ORAS OU 1st OU Team in a while. Appreciate your thoughts on it.

Rate my team out of 5?

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey Pokefans ! I'm Rudy A.K.A EmperorRaval and I have made my return to competitive battling. (not that anyone cares)
Anyways I have really lost my form due to my absence especially in OU. I'm completely oblivious of Gen 6 since i left Pokemon during the release of X&Y so feel free to help me out on that matter.
All thoughts on this team appreciated.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Brave Bird
Skarmory is cliche , but for a reason. Defensive tank that can take on many strong attackers like Tyranitar , Salamence , Gyarados etc. Keeping it away from SP.ATTACKERS is the best advice i can give.

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
Well , this is just one of those random picks for a dragon-type that I did. Thankfully it turned out pretty amazing. Really , I've fought Ampharos-Mega a few times and used it once , after it sets up agility it is UNDESTRUCTABLE. Due to modest nature it's sp.atk just increases phenomenally. As i read on smogdex , It can also be a great counter to scarfchomp and other dragons (once set up agility) , which i've seen being used plenty of times. An all out attacker which can receive reinforcements in the form of HP by the next Pokemon on this list...

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
Medic of my team. SP.DEF tank . One of the few fairy types that i'm aware of :P.Hyper Voice boosted due to pixilate <3. What's not to like?
Thanks to user asgdf for the idea of replacing florges with Sylveon.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
The Lead Pokemon for my team, Talonflame is just great. Taunt is great for checking Stealth Rocks and other set-up moves. Bulkup is there because after a few boosts it is really difficult to take talonflame down. Brave Bird takes advantage of Gale Wings and hits HARD , like really hard especially after bulk-ups . Roost is there for the obvious.
Thanks to TheJayKay for the idea of replacing Breloom with Talonflame.

@ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Really the best dark-type in OU period in my opinion. Pursuit trapper, Sucker punch in crucial situations . Iron Head to deal with fairy types , overall making the team balanced with STAB moves + Blackglasses . I chose not to use life orb just because bisharp isn't great HP wise. Lati-twins are easily taken care of by Bisharp.
Thanks to TheJayKay for the idea of replacing Krookodile with Bisharp as without it my team would be destroyed by offensive fairy types.

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
Rotom-Heat is probably one of the best check pokemon i've ever used. It's variety is basically to gain momentum in mid-games (Volt Switch) and (somehow) tank Physical STAB moves too (to some extent), this quality is improved by adding will o wisp to its moveset . Pain-split is there for situations where in surviving or wearing down the opponent's pokemon is the motive . I chose Sitrus Berry instead of lefties because Pain Split is already there for the job and i feel like sitrus berry helps in difficult situations where initially HP gain is not really required.
Thanks to @asdgf for idea of replacing Rotom-Heat with Wash and userCallahan for replacing confuse ray with volt switch.

Yup this is not the most perfect synopsis on a not-so perfect team , so that's why i am hoping that any of your help or suggestions will greatly improve its quality.

Last edited:
Rotom-W makes a great momentum grab, therefore I recommend replacing confuse Ray with volt switch. and even though azumarill isn't a huge threat, 44 spe EVs out speeds azumarill so you can burn him

You have a nice team that is relatively balanced but there are a few changes I would make.

Firstly, your team is destroyed by offensive fairy types at the moment , namely CM Clefable so I would change some of the mons to cover your weaknesses. I would change Krookodile to Bisharp as it gives you a pursuit trapper and a more powerful Knock Off user. I would also change Breloom as it doesn't add much to your team. I think Talonflame would be nice as without Krookodile your team lacks a revenge killer and it gives you another resist to Fairy. Here are the sets I would use:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Secondly, I would make some changes to moves. Rather than having Skarm as a lead I think it would be better as a Physical Wall. This means you should replace Taunt with Defog and Spikes with Roost. This will allow you to recover health and remove hazards which is especially important now you have Talonflame and a Volt Switch user. Sylveon should use Hyper Voice instead of Moonblast as it gives it more power and the ability to hit mons behind a substitute. I would also give Sylveon some more Defensive investment so it can tank moves like Psyshock from the Lati twins. A spread of 252 HP/ 220 Def/ 36 SpD gives you the ability to do that. Callahan is correct in the points that he made and I would also suggest running Leftovers over Sitrus Berry for more reliable recovery.

You have a nice team that is relatively balanced but there are a few changes I would make.

Firstly, your team is destroyed by offensive fairy types at the moment , namely CM Clefable so I would change some of the mons to cover your weaknesses. I would change Krookodile to Bisharp as it gives you a pursuit trapper and a more powerful Knock Off user. I would also change Breloom as it doesn't add much to your team. I think Talonflame would be nice as without Krookodile your team lacks a revenge killer and it gives you another resist to Fairy. Here are the sets I would use:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Secondly, I would make some changes to moves. Rather than having Skarm as a lead I think it would be better as a Physical Wall. This means you should replace Taunt with Defog and Spikes with Roost. This will allow you to recover health and remove hazards which is especially important now you have Talonflame and a Volt Switch user. Sylveon should use Hyper Voice instead of Moonblast as it gives it more power and the ability to hit mons behind a substitute. I would also give Sylveon some more Defensive investment so it can tank moves like Psyshock from the Lati twins. A spread of 252 HP/ 220 Def/ 36 SpD gives you the ability to do that. Callahan is correct in the points that he made and I would also suggest running Leftovers over Sitrus Berry for more reliable recovery.
Wow thanks , i just realized that my team would be destroyed by Fairy Types. I put Moonblast instead of Hyper Voice because i didn't know Pixilate changes normal to fairy type moves (i'm new to gen 6). Also Bisharp does make a good replacement for krookodile. I'm confused for Choice Band on Talonflame though , because of roost being there (You know what i mean right ?).As for Skarm i completely agree. I will try the spread for sylveon and let you know . Fingers crossed i hope it'll be effective! I don't use Leftovers on Wash because pain split is already there to take care of it.Thanks for the suggestion! Appreciate it!

Wow thanks , i just realized that my team would be destroyed by Fairy Types. I put Moonblast instead of Hyper Voice because i didn't know Pixilate changes normal to fairy type moves (i'm new to gen 6). Also Bisharp does make a good replacement for krookodile. I'm confused for Choice Band on Talonflame though , because of roost being there (You know what i mean right ?).As for Skarm i completely agree. I will try the spread for sylveon and let you know . Fingers crossed i hope it'll be effective! I don't use Leftovers on Wash because pain split is already there to take care of it.Thanks for the suggestion! Appreciate it!
I've never tried Sitrus berry, so I won't speak about its effectiveness, but personally I enjoy the longevity of leftovers through the course of a match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)