aka the situation
Art by Swiffix
Welcome to the second edition of 1v1 Majors! In this tournament, participants will start off in a pool with other players, and those with the best records within those pools will advance to the second round. Each pool will have a boss, who is a credible player handpicked by the hosts. After the first round, the tournament will shift to a traditional single elimination tournament.
Tournament Specific Rules
- This is a standard SS 1v1 tournament.
- Replays are required for every match in this tournament. Any match reported without replays will be replayed.
- Timer is absolutely mandatory. You cannot gentleman to playing without timer. If I see you playing without timer, I will turn it on myself.
- The format for Pools Phase is as follows:
- The Pools Phase of this tournament will be round robin. Players will be placed in pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
- Because this phase is a round robin format, this means you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to playing games with potential substitutes.
- Each pool will have a pool boss who will be handpicked by the tournament hosts.
- Pools matches will be best of five. You may switch teams between matches and opponents.
- The best 2 record holders in each pool will move on to Playoffs.
- The format for Playoffs and onwards is as follows:
- The format will be best of five, single elimination.
- Changing teams between matches is allowed.
- All matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, either the main server or smogtours.
- Any tier changes that occur during a round will not be in effect until the following round.
- VPNs are banned.
- Be mindful of your differential as it is an important tie-breaker.
Please read the general tournament rules provided in this link : Rules
All standard clauses apply:
All standard clauses apply:
- Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokedex Number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
Deadline for Pools Phase is Sunday, September 4th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5.