Open Challenge

2 vs 2 singles NFE
2 recoveries/5 chills
ASB arena
all abilities
Sure, I'll take this one.

Items=Training
Switch=KO
I Will be your ref, go ahead and send me the mons.
We are gathered here at the asb arena to introduce our friend Dinosaurdan into the realm of ASB. I Classical (Call me classy) will be your ref for this shindig. Now let us get this show on the road to VICTORY! From now until the end of the match. PIE

NOW TO INTRODUCE THE MONS!

The Wanderer said:

Axew [Anonicus] (Male)

Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities: Rivalry, Mold Breaker, Unnerve (DW)
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Unnerve (DW, Locked): The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 57
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks (14 total):

Level Up:
Scratch
Leer
Assurance
Dragon Rage
Dual Chop
Scary Face
Slash
False Swipe

Egg:
Focus Energy
Reversal
Counter

TM:
Dig
Aerial Ace
Protect

Necturine [Fion] (Female)

Nature: Relaxed (+1 Def, -15% speed, -10 Evasion)
Type: Grass / Ghost
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming “powder” attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities: Anticipation, Telepathy (DW)
Anticipation: (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and reduced the Base Attack Power from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion by two (2).
Telepathy (DW, Locked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 44 (-)
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/6
MC: 0

Attacks (12 total):

Level Up:
Leer
Vine Whip
Ominous Wind
Shadow Sneak
Toxic Spikes
Will-O-Wisp
Hex

Egg:
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Sketch

TM:
Protect
Psychic
Torment
DinosaurDan said:

Klink(*) (genderless)
Nature: Lonely Adds one (1) Rank to Attack, Subtracts one (1) Rank from Defense
Type: Steel
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Abilities:
Plus:(Innate) This Pokemon possesses a positive electrical charge, when a partner Pokemon with Plus or Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their Base Attack Power by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Minus, the boost stacks. A Pokemon can get a maximum of two boosts between Plus and Minus.
Minus:(Innate) This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge, when a partner Pokemon with Plus or Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their Base Attack Power by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Plus, the boost stacks. A Pokemon can get a maximum of two boosts between Plus and Minus.
Clear Body DW: (locked) (Innate) This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)
Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 30
Weight Class: 2

EC: 0/9
MC:0

Attacks:
Vicegrip(*)
Charge(*)
Thundershock(*)
Gear Grind(*)
Bind(*)

Shift Gear(*)
Discharge(*)
Mirror Shot(*)

Hidden Power Grass, 7(*)
Volt Switch(*)
Flash Cannon(*)>

Slugma (*) (female)
Nature: Brave Adds one (1) Rank to Attack, Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Abilities:
Magma Armor:(Innate) This Pokemon has a heated armor that makes it incapable of being frozen.
Flame Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Weak Armor DW: (locked) (Can be Enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.
Stats:
Atk+: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
Spe-: 17
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 12
EC:0/6
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Yawn(*)
Smog(*)
Ember(*)
Rock Throw(*)
Harden(*)
Recover(*)
Flame Burst(*)

Earth Power(*)
Memento(*)
Stockpile(*)

Fire Blast(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Hidden Power Grass,7 (*)

Colosshale (*) (male)
Nature: Naughty Adds one (1) Rank to Attack ,Subtracts one (1) Rank from Special Defense
Type: Dark/Water
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Rebound: (Can Be Activated) The Pokemon is able to bounce one layer of an entry hazard back from their side of the field to the other side with their immense strength and intuition.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Flare Boost (DW): (locked) (Innate) This Pokemon's body can harness the heat from a burn into internal energy, fueling its mental capabilities. When Burned, the Pokemon's special attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk+: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD-: Rank 2
Spe: 85
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 9
Base Rank Total: 16

EC:0/6

Attacks:
Leer(*)
Takle(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Bite(*)
Rapid Spin(*)
Body Slam(*)

Fake Out(*)
Fire Fang(*)
Water Spout(*)

Roar(*)
Earthquake(*)
Rock Slide(*)
I bid the peace before us farewell.
Dino, you send out a Poke first
Then wanderer sends one out and orders
Dino then orders
I ref
Dino Orders
Waderer orders
Repeat.

