SV OU #1 - 2100 ELO (Proof below) - THE END OF THE WORLD

Introduction :

Hello everyone, I'm back with an other team to share with you. Here we go with a sun featuring Choice Band Gouging Fire :gouging-fire:. As I will show with calcs, the mon is completely absurd on sun with a choice ban allowing to OKHOing every non resising mon with the tera fire. The set is not mine, but I wanted to push the set on a new team on an other level. The goal will be to outdamaging most of the opposing team before cleaning the game with some of our mons.

The End Of the World :
:gouging-fire: :hatterene: :torkoal: :walking-wake: :kingambit: :raging-bolt:
https://pokepast.es/317005944679f186

first.png
1706348000532.png

Teambuilding Process :

First of all, I saw once a Band proto speed Gouging Fire :gouging-fire:, I really like the idea but not the team so I wanted to push this set to his absolute limit on a team based around him.
88/168/252+ allowing our :gouging-fire: to have the proto boost on speed and give a virtual speed of 463, outspeeding all the meta besides :deoxys-speed: ,other booster mon like Valiant :iron-valiant: or Boulder :iron-boulder:. The mon doesnt need extra damaging power as I will show with calc bellow :
:kyurem: 168 Atk Choice Band Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem in Sun: 414-487 (105.8 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:volcarona: 168 Atk Choice Band Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Volcarona in Sun: 466-549 (124.5 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (allowing the team to have a good way to revenge kill volcarona.
:zamazenta-hero: 168 Atk Choice Band Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Zamazenta in Sun: 225-265 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Preventing Zama to come on the switch.

And now, the spicy part. What happenend when we tera fire Gouging :gouging-fire: ?

:dragapult: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Raging Fury vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Dragapult in Sun: 357-420 (112.6 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:gliscor: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Raging Fury vs. 244 HP / 248+ Def Gliscor in Sun: 312-368 (88.6 - 104.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
:great-tusk: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk in Sun: 402-474 (92.6 - 109.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
:garganacl: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Raging Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Garganacl in Sun: 201-237 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
:dondozo: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Raging Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo in Sun: 166-196 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO Important because preventing dozo to rest stall us.

So, here the set, Raging Fury is an Outrage fire type move with a based 120. It's a move that can be spam pretty easily unless some fire immunity like Heatran :heatran: or really big resisting mon that will come on revenge kill :garganacl: :dondozo: or some Tera defensive mon like skarm :skarmory: tera dragon. It's basicaly a free button vs a ton of teams but in some cases you will need to click our second fire type move : Flare Blitz. 120 BP but with a 33% recoil that will cheap our Gouging fire. We're not playing Heat Crash because of the BP variation. We need Flare Blitz for some big pokemon like :kyurem: or :zamenta-hero: if we cant spam Raging Fury. Then EQ, really important for Heatran :heatran: Tyranitar :Tyranitar: or Ceruledge :ceruledge: when he has Flash Fire. Lastly, dragon claw is the second stab move that can allow our mon to take the kill vs Raging Bolt :raging-bolt: or dealing huge damage vs other Gouging.

:raging-bolt: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Dragon Claw vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 354-416 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
:gouging-fire: 168 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Gouging Fire Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 288-338 (82 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Because of we're playing Gouging without boots, this makes our team kind of weak to hazard set-up. But we have one of the best support mon on Sun, her name is Hatterene :hatterene:. Her goal will be to provide hazard set-up and give a free switch with the Eject Button. The set is simple Healing Wish is here to heal a mon that have been statued or low life. It can also be used early in the game for latter. If you dont know, Healing Wish mechanic's change on the 8th generation. The heal applied to the first mon to si on the terrain that is not full life (Hazard damage doesnt count, the heal come before the damage). So Healing Wish can be also used as a safe switch out move here. Nuzzle is a good way to paralize target, 100% accuracity and goes trought Good as Gold gholdengo :gholdengo:. Tera water can be an emergency way to Nuzzle Volcarona :volcarona: sometimes. Water is better than the steel base, allowing us to have a weapon vs other sun like Walking Wake :walking-wake:.
248/208+/52 provides a maximum bulk on the physical side to take hit from offensive tusk that are boosted with the sun. 52 speed give enought speed to outspeed toxapex which we can phaze out latter on the game.

