1v1 at a tropical island! Blue_Tornado vs Son_of_Shadoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1vs1 Quadruples (yes i mean singles).
2-Day DQ, 2/5.
ONLY basic mons that can't evolve. Can people actually read this part for a change? Also, send in one pokemon at random, it's no fun otherwise.

Arena can be the host's choosing, get creative if you want, but nothing radical against a certain type of mon.
I accept.

Switch = troll.
NO! ITEMS! EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!
One ability.

I choose a standard tropical island at sunset, meaning Sunny Day is NOT in effect. Rockpools around the beachy area allow for rock and water moves to be used. However, Dig and seismic activity moves are not permitted, due to the fact that... Well, you try using Earthquake on a beach and see where it gets you.

Ref please?
hi

Slowpoke(*) [Serene] (M)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Water/Psychic
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Regenerator (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4 (+1)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (15 / 1.15v)

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Curse(*)
Yawn(*)
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Water Gun(*)
Confusion(*)
Disable(*)
Headbutt(*)

Future Sight(*)
Me First(*)
Mud Sport(*)

Dive(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Toxic(*)
Trick Room

Nidorina (*) [Amelie] (Female)
Nature: Rash: Adds * to Special Attack. Subtracts * from Special Defense.

Type:
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 56

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Poison Point -This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison. [Can be disabled]

Rivalry -This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attscks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen). [Innate]

Hustle (DW) - This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal. [Can be enabled.]

Attacks:
Growl*
Scratch*
Tail Whip*
Double Kick*
Poison Sting*
Fury Swipes*
Bite*
Helping Hand*
Poison Tail*
Disable*
Supersonic*
Venoshock*
Thunderbolt*
Dig*
Crunch
Ice Beam
Toxic

Klink (Cogsworth) (No gender)
Nature: Brave - Adds * to Attack, A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 26 (30 divided by 1.15)

EC: 2/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Plus - This Pokemon possesses a positive electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Minus, the damage does not stack. (Innate)
Minus - This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Plus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Plus, the damage does not stack. (Innate)
Clear Body (DW) - This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.) (Innate)

Attacks:
Level up:
Vicegrip
Charge
Thundershock
Gear Grind
Bind
Screech

BW TMs:
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch
Hidden Power (Water - 7)

Other Level up moves to replace Egg moves:
Shift Gear
Discharge
Metal Sound

Duskull "Mia" (F)
Nature: Brave - Attack increased by *, a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.

Type: Ghost
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 21 (25/1.15, rounded down)

EC: 3/9
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. (Innate)

Attacks:
Levelup:
Leer
Night Shade
Disable
Foresight
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Pursuit
Will-o-Wisp
Hex

TM:
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Egg:
Destiny Bond
Pain Split
Imprison

k, we know Blue_Tornado's mon, so Son_of_Shadoo goes with chosen Pokemon, its ability, and its actions. Then Blue_Tornado goes!

edit: lol he just brought it to troll the rules. =P

anyway, my eyes are dying so i'll ref this tomorrow.

Hmm, difficult choice between Mia and Cogsworth... But I think I'll go with Cogsworth the Klink, and Plus, not that it makes a difference either way. Start by paralysing that Slowpoke with Thunder Wave. Then use Metal Sound to disrupt his thought patterns, and end it with a Thunderbolt.

Thunder Wave >>> Metal Sound >>> Thunderbolt
Replace any action with Shift Gear if Blue Tornado orders a Me First.

ONLY basic mons that can't evolve. Can people actually read this part for a change? Also, send in one pokemon at random, it's no fun otherwise.
-_-

Own Tempo, although it doesn't matter.

Mud Sport ~ Trick Room ~ Dive

edit: it's fine

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Mud Sport - Trick Room - Dive

Cogsworth
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Thunder Wave - Metal Sound - Discharge

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: FIGHT!

Cogsworth begins the match by delivering a nice, shocking Thunder Wave full of fun onto Serene, who's immediately crippled from the paralysis. Well, not exactly. Serene gets to pull off a Mud Sport with ease! Now he's like a Mudkip... only muddier!

Liking the weakening game, Cogsworth emits a Metal Sound nice that directly hits Serene and lowers his specially defensive capabilities! As for Serene, well, he's not liking it when he's fully paralyzed! Oh darn, freaking hax. Cogsworth giggles and launches a weakened Discharge at the pokerfish. Yuck, that really didn't do much! As it appears to be in the order of execution, Serene goes ahead and uses Trick Room to make HIM the faster of the two!

I'd like to go diving though...

CALCS

Serene
A1: Mud Sport > [5 Energy]
electric damage sliced
A2: ffffffffff
A3: Trick Room > [9 Energy]

Cogsworth
A1: Thunder Wave > [7 Energy]
A2: Metal Sound > [6 Energy]
A3: Discharge > 8 + (0) + (3) = 11 / 2 = [6 Damage/7 Energy]

Serene (M)
HP: 94
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD
Others:
Mud Sport (4 more actions), Paralysis (25%, 20% next round)

Cogsworth
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

TRICK ROOM FOR 5 MORE ROUNDS

Blue_Tornado's ACTIONS!

