1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Azumarill is that although it does seem extremely anti-meta, is that it's just a worse Tapu Fini or Primarina in most situations. If it weren't for them, I'd be fine with an Azumarill rise, but because they exist, Azumarill should stay in D tier.
Problem is, Tapu Fini isn’t that good either. I’ve been testing Fini around Zard X Flare Blitz and that is a 2HKO unless Scald hax. Azu can tank it at ~75% health with thick fat. Prim does better but Azu’s Thick Fat Just is amazing, although that means giving up Huge Power.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Problem is, Tapu Fini isn’t that good either. I’ve been testing Fini around Zard X Flare Blitz and that is a 2HKO unless Scald hax. Azu can tank it at ~75% health with thick fat. Prim does better but Azu’s Thick Fat Just is amazing, although that means giving up Huge Power.
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 113-133 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
That's a zero bulky fini with a zero percent chance to get 2HKOd. Thick Fat legitimately worsens your Charizard matchups, mostly Y. Azu's damage output is absolutely pitiful without Huge Power and Thick Fat should never be considered imo. Also, Scald on Fini isn't really viable as it's own ability prevents it from getting a burn (which it could never get on a Charizard, anyways as fire types can't be burned).

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 113-133 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
That's a zero bulky fini with a zero percent chance to get 2HKOd. Thick Fat legitimately worsens your Charizard matchups, mostly Y. Azu's damage output is absolutely pitiful without Huge Power and Thick Fat should never be considered imo. Also, Scald on Fini isn't really viable as it's own ability prevents it from getting a burn (which it could never get on a Charizard, anyways as fire types can't be burned).
Never mind your other points for now, I’m really confused. I brought a Fini to a Zard X matchup and it 2HKOed my Fini, and that was without DDance. I don’t have a replay because I never thought to save it.

Never mind your other points for now, I’m really confused. I brought a Fini to a Zard X matchup and it 2HKOed my Fini, and that was without DDance. I don’t have a replay because I never thought to save it.
The only way Zard X potentially 2HKO’s Tapu Fini is with max Attack with Adamant nature with two lucky high rolls.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
The only way Zard X potentially 2HKO’s Tapu Fini is with max Attack with Adamant nature with two lucky high rolls.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 124-147 (44.1 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
Mega Charizard-X sometimes can run Thunder Punch viably. So if they miss they're Hydro Pump, then you can 2ko Tapu Fini with Thunder Punch, so it's not the only way.

I’ll try to include all the recent discussion in one response:

1526805764022.png
Mega-Sceptile - The ability to 50/50 Charizard X isn’t that great. I don’t really see the reason it should go up. Might be worth dropping entirely since Tapu Koko got banned.

1526805866852.png
Meloetta - It should rise up to B+. The Koko ban and popularity of the Z-set make it better. Crunch Gyarados and Magearna will probably always keep this Pokémon from returning to the halcyon days of the Perish Song meta when it was S rank.

1526805918101.png
Talonflame - This just seems like a bad Skarmory, which isn’t that great itself. It really needs to have priority Roost to be worth using. I guess it could be D. I’d want to drop something for it though.

1526806003208.png
Necrozma - The newness of the Specs set has worn off. I think more people know it has Heat Wave now. The reason to use the Stored Power set at all is because people think you’re Specs. I think it should remain B for a while longer.

1526806063663.png
Mega-Sableye - It can’t help but be better now that Koko is banned, but it still loses to both Zards and the Fairy pokemon other than Tapu Koko have gotten better as well. Taunt or Crunch Gyarados are also more common.

1526806150439.png
Azumarill - I just don’t see a good reason to use this when you could use Tapu Fini or Primarina instead. It should probably be unranked and reside in the Krookodile/Breloom tier.

1526806226578.png
Manaphy - B- seems like asking a lot. It just doesn’t have the tools to be well-rounded in 1v1. There’s just no way to make it beat all the Pokémon you’d expect it to beat with one single set. Plus, there are a lot of good Water-types in 1v1. It should’ve been ranked a while ago, though.

