BW OU Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - Team by Stone_Cold and Alice

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion

Introduction

I'm not one to ladder too much, I mainly get on to mod the server and to pass time, I will do a few matches, and then one day I decided to check my ladder ranking and that's when I realized...."Hey, I am actually pretty high up on the ladder". I'm still rising on the ladder with this team, but decided that I would go ahead and post this.

(this team is offensive, with obviously fragile pokemon. Aside from adding toxic spikes to aide Lilligant, it's hard to find a replacement. Don't be like "omg weak to stall", "omg weak to dragon", etc. I'll just have your post removed)

This was a team made with my good friend Alice. She often uses Lilligant and so I decided to make a team giving her set a try and it continues to impress. It's very easy to gain a sweep using Lilligant. I am making this RMT to showcase a fun offense Sun team that is different from a lot of the others, and to showcase a different type of synergy used with such a fragile team.

As many of you know, I often make RMT's with a certain song or theme to them dating back to 2008. This is no different, this theme as you can see by the Alice in Wonderland banner represents...drugs.

Without further ado, play this beautiful song as you enjoy this RMT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

Purpose
Much like my Rain Offense team, despite having some defensive motives, this shares the same goal. Get quick kills, or put my team in the position to where I can sweep with one of my two set up sweepers. Of course the team has it's weaknesses, but every team does, and each threat can be played around.​

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Flamethrower

Honestly, Ninetales is terrible. I only use this set for a couple of reasons. It's good for breaking up sub hydra's, it's good for getting status on Tyranitar switch ins, which is important because this team revolves around getting Hydreigon and Lilligant set up. It also succeeds in roaring lead Dragonite's who think a simple set up is easy, as well as Volcaronas. HP Fighting is there because more often then not, Heatrans like to come in and Heatran can be a pain to my team, ergo, the residual damage really helps as well as breaking Air Balloon if they decide to carry it. This team doesn't use a spinner, and I don't find Ninetails role too important, but he's good to have so the opponent can focus on getting rid of him while I try and cripple their team not worrying if it dies or not. I use it more as bait, with the secondary goal of getting sun up. I normally win the match if it's against a no weather team.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

There isn't much to say about Terrakion that hasn't ever been said previously. The goal of Terrakion in this team is simple, it provides the offensive power that I need in order to garner a lot of necessary sweeps. It helps break down Skarmary and Gliscor, and it's my main answer to Blissey. His role for this team serves more as "send him in and spam attacks, and sweep with my set-up mons later". I am contemplating Adamant due to the fact that sometimes Stone Edge and Close Combat just can't get the job quite done. Terrakion is also an excellent switch in to a plethora of common pokes used, as well as being a great pokemon to double switch with.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

If a pokemon were to be removed from my team, Heatran would be the first pokemon I would remove. However, its role is too important. Heatran is my answer to Latios/Latias, as well as switch ins to Outrages. Toxic is important for this guy, (and you will notice I rely a lot on Toxic for this team) due to the fact that I can Toxic things such as Dragonite and simply stall them out. This allows for Lilligant to sweep later. Forretress would be a great addition to this team but it can't tank hits like Heatran, and doesn't have the correct bulk I need, or typing for that matter. Flamethrower is another option I am considering for this set; however, once in a while Burn is absolutely handy so it's not something to be overlooked. Stealth rock is also a necessity that I can't have without using Heatran, and is the basis for a plethora of the sweeps I gain.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Ahahha. That's what I think when I even start to think about this guy. I run enough speed to outspeed Rotom-W and adamant Lucarios. This allows me to sub/protect stall Hydro Pump until Rotom is useless against Gliscor. Being able to Toxic Stall the majority of the metagame is just too much fun, as well as PP stall. Xatu, Skarmory, and Gliscor are my only threats going into a match, so I try to eliminate those as quickly as possible. Air Balloon Heatran is also a threat, but easily taken care of for the most part. While I do lack a lot of necessary bulk, and because of that CB Terrakion CAN have a potential 2HKO on me, I have enough synergy with my team that I can normally play around Terrakion. Gliscor is an absolute must for this Sun Team and is a basis for crippling my opponent and garnering as much residual damage as possible until I can bring in my two clean up pokemon.

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

This is a set I came up with a little bit ago. Blue Star I believe ended up making an analysis, and I got the idea from IFM who was using Sub Hydreigon during World Cup, and he was using Surf with it in rain. I thought, why not use a Sub Hydreigon, but use it in Sun instead? This has honestly been one of the coolest mons I have ever used. If it gets under a Substitute, it more often then not gets a kill and it's very easy to get substitutes. With Tentacruel's without ice beam running around, and in sun, Rotom-W Hydro Pump can't even break the sub, it's easy to set up and start a sweep. While it can't necessarily OHKO a lot of the metagame, it 2HKO's the vast majority, and you don't even need timid for this guy. It's a basis for a lot of comebacks and sweeps I gain, in combination with smart playing.

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

One of the most overlooked, and underrated pokemon of the 5th generation, Lilligant is simply brilliant. Alice came up with this spread, and this allows Lilligant to survive CB Scizor Bullet Punch after rocks and kill with HP Fire, as well as survive Mammoswine Ice Shards.

Lilligant is such a great pokemon due to how independent it can be. While many sweepers rely on Chlorophyll to get quick kills, Lilligant is the opposite. Lilligant is able to sweep under the Rain, Sand, Hail, or Sun and only uses Sun as a bonus for extra speed if you need a quick Quiver then and there. After 1QD in Sun, Lilligant KO's many common threats such as Terrakion, Ferrothorn, etc. Using Lilligant without Quiver Dance is dumb, don't do it.

