Resource 1v1 Set Creation and Optimization Thread (With attackdex!)

Approved by Quote

[Banner coming soon hopefully]
Welcome to the The 1v1 EV and Set Creation and Optimization thread!​

This generation has been the most community-concentrated years for the 1v1 community. Ever. Many people, including me, remember the days of Pre-1v1 room, in SM and ORAS. Many of the sets then were hardly optimized, with things that seem viable these days, such as 252/4/252+ Gyarados and the like, being commonplace. But the 1v1 room gave the community something unique-- the ability to really come together and develop sets, strategies, and for people to cement themselves as good players. In light of that development, a community-driven effort for people to develop sets and spread will, overall, increase the average skill for players, and tap into many of some of the hidden potential of many Pokemon. I feel that a quote from glyx sums it up quite nicely (I’m paraphrasing); “It's not that a certain Pokemon isn’t worthy of S rank, people haven't gotten to making it S rank yet”.

Alright, without further ado, here's the thread premise:

This thread its meant to be a basis for creating, optimizing, and discussing certain spreads for Pokemon, due to the importance of EVs in this tier. These spreads will be compiled into a spreads compendium. Here are the popular submission formats:

“Hey, I have this 252/4/212/0/0/16 spread, Its meant to outspeed timid variants of Pokemon A, and to tank a hit from Pokemon B.Can this be optimized? I’d like to put X EV’s to try to get on XHKO on Pokemon C.”
and

“Can someone make me a viable spread for Pokemon A?”

Also, we also have the AttackDex! This will be for as follows:

Common attack benchmarks for people to use in order to find things to work with for spreads, EVs, and the like. Here's an example:

“I’d like to request that A 252+ [Insert Move Here] from Pokemon X be added to the AttackDex, as this Pokemon has become increasingly Popular with the ban of Pokemon G, recently, as shown by its 6% usage last month.”
The next few posts will be a set of resources to facilitate your spread-making needs.

Heres a list of people who can help you with your EV'ing needs:

The 1v1 Attackdex:
"Where you come to find your defensive benchmarks"

Benchmarks:
in the format of "0- SpA Abomasnow Ice Beam" or "252+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer"

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Thunderbolt
252 Atk Choice Band Dragapult Phantom Force
252 Atk Choice Band Dragapult Outrage
252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough*
252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw*
*You may want to add shadow sneak to your calculation as it is nigh guaranteed to occur, assuming you aren't eving a normal type
252+ Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam
252+ Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice
252+ Choice Specs Sylveon Mystical Fire

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey, I would do this myself, but calc isn't out yet soooooo
Whimsicott @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Moonblast

Standard babiri whims, kinda just want it to tank an initial hit from dyna-mystical fire from alcremie as well as special dyna-flash cannon aegi,

Last edited:
Hey, I would do this myself, but calc isn't out yet soooooo
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Moonblast

Standard babiri whims, kinda just want it to tank an initial hit from dyna-mystical fire from alcremie as well as special dyna-flash cannon aegi,
Sorry for taking so long, but heres the optimized spread:

:whimsicott:
EVs: 128 HP / 164 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature

This beats special variants of both, with the rest EV'd into Def.

I'll be adding some stuff for the AttackDex and some Spreads when the first month of usage stats comes out.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
So big post here
Mew - Choice Specs
Mew @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 136 SpA / 132 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Icy Wind

Outspeeds choice specs hydreigon and OHKOs, 2HKOs choice scarf haxorus and specs Dragapult, OHKOs Darmanitan, Beats grimmsnarl, and so much more. Specs mew is the dichotomy to imprison, beating a ton of the latter’s counters. Spdef lives Specs dragapult shadow ball.

Dracovish - Liechi Berry
Dracovish @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 36 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Fishious Rend

Survives enemy Adamant Dracovish outrage 100%. Is able to sub to liechi against Darmanitan (guaranteed a sub after Icicle Crash). Outspeeds Mew at -1 as well as Curse Mimikyu.

Corviknight - Fast Taunt
Corviknight @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 64 HP / 248 Def / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Taunt

Speed allows it to Outspeed Jolly Crustle and taunt. Max Defense while still allowing for odd HP against Whimsicott and Curse Mimikyu.