1526806351594.png
Mega-Mawile - I agree. This Pokémon has been left behind by gen 7. There are better Steel-types, better Fairy’s and better set-up Pokémon now. B.

1526838015984.png
Mega-Pinsir - This should drop along with Mega-Mawile. There are more and better Steel types, EVs are better, Gyarados isn’t the overwhelming force it used to be, Dragonite is better. Pretty much all developments in gen 7 have worked against Mega-Pinsir.

1526837966038.png
Porygon-Z - This should return to A now that you can run slow EV spreads much more safely. Z-Conversion is very strong, and it can even run tech moves like Nasty Plot, Recover, and Sub.

1526837733851.png
Blaziken - I just don’t see the reason to use this over Charizard. You basically have to hope the essentially one Pokémon you’re luring with your 4th move is what your opponent brings. I don’t remember a single person bringing this in PL. Not that other good Pokémon didn’t have lower usage than Mega-Pidgeot also, but in combination with my feelings on it, I found it telling. It should at least drop to B. I’d like a drop to B-.

1526838043092.png
Genesect - Is this really more versatile than Greninja? It might be better now that Tapu Koko is banned, but Greninja is better too. I think it should drop to B+ or Greninja should rise to A-.

1526838204281.png
Infernape - There are some solid memes that are possible using this Pokémon, but they’re just that, memes. Is this any better than the Brelooms, Nidokings, and Kyurems of 1v1? I doubt it. No one has shown it to be in a year and a half.

1526838235183.png
Hitmonlee - Hitmonlee just sucks. Not even Tv_Party uses it anymore. Those usable unranked Pokémon I’ve mentioned? This is worse than them.

1526838510231.png
Stakataka - I don’t really see the point of using this. It just seems like bad Avalugg, bad Ferrothorn, just outclassed by the other really slow mons. Is this any better than Gigalith?

1526838642868.png
Deoxys-Speed - This just seems like a C+ mon to me. Maybe it always has been. PP stall and Specs beat different things and are hard to predict. It has definitely been getting more use.

1526838899916.png
Steelix-Mega - It should’ve been ranked C- in the last VR. It should be D rank now. I always seem to lose to this, so it must be good, right?

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey everybody,

parody__the_krookodile_by_skooiscoo-d5dkfh3.png

(Art by SkoolsCoo)

No, I'm not joking. We need to seriously look at Krookodile. This unsuspecting landcroc, I have discovered, is basically Buzzwole, but with better offensive typing, a unsuspecting wall that can beat things that hit it super effectively. While it's 95/80 physical bulk might seem deceptively mediocre, its ability Intimidate gives it an effective bulk of 95/145, which can allow it to lure in, tank and beat several physical threats, such as:

-Mega Lopunny
-Mimikyu
-Mega Mawile (after one bulk up, with proper evs you'll always live play rough into sucker and ohko with tectonic)
-Mega Charizard x
-Blaziken/Mega Blaziken
-Mega Pinsir
-Zygarde-Complete (if you run taunt)
-Metagross-Mega (a bit shaky, you can't ev to live max attack hammer arm and ohko bulky metagross at the same time, bulldoze on krook will make it a 50/50 for against Metagross)
-Snorlax (if you run taunt)
-Donphan/Golem/Crustle/Aggron
-Potentially Mega Gyarados/Dnite (I haven't found a consistent method or ev spread that allows you to prevent setup, tank their moves, and eventually beat a well-played MGyara and Dnite, because both of these mons require multiple hits to beat and have the potential to set up while you set up, but I know Krookodile has the tools at its disposal to beat these)

And several other physical threats. He can also beat mons like Magearna, Magnezone, Aegislash, slow lele, non-giga drain M-Venu, non-Power whip Ferrothorn, Jumpluff (the last three you need taunt).

