Smogon Forums

Jimbon
Jimbon
hey sorry for the late response i saw your message and forgot to respond a while back

i kept tabs of stuff on RYM a lot when i was actively listening to new stuff all the time but for the past couple years i really haven't been listening to much at all, it's only recently i've started to get back into discovering new stuff
Jimbon
Jimbon
i've been digging through a lot of stuff from sarah records, anything with soft male vocals and jangly guitars is something i'll put on repeat for a while.. the smiths, magnetic fields, john maus, the field mice, foxes in fiction, david vassalotti, big blood, james blackshaw, the sweetest ache, paddington distortion combo, black tambourine are some of the things i have been playing a lot
Jimbon
Jimbon
here are some of my fav tracks

thx for reaching out, it is very cathartic to talk about music after being out of the loop for a while
GaryTheGengar
GaryTheGengar
no worries man. I must have seen your name pop up on rym, think we've got a few mutual friends. cool recents/favorites - I'm not much into twee myself, but I dig a lot of similar stuff like black tamborine (check out velocity girl - copacetic). that paddington distortion alb is great. I love that sort of dreamy, hazy feel it has to it. big blood are killer too. im around if you ever want to talk music / trade recs
Jimbon
Jimbon
once again i have read your message a while back and forgotten to reply i am so sorry lmao. i listened to the velocity girl album a while back and enjoyed it, audrey's eyes has been on my playlist for a couple months now (black tambourine are great too !!) . i've only very recently gotten back into listening to new stuff again and would love to talk music and trade recs
Jimbon
Jimbon
haven't really had anywhere to do that in some time now.. what have you been listening to recently? my rym name is jimbon if u want to keep in touch
GaryTheGengar
GaryTheGengar
all good lol. hard to find people with compatible taste so I'm just glad you reached out. ive been kinda slacking in terms of searching out new music, mostly been going thru old bootlegs and live albums the last few weeks, with the occasional drone alb. This is probably my favorite recent discovery: https://belrevemusic.bandcamp.com/album/cassette - some mid 90s lofi noise pop kind of deal.
GaryTheGengar
GaryTheGengar
ran into char limit last post but I'm hella down to regularly trade recs/talk music. just added you on rym
Jimbon
Jimbon
yeah looking through i see we have a lot of overlap, a lot of great stuff in your 4/4.5s, particularly the drone and psych folk... a lot of the drone stuff i had listened to is stuff from 3 or 4 years ago that im not entirely familiar with anymore so i may have to pinch something from your drone list