SM OU [+1900] Parfait

===============================================

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to this RMT. I'm playing with this team that I've built since December 2018 and I wanted to show it to you since I've made some good results with it recently. This team was built around Kyurem Black, which is one of my favorites pokemon in the OU Metagame. Now, let's go to the team showcase, enjoy!

Teambuilding Process

As I've said before, Kyurem Black is the starting point of the team. It is my win condition almost every time.

I've chosen Scizor-Mega alongside KB to have a quite good core. It deals with a lot of KB's weaknesses and It can bring KB on the field with its U-turn.

Since my core doesn't resist Fire typing-move, I've chosen Heatran to avoid a bit this weakness. It is a good Specially Defensive mon, so it's very helpful for the core. Also, it can set the rocks on which is good to weaken the opposing mons and let KB or Scizor finish them.

I needed a mon which could resist fighting typing moves and a mon which could be helpful as a scarf. Also, I needed a ground immunity. Fortunately, Lando-T was there.

I've chosen Tapu-Fini because I needed a defogger and a Pokemon which have taunt. Also, it helps me to deal with Ash-Greninja and Landorus-Therian, Fire types and Dragon types. It is also my Dark-type check.

Finally, the last mon I've chosen was Z Move Kartana. It helps me against stall, and with its great movepool it can hit some annoying mons.

In-Depth Look

@

Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP | 128 SpD | 128 Spe
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Heatran is here to set the rocks on and to deal with special attackers. Thanks to Flash Fire, it gives to the team a good Fire typing coverage. Protect is here to check on which move a scarf, specs or band mon will be locked-in, in addition to allowing it to heal himself. Toxic is here to annoy pokemons like Charizard Y, Zapdos, Chansey... Magma storm is here to have an offensive fire coverage, and to trap pokemons like Chansey or Zapdos to toxic them. Finally, 128 Speed allows it to outspeed Adamant Tapu-Bulu or without speed EVs Rotom-Wash.

@

Ability: Misty Surge
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP | 108 Def | 88 SpD | 64 Spe
- Taunt
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Defog

Tapu Fini is my Defogger and my main Ash Greninja, Pyrax, Heatran and Keldeo check. With taunt, it prevents the opponent from setting up the hazards, or sword dance, or heal himself... u got it. Also, it provides a good check to fire types that are quite annoying for Kartana and Scizor. Moonblast to hit Dark types and dragon types, surf to hit Fire types and Ground types. I've chosen Surf instead of Scald because I think Surf is more useful while I don't need to burn Tapu-Bulu on the switch because I have Scizor which checks Bulu. 64 Speed allows me to outspeed Adamant T-tar. 108 Def allows it to avoid getting 2OHKOed by +2 Hawlucha's acrobatics after Stealth Rock. 88 SpD permits it to check more efficiently Ash-Greninja and Heatran.

@

Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 232 Atk | 68 Def | 208 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus is my scarf. It is here to give a ground immunity to the team which is uncomfortable against an Earthquake without Lando. Stone edge to OHKO Zard Y which is a real threat to my team, U-turn to help KB coming on the field and Knock off to remove the item especially when Chansey or another Lando is coming. 208 Speed allows it to outspeed all of the Megas without a speed boost, and to outspeed some scarfed mons like Nidoking while 68 Def allows it to avoid getting 2OHKOed by non-banded Kartana's leaf blade.

@

Ability: Light Metal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP | 214 Def | 48 SpD
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

It is my Mega and my defensive pivot. I've chosen Curse instead of Sword Dance because since Zygarde is banned, curse almost disappeared on Scizor-Mega's set, so it creates a lot of surprise for my opponents. Curse is also very useful because it allows Scizor to check really well Kartana, Tapu-Bulu or Lopunny-Mega. Also, it can set up on them. It can set up himself on almost every physical attacker in the game (without a fire move). It can set up himself on passive defensive/specially defensive mons, like Chansey or Ferrothorn. And of course, U-turn allows it to bring up KB really safely. 248 HP and 214 Def gives it a really good physical bulk to check physical attackers, and 48 SpD allows it to not get OHKOed by specs Ash-Gren's Hydro Pump and to tank quite well special attacks.

@

Ability: Teravolt
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 SpA | 4 Atk | 252 Spe
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

The trapstar. The l e g e n d of my team. Thanks to Teravolt, Kyurem-Black checks Mega-Venusaur, which is a very annoying mon for my team. It is the most oppressive Pokemon in my team for my opponents, thanks to the bolt-beam combo which hit almost every pokemon in the dex and earth power who complete his coverage by hitting really well Heatran and Rotom-Wash. With its really decent physical bulk, I can switch it on neutral / resisted physical moves which is great to pressure the opponent. I use it really often as my lead.

@

Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
- Sword Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Kartana is the last Pokemon of my team. With its monstrous attack and its good speed, it is a fear for every player. At +2, it destroys Celesteela with the Z Fight. Leaf Blade allows it to check Gastrodon Swampert-Mega, Rotom-Wash, Garchomp and Toxapex, which are common pokemons. At last, Smart Strikes is here to do massive damages to Fairy types and to Magearna (after a Sword Dance).

Threatlist

: Its coverage beats literally every pokemon in the team. If you fail to Toxic him or if you miss Stone Edge, you have lost.

: It's not Swampert who's a threat. It's Rain teams in general. You need to make the good plays if you want to win against them.

: It can be annoying depending on its set. You will need to anticipate a bit, and scout it.

Conclusion

Overall, I think that this team is really strong in the actual metagame. I've taken a lot of fun to build it and to play it (even if it's like 5 top tiers and one really good pokemon lol). I hope you enjoyed reading this RMT, I'm waiting for your suggestions! At last, excuse me if my English is not really good and if I make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, I'm a Frenchie lol. See ya guys!

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 88 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Defog

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 214 Def / 48 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Last edited:
Very cool team, the only thing I would change is to put Natures Madness on fini, as that can be effective against stall, especially after a taunt.
Also, I find it a bit funny that KB is your wincon and yet is the only pokemon on your team to get kod in any of the replays. Nevertheless, great team for sure.

Very cool team, the only thing I would change is to put Natures Madness on fini, as that can be effective against stall, especially after a taunt.
Also, I find it a bit funny that KB is your wincon and yet is the only pokemon on your team to get kod in any of the replays. Nevertheless, great team for sure.
Ahah you're right, I've shown my last replays where I've sacrified it a bit early. But in the most of my battles, it is my wincon (Scizor as well, but shh). Ty for your suggestion, I take notes! :)

EDIT : I've added a replay where KB do the job.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)