Set wise, I would recommend:
Groundium
-Earthquake
-Bulk Up
-Taunt
-Rock Tomb/Bulldoze

and 8 HP / 252+ Def as a minimum bulk. Investing in Hp before investing in def is kinda pointless, Spdef wise you're gonna drop to anything thats faster or that you can’t OHKO. This mon is a physdef threat, don't try to make it something its not. Speedwise and attack wise, those evs are up in the air, as far as I know; I've only messed with this thing for a week, and I have yet to fully optimize the evs to best fit the meta.

That being said, the team i have used with krookodile has gotten me as high as 1889 on the ladder (Rank one, at the time); it's proficiency in countering several popular and viable threats makes Krookodile an excellent anti-meta mon, even if I haven't fully optimized its ev spread.

Taking all this into account, I think Krookodile frankly deserves a C+/B- rank. C+ seems too low for how well it can beat top level threats, but it would be understandable to place it there considering how admittedly mild its matchups are with mons ranked B and below.

Last edited:
I’ll try to include all the recent discussion in one response:

View attachment 116943 Mega-Sceptile - The ability to 50/50 Charizard X isn’t that great. I don’t really see the reason it should go up. Might be worth dropping entirely since Tapu Koko got banned.

View attachment 116944 Meloetta - It should rise up to B+. The Koko ban and popularity of the Z-set make it better. Crunch Gyarados and Magearna will probably always keep this Pokémon from returning to the halcyon days of the Perish Song meta when it was S rank.

View attachment 116945 Talonflame - This just seems like a bad Skarmory, which isn’t that great itself. It really needs to have priority Roost to be worth using. I guess it could be D. I’d want to drop something for it though.

View attachment 116946 Necrozma - The newness of the Specs set has worn off. I think more people know it has Heat Wave now. The reason to use the Stored Power set at all is because people think you’re Specs. I think it should remain B for a while longer.

View attachment 116948 Mega-Sableye - It can’t help but be better now that Koko is banned, but it still loses to both Zards and the Fairy pokemon other than Tapu Koko have gotten better as well. Taunt or Crunch Gyarados are also more common.

View attachment 116949 Azumarill - I just don’t see a good reason to use this when you could use Tapu Fini or Primarina instead. It should probably be unranked and reside in the Krookodile/Breloom tier.

View attachment 116950 Manaphy - B- seems like asking a lot. It just doesn’t have the tools to be well-rounded in 1v1. There’s just no way to make it beat all the Pokémon you’d expect it to beat with one single set. Plus, there are a lot of good Water-types in 1v1. It should’ve been ranked a while ago, though.

View attachment 116951 Mega-Mawile -I agree. This Pokémon has been left behind by gen 7. There are better Steel-types, better Fairy’s and better set-up Pokémon now. B.

View attachment 117008 Mega-Pinsir - This should drop along with Mega-Mawile. There are more and better Steel types, EVs are better, Gyarados isn’t the overwhelming force it used to be, Dragonite is better. Pretty much all developments in gen 7 have worked against Mega-Pinsir.

View attachment 117007Porygon-Z - This should return to A now that you can run slow EV spreads much more safely. Z-Conversion is very strong, and it can even run tech moves like Nasty Plot, Recover, and Sub.

View attachment 117005 Blaziken - I just don’t see the reason to use this over Charizard. You basically have to hope the essentially one Pokémon you’re luring with your 4th move is what your opponent brings. I don’t remember a single person bringing this in PL. Not that other good Pokémon didn’t have lower usage than Mega-Pidgeot also, but in combination with my feelings on it, I found it telling. It should at least drop to B. I’d like a drop to B-.

View attachment 117011 Genesect - Is this really more versatile than Greninja? It might be better now that Tapu Koko is banned, but Greninja is better too. I think it should drop to B+ or Greninja should rise to A-.

View attachment 117012 Infernape - There are some solid memes that are possible using this Pokémon, but they’re just that, memes. Is this any better than the Brelooms, Nidokings, and Kyurems of 1v1? I doubt it. No one has shown it to be in a year and a half.