Damn, you're right, how did I miss that. I got confused, sorry everybody!

Also, you're not hurt. THAT IRKS ME. Fortunately, I have a clever plan to remedy this. Cogsworth, I dunno how you do it, but use Screech to drop his defense. In fact, do it twice - I need you to cancel out that yawn. Then Gear Grind him. Gogo parahax.

Screech >>> Screech (cancel out Yawn) >>> Gear Grind

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpD
Others:
Mud Sport (4 more actions), Paralysis (20%)
Actions: Disable (Metal Sound) ~ Yawn ~ Dive

Cogsworth
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Screech >>> Screech (cancel out Yawn) >>> Gear Grind

Round 2: FIGHT!

(... god damn it, I wrote it all up, but I forgot there was a Trick Room. GRRRRRRR!)

Passed paralysis check! Serene used Disable! Cogsworth's Metal Sound was Disabled!
Cogsworth used Screech! It successfully lowers Serene's Defense harshly!
Passed paralysis check! Serene uses Yawn! It's too "quick" to be avoided! Cogsworth became a bit tired!
Cogsworth just Screeches at Serene instead.
Passed paralysis check! Serene goes for a Dive!
Cogsworth tried to Gear Grind... but there was no target!
Serene smashes Cogsworth with a broken Dive!

Seeing how the special side is screwed, Cogsworth tries a different approach by Screeching at Serene... who, despite the nature of not feeling effects immediately, has his defensive capability lowered! Serene just opens his mouth and Disables Cogsworth's Metal Sound since it's annoying. What's up with all this sound-based moves anyway? Cogsworth waits for Serene to make his move this time... is Serene too tired to make a move? Ohh YAWN! there's a move! Cogsworth just consumes the lowly sound with its own Screeching noise, which is with no doubt much louder than what the Yawn could even manage! They effectively cancel each other out. To take advantage of the earlier Screech, Cogsworth goes into melee combat by Gear Grinding Serene with its steel gears! Unsurprisingly, it didn't manage too much damage. Serene just dives into the water and jumps right back at for a Dive attack! I kinda wonder why you want to Dive in the first place if you're going to "aqua tackle" something!

CALCS

Serene
A1: Disable > [6 Energy]
A2: Yawn > [7 Energy]
A3: Dive > 8 + 3 + (0) = [11 Damage/5 Energy]

Cogsworth
A1: Screech > [6 Energy]
A2: Screech > [10 Energy]
A3: Gear Grind > nothing

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 SpD, -3 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (1 more action), Paralysis (20%, 15% next round)

Cogsworth
HP: 79
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Yawn (will sleep after 2 actions), Disable (Metal Sound, 3 more actions)

TRICK ROOM FOR 4 MORE ROUNDS

Son_of_Shadoo's ACTIONS!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 SpD, -3 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (1 more action), Paralysis (15%)
Actions: Dive - Mud Sport - Dive

Cogsworth
HP: 79
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Yawn (will sleep after 2 actions), Disable (Metal Sound, 3 more actions)
Actions: Gear Grind - Discharge - sleep

Round 3: FIGHT!

Serene starts off by utilizing his godlike Speed to Dive into the nearby water for cover. Cogsworth attempts to Gear Grind... but it seems Serene is a bit too deep in the waters for Cogsworth to venture through! Seeing Cogsworth's sigh, Serene pops right back up and smashes into the sad gears with a hearty attack! This is doing no good at all for Cogsworth! After that happened, it seems like Serene's Mud Sport effect has worn off. Perhaps it drained off in the dive?

Noticing the disappearance of the mud, Serene aims to pile up even more mud onto herself! On the beach, she performs a lovely Mud Sport that any hippo would love! Too bad for Cogsworth - it's too slow to get a super effective hit in! Eh, it's going to Discharge anyway? It just zapped a bunch of sand and some bits of Serene! ... Hey, what happened? It looks like Serene caught the paralysis! Oh wait, he's already paralyzed...

And guess what, right upon being zapped into extra paralysis, Serene feels the paralysis fully! lol. It's a free hit for Cogsworth! Wait, it's... sleeping? Oh yeah, it was a Yawn! Oops! This seems to be a 3-action sleep! Good luck with that Cogsworth! (This counted as 1 just in case you were confused; Yawn happened last action.)

Oh yeah, Cogsworth remembered how to use Metal Sound again! I wonder how...

CALCS

Serene
A1: Dive > 8 + 3 + (0) = [11 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Mud Sport > [5 Energy]
electric damage sliced
A3: haxed

Cogsworth
A1: Gear Grind > nothing
A2: Discharge > 8 + (0) + (1.5) = 11 / 2 = [6 Damage/6 Energy]
+1 energy for thunderbolt error
A3: sleep

Serene (M)
HP: 88
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (4 more action), Paralysis (15%, 10% next round)

Cogsworth
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
slacking off for 2 actions

TRICK ROOM FOR 3 MORE ROUNDS

BT's ACTIONS!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -2 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (4 more actions), Paralysis (10%)

Cogsworth
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
slacking off for 2 actions

Round 4: FIGHT!

