Project 1v1 Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.
gm torterraxx and happy holidays!
Here is the corviknight set you requested!

Winged Warrior (Corviknight) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 184 SpD / 208 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Substitute
- Iron Head

Rumbling Earthquakes (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 116 Atk / 120 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Knock Off
- Smack Down

Garden Gate (Ferrothorn) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 52 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Leech Seed

So i wasnt able to make a unique corviknight set even though i tried :( . The corv set is from the set comp, the hp and nature are for band haxorus, the speed for band tyranitar and specs volcanion, rest in spdef. iron head is for fairy types, mainly trick users like togekiss. Ferrothorn, likewise is a set comp set. It tanks a band garchomp fire fang and by extension band regidrago, max attack. Leech seed is for Aromatisse and Regidrago reliability. Ferrothorn is there to deal with darmanitan galar, tapu fini, regidrago and zygarde. Landorus is there as a third to deal with pokemon that beat the other too, namely fire types and magnezone.

I know its probably bad and im sorry

Hiii scorbunnys happy holidays!
I made a very boring team for you :blobthumbsup:

lookin for da bus (Zygarde) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Power Construct
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 144 HP / 28 Atk / 16 Def / 144 SpD / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Skitter Smack
- Rest

pancakes (Aggron) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Avalanche
- Fire Blast

cuddles (Sylveon) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Fake Tears
- Endure

So the zyg is the normal wp to cheese prims and beat metagross and stuff, aggron just beats fairies and ice types, and sylv beats shifu and dragons and like everything else. Fini matchup is a bit sus but just outplay it with sylv.

smely socks yo merry christmas

Ribombee was a tough mon to build around, not gonna lie. I put a good deal of work into this team, but I wasn't able to make anything close to perfect. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way the team turned out - it's a cool preview at the very least.

Ribombee @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Krookodile @ Passho Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Volcanion @ Custap Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Overheat
- Steam Eruption
- Endure

I started by making the unfortunately innacurate assumption that Choice Specs Ribombee beats Zygarde. At the very least it beats most ladder Zygardes, so I went ahead and rolled with it. I gave it Psychic for Naganadel, which it nicely outspeeds. Energy Ball hit Swampert and Gastrodon, which are otherwise quite threatening to the team. STAB moves do STAB things, notably beating Urshifu, Regidrago, Rillaboom, most Garchomps, and a good portion of Zygardes, among others. If you don't care about beating Water/Grounds, Energy Ball can be dropped for Switcheroo. However, Switcheroo doesn't gain many solid matchups without also adding Rest (though I suppose it can force some 50/50s).

Krookodile may look like an odd choice for second, but I found it pairs with Ribombee quite well. It's also a mon I've been toying with lately, so maybe I kinda just convinced myself it works here, idk. Anyway, it handles many Steels, most Electrics, and most Fires for Ribombee. It also beats Necrozma, which is often an annoying mon to deal with when building quirky teams. I originally gave it a Tanga Berry and Stone Edge to work as a funny Volcarona lure, but after figuring out the last mon I changed it to Passho to lure Volcanion (Knock into EQ kills most Volcs). The Spdef EVs let it eat a draco from Timid Specs Dragapult, so it should do fine as a Pult answer barring Modest getting the roll. You can give it more spdef if you want to guarantee the Pult MU, but cutting Speed worsens the team's Steela MU while cutting Attack hurts basically all of Krook's matchups. The HP is for Zeraora's Close Combat. Taunt is for stall shit like G-Corsola, kind of self-explanatory. Bulk Up finesses some matchups, but I honestly forgot what all it beats; feel free to swap it for a coverage move or something.