Conclusion​
In conclusion, this is just a very fun team for me to use and pass time with. I have other serious teams, but the pacing of this team matches my style and can catch a lot of people off guard. Of course it can lose, but it obviously wins most of the time. It's biggest threats being Expert Belt Landorus, Chansey, Gliscor, and Mammoswine. While common, they can all be played around and beaten, the synergy of this team really works well and is a lot more successful then one gives it credit for.

Enjoy guys.

Props
Alice - Helping me with the team and inspiring me to use Lilligant, the little bulk it does have goes a long way. Your constant use of pushing me to use CB Terrakion and with some of my other sets really inspired this team.
Bloo - Being a bro, playing this team all the time.
Fatecrashers - For the beast banner.
Faint - The reason im here today.

Peace my nigs.

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Flamethrower

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is a really cool team, and its awesome that you're using lilligant, since it seems way out of the box. (its also pretty much my favorite gen 5 mon :D)

stone <3333

Bloo

Banned deucer.
This team is absolutely phenomenal and has 6-0ed me more times than I can count. I stole this team the moment I saw you use it and it was the best competitive decision I've made in a while, seeing as it's the reason I'm currently in 2 semifinals and one quarterfinal in the Tournaments forum.

You and Alice are masterminds in the team-building field and I will most assuredly be voting this for best RMT for The Smog Awards, and I encourage everyone to do the same, while leaving this thread a nice little luvdisc along the way!

Thank you for gracing us with such a beautifully crafted team, and for 6-0ing Haunter, also known as Alucard, approximately 9 times with Lilligant alone. I appreciate it, and I'm sure many others do too.

Having used this team in every single one of my st8 matches, I can attest to how unique and effective it is. Thanks for sharing this team stone!

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I really love this team.

I might mess with the Heatran set a little bit. You could always try either Earth Power or Dragon Pulse/HP Ice over Protect. That could help with your Dragonite and Terrakion weakness since you could hit them on the switch in.

Haha, I remember you said you were going to make this RMT, replying to my comment on making Lilligant OU through this RMT. Although I really didn't expect it to be posted this early, and I thought it would be months until that actually happened...

I'm sure it's a great team. And I don't think I should even dare post something to change it, because I know you're way better than I am.

Anyways, I'd laugh if Lilligant actually goes OU because of this.

This is a pretty cool team. Dugtrio can give you some issues, but it does let Lilligant set up. There's nothing really to change except maybe Air Balloon on Ninetales or Heatran. A very nice team.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey Stone_Cold, really solid and well-balanced team. Your sun team is the most original I ever seen in today´s metagame considering you sweep with the underrated Lilligant and Sub Hydreigon while using Toxic Stall Gliscor. Cant really make a reliable recommendation due to the fact that each member of your team does its job exactly as required on this team.

I could suggest using Mamoswine on your team to deal better with Gliscor & Landorus, but cant find a spot to fit him in. Anyways good job on making this awesome team :).

Yeah really solid team man, it's really hard to try and pick out weaknesses on a team like this, revolving around the skill of the player as opposed to anything else. Tbh the only thing messing you up besides trio is lum berry Dragonite with EQ, since it can get a DD on Heatran pretty easily while it sets up sr, any attempts to Toxic it will just meet Lum. Lilligant eats Extremespeed, while Gliscor can't set up Sub much if nite is in a boosted outrage or even waterfall buttered punch. A pain to play around but yeah, just something to note even if that one variation isn't too common. Again, really good team.

Seems too much like a high-risk, high reward team for me (as mentioned in the intro, this is a VERY frail offense-oriented squad), and as it's so dependent on not making mistakes that will lead to a quick KO or two on the foe's part, I don't think I'll use this one.

Good presentation, great concepts. Given me a lot to think about. Don't think you're going to get a much better testimonial than Snunch there, though!

Quite a fantastic read and an awesome team. On the ladder or even in tournament matches, you rarely ever see a creative variant of Sun or any team rather.

Alice also inspired me to use CB Terrakion a lot. In Rain, Sun, and non weather. To the point where I used it so much, all my buddies used to tell me "Lizard stop running CB Terrakion on every single team."

While I could rate it, BW OU is all team matchup anyway. I am sure you guys are aware of what is threatening and what the team can and cannot handle.

You guys are two of some of the most awesome people I know on Smogon, and it was always great talking and hanging with both of you. Cheers. ^^

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'd consider roar on heatran to help against boosting sweepers like cm latias and dd nite, but this team is incredible. 6/6 stars.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
52 Luvdisc in less than 2 hours! How amazing!

A full rate coming up later. Good job! :)

Brilliant team, no changes needed seeing how you play around threats.

Im ready to see people spam this team on ladder. >.<

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
awesome team, love the use of hydra on the team as well, its just too good

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus

Great team! You could try Scarf Hydreigon over your current set to revenge kill Lati@s and Salamence if they switch into/set up on Lilligant or Ninetales. Sure you could put dragons to sleep with Lilligant, but they'll probably know you're carrying Sleep Powder and sac their most dispensable poke. With Hydreigon hanlding opposing dragons, Heatran won't need to take as many hits so a minor change of Air Balloon over Lefties could help with your Mamoswine, Landorus and Gliscor weaknesses.

Hydreigon | Choice Scarf
Modest | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor | Fire Blast | Focus Blast | U-turn

Just some stuff to consider, luvdisc'd :)

What about an acrobatics gliscor? The threats you listed for your gliscor specifically can be handled by lilligant, and although you stated that you dont want threat suggestions, what about a guts conkeldurr?

You can delete this post, but I'm just curious as to how you would handle that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)