Serene takes advantage of Cogsworth's naptime by seeing the future's sight. Hmmm, a not very effective hit yet still effective... mhm. I got it! It will be Cogsworth's final blow to the head! Serene? Right? Yeah! Okay, stop it. I know you're Cursing at me! Rapist.

Okay, go ahead, take a Dive in the waters, see if I care. I might cut your tail off if you don't get out of my sight! Oh hey, Cogsworth is awake! It's emitting a Metal Sound sound sound rock and roll, but Serene's not in the area. Wait, now he is! Looks like he dodged the sound and is coming back to smack Cogsworth with his head!

And with that said, Cogsworth is about 5-6 hits from being dead! WOOHOO!

CALCS

Serene
A1: Future Sight > [6 Energy]
A2: Curse > [6 Energy]
A3: Dive > 8 + 3 + (0) + (1.5) = [13 Damage/5 Energy]

Cogsworth
A1: screwed
A2: screwed
A3: Metal Sound > [6 Energy]

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (1 more action), Paralysis (10%, 5% next round)

Cogsworth
HP: 55
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

TRICK ROOM FOR 2 MORE ROUNDS

SoS's ACTIONS!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
It's confusing, but the boosts will drop/add by 1 toward 0. It wasn't actually a "+1 boost".

Ok, time to be tactical. YOU SIR, ARE IRRITATING ME.

Discharge him. If he Dives, fire it into the water. Fuck him up good.

Discharge >>> Discharge >>> Discharge (into the water if Dive is used)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
That looks right.

Serene (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 Def
Others:
Mud Sport (1 more action), Paralysis (5%)

Cogsworth
HP: 55
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Round 5: FIGHT!

Seeing how Cogsworth is about to do something nasty, Serene says "ME FIRST!" and steals whatever it was going to use. It seems like it was a Discharge! Lightning immediately erupts from Serene's body and electrifies Cogsworth! Haha, would you look at that? It's as if Cogsworth caught a nasty 20% paralyze! Splendid! But... it's still moving! And it uses a Discharge of its own! Too bad the Mud Sport was still on... oh wait, now it's not! Trolled?

Afterward, Serene laughs at Cogsworth's uselessness and Disables its ability to Discharge its body! Uh-oh, Cogsworth is just hopeless! It attempts to remember how to Discharge, but it just can't! Serene then goes diving into the waters to collect some wetness and climb right back out for a smashing hit!

Seconds later, the Future Sight arrives! It ripples through a portal and smacks Cogsworth for a deadly psychic blow! Too bad it was kinda... low on damage? Shouldn't the future hold MORE power?

CALCS

Serene
A1: Me First > (8+3) - (1.5) = [10 Damage/8 Energy]
A2: Disable > [6 Energy]

Cogsworth
A1: Discharge > 8 + (0) + (3) = 11 / 2 = [6 Damage/7 Energy]
A3: screwed
Future Sighted > 10 + 3 - (1.5) x .67 = [8 Damage]

Serene (M)
HP: 82
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Cogsworth
HP: 24
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Disabled (Discharge, 4 more actions), Paralysis (20%, 15% next round)

TRICK ROOM FOR 1 MORE ROUND!!!!!!!!!

(if i were cogsworth, i would be crying)

BT's ACTIONS!

I am crying :(

Ok, time for something unorthodox.

As he dives, Volt Change on the water! The electricity should conduct down to wherever he is. Volt Change, then on the water again as he dives.

Volt Change (water as he dives) >>> Volt Change (normal) >>> Volt Changes (water as he dives)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Serene (M)
HP: 82
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Cogsworth
HP: 24
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Disabled (Discharge, 4 more actions), Paralysis (15%)

Round 6: FIGHT!

Serene starts the match... wait, no he doesn't! Cogsworth, with his laughable 7 Speed, takes the frontier and shocks... the waters with a Volt Switch! Serene, unaware of the electrical interaction, decides to Dives into the water! Oh god. He's SHOCKING! But it doesn't really matter. He's just too strong! Out of the waters he pops out and smashes onto Cogsworth!

Cogsworth, oh poor Cogsworth! Art thou paralyzed? =( Serene very chilly. =) me like

Oh Cogsworth, art no thou very paralyzed anymore! =) Okay, well, Cogsworth uses Volt Switch again on the water as he dives, fails to KO Serene, while pokeydope comes out attacking Cogsworth! This was violent though! That smash had so much rage and fury that Cogsworth fainted!

FINALLY! OH MY GOD!

CALCS

Serene
A1: Dive > 8 + 3 + (0) + (1.5) = [13 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Chill > [+12 Energy]

Cogsworth
A1: Volt Change > 7 + (0) x 1.5 = [11 Damage/5 Energy]
A3: Volt Change > 7 + (0) x 1.5 = [11 Damage/5 Energy]

Serene (M)
HP: 60
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Cogsworth
HP: :( :( :( :(
Energy:
:( :( :( :(
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

:(

REWARDS!
Blue Tornado > 2 Trainer Counters
- Serene > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Son of Shadoo > 2 Trainer Counters
- Serene > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC

Flora > 2 Ref Tokens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)