np: LC - Hello Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, sorry if you’re expecting a voting thread. That’s not happening. That’s not what we do anymore. What we are doing is something similar to the other guys, but not quite the same. I don’t like Democracy as much as Jabba or Oglemi. I didn’t make a thread for a while, and I guess I owe you guys an explanation.

Banning stuff makes me uncomfortable. You guys probably know this from talking to me over IRC. That’s why when 4 Pokemon, one of which was bandwagoned into a ban at seemingly the last minute, were banned I was a little uncomfortable with holding another round. I wanted to let things sit and settle before opening up discussion on “what should we ban next?” I usually do this, if you haven’t noticed. I like it when things stew, when you guys have time to figure out your own opinions before getting into debates.

But before I ever decided when/if I was going to post another round, some internal changes happened to Smogon. Suspect testing was to leave, which was just fine with me. I’d been sitting on the idea of a “council” as well, the fact that UU and RU were implementing similar systems was just icing on the cake. However.

I don’t like ladder reqs. Not with a metagame as small as ours. I ran the first test with just paragraphs as some of you may remember. Little Cup’s tiers and ruleset are going to be redefined, from scratch, by a new group of users. Being a member of this group will be very taxing and a lot of work involving playtesting and extensive discussion.

Here’s what I’m looking for in Little Cup Councilmen:
-Historic knowledge of the metagame
-Ability to logically, respectfully, and reasonably discuss
-Willingness to playtest, a LOT
-Dedication to the community
-Not suck

I don’t just want some ladder jockey who rocketed to #1 because the Elevator Musics and HeYsUps had cancer this week. I want users who have been around the block, or at least know what used to go on. LC has evolved a lot since I was Lord Vader asking “LC, anyone?” in the CaP Server chat. While I don’t expect your knowledge base to extend all the way back there, I do expect you to be familiar with the history of the tier, with the development of the metagames, both Fourth AND Fifth generation. Ladder scores won't hurt, obvious, but I will be accounting a lot more than just scores into who will be on this team.

There is no set limit to the members of this council, but it will not be large. I will also cut members for inactivity or poor conduct. I don’t have an application form because I want you to be able to figure stuff out on your own. If you want to be a member, send me a PM why you should be. There’s no minimum or maximum length.

Aerrow Edit: Just editing the OP with the names of the users in the council:

• Aerrow
  • Elevator_Music
  • GoldenKnight
  • macle
  • RayJay
  • Vader

Vader has definitely been around the block if you know what I mean.

I completely agree with removing ladder requirements in general, but specifically for this where so many users have actually been #1 in this exact metagame for a significant amount of time.

Crux

Banned deucer.
I completely agree with the direction this is going in. People who speak with me would know how absolutely shocked I was with last rounds bans which were.............. a bit unexpected.

If you dont get into the council don't take it as a "Oh no you have no influence in Little Cup". Feel free to talk to any council members, as that is the point of a council imo.

The Little Cup ladder is retarded, I agree with removing reqs. If someone as bad as me can get to number 1, you know it is unreliable information!!!!

Just a note to any council members: FREE MALE COMBEE

I would love to take part in this, but I doubt I'm eligible. I have only recently gotten into Little Cup, and was introduced to the metagame after the bans of Misdreavus, Gligar, Carvanha, and Meditite. Accordingly, I don't have the knowledge of the metagame that Vader desires to be a member of the Council.

I'd like to offer my assistance, however. As we have all established, LC peaks suck (#1). But I do know the metagame and would be able to assist the councilmen (or women!)

I've been involved with LC since Gen 4. I started a bit after the Misdreavus ban, was it? Also, QC. I'm not entirely sure if I'm qualified though, since I had a bit of a hiatus, and I returned without any battling skills at all, although I used to stay around the top ten on PO, for what it's worth.

Everything from scratch! Whoa. Even the rules... I like the idea of this, and it'll be interesting to see the outcome. Good luck, councilmen (And woman, if Amber gets in :D)!

I won't even bother applying, I don't have the time to playtest a lot and I doubt I'm qualified xD

Everything from scratch! Whoa. Even the rules... I like the idea of this, and it'll be interesting to see the outcome. Good luck, councilmen (And woman, if Amber gets in :D)!
I'm sorry I know this is off topic but PoJ I have no faith in Diana?

I'm sorry for postin please don't reject me.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Ban all Gen V pokemon, moves and abilities!

Seriously, this looks like the best thing for LC and I wish I had the time and inclination to get involved.

I support this decision. A lot of people simply abuse the LC suspect tests in order to get the Tiering Contributor badge and they don't even give a fuck about LC.

Also, nice musical taste Vader; I love The Beatles <3

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Woah, this is cool, I was seriously getting tired of suspect tests being a case of "what do we ban next?"

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Interested to help in anyways I can, though I doubt I can get on the council. I'd like to dip a hand into making a metagame :3

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I wasn't here for 4th gen Little Cup so I don't even have a shot.

Actually I agree that the suspect tests went a little overboard but this kind of feels like it's pushing aside anyone who joined in Little Cup after Black/White came out as far as the council is concerned.

I forgot about Diana because I didn't see her post on this thread xD But I do have faith in her, she's a great player :3

I wasn't here for 4th gen Little Cup so I don't even have a shot.
I think you still have a shot, if I were you I would send a PM to Vader ASAP :)

-------------------------------------

I don't have any experience with suspect testing, but I do know that the LC ladder is extremely easy to take advantage of. Since it's so small, all you have to do is avoid playing when the good players are on the server xD The fact that I could get a number 1 spot proves that ladder reqs aren't very effective for choosing people to vote.

I'm excited to see what this council changes :)

As I mentioned in my first post, I came on board with LC in BW.

I want to know why we have to have been an active participant of DPP BW. Knowing that metagame doesn't make us know this metagame (which is nowhere near the same).

So you have extensive knowledge of the LC metagame history and how it works. Pretty much to stray newer people away because they don't have as much experience.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
vader's only picking people he's comfortable working with. he's comfortable with people who have been with the community for a while. it's not necessarily a deal breaker, but it's one of the most if not the most important criterion.

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Applications will close Monday at 11:59:59.99 EST.

If you want to have any chance of being on the council, I suggest you apply.

v

Hi.

Sorry it took me so long to do stuff, my computer broke and I haven’t had internet really. Picking the council was pretty hard, since I wanted to keep it small to make it easier to keep track of everyone. If you weren’t picked, don’t take it personally. I wanted people with experience in both older LC and newer LC. I wanted people who have historically had diverse views on what was banworthy. In short, I really wanted variety, as the aim of this council is to design an entirely new Little Cup metagame.

That said, I am expecting the councilmen to behave themselves. If one of them starts being an insufferable dickbag or entirely inactive, I may dismiss them. If that happens, and you applied and were qualified, I might contact you and ask you to be on my lovely little council.

Without further ado, the council:

Elevator Music
fatty
HeYsUp
macle
RayJay
Vader

Dubulous will serve as a mediator and in an advisory capacity.

Thanks for reading, and merry Christmas!

v

ok due to some activity concerns the new council is

Snorlax14
Crux
Vader
Emma
Aerrow
RayJay
Adam Maecleleltlels the Drunk

please continue your everyday lives as before

v

Murkrow, Misdreavus, Gligar are unbanned as of the second I made this post.

Enjoy~

Note: Not implemented on server yet.

A reason to get back into LC!

No, but I do think this is a very neat move, especially since there have been so many things that have been tried out effectively in their absence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)