View attachment 117013Hitmonlee - Hitmonlee just sucks. Not even Tv_Party uses it anymore. Those usable unranked Pokémon I’ve mentioned? This is worse than them.

View attachment 117014 Stakataka - I don’t really see the point of using this. It just seems like bad Avalugg, bad Ferrothorn, just outclassed by the other really slow mons. Is this any better than Gigalith?

View attachment 117015 Deoxys-Speed - This just seems like a C+ mon to me. Maybe it always has been. PP stall and Specs beat different things and are hard to predict. It has definitely been getting more use.

View attachment 117016 Steelix-Mega - It should’ve been ranked C- in the last VR. It should be D rank now. I always seem to lose to this, so it must be good, right?
Why are you comparing Skarmory to Talonflame? They have different roles in the metagame, therefore it makes no sense to compare them.

Mega-Sceptile - The ability to 50/50 Charizard X isn’t that great. I don’t really see the reason it should go up. Might be worth dropping entirely since Tapu Koko got banned.
... It used to go 2/2 against S ranks, now it's 1/1 because of koko's ban.
He still counters M-Gyarados 100% of the time (few details aside) with a step-by-step play that doesn't even look at what M-Gyarados is doing.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 44 HP / 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Frenzy Plant
- Rock Tomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The EV distribution + nature allows Sceptile to :
1) Have 407 speed, which allows it to barely outspeed Scarf Modest Porygon-Z and Lopunny, as it OHKOs them with Frenzy.
2) The attack investment (and drop of SpD) is for the step-by-step plan against M-Gyarados : Rock tomb > Frenzy Plant (from what I tested) takes care of Gyarados regardless of bulk and timing of mega Evolution. I will explain it right below

1526914758126.png

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Ice Fang vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 252-298 (86.3 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 214-254 (73.2 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm going to start by displaying this thing above. Then simply say that if Gyarados fails to OHKO Sceptile turn 1, it loses the match-up, accuracy aside.
What Sceptile needs to do to win is simple :
1) Use Rock Tomb turn 1 (without Mega-evolving because dragon typing doesn't help in this matchup) to do some damage to Gyarados while negating the speed boost from an eventual dragon dance. That step is needed to bring non-mega Gyarados into Frenzy kill range.
2) Mega-Evolve and une Frenzy Plant. Frenzy OHKO M-Gyarados because of the loss of his Flying type and should be able to pick up the kill if Gyarados didn't mega-evolve after Gyarados gets hit by Rock Tomb.

The only way for M-Gyarados to win vs a Sceptile that does what I described is to be Adamant, run Ice Fang, Mega-Evolve turn 1 and hope for a high roll or a crit (or to run Bounce, but no one does that). And even then, Sceptile can still take that bet and Mega Frenzy turn 1 to get the win.
It is, imo, also important to note that M-Sceptile OHKO Lando-T with Frenzy, and therefore wins the matchup as long as Lando-T isn't scarfed.
HP fire is to take care of the few Kartanas I come accross (hoping they aren't scarfed).
Long story short, it does quite well against the non-scarf fast mons if Frenzy isn't resisted.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
DEG to update VR
Code:
Tapu Koko S -> Banned
Mega Charizard Y A -> A+
Aegislash A- -> B+
Gensect A- -> B+
Mega Altaria B -> B+
Mega Mawile A- > B
Blaziken B+ -> B
Meloetta B -> B+
Volcarona C+ -> B-
Deoxys-S C -> C+
Vivillon D -> C+
Meowstic-M Unranked -> C
Ninetales-A C -> C-
Cloyster Unranked -> C-
Mega Manectric C- -> D
Breloom Unranked -> D
Hitmonlee C -> Unranked
Stakataka C- -> Unranked