Drampa - Haban Berry
Drampa @ Haban Berry
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice

Survives Specs Dragapult as well as Band. Lives scarf Dracozolt and Haxorus Outrages, subsequently OHKOs

pqs

Banned deucer.
:sm/bewear:
Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Giga Impact
- Darkest Lariat

• 248 HP + 8 Defense takes a Superpower from Choice Scarf Haxorus, while also taking moves from Excadrill and Durant.
  • 248 HP + 128 Special Defense takes a Choice Specs-boosted Timid Dragapult's Fire Blast.
  • 120 Attack along with an Adamant nature beats Durant 100% of the time.
  • 4 Speed outspeeds opposing base 60's.

I don't really have time to build Galarian Weezing, but can someone make a set / moves for it? It seems really interesting with three great abilties, Levitate, Neutralizing Gas, and Misty Surge at its disposal. I have no real preference for any. Rn I just have it as 248 HP / 252 Spa but that can be optimized defo.

Last edited:
:sm/bewear:
Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Giga Impact
- Darkest Lariat

• 248 HP + 8 Defense takes a Superpower from Choice Scarf Haxorus, while also taking moves from Excadrill and Durant.
  • 248 HP + 128 Special Defense takes a Choice Specs-boosted Timid Naganadel's Fire Blast.
  • 120 Attack along with an Adamant nature beats Durant 100% of the time.
  • 4 Speed outspeeds opposing base 60's.

I don't really have time to build Galarian Weezing, but can someone make a set / moves for it? It seems really interesting with three great abilties, Levitate, Neutralizing Gas, and Misty Surge at its disposal. I have no real preference for any. Rn I just have it as 248 HP / 252 Spa but that can be optimized defo.

Um, I'm pretty sure you dont tank:

• 252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Fluffy Bewear: 442-521 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

You only need 140 Def to tank Hax, though.

The first edition of the AttackDex is out! I'll be working on the EV spread Comp, which will be a Google Doc.

Feel free to submit any sets for optimization or addition.

Reactions: pqs
Cursola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Perish Body
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Made to survive Shadow Ball from 252+ Specs Dragapult (252 HP and 64SpD) and Icicle Crash form 252+ Scarf Darmanitan (Relaxed nature and 252 HP), 192 surplus EVs put into Def for extra bulk. Specs is for Power Gem OHKO on Darmanitan and general extra damage. Relaxed nature and 0 Spe IV against Trick Room shenanigans. Ice Beam and Earth Power for coverage, subject for change.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm very new to the format and this is my first calc I did all on my own.

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Cursola @ Choice Specs
Relaxed Nature
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Made to survive Shadow Ball from 252+ Specs Dragapult (252 HP and 64SpD) and Icicle Crash form 252+ Scarf Darmanitan (Relaxed nature and 252 HP), 192 surplus EVs put into Def for extra bulk. Specs is for Power Gem OHKO on Darmanitan and general extra damage. Relaxed nature and 0 Spe IV against Trick Room shenanigans. Ice Beam and Earth Power for coverage, subject for change.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm very new to the format and this is my first calc I did all on my own.
If you survive darmanitan with HP and nature, you can invest less into defense and remove the nature, and then move the extra stats into special attack, as well as add a modest nature. I would also recommend not running perish body, as it’s not going to be effective on a choice specs user. Try Weak Armor or Cursed Body, both will end up being more useful. Trick room shenanigans are irrelevant as well.

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
Cursola @ Choice Specs
Relaxed Nature
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Your EVs are off:
252+ Atk Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Cursola: 282-333 (87 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
(using Choice Band for now because damagecalc doesn't process Gorilla Tactics)
You'd need 216 EVs in Defense for:
Cursola @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
That goes over the 510 EV limit. I've done some calcs, and optimizing that Cursola looks impossible:
I'm bad at mental math so I probably made some addition errors in this table but my point still stands
HP​
Def​
SpD​
Total​
252​
216​
64​
532​
248​
216​
64​
528​
244​
220​
64​
528​
240​
224​
64​
528​
236​
224​
76​
532​
232​
228​
76​
532​
228​
232​
88​
548​
224​
232​
88​
544​
220​
236​
88​
544​
216​
240​
88​
544​
212​
240​
100​
552​
208​
244​
100​
552​
204​
248​
116​
568​
200​
248​
116​
564​
196​
252​
116​
564​
Also, you can change the Nature to Bold in order to reduce the effects of moves like Foul Play and Strength Sap if you really want to stick with Cursola.

