NOC 11p gen 1 closed setup (D4 End: Dec 25 at 5 PM PST)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Big rip that I doubted myself out of a celever scumread D1, I thought celever might have just been a really nooby player because of how they were tunneling me.
In fairness literally nothing you said in your case was true. I didn't scumslip, which is why I was genuinely vexed in my responses to you because everything you were saying was wrong but you happened to be tunnelling the right target for it anyway.

Tilt-tunnelling isn't nooby imo it just means the initial case was wrong 99% of the time. Even when scum are faced with a case, optimal play is to concede where the case is right but point out why it's not conclusive. When anyone is faced with a case that's completely wrong, tilt-tunnelling often happens because they're faced with what looks like opportunistic scum.

That's why it was an easy sell that you were wrong. Because you were haha.

Tbh I thought Celever actually scumslipped by implying he had my discord (when he asked if he could call me Charlie) but nobody thought it was weird. I know Tommy mentioned it in thread already but when he made that post and Former said he found a scumslip I was kind of panicking lmao

Celever

i am town
Tbh I thought Celever actually scumslipped by implying he had my discord (when he asked if he could call me Charlie) but nobody thought it was weird. I know Tommy mentioned it in thread already but when he made that post and Former said he found a scumslip I was kind of panicking lmao
I was wondering why you never replied to me LMAO, I've been wondering what you'd rather be called all game.

It v much was in response to Tommy saying it in-thread dw dw.

Celever

i am town
ftr we also knew every townie was VT (which is why we played the way we did, kinda)
We did have plans to claim PR if our backs were up against the wall early on, knowing it wouldn’t be counterclaimed. But that never had to happen aha.

It was nice that we didn’t have to PR hunt with our nightkills or even worry about a doc save though.

personally i think 9v2 mountainous hidden info is already against town somewhat but i guess fair enough -- honestly just wish tbz was subbed out earlier because it was clear he wasn't gonna do anything, and it gave maf either the opportunity to nightkill him and give town literally 0 info (not that town really looked into why anyone was killed during the night anyway apart from bgb d4), or to wagon him for inactivity (which is what they ended up doing)

town had a disastrous d1 as it turned out (myself included), wagons on shubaka/bgb/former, sb and celever being generally townread

i was kind of all over the place this game, was trying to go through all the possible scumteam combinations and which ones made sense (using the assumption that there were 3 maf lmao), i was kind of flipflopping between dusk/bgb/x and sb/shubaka/one of celever or caffbo but i just couldn't bring myself to scumread bgb, i think they had the best reads this game and i just love their style of play in general, big fan x

i think by the end of night 2 i was 1) convinced that one of dusk/celever was pocketing the other and 2) leaning more towards a scumteam of celever/shubaka/sb, but like, even w/ that i still was just as likely to have been voted out d3 over getting maf out, celever had a strong d1, and neither had any *very* scummy moments other than moments from specifically my PoV which seemed scummy (like sb's scumread of me and celever agreeing w/ it) -- i think i need to take responsibility for my own reads a lot more rather than just piggyback on other people's reads from players stronger than me, like i was doing w/ former re: their bgb+dusk scumread and celever townread, because celever was pinging me constantly d2 but i kept on going 'ooh but it could be duskfall still' when everything they were doing seemed much more towny

celever/sb did well to get town to lose motivation this game, d3 and d4 were just graveyards lol, i think if town were more active (tbz, shubaka, maybe bgb a bit more) then we could've got something from this game

but yeah ggwp, celever/sb overall did an excellent job and deserve the win

forgot to mention, i scoured pokebeach forums night 2 looking for any games in which celever was maf and couldn't find a thing, so celever if this was your first time playing and rolling maf in a while then yowsa that's impressive

Celever

i am town
forgot to mention, i scoured pokebeach forums night 2 looking for any games in which celever was maf and couldn't find a thing, so celever if this was your first time playing and rolling maf in a while then yowsa that's impressive
I actually don't remember the last time I was mafia. I think I subbed into a game on like Day 4 at some point and was mafia but low efforted it but that must've been at least a year ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if the last game where I was mafia from the start was over 2 years ago.

So yeah tbh you probably wouldn't have gotten too much from reading past games anyway. I haven't played much since, but I also doubt that my play would be comparable really now compared with back then so I was just winging it this game :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)