Volcanion is just a good mon in general which I threw on in an attempt to patch some of the numerous holes inherent to any team built around 2 UR mons. With a Custap Berry attached, it can bullshit its way through many matchups while solidly beating most mons weak to Water or Fire. Most importantly for the team, it covers Fairy types decently well. At the same time, it is able to defeat powerful mons like Landorus and Banded G-Darmanitan thanks to stupid Custap Berry. People tend to fear Volcanion's powerful STAB moves, so clicking Endure works more often than not in the face of such mons. The EVs can almost certainly be improved, but 252/252 honestly works pretty well. ALSO this may sound crazy, but you can run Wisp or Flame Charge over Overheat to bait Mirror Coat Avalugg at the cost of losing the Band G-Darm MU (among others). The team will always get 3-0d by something, so I figure maximizing the things you can lure or finesse is the best approach.

Unfortunately, the team has quite a few flaws. It requires a lot of set-guessing and winning 50/50s to succeed, plus it outright loses a number of relevant matchups. For example, Maranga Togekiss absolutely smashes the team (but at least Volcanion can beat Scarf by breaking through one of two flinches). Mirror Coat Lugg is a huge problem, but Volc obviously beats all other variants. Sleep Powder Venu is a 3-0, but Custap should lose to Volcanion. Tapu Lele wrecks the whole team as well, though I guess Volcanion can crit through. There are almost certainly other 3-0s, and I'm sure you will find some of them yourself.

Nonetheless, the team is fun to use and can get some pretty decent matchups as long as you don't run into any of those nasty 3-0s. I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
mocrokiller2 here is your durant team

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 228 Atk / 88 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Giga Impact
Regidrago @ Haban Berry
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 224 Def / 40 SpA / 48 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Scale Shot
- Dragon Energy
- Outrage

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Hyper Beam

You beat mons that can't eat a first impression or is a fairy type, but this mon is incredibly ass because you have you pray that you actually hit. I'm not sure what the other mons do but they should beat the other 98% of the metagame

thank you to Potatochan and tenzhii for complaining about durant sets and doing 90% of the work
Please forget I ever existed and never talk to me again.
Merry Christmas and fuck durant

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Poltergeist
- X-Scissor
- Screech

Glastrier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 48 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 152 Atk / 152 Def / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Taunt

shedinja is prot pads cause that set is funny and it rly doesnt matter which one we choose

glastrier was an idea from eblurb which covers basically every dragon in existence when it has an assault vest as well as cheesing fini and potentially beating sylv, its just extremely fat. i gave it megahorn so we do not lose to specs necrozma

i decided zeraora is a solid third to more comfortably secure some fringe fini sets as well as cover the entirety of the water type and beat celesteela as well as other flyings such as zapdos galar, and finally to not quite literally just lose to the dracos; its the same set as the setcomp with 4 spd moved to atk since the regieleki mu is irrelevant given that we already have 2 hard counters

merry christmas Heracross2.0 this mon presented a somewhat interesting challenge as opposed to some of the other ones which seem like theyre just annoying

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
hi Vrji ^.^ heres ur mawile team:

this team was super fun to make!! all three v underutilized mons which compliment each other very well!! plus i love mawile (quite evident from my signature)!!! firstly i calced for both non eq bandarm so u can ko with iron head -> sucker, then calced for specs modest naganadel which requires metal burst to beat :) after mawile i decided on lum yawnpert for its teammate for its ability to handle fire and steel types that give mawile trouble!! i opted for lum for a better spect/volc/sylv matchup :) the attack invest is for spectrier altho u have to read ur opponent well.. if it taunts turn one eq -> eq -> eq wins, if it wisps turn one yawn -> tect -> eq -> eq wins.. basically as long as u get two unburnt hits off ur good, then special attack is for band lando (u tank eq) :D finally i needed a mon that beat stall entei, celesteela, zygarde, cb eq darm, and registeel and with advice from smely socks we settled on talonflame!! the stall set is super underrated and dope and it definitely pays off well for the team!! it also beat setup necro which is dope!! mons that would give this team trouble would be av lando with rock coverage and a well played occa whims :) anyways this team was rly fun to make thank u for giving me the opportunity vrji!!! have a good holidays

no this mawile isnt part of the post its my signature LOL

fruan got my type null team already but I'll share it here too:
Elf: Shelf (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 236 HP / 24 Def / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Calm Nature
- Crush Claw
- Icy Wind
- Iron Defense
- Rest