Torkoal :torkoal: is the sun setter and the rock setter, it will be the lead 80% of your games. We take profite of his excellent bulk and the repart 248/252+ to have a strong enought physical bulk, and a good base for Body Press. 8 spa can be used to have a better chance of 2okho offensive Tusk :Great-tusk:. Lava Plume is a good stab that can burn the target preventing some mon to SD or BU on Torkoal. Body Press is a cool addition that can beat Tyranitar :Tyranitar: on the switch, in fact, we prefere Body Press over Yawn (RIP little move) to have a chance to get rid off Tyranitar. Tera Fly is a really occasional but sometimes cool Tera to give the team a ground immunity (Yeah we're not baloon Gambit). Sometimes, it can be used to get rid off the opposing tusk or lando and dealing good damage with Lava Plume.

Walking Wake :walking-wake: is the second breaker of the team, and a perfect partner for our Gouging. Wake with his insane water move will get rid off the common check to Gouging such as Heatran :heatran: Garganacl :garganacl: or some ground defensive type like Landorus-T :landorus-therian:. Giving it a Proto speed provides a really good speed control for the team, beating all non booster mon. Only Valiant :iron-valiant: and Boulder :iron-boulder: will naturally outspeed the team. Hydro Steam is the main 120 Bp stab on sun, absurd move, nothing really to say lol. Draco Meteor is a second stab that will deal a ton of damage versus water resisting mon. Last Flamethrower will become a Pseudo-Stab on sun that can take the kill vs some perticular mon, or giving an other spamming move vs some water absorb mon such as Ogerpon-W :Ogerpon-wellspring:. Last, I choose Flip Turn to give us a pivoting move that can be used vs big sponge like Slowking-G :slowking-Galar: or Blissey: and take an advantage with the rest of the team.

Why playing an other mon that have more power on sun when we can play Kingambit :Kingambit: ? Our favourite emperor is here to give us a really strong priority and a good way to clean games. 252/252+ to give us a way to outspeed Skarm :skarmory: and Corvi :corviknight: and beat them with a strong dark move boosted by glasses and sometimes by the tera.

:corviknight: +2 252 Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Corviknight: 393-463 (98.2 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
:dondozo: 252 Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 226-266 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO If the opponent has already tera, it's kind of over.

One of the goal of the team will be to completely destroy the defensive core of the opponent to allow Gambit to easily cleaning the game. It works also as a good way to revenge kill some mons, and give us a good resistance to ghost move (hello Dragapult :dragapult: )

The last member of the Apocalypse Squad is Raging Bolt :Raging-bolt:. 64 HP / 28 Def / 252+ SpA / 164 Spe is the classical spread to allow the big neck to have a maximum bulk while being an absolute offensive monster. Here, we dont play 3 moves + CM. We're are monkey, so we play 4 brainless move to click in all situation. Thunderbolt and Draco Pulse are the main spamming move, giving us a way to get rid off of defensive water mon or defensive water mon such as Gliscor :gliscor:, Glowking :slowking-galar:.. Dpulse is here for ground mon and some dragon mons like other Bolt, Gouging, Draga... Weather ball is a spicy move that can be used on sun and on rain matchup, giving us a strong move that beat some grass mon, Gholdengo :gholdengo:, Excadrill :excadrill: Iron Treads :iron-Treads:. The tera fairy is the best way to prevent revenge killing on this mon with some strong mon like Dragapult :dragapult: or Archaludon :archaludon:.

You can play an other version of Gambit :kingambit: here. I recommand baloon too, adamant, low kick tera fight, allowing a free set up on ground mon and giving a way to outbreak dozo :dondozo: with tera fight.

How to use Tera with the team ?

