ORAS OU 1st RMT Mega Scizor Offense (Peaked 1650+)

Hehehelloo everybody!! This is my 1st RMT and my second time writting in the forum so lets start with the team and i hope i don't screw it too much ^_^''

My little treasure

Team Building Process/In-Depth Analysis

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes

I started building the team arround this monster because after the ban of Greninja and the change on the meta i thought it was the best moment to build a team with it.
It is a great deffensive wall stopping things like Mega Gyara, Bisharp and Excadrill with its typing and stats and also beating 1v1 ferro with drain punch. I choose the standard deffensive set to maximize its bulk and been able to switch in easily and been able to set up spikes.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm (Thanks to aPandaCub)
- Stone Edge/Ancient Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

A great partner for Chesnaught as it takes care of fairy, psychic and fire types. Standard sp def but with a rock type move to take care of Talonflame and Charizard, i preffer Stone Edge because it can OHKO Char Y but if you don't want to risk the miss go for ancient power that can OHKO talonflame. Taunt for stopping set ups like Clef and stealth rocks because you know they are essential since gen 4.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Knock Off (thanks to Celticpride)
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor is a great mega at the moment because of its great bulk attack and typing. My main reason for using it was that is able to set up on Mega Gross and beat belly drum Azumarill. The EVs are for hitting as hard as possible while mantaining its bulk. BP is its main attack to sweep after a quick set up, bug bite is a powerfull second stab and roost to extend scizor's life.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Riakou is my main way of dealing with Thundi, Rotom-W and Slowbro been able to set up a CM and with that nice speed tier been able to outspeed 110 base speed mons. It can quickly set up a CM to endure special hits and then retaliate with a powerful +1 attack. I choose shadow ball over extrasensory because mega venusaur isn't a problem and is a great way of deal with mew because at +1 is a 2HKO.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

First i was using AV Azuma but i realize Latios fits greatly this team as it counts keldeo, mega venu and with surf it isn't walled by heatran, also it deals greater amount of damage to bisharp and tyranitar before been pursuit trapped. I thought of using it wi
th defog but it was a waste of a moveslot because i get rid of my own hazards and gives free set up to bisharp. Also my team ins't weak to rocks only teams that set up tons of hazards are dangerous.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Simply a fast heavy hitter, a great lead, and a charizard X check. The common scarf Lando-t that is in almost any team. But yeah it gives the team offensive momentum and kills fast threats like m-loppuny.
EVs to outspeed +1 adamant char X and max attack because i have enough deffense in the team.

THREAT LIST
Bulky Mega Altaria: That monster can take scizors BP, once inside is very difficult for me to get rid of it specially the one with fire blast, eq, hyper voice and roost as it hits all my team

Also hazards in big amounts deal more damage than the one i want for my team limiting a lot my switch ins, i tried to add a spinner but i can't take out any mon

Mega Venusaur+Tyranitar can also be a pain in the ass but with heatran+chesnaught I can play arround them

IMPORTABLE
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hope you like my first RMT n_n and i hope is the first of many.​

Last edited:
cool team not too many problems with it as it checks the meta pretty well. Some moveset changes are the evs on scizor make it have the standard set that smogon suggest also i think u-turn over bug bite is better especially going against stuff like heatran and incoming rotom but overall cool team. Only weaknesses i can see is stall thats why voltswitch on raikou might help you. Mega gyara is also a problem but roar on chesnaught can help you not get trapped by goth and also phase out gyara with spikes roar puts in work just not sure to replace with but most like spiky shield it just helps you scout. Cool team~

Boreos

Banned deucer.
Ur Team hates Azumarill,altaria-m and some other Fairys who can deal well with Heatran :/

I'd put Defog on Latios, but as you said nothing is weak to Rocks so Roost is fine. I'd use Earthquake over Surf on Latios if the goal is to hit Heatran and Tyranitar. Scizor's EV spread could use some adjusting. A slow bulky SD set could use some defensive investment. With an Impish Nature and 44 Defense EVs, it can beat Mega Lopunny consistantly. With 176 Special Defense EVs, it can take two Mega Gardevoir Focus Blasts. While you already have solid checks for those two in Ches and Tran, bulky SD Mega Scizor is a good back-up check (as well as checking tons of other stuff). I'd also run Knock Off over Bug Bite because of the better neutral coverage and has added utility in removing items. With the ease that Scizor gets to +4 when defensive, the loss of STAB is less noticeable.

Raikou can run Volt Switch over Shadow Ball. It may seem contradictory, but that forms a fast Volt Switch core with Scarf Landorus. That also gives you the option to boost or gain momentum depending on the situation. Volt Switch is more useful against offensive teams, CM is better for slower teams. Electric and Ice is already good coverage, and Raikou shouldn't be your Mew check either (Tran is much better at that). Finally, Scarf Landorus-T should run Superpower over Knock Off. That helps you revenge some DDers, in addition to Knock Off being a not so great move to be choice locked into. Superpower helps it beat Mega Gyarados and Ferrothorn notably, among a few other things. Luring Ferrothorn is the most notable use. Outside of that, really solid team.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 44 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Raikou can run Volt Switch over Shadow Ball. It may seem contradictory, but that forms a fast Volt Switch core with Scarf Landorus. That also gives you the option to boost or gain momentum depending on the situation. Volt Switch is more useful against offensive teams, CM is better for slower teams. Electric and Ice is already good coverage, and Raikou shouldn't be your Mew check either (Tran is much better at that). Finally, Scarf Landorus-T should run Superpower over Knock Off. That helps you revenge some DDers, in addition to Knock Off being a not so great move to be choice locked into. Superpower helps it beat Mega Gyarados and Ferrothorn notably, among a few other things. Luring Ferrothorn is the most notable use. Outside of that, really solid team.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 44 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

I agree with most of what you said, except running Superpower over Knock Off. Chesnaught is a near guaranteed counter to Ferrothorn and Gyarados-Mega, and while it is nice to have a back up, Scizor that is healthy can use Ferro to set up, and also take on Mega-Gyarados with Bug Bite, especially if he goes bulky.