DEG to update VR
Code:
Tapu Koko S -> Banned
Mega Charizard Y A -> A+
Aegislash A- -> B+
Gensect A- -> B+
Mega Altaria B -> B+
Mega Mawile A- > B
Blaziken B+ -> B
Meloetta B -> B+
Volcarona C+ -> B-
Deoxys-S C -> C+
Vivillon D -> C+
Meowstic-M Unranked -> C
Ninetales-A C -> C-
Cloyster Unranked -> C-
Mega Manectric C- -> D
Breloom Unranked -> D
Hitmonlee C -> Unranked
Stakataka C- -> Unranked
Uhm not sure but didnt we all agree on Kommoo B- -> B+ or am i missing something here macey. Rest im all aboard

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
DEG to update VR
Code:
Tapu Koko S -> Banned
Mega Charizard Y A -> A+
Aegislash A- -> B+
Gensect A- -> B+
Mega Altaria B -> B+
Mega Mawile A- > B
Blaziken B+ -> B
Meloetta B -> B+
Volcarona C+ -> B-
Deoxys-S C -> C+
Vivillon D -> C+
Meowstic-M Unranked -> C
Ninetales-A C -> C-
Cloyster Unranked -> C-
Mega Manectric C- -> D
Breloom Unranked -> D
Hitmonlee C -> Unranked
Stakataka C- -> Unranked
why did vivillon get a rise? nobody really brought it up or discussed it in this forum, unless i missed a post or two

was it bc of koko

I don't get why Viv is ranked at all, Quiv Dance isn't even that good on it.
Noms:
Golem B+ --> ???
I have never seen Golem on the ladder, ever.
It's matchups are terrible, and I don't get why it's in B+. A drop to C+ might suit it. It loses to almost everything in B+ and it only gets worse higher in the viability ranks. Although living Char Y Solar Beam and OHKOing back is nice.

Aron D --> UR
I get that Aron is a FEAR mon and sees usage, but do we really need to rank it? FEAR gets shut down by Taunt, Sub, Fake Out, and anything immune to Toxic/Sandstorm(basically steels). FEAR doesn't deserve to be ranked.

This might be a bit drastic but
Char X or Mimikyu to S or S-
They are one of the staples in the meta now. I've discussed banning mimk before. Curse, Twave, Shadow Sneak, SD, whatever, there are many, many sets it can run. It can nuke things with LSF, NEN or even TT, picking up OHKOs left and right after an SD. I wouldn't be surprised if Mimik doesn't rise tho.
For Char X, it also dominates the meta. I've seen more Char Xs than Gyara M and it can 2HKO Gyara M with ThunderPunch(outspeeds), beats Dnite with Ourage/DClaw, OHKOs Mag and Meta-M, breaks Disguise with EQ/Tpunch and proceeds to OHKO Mimik, while MImik even at +1 or using LSF can't OHKO back. It can OHKO Char Y with Outrage, 2HKOs Lax with DClaw or Outrage, and wins almost every matchup against Lele. This thing powerful and should be in S/S-.
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 322-381 (114.5 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 200-236 (60.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 363-427 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 265-313 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 523-616 (315 - 371%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 307-363 (122.3 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (EQ to break Disguise, then Flare Blitz to OHKO.)

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 228 HP / 28 Def Mimikyu: 577-681 (362.8 - 428.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (This is Curse Mimik)

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 312-367 (105 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 452-534 (124.5 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (AV set)

8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 202-238 (68 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

