I have seen one!
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Ok, it isn't like hollywood gun fu movies