ORAS OU ♛Red Malice♛ M-Scizor Offense (1731 ELO Peak/78% GXE)

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
upload_2016-6-14_18-45-45.png

upload_2016-6-14_18-46-17.png

How's it going Smogon! GeniusX here and today I'm here to present a team built around Mega Scizor. Scizor has always been my 2nd favorite Pokemon for a long time now and I have never built a serious team around it. So today I will be presenting a Scizor team I built during my exam period! Instead of going with the Bulky SD Scizor, the Offensive SD set really stood out to me as a sweeper, and that is how this team started.​
Proof Of Peak
upload_2016-6-14_18-46-44.png

upload_2016-6-14_18-46-59.png

upload_2016-6-14_18-47-7.png

upload_2016-6-14_18-47-15.png
upload_2016-6-14_18-48-15.png

As I stated above, Scizor was the starting point of the team. I wanted a offensive build so Offensive SD was my choice.

upload_2016-6-14_18-48-31.png

Offensive support Latias pairs extremely well with Scizor while providing Healing Wish Support, Hazard Removal and a Keldeo check.

upload_2016-6-14_18-48-44.png

Azumarill finishes up my DSF core while checking threats to my previous mons such as Zard X.

upload_2016-6-14_18-49-6.png

Garchomp offers a electric resist and a relatively good check to Bird Spam. He also provides a secondary sweeper and strong ground STAB.

upload_2016-6-14_18-49-18.png

I needed some more weather control and rocks so I added lure Ttar. Ttar also adds another Talonflame/Pinsir check.

upload_2016-6-14_18-49-18.png
upload_2016-6-14_18-49-29.png

Last but not least, we have the glue, Thundurus. Thundurus provides speed control and another way to deal with bulky waters and Skarmory.​
upload_2016-6-14_18-47-44.png

@

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Bug Bite

Bullet Punch

Swords Dance

Superpower

Why I chose Scizor
Steel types are such a menace in OU right now because of all the due to there high defensive stats, ability to check dragons, and most importantly, being able to take the monster that is Clefable and many other fairy types. This is why I decided to build around Scizor. I went for Offensive SD Scizor since I wanted to apply much offensive pressure as possible and outspeed certain defensive mons such as Zapdos and Spdef Heatran. Scizor also has amazing priority that functions as a great revenge killer coupled with a great ability in Technician. This Scizor mainly cleans up late game or sweep with its coverage moves.

EV Spread and Nature
Standard EV spread, hits hard and fast as possible. Adamant>Jolly since the extra speed isn't that much needed tbh and I'd rather hit harder.

Moves Explanation
Bug Bite
- A great STAB boosted by Technician, hitting relevant threats such as Rotom-W, Celebi, Mega Slowbro, Jirachi, and Mega Venusaur. Overall a great coverage move that has no drawback in using, and can even steal some berries to hinder your opponents strategy.
Bullet Punch - Mandatory for any Scizor. A revenge killing tool once again boosted by Technician. With good power and priority, it can sweep teams with ease once weakened. It threatens out notable threats such as Weavile and can bring insane pressure to your opponent.
Swords Dance - This boosts Scizor offensive capabilities greatly and turn Bullet Punch into a murdering tool. This allows Scizor to sweep team with ease or apply offensive pressure to open up a wall for another sweeper to sweep on the team. Overall a solid move to use on predicted switches and aids Scizor greatly in sweeping.
Superpower - Superpower vastly improves Scizor's coverage and firepower against Steel-types, hitting (and likely OHKOing) most for super effective damage, as well as punching huge dents in neutral targets such as Skarmory, opposing Scizor and Keldeo. Most of the time, the combination of BP and Superpower can sweep through whole teams by itself.

What it lacks
This Scizor lacks consistent recovery and can very well be worn down by consistently taking chip damage and entry hazards damage. It sometimes heavily require Healing Wish support and Defog Support. Lastly, its glaring 4x weakness to fire and slow base speed means it can easily be lured and killed with the right coverage such as HP Fire.