But before I go!

Hp/En: 90/100
Other:

Hp/En: 90/100
Other:

The Crowd Roars. The stress causes you to sweat. The grip on your pokeball is slipping. I raise my flag, the crowd gets louder as the orb is released. Welcome To Anime style Battling! A dragon and Cogs appear. Blue Flames and A hasty smirk come from the Cretaceous Dragon, they damage the little cogs but not enough as it rearranges for BATTLE STATIONS! It then rushes in toward its enemy, no adrenaline pumping, only cool calculations. Both gears slam into the Dragon, inflicting solid damage. The Dragon stares down the gears, in a way its cool conscious can't comprehend, lowering its guard! The misnomer in its head doesn't last for long and it against smashes the dragon for hefty damage. It quickly returns fire with two quick stabs of its own. Its Relatively even ground as we sit here. What will happen next?

Action Prima
Axew Used Dragon Rage!
10 Damage
-4 Damage

Klink Used Shift Gear!
Success!
-7 En

Action Duo
Klink used Gear Grind!
To hit: 6302/10k = Hit
To Crit: 8657/10k = No
To Crit: 9857/10k = No
(10+3+4.5-3) = 14.5 Damage
-5 En

Axew Used Leer
Success!
-4 Energy

Action Tria
Klink Used Gear Grind
To Hit:6538/10k = Yes
To Crit: 2767/10k = No
To Crit: 8594/10k = No
(10+3+4.5-3) = 14.5 Damage
-9 En

Axew Used Dual Chop
To hit: 3687/10k = Yes
To Crit: 2722/10k = No
To Crit: 3667/10k = No
(8+3+6-4.5)*.67+1.75 = 10.125 Damage
-5 En

Hp/En: 61/87
Other:

Hp/En: 70/79
Other: Gear Grind (3A), -1 Def

Hp/En: 61/87
Other:

Hp/En: 70/79
Other: Gear Grind (3A), -1 Def

The shark (Axew) and the jet (klink) stare each other down. A lone snap is heard. Another, It seems like we have a rumble on our hands. The jet strikes first going straight for a headlock, but the shark blocks it. The sharks have a party to go to later and don't want to ruin their new shirts. But this is their territory and they aren't about to back down! A few hits bob in and out. Nothing Landing. They both back off, The jets looks like he's charging. Maybe Getting a weapon Ready? A quick "Sorry Maria," is heard. The Sharks throw a big rock at them, hitting them, first blood of the rumble. Suddenly a jet whips out with a big chain at all the sharks. They were ready. One of the sharks Pulled out a pipe and deflected it. Making sure everyone was safe.

The next flavor will be pokemon oriented I promise. But I listened to west side story score and OH MY GOSH ITS SOOO GOOD.

Act 2 Scene 1
Ax used Protect
Success
-9.25 En

Klink used Bind
Protected!
-4 En

Act 2 Scene 2
Klink used Charge
Success! +1SpD
-8 En

Axew Used Dragon Rage
10 Damage
-5 En

Act 2 Scene 3
Ax used Protect
Success
-10.685 En

Klink used discharge
-6 En

Hp/En: 61/62
Other:

Hp/En: 60/63
Other: Charged (4a)

I think you got the numbers wrong, Krumpke. I'm pretty sure Klink's HP is at 51 while my Axew's still at 70. Regardless...

"<I'm afraid I have no fondness for musical numbers...>"
Dragon Rage -> Reversal -> Dragon Rage

Actually I messed up the numbers after R1 and meant to go back and edit it after I wrote flavor. I just forgot. I will not edit fix everything!

