★ The Pokémon Village ★

Christian

Usque ad finem et ultra
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Checking out your thread)

Hmmm....... (Thinking)......

(Reading your rules first)

Hey Christian, Good to see you again! Your thread looks nice. :)

May I ask if you could cmt for that Jolly Zarude, please?

I haven't been active for a long time and I have been occupied with my job so I probably might not have anything to trade for something like that pokemon (Because it looks to me that you might have every pokemon that I have to offer on my thread)

If you don't see anything on my thread that you want in return and if you choose to decline my request, that's fine. I'll respect your decision. ;)
Greetings! I had to update the CFW on the Switch but now I'm able to clone again and I just cloned the Zarude for you. You can have it for free. Either message me here, via PM, Discord or Facebook when you'd like to pick him up. :)

Christian

Usque ad finem et ultra
04/03/2022 UPDATE (Small changes + 6 new Pokémon)
Greetings to all. The following changes have recently been applied to the thread :quagchamppogsire::

• Updated general Introduction and added trade thread Index (Post 1).
  • Merged the Pokémon from the "Legendary Pokémon" sections to their respective generations.
  • Updated star shiny icon:
  • General nickname revamps and fixes (more to do).
  • Some Wormhole Pokémon got recaptured with better spreads via CitraRNG (0 Atk ones).
New Pokémon:

#212. “Mifune” (
) ♂
OT: Christian | ID: 001337 | Alola (Sun)
Impish - Technician
31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Knock Off | Roost

The nickname is a reference to Mifune (ミフネ), a master swordsman and samurai warrior in Naruto. He wields the katana "Kurosawa" (黒澤, "black swamp") and is widely renowned as a master of Iai — a style of swordsmanship which involves the user rapidly unsheathing his blade to slash the enemies, and then re-sheathing it after completing the attack. Mifune's mastery of Iai is such that Hanzō and others have stated how it was useless to try and perform hand seal-induced techniques against him. The speed and precision of his strikes are able to inflict a lethal blow on his opponent without staining the blade with blood, and even slice open the head of a large summon creature such as Ibuse. "A blade that is kept keen becomes a legend to be inherited by future generations and endures!".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#324. “Terrorpene” (
) ♂
Quiet - Drought
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Eruption | Heat Wave | Solar Beam | Protect

The nickname is a reference to Terrorpene, an enormous fire turtle featured in the World of Warcraft MMORPG developed by Blizzard Entertainment in 2004. Terrorpene lives in the fire near Sulfuron Spire and is known for being the only lavatortoise to be tamed by hunters. The gray smoke that spouts from volcano on his nose is quite an attraction for those who wish to catch him.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#773. “Sirrush” (
) Ø
OT: Christian | ID: 122080 | Alola (Ultra Sun)
Naive - RKS System
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
Swords Dance | Multi-Attack | Crunch | Flamethrower

The nickname is a reference to the Sirrush, a creature from ancient Mesopotamian mythology. It is a mythological hybrid, a scaly animal with hind legs resembling the talons of an eagle, lion-like forelimbs, a long neck and tail, a horned head, a snake-like tongue, and a crest. The Sirrush most famously appears on the reconstructed Ishtar Gate of the city of Babylon, dating to the sixth century BCE. In fact, in 1902 the German archaeologist Robert Koldewey brought the Ishtar Gate to light: a semicircular arch covered with glazed bricks of different colors, built under the reign of King Nebuchadnezzar (605-562 BC), that marked the point from which a very wide road branched off, protected by mighty walls. On the door there were three animals depicted: the lion, the rimi (aurochs) and the Sirrush.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#793. “Jung” (
) Ø
OT: Chris | ID: 828229 | Alola (Ultra Moon)
Timid - Beast Boost
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
Stealth Rock | Power Gem | Sludge Wave | Knock Off