@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Defog

Draco Meteor

Psyshock

Healing Wish

Why I chose Latias
Latias have a exceptionally good offensive and defensive synergy with Scizor; both can switch into powerful Fire, Water, and Electric type attacks aimed at Scizor, while Scizor itself can switch into Ice, Dragon, and Fairy type attacks. Latias provides a much needed check to scald that is mandatory on every team and reliably check many fighting types while having a great speed tier. This is also one of my ground checks. Its strong hitting STABs are also worth mentioning as they can be hit on both the special and the physical sides of the opponent. But probably the most important is that fact that it offers hazard removal and niche healing wish support.

EV Spread and Nature
A Timid nature and maximum Speed investment is used to outspeed base 108 Speed Pokemon such as Keldeo and Terrakion and tie with opposing base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Gallade, Latios, Latias, and Gengar. The given EV spread lets Latias avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Stealth Rock damage and also hits a Life Orb number.

Moves Explanation
Defog
- The form of hazard removal on my team. Latias is the arguably the best defogger in the tier and it's pretty much mandatory on support Latias. Hazard removal is quite important on this team since no reliable recovery means members are prone to being worn down and put it in range of certain moves.
Draco Meteor - Strong STAB Dragon move. 2 Draco Meteor hits harder then 2 Dragon Pulse so I prefer the sheer power. Double STAB was preferred over BoltBeam coverage because this team isn't necessary for this team.
Psyshock - Psychic STAB, pretty much on any psychic type nowadays. Psyshock is definitely preferred over Psychic due to the fact it hits on the physical side of the spectrum as well. Allowing it to deal with Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Breloom while giving it a way to hit Fairy-types.
Healing Wish - The main niche for using Latias over Latios. This move allows me to "revive" one of my sweepers since they can be worn down fast and be exposed to status.

What it lacks
Again, no reliable recovery, prone to being worn down by life orb. Since I am using Healing Wish over Roost, repeatedly switching into mons such as Keldeo can easily wear her down. Latias also doesn't hit hard as her brother Latios and misses out on some crucial KO.​

@

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Play Rough

Waterfall

Aqua Jet

Knock Off

Why I chose Azumarill
Azumarill finishes off my Dragon Steel Fairy core. It provides a check to Charizard X that completely
wrecks my previous 2 Pokemon after a DD. Water Fairy is a really good typing that supports this core immensely and Band Azumarill offers so much power in this meta. With the combination of Scizor and Latias, checks to Azu such as M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Tentacruel, Clefable, Slowbro, and Mew can be easily weakened for Azu to clean in the end with Aqua Jet. Azu also has decent bulk to back up it's excellent typing and helps get rid of mons such as M-Sableye and Dark types for other members of the team. Azu's strong cleaning ability compliment well with Scizor since this team doesn't have much speed and priority is much needed.

EV Spread and Nature
The given EV spread hits a Speed stat of 157, which allows Azumarill to outpace uninvested base 60 Speed Pokemon, such as Clefable and Sylveon. 252 Attack is to hit hard as possible and the rest is dumped into HP to increase general bulk.

Moves Explanation
Play Rough - Strong hitting fairy STAB, obliterates anything that doesn't resist it. With Azumarill's Huge Power Ability, this move takes care of some very potent threat for my team such as Char X.
Waterfall - Water STAB used to take care of Fire types such as Heatran. Although you will be mostly spamming Aqua Jet, Waterfall is still a nice move to have for mons that you outspeed and resist Play Rough. You can replace this slot with Double Edge to take of mons such as Venusaur better, but with the combination of Scizor and Latias, I wouldn't recommend changing it.
Aqua Jet
- The move you'll be clicking most of the time. Aqua Jet offers Azu much needed priority
due to its low speed. Able to make Azu a formidable Revenge Killer and Cleaner. Late game, when other members have broken holes through your opponents defense, this move can clean up easily.
Knock Off - Coverage move for Bulky Psychics and item removal. As the second best move in the game, it really comes in sometimes in removing opposing items so the rest of the team has a better time fighting. I chose Knock Off over Superpower since I don't like happing drops on Azu as it is pronce to being set up bait and Item Removal just comes in handy way too much.