I suggest running Substitute over Shadow Ball for Raikou, just because it can get a sub on things like Slowbro or Keldeo, or anything it can scare out.

The one weakness that I see to your team is that Mega-Venusaur can wall a big portion of it (Raikou, Scarf Lando, Tran, Chesnaught), and Latios can get worn down or pursuit-trapped based on team. I generally find that teams that have a Mega-Venusaur always run a lot of shit that Latios hates. Scizor cannot set up in fear of HP Fire.

I would suggest trying Magma Storm on Heatran over Lava Plume, so you can trap non-EQ Venusaur, and effectively remove it, giving a lot of your team breathing space. The combination of Magma Storm trapping Venu, doing decent damage, and doing chip damage, when combined with Taunt, will usually result in dead Venusaur.

cool team not too many problems with it as it checks the meta pretty well. Some moveset changes are the evs on scizor make it have the standard set that smogon suggest also i think u-turn over bug bite is better especially going against stuff like heatran and incoming rotom but overall cool team. Only weaknesses i can see is stall thats why voltswitch on raikou might help you. Mega gyara is also a problem but roar on chesnaught can help you not get trapped by goth and also phase out gyara with spikes roar puts in work just not sure to replace with but most like spiky shield it just helps you scout. Cool team~
Thanks for the advise. About changing scizors EVs i first tried the standar bulkier set with an impish nature but i realise i didn't need all that bulk because with my EVs i can OHKO 0 Def EVs mega Altaria after steath rocks without setting up a sword dance and seeing that thing is a problem for my team I decided to make it as strong as possible and I hadn't been in any occasion where u-turn woulb be more useful than bug bite so i preffer to mantain it or maybe switch it to knock off.

About chesnaught i don't need roar for mega gyara since it has to set up +2 atq to be a 2HKO with ice fang and now is not very common to see it with it also with spiky shield i counter regular bounce gyara.

I'd put Defog on Latios, but as you said nothing is weak to Rocks so Roost is fine. I'd use Earthquake over Surf on Latios if the goal is to hit Heatran and Tyranitar. Scizor's EV spread could use some adjusting. A slow bulky SD set could use some defensive investment. With an Impish Nature and 44 Defense EVs, it can beat Mega Lopunny consistantly. With 176 Special Defense EVs, it can take two Mega Gardevoir Focus Blasts. While you already have solid checks for those two in Ches and Tran, bulky SD Mega Scizor is a good back-up check (as well as checking tons of other stuff). I'd also run Knock Off over Bug Bite because of the better neutral coverage and has added utility in removing items. With the ease that Scizor gets to +4 when defensive, the loss of STAB is less noticeable.

I use surf over EQ for two main reasons Gliscor and Landorus-I, i know EQ is better for heatran but for me is easy to predict the swith and 2HKO with surf that also allows me to hit hard sp def SD Gliscor that is very common now and Landorus-I a pokemon that deals toons of damage to my whole team except Latios.

About Scizor as i said before with my attack investment i can OHKO 0 def EVs mega altaria after SR without a SD so I will left the EVs as they are. But changing bug bite for knock was something that i though in the past and i still think is very viable but bug bite allows me to 2HKO mega sableye so i think i will put both options so people can choose which one they prefer.

I agree with most of what you said, except running Superpower over Knock Off. Chesnaught is a near guaranteed counter to Ferrothorn and Gyarados-Mega, and while it is nice to have a back up, Scizor that is healthy can use Ferro to set up, and also take on Mega-Gyarados with Bug Bite, especially if he goes bulky.

I suggest running Substitute over Shadow Ball for Raikou, just because it can get a sub on things like Slowbro or Keldeo, or anything it can scare out.

The one weakness that I see to your team is that Mega-Venusaur can wall a big portion of it (Raikou, Scarf Lando, Tran, Chesnaught), and Latios can get worn down or pursuit-trapped based on team. I generally find that teams that have a Mega-Venusaur always run a lot of shit that Latios hates. Scizor cannot set up in fear of HP Fire.

I would suggest trying Magma Storm on Heatran over Lava Plume, so you can trap non-EQ Venusaur, and effectively remove it, giving a lot of your team breathing space. The combination of Magma Storm trapping Venu, doing decent damage, and doing chip damage, when combined with Taunt, will usually result in dead Venusaur.
I see both of your suggestions are bery use full for the team n_n

About substitute for raikou is very useful when i phase bulkier teams but commonly Raikous only task in the team is to get read of some annoying mons like mew and to be a late game sweeper and putting substitute may do raikous life be shorter.

About heatran although i don't like the miss chance and burns with lava plume are always nice i think you are right i need something so venusaur is less of a pain in the ass so i would change it thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)