Major Lazer (Dracozolt) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
- Endure

Jess (Sylveon) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Fake Tears
- Endure

Semi-offensive/anti-trick Type:null. Outspeeds Haxorus after icy wind and 2hkoes. If tapu fini / cresselia trick, you spam crush claw and with decent rng you'll win. Icy wind also 3hkos Naganadel and is very effective vs zygarde/garchomp/landorus

156 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 244 HP / 0+ SpD Type: Null: 109-130 (27.8 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
44 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 244 HP / 0+ SpD Type: Null: 78-93 (19.8 - 23.7%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 244 HP / 0+ SpD Type: Null: 111-132 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 20 Def Eviolite Type: Null: 214-254 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (ID on scarf)

0 SpA Type: Null Icy Wind vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 152-180 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Type: Null Icy Wind vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 100-118 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Type: Null Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 176-208 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO (always ID first in case its cb)

Double custap on Zolt and Sylveon because why not, one of them needs fire coverage.

Last edited:
merry christmas kalifguest22

Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Band 
Ability: Clear Body 
EVs: 220 Atk / 64 SpD / 224 Spe 
Lonely Nature 
- Outrage 
- Fire Blast 
- Phantom Force 
- Dragon Darts 

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers 
Ability: Misty Surge 
EVs: 228 HP / 56 Def / 16 SpD / 208 Spe 
Bold Nature 
- Taunt
- Calm Mind 
- Iron Defense 
- Draining Kiss 

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry 
Ability: Iron Barbs 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def 
Relaxed Nature 
IVs: 0 Spe 
- Iron Defense 
- Body Press 
- Leech Seed 
- Gyro Ball
I remember having made dragapult fini eons ago so I decided to give it a try again. The dragapult is to outspeed Naganadel and tank 2 scarf cresselia moonblasts. Tapu fini helps take care of anything slow or custap that might threaten dragapult as well as Necrozma. As a third I have occa ferrothorn for registeel and scarf togekiss. The team might struggle against certain flamethrower Celesteelas however.

Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Band 
Ability: Infiltrator 
EVs: 220 Atk / 64 SpD / 224 Spe 
Lonely Nature 
- Outrage 
- Fire Blast 
- Phantom Force 
- Dragon Darts 

Aromatisse @ Rocky Helmet 
Ability: Aroma Veil 
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD 
Calm Nature 
- Trick Room 
- Encore 
- Disable 
- Draining Kiss 

Magnezone @ Air Balloon 
Ability: Sturdy 
EVs: 216 Def / 252 SpA / 40 Spe 
Bold Nature 
- Iron Defense 
- Body Press 
- Flash Cannon 
- Thunderbolt
Dragapult fairs well with fairies that beat Necrozma (the ghost type losing to the psychic type is a peak 1v1 moment) so I landed on spdef Aromatisse. It also helps double check tapu fini where magnezone might struggle against sometimes since it's not specs. Dragapult taking care of all the choiced mons also more easily allows aroma to be spdef over physdef. As a third I found ID magnezone, which helps cover up the last few weaknesses of certain steels and fairies as well as tyranitar. The team faces problems against custap dracozolt and dracovish and certain registeel.

Happy holidays to TDR who requested riolu for secret Santa, here's the team:
https://pokepast.es/89da7eb046bc91ce

Building process:
So obviously this team is built all around riolu. The strategy around riolu is subbing down to custap range, to be able dig down, be impervious to damage for one turn, be immune to damage for another turn(riolu is slower), then attack after the opponent has. Riolu then clicks copycat with prankster to dig down again before the opponent can attack again and repeats the whole cycle, slowly chipping down the opponent while taking no damage itself. This riolu set has toxic as a 4th move, in case it ever comes in handy(riolu doesn't have many good fourth moves lol). While much can be said about riolu's versatility, being able to choose between custap and eviolite, it is still a somewhat gimmicky mon, and can be taken down fairly easily by things like priority, stall(dig only has 16 pp), or simply a ground immunity(flying type, levitate, or air balloon, most likely found on heatran). Because of riolu's weakness to flying types, I chose zygarde as the first partner, as it has the amazing move thousand arrows, which can negate a pokemon's flying typing altogether.. Zygarde benefits from riolu's ability to beat pokemon like naganadel and darmanitan-galar semi-reliably, and in turn beats pokemon riolu may struggle with like celesteela or air balloon heatran. For the third partner I chose volcanion, to beat most of the fairy types threatening zygarde as well as threats like ferrothorn and icicle spear glastrier. This volcanion set has fling to actually lure in and beat avaluggs looking to score an easy win.