What it Lacks
The main problem for Azu is that it can be easily predicted and that it can't switch around it's move freely due to Choice Band. But the extra power is definitely worth the trade as this little bunny hits way too hard.​

@

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance

Substitute

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Why I chose Garchomp
I had no electric resist on my team, no way to stop Volt-Turn, so the ground type I decided on was Garchomp. Garchomp also stops bird spam which is a big threat to this team. Garchomp also provides a secondary sweeping opportunity, and can bait slower Wisp using mons using Sub. I opt for Yache Berry as a lure for fast electrics such as M-Manectric because they are a pain to offense. Even though this set doesn't have the best defensive capabilities, I find this set to be better then Tank Chomp on this team. With strong sweeping capabilities, he can open holes for either Scizor or Azumarill to clean up.

EV Spread and Nature
Garchomp has a surprisingly good speed stat and in tandem with Jolly/Max Speed, it can outspeed base 100 speed tier which is saying a lot. The rest is pretty standard 252 atk to hit hard as possible. If you want to run salac berry then put 12 Evs form Atk to HP for Salac to trigger after 3 subs, but I prefer Yache.

Moves Explanation
Swords Dance - Swords Dance turns Garchomp into a terrifying sweeper, allowing it to 2hko almost the entire meta excluding Skarmory. Doubling Garchomps attack, this move can be used when predicting a switch to a defensive wall such as Gliscor or Hippowdon.
Substitute
- Substitute with Yache may not sound like a good idea, but it works. Substitute is for mainly sweeping teams who don't have fast mons to deal with Chomp and is used on predicted Status or a switch to faster mons such as Lati Twins.
Dragon Claw
- One of the 2 STABs. Even though it doesn't have much power as Outrage, with the +2 boost from SD, it doesn't miss out on notable KOs. On the plus side, it doesn't force Garchomp to be locked into a move and get taken out by a Fairy.
Earthquake
- Reliable STAB with high base power and accuracy. A move to use on predicted roosts, M-Mane once they realize you are Yache, and just a overall move you will be spamming all the time. It also plays mind games with Lati with the combination of EQ and Dragon Claw. Btw +2 EQ has 20% chance to OHKO CM Clef.

What it Lacks
Even though this Garchomp has sweeping capabilities, its a very shaky check to a lot of physical checks since it's not invested in defense. Also, using Yache > Leftovers means Sub wears Garchomp down a lot and can't check certain mons such as Talon and Pinsir.​

@

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Crunch

Ice Beam

Stone Edge

Stealth Rock
Why I chose Tyranitar
This whole Ttar set is just a lure lol. Anyways, Ttar is here who a secondary Bird/Zard Y Check, the ability to control weather a bit, and most importantly, set up rocks. Rocks are quite important to this team as it allows Scizor and Azu to net some crucial KOs while also pressuring mons that threaten this team such as Zard and Talon to come in. Chople allows Ttar to lure Gengar and Mega Zam since once you reveal rocks, they probably won't think you're scarfed and proceed to try and kill you with Focus Blast. Both mons are quite threatening and if Ttar successfully lures them, it helps the team a lot.

EV Spread and Nature
I'm going to be honest, I have no idea, so I'm just going to copy form Smogon Dex. The given HP and Defense EVs allow Tyranitar to survive an Earthquake from +1 Dragonite and KO back with Ice Beam, assuming Multiscale is not intact. They also allow Tyranitar to take two +1 Dragon Claws from Mega Charizard X after Stealth Rock damage. The rest of the EVs are tossed into Special Defense to help Tyranitar take special attacks better, such as Latios's Draco Meteor and Heatran's Fire Blast.