148 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 99-117 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 360-426 (103.7 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I might post more sometime later. This behemoth should be in S-/S.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
I don't get why Viv is ranked at all, Quiv Dance isn't even that good on it.
Think of Vivillon as a slower but much more reliable Jumpluff. It's very good.
Golem B+ --> ???
I have never seen Golem on the ladder, ever.
It's matchups are terrible, and I don't get why it's in B+. A drop to C+ might suit it. It loses to almost everything in B+ and it only gets worse higher in the viability ranks. Although living Char Y Solar Beam and OHKOing back is nice.
Golem is every bit as good Donphan. In fact, they're essentially the same Pokemon. If you believe that GolPhan should drop, you can post your reasons for that, but they belong together.
Aron D --> UR
I get that Aron is a FEAR mon and sees usage, but do we really need to rank it? FEAR gets shut down by Taunt, Sub, Fake Out, and anything immune to Toxic/Sandstorm(basically steels). FEAR doesn't deserve to be ranked.
It beats Taunt and Steels with Endeavor+Metal Burst, Substitute is a non-problem, and Fake Out loses to Protect.
Curse, Twave, Shadow Sneak, SD, whatever, there are many, many sets it can run. It can nuke things with LSF, NEN or even TT, picking up OHKOs left and right after an SD
The absolute maximum number of sets it could be considered to have is five. In order of viability: Mimikium SD, TWave+Z-Curse, Mimikium Curse, Mimikium Bulk Up, Ghostium SD. For comparison, Pokemon we think of as one-dimensional such as Zygarde and Aegislash also have five sets.
I've seen more Char Xs than Gyara M
Gyarados-Mega | 11.65502%
Charizard-Mega-X | 10.18156%
it can 2HKO Gyara M with ThunderPunch
-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 40 Def Gyarados-Mega: 140-166 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
beats Dnite with Ourage/DClaw
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 265-313 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It needs to predict right and be speedy SpD WoW+Flame Charge
breaks Disguise with EQ/Tpunch and proceeds to OHKO Mimik, while MImik even at +1 or using LSF can't OHKO back
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 96 Def Mimikyu: 273-322 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 128 Atk Mimikyu Let's Snuggle Forever vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 391-462 (131.6 - 155.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
OR
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 248 HP / 248 Def Mimikyu: 171-202 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 12+ Atk Mimikyu Let's Snuggle Forever+Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 345-406 (116.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
2HKOs Lax with DClaw or Outrage
252+ Atk Snorlax Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 277-327 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
(Or just Yawn->Protect->Z-Belly Drum->Double Edge)
and wins almost every matchup against Lele
*loses. It only wins against bad sets unless Adamant, in which case Lele can outspeed often times.
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Tapu Lele: 289-342 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Think of Vivillon as a slower but much more reliable Jumpluff. It's very good.

Golem is every bit as good Donphan. In fact, they're essentially the same Pokemon. If you believe that GolPhan should drop, you can post your reasons for that, but they belong together.

It beats Taunt and Steels with Endeavor+Metal Burst, Substitute is a non-problem, and Fake Out loses to Protect.

The absolute maximum number of sets it could be considered to have is five. In order of viability: Mimikium SD, TWave+Z-Curse, Mimikium Curse, Mimikium Bulk Up, Ghostium SD. For comparison, Pokemon we think of as one-dimensional such as Zygarde and Aegislash also have five sets.

Gyarados-Mega | 11.65502%
Charizard-Mega-X | 10.18156%

-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 40 Def Gyarados-Mega: 140-166 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It needs to predict right and be speedy SpD WoW+Flame Charge

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 96 Def Mimikyu: 273-322 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 128 Atk Mimikyu Let's Snuggle Forever vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 391-462 (131.6 - 155.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
OR
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 248 HP / 248 Def Mimikyu: 171-202 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 12+ Atk Mimikyu Let's Snuggle Forever+Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 345-406 (116.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Snorlax Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 277-327 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
(Or just Yawn->Protect->Z-Belly Drum->Double Edge)

*loses. It only wins against bad sets unless Adamant, in which case Lele can outspeed often times.
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Tapu Lele: 289-342 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Did you look at my calcs? I’ll admit I got the GyaraM calcs wrong, forgetting to count Intimidate, but the rest should be accurate.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Did you look at my calcs? I’ll admit I got the GyaraM calcs wrong, forgetting to count Intimidate, but the rest should be accurate.
Most of your calcs are right, but completely irrelevant. Good Mimikyus and Leles run plenty of bulk, so your 0/0 calcs were mostly irrelevant, except on the low ladder. Sure, you can 2HKO Dragonite and Snorlax. This doesn't matter, however, if it OHKOs you in return.

lost heros

Meme Master
No man your calcs are off.