Threatlist:
This team beats every pokemon from S to A- except regidrago, a zygarde mirror, necrozma, and non-choice dragapult.

Happy holidays to everyone, wish you all a smooth family dinner and countless productivity during winter break.

Thank you for the team PokeOtter , you probably didn't know but Landorus is one of my favorite pokemon so your team is really cool for me!

Speaking of Landorus, Merry Christmas Nick.see here's your Landorus-Therian team:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 176 Atk / 168 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Aromatisse @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 8 SpA / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Disable
- Trick Room

Spectrier @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 96 HP / 84 Def / 64 SpA / 80 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt

I originally had a lot of trouble finding a partner for this Landorus, I tried ferrothorn, tapu bulu, zapdos, tapu koko, and even a yache kommo-o (This still seems like a really cool ice lure combo to me). Eventually I landed on Aromatisse since it handily deals with both Dragons and Fairies like Tapu Fini and Primarina which Landorus is not consistent against. Aromatisse is also here as my stall answer and for weirder matchups like Entei that this Landorus unfortunately loses without Bulldoze. Spectrier is here to deal with the steels Landorus struggles against like Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Aggron and pokemon like band Darm-G and Specs Naganadel. Superpower may seem weird on the Landorus but its needed to kill Balloon Heatran.

This team does struggle against AV Glastrier with Payback and doesn't have ideal ice matchups in general. Spectrier shuts down Avalugg completely but you have to set guess Darm-G and your only Glastrier answer ever will be Spectrier which can be cheesed with payback. Specs Porygon-Z is another issue for this team, you can honestly run Uproar over Taunt on Spec if you really wanted to deal with this but that's not ideal obviously. Overall I really like this team and had a lot of fun making it.

I hope you enjoy the team and the holiday!

happy holidays idkgoodnames

:latias: :tapu-bulu: :heatran:

I started off by looking for a Latias set that satisfied me, as the comp set looked weird to me since there was no recovery on that set. I ended up finding a CM Stored Power set that can lure Primarina. Then, I decided to partner this mon with Bulu, as it beats dragons, and some choiced mons via Disable. Heatran helps against the dragons Bulu cannot beat (Naganadel) and I chose Scarf for Band GDarm, because otherwise it 3-0s.

This team beats most of the good mons except for like SubDisable Pult and Spectrier.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Fleeting Memories
:ss/aromatisse: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Heatran:
So yea sorry if the sets are basic

Regieleki is just good cause you beat opposing tisse with electro ball, you also beat custap mons that can’t tank a thunder cage. Thunder drops a lot of mons and hyper beam is good for shit like haxorus. You pretty much outspeed most scarf mons and annihilate G Darm.

This Heatran set was build to tank an eleki thunder while also hitting decently hard and not baby. Wisp beats sturdy mons, flash cannon beats the pure fairies. Overheat is good but you can run eruption or even fires blast. Earth power for other fires.

Unfortunately, team has a sissy ground type mu (that isn’t dragon or steel) non banded grounds really threaten this team, Av lando mu is shaky, also shit like Rhyperior can end you (if they aren’t band) Av Arcanine and Entei mus also aren’t great as well as the grass monkey that has fake out and higher horsepower. Also quite a few 50/50. Overall this team isn’t too special but sorry if it came out bad. (I didn’t want to be boring and make a dfs team and at the very least you can get away with a lot of stuff on the ladder.)