Moves Explanation
Crunch - Strong dark STAB to hit Psychics and Ghosts (Hello Lunala). Ran over pursuit since most likely once rocks is revealed they won't think you're scarf and crunch is better overall being able to kill mons such as Starmie.
Ice Beam - Ice Beam is a effective lures on mons such as Defensive Lando, Tank Chomp, Gliscor and stuff. I find this option to be great for this team because if the previously mentioned mons are weakend, it helps tremendously in Scizor or Garchomp sweeping.
Stone Edge - Stab to deal with Talonflame, Pinsir (After soaking up CC using Chople), and Zard Y (Using Chople to tank Focus miss). Just another Bird check tool as it is very threatening to this team.
Stealth Rock
- You should know what this move is for.

What it Lacks
It lacks the ability to live a HJK form a M-Medicham even with Chople. Seriously though, Ttar lacks speed. Even though it is able to outspeed the most crucial mons such as Lando, sometimes being wisped by a Talonflame isn't good at all.​

@

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Thunder Wave

Thunderbolt

Focus Blast

Hidden Power [Ice]

Why I chose Thundurus
Right now, the team outright loses to Skarmory and has no speed control. So why not add Thundurus? Thundurus also provides another way to deal with bulky waters while not dealing with scald burns. With prankster thunder wave, it stops mons that outspeed my whole team. While also having high base special attack and bolt beam coverage this thing fits perfectly onto the team. He also works well with Azu and Scizor because they eliminate Lati Twins, Clefable, Celebi, and Mega Altaria while Thundurus take care of steel types.

EV Spread and Nature
A spread of 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe gives Thundurus as much speed and power as possible while giving it an odd HP number, reducing the damage it takes from Stealth Rock. A Timid nature increases Thundurus's Speed, enabling it to outspeed base 110 Speed Pokemon.

Moves Explanation
Thunder Wave - Prankster gives Thundurus priority on Thunder Wave, allowing it to cripple sweepers and faster attackers. This gives the team much needed speed control and shuts down many threats to this team.
Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt is Thundurus's main offensive move, acting as a reliable STAB move. This allows Thundurus to be another check to Bird Spam and many flying types in the tier. This is also the first half of the Bolt Beam coverage.
Focus Blast - Focus Blast provides powerful coverage on Pokemon that resist Electric such as Ferrothorn, while also hitting specially bulky mons such as Tyranitar and Heatran. If you are really worried about Quagsire, you can also run Grass Knot.
Hidden Power [Ice] - Second part of the Bolt Beam coverage, being able to hit most ground types that is immune to Tbolt, is a very solid choice on a fast electric type such as Thundurus. Picking off mons such as Lando also helps aid my team in sweeping.
What it Lacks
Prone to get worn down by Life Orb, rocks and most importantly, doesn't have really good bulk. Meaning if I stop a sweeper, normally my Thundurus has to go down, and even if it doesn't, it probably means rocks has to not be on the field for it to come back in again.​

upload_2016-6-14_17-50-4.png

upload_2016-6-14_18-26-48.png

Since this is a Offensive team, I don't expect to have a switch in to everything, so these are just the mons that apply a lot of pressure to play around.

Fast electric apply a lot of pressure with Volt Turn combos to HO and it's no exception for this team. If Garchomp is unable to lure them in with Yache and take them out, it's going to be a hard time taking these down.

HP Fire Serperior can sweep my team if Thundurus is gone. If Thundy is down and this monster is at 80% or above, click X or pray for BP crit into A jet.

HP Fire everything that is normally taken care of by Scizor. These mons can be checked easily but have to be played around carefully since Scizor can be baited. Although if they do run HP Fire, it means they sacrificed one of there coverage slots and can be taken down once you scout out the moveset.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for checking out my RMT!
-GeniusX

upload_2016-6-14_18-41-9.png

http://pastebin.com/nxtxwpt4

Last edited:
Hi! This looks like a cool offensively orientated team which is something that I like to see, I have a few suggestions that hopefully can help out.