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 322-381 (114.5 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 200-236 (60.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 363-427 (78.7 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 523-616 (315 - 371%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 307-363 (122.3 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (EQ to break Disguise, then Flare Blitz to OHKO.)

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 228 HP / 28 Def Mimikyu: 577-681 (362.8 - 428.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (This is Curse Mimik)

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 312-367 (105 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 452-534 (124.5 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (AV set)

8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 202-238 (68 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

148 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 99-117 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 360-426 (103.7 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I might post more sometime later. This behemoth should be in S-/S.
Lele runs Psychium Z and enough bulk to live a jolly Flare Blitz and OHKO with shattered psyche like Mace showed

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 240-283 (45.8 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
Snorlax runs defensive bulk so the matchup depends on either Charizard Subbing on a predicted yawn then double outraging, getting a 46.9% 2HKO and not hit itself in confusion. Or if it doesn't run sub it either has to do >50% (50% chance right there) and then do 50% and wake up turn 1 (33%) which is an 8.33% win chance or if Charizard hits a low roll it has to then hit the high roll (10%) and also wake up turn 1 (33%) which is a 3.33% chance of winning meaning brute forcing the match up leaves you with a 11.66% chance of victory. It's not impossible. It's just not likely.

Your first dragonite calc is right, but the second one is way way off. Charizard X can't OHKO cause of Multiscale so Dnite if it's running a z crystal or weakness policy can set up ddance and OHKO with its own outrage. Or if it's choice band OHKO outright. Of course it can’t run outrage into extreme speed only someone that temporarily forgot how outrage works would think that.
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 440-522 (122.2 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 296-350 (82.2 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 66-78 (18.3 - 21.6%) -- possible 5HKO

Mimikyu also can run bulk with its SD/Bulk up sets and sets up and OHKOes with Let's Snuggle Forever.

The steel types and Zard Y calc's are fine

Last edited:

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.

Almost all of these calcs are useless. Dragonite does not run no bulk, nor does lele, snorlax, mimikyu, Char y usually runs bulk unless timid, Magearna doesn't run AV in 1v1. Ever. And Mega Mteagross runs more attack. Nor was it ever said Mega Metagross beats Char x

130-mega.png
Mega Gyarados-

Now that Tapu Koko is banned, I think Mega-Gyarados should either drop from S or Mega-Charizard-X should rise up to S.

How could banning Mega-Gyarados’s best counter make it worse? Well, it’s not worse, it’s just that everything else has become better now that Tapu Koko isn’t stifling other less broken mons. When Tapu Koko and Kyurem were in the meta, things were centered around a certain few Pokémon that Gyarados could beat, like Kyurem-Black, Charizard-X and Donphan. To put it another way, aside from Tapu Koko, Gyarados could beat all the strongest Pokémon. Now the weaker Pokémon that beat Gyarados have become more viable isn’t the absence of the formerly OP Tapu Koko. It has become less punishing to run Pokémon like Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, and even Breloom because they are no longer as bad relative to the overall power level of the meta.

6.png
- Charizard

The Charizards should be two different Pokémon again and Charizard-Mega-X should rise to S. If Charizard is combined into one Pokémon it should pretty much always be S.

Charizard-Mega-X is better than Y because it is physical, can boost its attacking stat and can change its type. Dragon is also a very slightly better typing than Flying, so X gets to create a 50/50 without paying a price for it. Gyarados’s 50/50 isn’t as good, as Dark and Flying are equally good types. The 50/50 between Y and X is lost by Y more often than X, because rock coverage almost always beats Y, while X can win against weak coverage.

Perhaps this is just me justifying my feeling with bad reasoning. I’m not sure how to make this more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)