Hp/En: 61/62
Other:

Hp/En: 60/63
Other: Charged (4a)

Flavor inbound soon.

Action Prima
Axew Used Dragon Rage!
10 Damage
-5 En

Klink Used Discharge
To Crit: 4191/10k = No
To Para: 9368/10k = No
(8+3)*.67 = 7.37 Damage
-6 En

Action Duo
Axew Used Reversal
To Crit: 604/10k = CRIT
(6+3+1.5)*1.5 = 15.75 Damage
-4 En

Klink Used Bind
To Hit:9073/10k = Miss
-4 En

Action Tria
Axew Used Dragon Rage
10 Damage
-5 En

Klink Used Gear Grind
To Hit: 8045/10k = Hit
To Crit: 7600/10k = No
To Crit:89/10k = Yes
(10+3+2) = 15 Damage
-7 EN

Hp/En: 39/48
Other:

Hp/En: 34/46
Other: Charged (1a)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Round 4 Start!

HP: 39
EN: 48
Other: None
VS

HP: 34
EN: 46
Other: Charged (1a)
Arena Notes: None
Axew used Protect!
-8 EN

Klink used Bind!
dmg = [3] = 3
-4 EN

a2

Klink used Gear Grind!
hit = 6036 = yes
crit1 = 435 = yes
crit2 = 2863 = no
dmg = [5+5+3+2] = 15
-7 EN

Axew used Counter!
dmg = 15*1.5 = 22.5
-14 EN

a3

Axew used Reversal!
crit = 8097 = no
dmg = [8+1.5]*1.5 = 14.25
-3 EN

Round 4 End!

HP: 24
EN: 23
VS

HP: 0
EN: 0
Other: Punched Out

dinosaurdan sends out
wanderer orders
dinosaurdan orders

Stratos

Banned deucer.
okay wanderer, i don't think dinosaurdan will be able to post for a while; i got this pm from him today:

dinosaurdan said:
Thank you for subrefing but sorry, something has come up and I won't be on Smogon for the next week. I probably need to forfeit the match because I won't be here for so long.
obviously i'm leaving the decision to DQ to you, so do what you will with this information

edit: i notice nobody ever actually set a dq huehuehue

Stratos

Banned deucer.
like a dumb i somehow thought wanderer still had to post

ok then let's do it

DAN your magma armor description is outdated - it now reduces incoming attack BAPs by 1 in addition to freezeblock

Round 5 Start!

HP: 24
EN: 23
VS

EN: 100
Other: none

Axew used Reversal + Reversal!
crit = 6750 = no
dmgS = [8*2.25+3-1] = 20
flamebody = 6118 = no
-24 EN
axew was ko'd!

Round 5 Start!

HP: 0
EN: 0
Other: sleeping with the magma-slugs
VS

HP: 70
Arena Notes: None​

that was a quick round

wanderer sends out necturine (auto)
dinodan orders
wanderer orders

I'll make sure to fix the Magma Armor description after the battle.
Ok Slugma, let's make this quick
Stockpile=>Fire Blast=> Fire Blast

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Round 6 Start!

VS

HP: 70

Necturine used Psychic!
crit = 8784 = no
drop = 5776 = no
dmgS = [8] = 8
-7 EN

slugma used stockpile!
-8 EN

a2

Necturine used torment!
-10 EN

Slugma used Fire Blast!
hit = 9289 = yes
crit = 332 = yes
burn = 5373 = no
dmgN = [12+3+3]*1.5 = 27
-7 EN

a3

Necturine used Psychic!
crit = 9462 = no
drop = 5171 = no
dmgS = [8]-1.75 = 6.25
-7 EN

slugma couldn't move due to the whorement!

Round 6 Start!

HP: 63
EN: 76
VS

HP: 56
EN: 85
Other: Tormented (4a), +1 Def, SpD (1r)
Arena Notes: None​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)