Your team is a tad weak to Bisharp to remedy this, I'll suggest TankChomp because as is physical attackers like Mega Lopunny can pretty much pressure you from the start of the game. TankChomp also lives HP:ice from most of the offensive electrics, so you're fine on that front as well.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

My next suggestion is to run Choice Scarf Tyranitar, because this eases the electric matchup, it gives you a bit of speed control, and is probably a more reliable way to check those three to be honest.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

The next is a suggestion for a change, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth makes your match up versus stuff like Mega Lopunny and SD Lando-T way better while at the same time you'd have to sacrifice something else on the team. You could try this out over Thundurus but then facing some setup sweepers becomes way tougher. One positive of running this is that then SD Yache Garchomp can be played more easily, because you won't need to be reliant on Garchomp to get chip damage off on stuff. Might want to compress roles then and run SD/SR Yache Garchomp then though.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

You should test both with and without Tangrowth tho imo

Also one of the threats for the team I feel you omitted is Weavile. It literally destroys half of your team, while Azumarril/MScizor can switch in one has no recovery and the other won't appreciate having its Band knocked off. So one mon that could definitely work over Azumarril, is Specs Keldeo; this also helps vs Volcanion a little bit, but again this is optional.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Changes:
TankChomp>Sd Chomp
ScarfTar>Chople Tar

Suggestions to try out:
Rocky Helm Tang>Thundy w/ SD+SR Yache Chomp
Keld>Azu

Enjoy!

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hi! This looks like a cool offensively orientated team which is something that I like to see, I have a few suggestions that hopefully can help out.

Your team is a tad weak to Bisharp to remedy this, I'll suggest TankChomp because as is physical attackers like Mega Lopunny can pretty much pressure you from the start of the game. TankChomp also lives HP:ice from most of the offensive electrics, so you're fine on that front as well.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

My next suggestion is to run Choice Scarf Tyranitar, because this eases the electric matchup, it gives you a bit of speed control, and is probably a more reliable way to check those three to be honest.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

The next is a suggestion for a change, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth makes your match up versus stuff like Mega Lopunny and SD Lando-T way better while at the same time you'd have to sacrifice something else on the team. You could try this out over Thundurus but then facing some setup sweepers becomes way tougher. One positive of running this is that then SD Yache Garchomp can be played more easily, because you won't need to be reliant on Garchomp to get chip damage off on stuff. Might want to compress roles then and run SD/SR Yache Garchomp then though.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

You should test both with and without Tangrowth tho imo

Also one of the threats for the team I feel you omitted is Weavile. It literally destroys half of your team, while Azumarril/MScizor can switch in one has no recovery and the other won't appreciate having its Band knocked off. So one mon that could definitely work over Azumarril, is Specs Keldeo; this also helps vs Volcanion a little bit, but again this is optional.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Changes:
TankChomp>Sd Chomp
ScarfTar>Chople Tar

Suggestions to try out:
Rocky Helm Tang>Thundy w/ SD+SR Yache Chomp
Keld>Azu

Enjoy!
Thanks for the rate! I tried out a lot of your suggestions and here are my thoughts on them. Before testing, my initial thought on the changes is that it may make the team too passive, but that wasn't the case at all!

For Garchomp, I did try tank chomp before and I didn't like it that much, but now that you mention it, I think tank chomp is probably the more viable choice here.

Scarf Tar is nice, but I do miss the ability to lure fat grounds. I tried scarf tar with beam>superpower, but a tar locked into ice beam is set up bait for 75% of the meta. Although I am not 100% decided on this change, I am currently leaning towards scarf tar.

Tangrowth is honestly too passive lol. I tried it out and I do prefer thundurus a bit more but thanks for the suggestion!

Like you said, my team is weak to bisharp and Weavile. Although I find myself being able to play around them with the appropriate plays, Keldeo as a check is definitely nice. However, I am undecided on this change as this makes my team extremely weak to some mons such as Zard X after 1 DD. I will definitely get back to you on this change once I play more games!

Once again, thanks for the rate and I really appreciate it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)