I will do some specific explication on how to use Tera here. All the fire power of the team is base on a good use of the Tera. First of all, I know you all want to tera Wake and Gouging, BUT, before doing that, you need to answer some questions. Is spamming Raging Fury safe ? What happened if my opponent tera his own mon to have an answer ? Is there a mon that can set up on my Raging Fury spam ? Same with Wake, Can I spam my hydro move safely ? And last of all, is there a threat in the opposing team that will requires me to have a defensive tera. For example, you see a full life Dragonite :dragonite:, is it a good idea to Tera Wake or Gouging ? The answer is no, it's saffer to keep the tera for Gambit, or Raging Bolt that can beatdown Dnite pretty easily once they tera. Besides being a Sun, you need to understand if you will use the tera as a defensive weapon or offensive one. Dont tera turn 1 if you hard lose after.

Counter :

Here the list of core, and mons that can be annoying for the team :

:archaludon: Arch is not the most annyoing mon to face, but it's the only way to rain to not hard lose. YES, this team has a good match up vs rain, the only threat is this guy. So how do you beat him ? Well you need to cripple him, you will either sack Wake :walking-wake: or Raging Bolt :raging-bolt: on him after dealing him a ton of damage. The goal will be to deal him at least 60% of his life so the rest of the team can RK him pretty easily. Using tera is a good way to beat Arch, dont be afraid to click the button.

:Garganacl: Garg can be annoying with Tera, in fact he can naturally stop Gouging and Wake dealing absurd damage, so how to play around ? Not really hard, if he doesnt tera, Wake will burst the salt wall. If he becomes water type, :raging-bolt: will become an insane mon and will be pretty hard to deal with. Last, if he became fairy, Wake and Bolt could continue spamming their moves, and Gouging will be able to completely destroy Garg. Pretty simple.

:alomomola: :dondozo: :clodsire: : Ok so i beat this ? Well it becomes trickier, but the main issue here will be gambit with the tera; forcing the opponent to go Dondozo or taking insane damage on others mons. You can pretty much sack 2 3 mons, dealing some damage, and start destroying the core or forcing a tera that will help the team.

:great-tusk: Wait. Is this team weak to Tusk ????? That's sucks. NO, come back, Tusk is not problem unless you start doing shit, I'm here to teach you, no worries. Tusk become a problem if you allow him to rapid spin against the team or BU. You have a lot of tools vs Tusk, but if you start being passive you will hard lose.

:dragonite: It's a scary mon if the opp plays well. Once Dnite takes damage, it's fine, you will be able to kill him with every of your mons. But keep Tera the longer when you see Dnite, it can be useful with Bolt :raging-bolt: or Gambit :Kingambit:

:Gouging-fire: Is this guy a threat ? Yes if he set up 2 dragon dance, sooooo, I think you know what you will need to do. Dont be passive once again, be agressive, do some hard switch to prevent this one to set up twice. Or you will had to do mind games with Gambit :Kingambit:

:volcarona: The only way this guy can be threatening will be if he has a defensive tera, such as dragon to stop both Wake :walking-wake: and Gouging :gouging-fire:. You will still outspeed with the proto booster, so sack a mon that directly force a kill on Volca to be able to RK Volca.

There is some more threats to the team, but if you play well, you can beat pretty much everything. This is not a perfect team, but it has good tools to make you a stronger player, climbing the ladder and start understanding what are the biggest threats on the meta. Some people will ask if this mon or this one could be a threat. I post here the hardest to deal. Some of you will be sweep by some mons, some tera, but you will learn how to deal with !

Replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2044062568?p2 vs Ho
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2044015866?p2 vs Rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ou-742376 Play in SPL, you can have a lesson to play it against some difficult MU. Some changes were made

Dont have that much replay, I dont save that often. Have fun using the team :))

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cool RMT, I'm a big fan of the Gouging Fire set just to show how stupidly easy it is to use.

where's that guy that birthed triple dino in the ou thread? this is the pinnacle.

quacc good luck, they'll switch to adamant hehe

252+ Atk Choice Band Protosynthesis Tera Fire Gouging Fire Raging Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo in Sun: 252-297 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Adamant Gouging Fire users when I show them adamant Roaring Moon, adamant Great Tusk, and adamant Slither Wing (harder to deal with)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)