Additionally, the mons are named after Shovel Knight characters.

Thanks smely socks for testing some mus.

XanderUrBoi

Fruan's Alt Account
is a Tiering Contributor
Merry Christmas Turbo Drif here is the dusclops team with the moves you asked for. Dusclops is an extremely bulky mon able to take physical and special hits very well. With 252 hp investment it can easily tank hits from banded haxorus and darm, as well as adamant Urshifu S. I chose counter as a fourth move to take out just about every physical attacker in one turn and dumped the rest of the ev's into spdef otherwise it would be too bulky to take out the opponent with counter. Curse is hard to work with, I recommend only really using it on stall. Also clops has a little speed investment to outpace base 30's. I paired it with an SD custap glastrier not because it countered anything specific, just because it beats a lot of things (It also is somewhat ev'd but I do not remember what for). Lastly I added wisp volcanion to tie up a few loose ends, except it has liquidation to be cool and help beat volcarona and entei (and maybe spectrier). Dusclops is absolutely my favorite part about this team and I loved using it.
Glhf!

https://pokepast.es/bbc6b57e8ad5dd12

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I would say happy holidays to doc1203 who I was supposed to build a team for, but this dude gave me the worst possible mon: Ludicolo.

:bw/ludicolo:

Look at him. With his smug grin, hands up in the air like nothing matters. Well, guess what Ludicolo? Life matters! Everything matters! And this mon sucks. The reason why has to do with its typing and stats. Water/Grass is pretty unique, but none of its base stats cross 100 (SpDef is the "best"). Water/Grass has 3 resistances, those being Water, Ground, and Steel. I will concede that Ludicolo beats the top-tier Waters very well; however, thanks to its pitiful physical bulk, it loses to pretty much every Steel and Ground that outspeeds it, considering they usually run coverage for it. This leaves Ludicolo with only good MUs into opposing Waters like Prima or Fini, which 200 mons do better than it.

:ss/ludicolo: :ss/necrozma: :ss/regidrago:

This is the best I could come up with. I will admit, Leech + Encore is a very enticing combination, so I wouldn't say Ludicolo is COMPLETE garbage. You beat pretty much every stall mon except Aromatisse (as long as you hit your Leech) because of it and Encore. HP and SpA EVs mean you beat Galarian Corsola regardless of what move it clicks, which isn't that good but something ladder spams. This is also EVed to outspeed WP Fini as well as all Prima sets, so as long as you don't click Giga into a Custap variant you should be fine. That's literally all Ludicolo does: beat stall and some Waters. My preferred 1v1 playstyle is "click buttons first, ask questions later", so I just slapped on two powerful breakers. Idk how this meta deals with Necrozma, looks super broken and has coverage and bulk for everything except pure Dark-types (bad), but I can't tell you how fun it is to watch Lazer nuke stuff into oblivion. I'm probably not the first person to use Scarf Regidraco but it's my obligatory fast mon, beating most Zeraora spreads as well as other unboosted mons I've seen ladder use like Jolteon.

Hope you find more success than me with this team.

Last edited:
Hello LeCehlou. Here is your Necrozma team.

:necrozma:
Brittle & Ductile (Necrozma) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Fling
- Photon Geyser
- Calm Mind

:azumarill:
Egg shaped (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Impish Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Encore

:zygarde:
Colgate Toothpaste (Zygarde) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 172 HP / 160 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
- Rest

At first I tried to create an unique Necrozma set, and unfortunately failed because necrozma's movesets are tailored to either attacking strongly or stalling. Everything I tried ultimately failed as none were as reliable as the good old Specs. The purpose of Azumarill here is to be a stallbreaker as well as a gimmick beater, with both Encore and Belly Drum. The Zygarde is just there because it is very good. Since I had Azu there wasn't really a need for dragon STAB (hopefully).

Finals have been tiring and I regret not being able to put more effort into it, but alas here is the team. Feel free to ask me about intricacies about the team, although most of them are just copy pasted from the sets compendium with some small changes.

