Tournament 1v1 Premier League VI - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Name: edgar AKA satanic beast AKA leader of the team that is going to win SS ghosting tour (splarting enthusiasts) AKA edgar allan poem AKA edgar allan poet AKA bear kigurumi AKA beargod edgar AKA bear in a man suit AKA the best sm ag AND sm 1v1 player to ever fucking do it
Tiers Played: sm 1v1, can flex ss or oras if needed
Timezone: gmt-6
Any Foreseeable Inactivity: school

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Name: Rosa
Tiers Played: SS/SM, BW if I have to, sub for any if it's dire
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Height: 6'3
Timezone: GMT-5
Looking for: Any
Likes: Watching Youtube, Board games, Long walks on the beach
Dislikes: Smalltalk, Introducing myself, Rushing things
Any Foreseeable Inactivity: not that I can think of
Bio: I can either do well playing for one tier or supporting multiple slots without playing, be sure to plan accordingly before drafting me
1642964035518.png

Player Name: berryalcremie/flyvee/rubysapphiremerald
Tiers Played: BW (bw people rise up!!), SS, ORAS (please don't make me play ORAS I beg you)
Timezone: GMT-5/GMT-6 (most likely gonna be GMT-5 for most of PL though)
Any Foreseeable Inactivity: Nope!

I continuously ask myself why I like BW so much and have come to no conclusion... except that it's BW... but there's more than just that!

Okay. Let's go.

BW is legitimately the best 1v1 tier by a long shot. Look at all the choices you have. Firstly, there's no gimmicks. No mega evolution. No Z-moves. No dynamax (lol ty ss for not having dynamax). The fact that there's no gimmicks makes the metagame so much more straightforward. Secondly, this is the only format with no gimmicks before SS, which had so many mons not be used due to dexit. In BW, I can use a Hariyama! Tell me where else you can use a Hariyama against a Terrakion with no gimmicks! Nowhere! Secondly, look at the item choices. Gems are such a cool edition to a gimmick-less format. You see so many strategies that you just don't see in SS. Charge Electric Gem Thundurus? Sign me up! I'm gonna drop a tbolt to win a match without regards for all the stupid gimmicks that can stop me. The meta is a pleasure to play. There's so many mons, so many strategies, no gimmicks. A generation with all the mons up to that point is obviously better than one without. Therefore, it is my true belief that there is no format better than BW in 1v1.

(sorry, I wish I could make this longer but I have to do things... irl sucks sometimes...)

tldr; I really like BW. Like... an unhealthy amount... liking BW is basically my entire personality at this point…

Player: Yech
Tiers: ASOR, UMUS, Shield/Sword
Timezone: PST (GMT -7 or -8 idk)
Inactivity: College, bathroom breaks, eating food, studying, playing Minecraft and Touhou
Will Use: Only Yechmons
Luck: Terrible
Lactose: Intolerant
Won't Get: Drafted
Dim: Witted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)