The nickname is a reference to Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961), a Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst. His theory, known in Jungian psychology as either death of the ego or psychic death, can fittingly relate to Nihilego as a creature with no ego, only having the Id, the portion of the human psyche governed by impulses and pure instincts. The death of the ego is an absolute dissolution of the ego into the unconscious, a complete loss of subjective self-identity: consciousness is emptied and the ego is swallowed, because "its contents are attracted by the unconscious as by a magnet". Jung goes on to explain it as a “shift back to the existential position of the natural self”. Ego death is an extremely powerful experience which can be incredibly rewarding: "By sacrificing the self and the separation that is inherent to selfdom, you are gifted the keys to the kingdom of unity and selflessness. You destroy yourself and gain the world".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#812. “Maryām” (
) ♀
OT: Chris | ID: 058531 | Galar (Shield)
Timid - Torrent
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Dark Pulse | U-turn

Maryām (מרים) is the Judeo-Amaraic variant of the biblical name Miriam (Prophetess Miriam, the sister of Moses). The name may have orginated from the Egyptian language and has a long tradition of scholarly etymologisation: Eusebius of Caesarea, translates the name as "drop of the sea" (stilla maris in Latin), from Hebrew מר mar "drop" (cf. Isaiah 40:15) and ים yam "sea".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#862. “Ziggy” (
) ♂
OT: Chris | ID: 236669 | Galar (Sword)
Jolly - Guts
31 | 31 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Obstruct | Knock Off | Facade | Close Combat

The nickname is a reference to Ziggy Stardust, the fictional character created by English musician David Bowie, which was Bowie's stage persona and alter ego during 1972 and 1973. In various interviews, Bowie confirmed that the '50s rocker Vince Taylor was the main inspiration for his character. Ziggy Stardust is an androgynous, alien rock star who came to Earth before an impending apocalyptic disaster to deliver a message of hope. His exuberant fashion made the character and Bowie himself staples in the glam rock repertoire well into the 1970s, defining what the genre would become.
"Ziggy really sang
Screwed-up eyes and screwed-down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan..."
"Ziggy played guitaaaar"

Last edited:
Hyia Christian, this is a voluntary stick-up. I've spotted some of your mons that I'm interested in, and will now commence the robbery - if you agree!

I'm interested in your Typlosion “Adranos”, Furret “Diana”, and your Qwillfish “Harisenbon”. Could you please CMT for them, and let me know if anything catches your eye?

Additionally, if you still have them in Gen 7, I would strongly prefer to receive them there: but it's okay if this is no longer the case.

Thanks!

Christian

Usque ad finem et ultra
Hyia Christian, this is a voluntary stick-up. I've spotted some of your mons that I'm interested in, and will now commence the robbery - if you agree!

I'm interested in your Typlosion “Adranos”, Furret “Diana”, and your Qwillfish “Harisenbon”. Could you please CMT for them, and let me know if anything catches your eye?

Additionally, if you still have them in Gen 7, I would strongly prefer to receive them there: but it's okay if this is no longer the case.

Thanks!
Greetings, Blizz! I can get these Pokémon for you, no problem at all. Also, you can have them for free since you have considerably helped me in the past, trading me Pokémon for free in your GAs but also trading multiple Pokémon of yours for just one Pokémon of my collection.

And yes, I generally keep copies of the Pokémon I get in Gen 7 as well so I can trade them to you in Gen 7, if you prefer so. I will DM you on Discord too coordinate this. :sphearical:

Christian

Usque ad finem et ultra
04/27/2022 UPDATE (8 new Pokémon)

#169. “Carruthers” (
) ♂
Timid - Infiltrator (HA)
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Nasty Plot | Sludge Bomb | Air Slash | Heat Wave

The nickname is a reference to Paul Carruthers, a chemist and physician appearing in The Devil Bat, a 1940 black-and-white American horror/howcatchem film produced by Producers Releasing Corporation (PRC). Carruthers is offered a $5,000 bonus from his employers for his contributions to the company, a pittance compared to the million dollars in income the company earned from his work. Embittered and insulted, he seeks revenge and develops a system in which ordinary bats are enlarged to massive size, training them to be drawn to a new, pungent aftershave he is testing. After many murders, his plan is discovered by reporter Layton who dumps a sample of the aftershave on Carruthers, leading the bat to attack and kill its own master.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#184. “Fran” (
) ♀
Adamant - Huge Power
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Belly Drum | Aqua Jet | Play Rough | Knock Off