Enjoy, and Happy Christmas Merry New Year

magicarpe_lvl100 Here is your Secret Santa team:

Gyarados @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 200 Atk / 128 Def / 88 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Power Whip
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 128 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Tapu Bulu @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 192 SpD / 40 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Protect

I've never seen how Gyarados is used in 1v1, so I decided to try a bulky Offense Gyarados that takes advantage of its natural bulk with conjunction of Intimidate. The coverage moves allow it to beat some of the top Pokémon in 1V1, like Darmanitan-Galar, Sylveon, Tapu Fini, Dragapult, and Haxorus. Because of Gyarados's inability to threaten Walls or Grass Types, Blacephalon enters as a Pokémon that can dismantle these cores. Just keep in mind that Mind Blown's recoil goes first, meaning that if you faint before the opponent, you lose the match. Lastly Tapu Bulu compresses in Dark, Electric and Magnezone check in one slot that is bulkier than Whimsicott.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Merry christmas and happy holidays Urfgurgle here is your skarmory team

https://pokepast.es/0e974dd69cb90466

Honestly skarmory is pretty awful, it's a steel type that doesnt beat fairies, a flying type that doesn't beat fighting types and a weird mon to build around, please use celesteela. Anyways I put haban dd zygarde to take care of things such as nagandel and celesteela. Skarmory is just the comp set, it's a great physical wall and takes care of the ice types such as kyurem, avalugg, glastrier which bulu and zygarde would struggle with. Last I have bulu, it rounds the team out by beating the fighting types skarmory struggles with and fini.

Also I don't know how to do any of the sprites or pop ups but oh well

Hi SwordIsBored , I'm your secret santa and here is your team around Stakataka: https://pokepast.es/b23bb4e86257dd60

Stakataka was a pain to build around but it was a interesting challenge. Staka takes out most fairys with gyro since it's basically negative speed (27 speed) which more often than not means full power on gyro (150 bp, more than heavy slams cap). Gyro also OHKOs rillaboom but High Horsepower has a 31.3% chance to OHKO from full so... anyways zera is just standard LO from comp, with fire punch to try and fix the teams weakness to ferro/kart and outrage to guarantee some mu's against dragons (felt like the last move ended up as a filler anyways, taunt is probably an alternative to stop things like fear but haven't checked that avenue). Lastly specs fini just covers most of the final threats like zyg and fires like entei and heatran with water pulse for said entei.

A few warnings: As I mentioned before it's a roll vs rilla for staka, bulu is a small threat as well, even if not fully tested... however the biggest flaw is that it is very reliant on picking well since it has a lot of 1-2's so yeah.

Staka was your requested name, and who am I to say no to such a perfect name request.
Fini:

Zera:

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
gm DEG

cat girl (Kyurem) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 16 HP / 148 Def / 116 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Glaciate
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

YES ADV (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Seismic Toss

luna catgirl (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 56 Def / 24 SpD / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss

I chose mons becaues funniy hahahdhgwhsjkdabaksj
gn

Hi Justdelemon, I'm your Secret Santa this year. As requested, here's a team with Onix:

https://pokepast.es/b91d74c3b3dfa1dd

1. Going into this, I thought Onix would have pretty similar matchups to Steelix because of their similar focuses. However, while that stood true to a certain respect, the loss of Steelix's Steel typing and superior stats does a lot of damage to Onix's viability. It's essentially a Mono ground Steelix which's only win con is Body press. Onix loses it's other attacking moves prowess thanks to it's 45 base attack. Additionally, the loss of Iron Defense makes the matchups you would win with your physical bulk a lot harder. To compensate, I added Taunt to help better win matchups where your opponent could also set up in response like Ferrothorn. However, you still fall short vs most Zygarde which are faster and can chip away at you with Thousand Arrows after setting up. Lastly, I have Rest to help win matchups where the opponent doesn't have any significant attacking prowess but could stall you out like Venu and Entei. Onix can't rely on any other physical move because of it's lacking attack stat.
  2. Building around a mon like Onix, I tried to look for a mon that covered the majority of the metagame as a partner. Not only does Aromatisse beat top metagme threats like Tapu Fini, Zygarde, and Regidrago; but it also manages itself around more mid tier and low tier mons respectively. Moreover, considering the sacrifice in matchups you take using Onix, it would be hard to keep a significant elo. Therefore, as a second, you're looking for a mon that has great matchups vs the VR and does well in low ladder. Aromatisse fills this shell effectively. Aromatisse's unconventional set is a good surprise factor against players who aren't used to facing it, while still being a consistent check to many essential threats in the metagame and in all ways viable against more experienced players. This particular comp set is especially good against special threats like Fini and Specs Necro which Onix struggles against. Additionally, I've used a similar core in the past to great success with Steelix and Aromatisse so I wanted to give this one a try.
  3. Following this, I made a list for what the core lost to. Not surprisingly, the list was still pretty large. The Fairies Steelix would normally cover like opposing Aromatisse, Sylveon, Lele, Bulu were still very much a threat. After some trial and error, I made a Metagross set that could somewhat cover the list. I settled on Occa Metagross here because it could make its way around things like Naganadel and Heatran while still not being confined to only attacking moves. I wanted sub to help better counter Leech Seed Celesteela and Counter Goodra. Unfortunately, the team still loses to other more specially based Celesteela which can't be helped. Nonetheless, another aid to being so fast apart from stall Celesteela is beating most Landot. The Speed is set to outspeed Standard Av Landot and okho before it can touch you. While Hp is dump, it inadvertently tanks Scarf Jolly Galarm's Earthquake at a 6.3 roll which is p nice.
  4. Another option to put as a third is Wp endure Blaziken. Fire types have a unique advantage in the meta atm. Their offensive presence can be a huge aid to teams suffering against steels and fairies. However, Blaziken is still gonna be weak to mons like Sylveon, Aromatisse, Goodra and so on. Moreover, as you face tougher opponents, Blaziken will get even more unreliable because they'll recognize what it does beforehand and start to outplay you more and more. Therefore, Metagross is the preferred third.
  5. To end my blabbering about my teambuilding process, I hope you enjoy your Secret Santa team and have a nice Christmas! Building is always a fun experience imo and taking part in things like this has always been a nice venture. ^ ^

Last edited:

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
XSTATIC COLD gm
:psyduck: :tapu lele: :volcarona:
god given (Psyduck) @ Eviolite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Rest

M'Lady (Tapu Lele) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 136 HP / 244 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

Talk to Me (Volcarona) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 96 HP / 196 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
I was somewhat split on where to start with Psyduck. Originally I was thinking use it as a budget Aromatisse, but I figured that would be pretty unoptimal when it gets counter so I decided to go with that. Max hp max def gives it good odds vs Band Haxorus (6.3% chance to get rolled). Lele was there mostly just to have a fairy because I felt like beating Drago and other stuff. The Lele is bulked for Nag and the spa helps vs Custap Chomp (Psyduck beats Choiced). Lele always goes well with fire types this has been confirmed many times and volcarona seemed to pair well. Flamethrower lets you actually beat Zone with Wisp and it's bulked for a jolly Darm-G Giga Impact.
:kangaskhan: :haxorus: :regieleki:
Freddie Dredd (Haxorus) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Counter

Pink Lotus (Kangaskhan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Opaul (Regieleki) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Thunder
- Electro Ball
- Hyper Beam
This mon I was even more unsure of what to run but i decided on AV because it can beat stuff like Sylv, Zone, and Kiss with Inner Focus which is cool. This set is bulked for Specs Sylv which coincidentally bulks stuff like Specs zone as well. Haxorus wasn't supposed to be the second but that's how it ended up being. Counter is for Metagross which across Eleki and Haxorus you should always beat, and Pjab is obviously for Whims. Regieleki seemed like a solid third for the team because it could cover Cele, Darmg, Fini, and almost all Necrozma sets easily enough.

Hope you enjoy the teams and happy holidays!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)