:sm/cursola:
Cursola @ Choice Specs
EVs: 244 HP / 220 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Power Gem
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This was the best I could do for it, as yeah, you cant really optimize it better. Its a 6.30% chance on Dragapult.

Looking for EVs on Adamant Choice Band Sawk. Goal is to live Outrage from Haxorous and still kill what it usually does, namely Dragapult with Throat Chop. Thanks in advance
EVs: 4 HP / 108 Atk / 160 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature

Tanks Adamant Choice Scarf Haxorus, KOs non-bulky Dragapult with Throat Chop 100% of the time, and rest of the EVs are in Speed.

Hey, i came across a very fun espeon set and wanted to use it too. could you help me optimize it's EV ?

Here's the set :

Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Magic Bounce
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Reflect

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime
So, I have been trying this set out but feel i it could be better. I want to make this set some what viable once sableye goes bye bye.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

Reactions: pqs

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
Um, I'm pretty sure you dont tank:

• 252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Fluffy Bewear: 442-521 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

You only need 140 Def to tank Hax, though.
This is kind of late, but for anyone reading this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Fluffy Bewear: 375-442 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Pokesartoolcay's mistake was that he set Naganadel without manually changing its SpA stat to fit Dragapult.

Edit: I am sorry Sanshokuinsumireko for pinging you; it was still there from a discarded attempt to EV.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Morpeko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Hunger Switch
EVs: 104 HP / 36 Atk / 160 SpD / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Psychic Fangs
- Brick Break
- Outrage

Made this as a meme set to beat Dragapult and Mew, and was wondering if this could be optimized to beat other mons as well

Freezing bird (Arctozolt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 16 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Def / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icy Wind
- Freeze-Dry
- Bolt Beak
- Taunt

I built this a couple days ago and it's really solid. 16 HP / 252 Def lives one 252 Atk Dracovish Fishious Rend and OHKOs with Freeze Dry using Life Orb. The same bulk allows it to beat Mimi using Icy Wind to speed control (loses to Salac though). That's two things this bird beats and Dracozolt doesn't (although the Dracovish matchup is kind of even). Taunt can shut down things like Corsola-G.

I was wondering if there was either a more effective set or different EVs for this mon. It could probably beat Pult with the correct investment (just not this one lol).

Pringles (Jellicent) (M) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Hex
- Surf

Jellicent is criminally underrated in the current metagame and it might even be worth a spot on the VR. Gen8 blessed it with a new recovery option: Strength Sap. Essentially, this is now a Corsola-G with some Stall Rotom-W properties.

This mon is in serious need of labbing. Compared to Corsola it has more offensive presence, more speed, and a ton more HP. The set I provided invalidates a lot of the physical meta and physical threats in general, including but not limited to: Dracovish, Galarm, Sawk, Excadrill, and Golisopod.

Currently trying to find either better EVs or more sets for this mon.

(sorry for double post, but it's been a week anyways)

Anchorman (Dhelmise) @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 52 HP / 248 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Claw
- Switcheroo
- Anchor Shot

Basically it's Copperajah with three STABs, but his job is to slam stuff with +1 248+ Atk moves. The speed lets it outpace bulky Sylveon for the anchor slam. Switcheroo is something it has over other strong and slow Choice Band users, which may be worth investigating. Is there defensive EVs for this thing? It has solid bulk.

Next up is a mon that I built around to reach 1530:

from a place (Coalossal) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Steam Engine
EVs: 60 HP / 156 Atk / 252 Def / 40 SpA
Brave Nature
- Tar Shot
- Heat Crash
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Burn Up

156+ Atk Heat Crash will always OHKO offensive Excadrill and you are safe because of the balloon. Tar Shot is great for Aegislash since it becomes 4x weak to Fire and you won't have to worry about being strong enough for the OHKO. It can definitely live Scarf Galarm but special EVs could be worth looking into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)