The nickname is a reference to Fran (フラン), a fictional character in the Final Fantasy series of video games. She is a member of the Viera race, a group of rabbit-like humanoid people. Her title is "Master of Weapons", as the viera are known for their extraordinary craftsmanship, grace, and intellect. She has a "rabbit tail" style decorative piece at the small of her back, even if not noticeable as her hair obscures it most of the time. "You've let your eyes betray your heart".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#185. “Arcadio” (
) ♂
OT: Chris | ID: 420218 | Galar (Shield)
Jolly - Sturdy
Stealth Rock | Head Smash | Wood Hammer | Sucker Punch

The nickname is a reference to José Arcadio Buendía, the family patriarch and main protagonist in One Hundred Years of Solitude, a 1967 novel written by Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez. After a life spent as a charismatic, forceful and always-curious visionary man, at the end of his life he becomes mad and, to keep the town safe, he is tied to a chestnut tree in the backyard of his house, thereafter speaking only Latin. In this way, he is also euphemistically tied to the family tree, a recurring scheme and theme in the whole novel. The Safari Ball, Gen 8+ exclusive on Sudowoodo, and its camouflage/military pattern can link to the the long interlude of civil wars, military uprisings and banana-republicanism, which is included in chapters 6-9.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#189. “Wataame” (
) ♀
Jolly - Infiltrator (HA)
Swords Dance | Sleep Powder | Seed Bomb | Acrobatics

Wataame (わたあめ) is a Japanese feminine name, being also the word for "cotton candy". The inspiration for this nickname came from the Jumpluff sprite featured in the Gold&Silver Spaceworld 1997 demo where Jumpluff is pictured as a pink cat with a ball of cotton upon its head, resembling a cotton candy. The Love Ball matches with shiny Jumpluff color palette but, hey, could match with a cherry flavored cotton candy as well!

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#428. “Shamaya” (
) ♀
Jolly - Klutz
Fake Out | Switcheroo | Healing Wish | U-turn

Shamaya is a variant of the Hebrew feminine name Shemaiah (שמע-יה), meaning "God Heard". Credits for the nickname go to Shachaawaq.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#445. “Mundus” (
) ♂
Jolly - Rough Skin (HA)
Swords Dance | Scale Shot | Earthquake | Fire Fang

The nickname is a reference to Frank Mundus (1925-2008), a fisherman and charter captain based in Montauk, New York who is said to be the inspiration for the character Quint in the movie and book Jaws. Mundus started out as a shark hunter (Monster Fishing), but later became a shark conservationist. Up until his death, he chartered out his boat Cricket II for those seeking the thrill of big game fishing.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#598. “Trevor” (
) ♂
OT: Chris | ID: 058531 | Galar (Shield)
Relaxed - Iron Barbs
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 0
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Leech Seed | Protect

The nickname is a reference to Trevor Belmont (トレバー・ベルモンド), one of the main protagonists in the Netflix original series, Castlevania. He is a monster hunter and the last descendant of the Belmont family, who were (wrongfully) exiled and excommunicated. One of his weapon, the Morning Star, found at the Belmont Estate during his plan to defeat Dracula, is a whip consisting on a long metal chain with its tip endsing in a heavy metal ball with spikes protruding from it. "Trevor has a quick whip and even quicker wit. He's not one to be messed with". The Fast Ball was chosen because it connects to the light orangish of shiny Ferrothorn's body, and, ironically, was also chosen to contrast with its nature and IV spread.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#687. “Akkorokamui" (
) ♂
Careful - Contrary
248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Knock Off | Superpower | Rest | Sleep Talk

The nickname is a reference to the Akkorokamui (アッコロカムイ), a gigantic octopus-like monster from Ainu folklore, equivalent to the Nordic Kraken, which supposedly lurks in Uchiura Bay in Hokkaidō.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)