1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Mega Gyarados is no better than Charizard or Mimikyu at this point. Mega Charizard and Mimikyu to S is one option, but Mimikyu to S, separating the Zards and dropping Dnite to A would also be okay. Abolishing the S rank altogether and dropping Dnite could also work.
Dropping S is a no-no.
What I instead suggest is the swapping of Gyarados and Charizard-X on the vr. Charizard building has gone wild as of late, making it to such an extent that even if you know that the opponent is using specifically Charizard-X, you still have to play guessing games as to movesets and evs. The added ambiguity of being a possible Charizard-Y at team preview is only icing on the cake of a mon that would be S without it.

Mimikyu is also due for a rise, for similar reasons to Charizard-X, in addition to the fact that its Curse sets have outright mandated mons to run niche moves/spreads in order to counteract it (Rock Tomb/Flame Charge/outspeeding max Speed/etc).

Zeraora should be B+ or A- I think.
Whoa there, you're up a rank or two. While Zeraora may have many similar traits in common with the widely-feared Koko, it also has similar elements to the lesser-feared Blaziken, in the sense that it ends up stretching itself thin trying to beat metagame threats. The separate sets may all combine together to cover a wide portion of the metagame, but since you can only use one set at a time, it often ends up not beating much at all, and is left being best used as an anchor for your team to cover particular threats your core may lose to. I'd start it at B-/B for now.

Buzzwole B- to C
Buzzwole just isn't good. Its defensive typing is nearly as bad as its SpD stat.
On the contrary, with Koko gone, one of its biggest threats has been removed, and with sets capable of bulking top threats like Charizard-X, Metagross, and Mimikyu (No setup), I would dare suggest that it belongs in an even higher place than it is already in.

everything else is ok ig

Dropping S is a no-no.
What I instead suggest is the swapping of Gyarados and Charizard-X on the vr. Charizard building has gone wild as of late, making it to such an extent that even if you know that the opponent is using specifically Charizard-X, you still have to play guessing games as to movesets and evs. The added ambiguity of being a possible Charizard-Y at team preview is only icing on the cake of a mon that would be S without it.

Mimikyu is also due for a rise, for similar reasons to Charizard-X, in addition to the fact that its Curse sets have outright mandated mons to run niche moves/spreads in order to counteract it (Rock Tomb/Flame Charge/outspeeding max Speed/etc).
Totally agree. Charizard dominates the higher ladder. Mimik is so common nowadays that you have to run something that beats it reliably. Plus, with the dominace of the Zards, zard Y is pretty popular too. I might argue for a rise for zard Y, but for now it should remain in A+. Sometimes predicting the wrong zard can mean your death (looking at my kyub against Zard Y)

pazza

Banned deucer.
Credits to AllFourtyOne for telling me how good furfrou is and helping me with the calcs and stuff

better then deod

UR -> C- or C (or if your crazy like me C+)

style (Furfrou-Matron) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snarl
- Rest
- Toxic
- Cotton Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Rest
- Toxic
- Substitute

Furfrou is a really bulky mon on the physical side, thanks to its ability fur coat which doubles its defense. That with cotton guard makes it an unkillable beast! It can take down many big threats in the meta like Mega-Gyarados , MegaCharx , Dragonite,LandoT and Mimikyu.
Furfrou vs the VR!
S Rank

Gyarados-Mega. Gets 6+ in 2 turns and then turn 3 toxic and you win with no crits
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Furfrou: 84-99 (23.7 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Furfrou: 220-259 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A+ Rank

Charizard-Mega-X You outspeed and get +3 and it can't hurt you
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 84-99 (23.7 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Charizard-Mega-Y keep on subbing and snarling
-6 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Furfrou in Sun: 115-136 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery most smart players could play around this. but if there not smart then you win

Dragonite Special set you snarl they zmove
-1 248 SpA Dragonite Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 193-228 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
great you lived snarl again
-2 248 SpA Dragonite Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 97-115 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 63.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
now rest get a toxic in there somewhere and keep snarling hope for no crits.
Physical set you cotton guard
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 99-117 (27.9 - 33%) -- 80.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Cotton guard again and then rest.
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 61-73 (17.2 - 20.6%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
if your under 20 when you wake up then rest and again if your over 30 then toxic and keep on resting.

Magearna dont win

Metagross-Mega you wall it with cotton guard and then snarl it till it dies.

Mimikyu get a toxic on it and then snarl it and rest if you go under 50 and then psychical set u wall

A Rank

Landorus-Therian
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 127-150 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- 93% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery toxic and then rest apply pressure by using snarl to chip them if they start to keep on dding and haven't use there z move.

Snorlax lol immunity

Tapu Lele you lose

Zygarde-Complete
+6 0 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 72-85 (20.3 - 24%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
you lose the pp war
A- Rank

Lopunny-Mega you lose

Magnezone you win vs both specs and z

Porygon-Z lose here too

Slowbro-Mega you lose the pp war

Venusaur-Mega you lose

B+ Rank

Aegislash you should win this

Altaria-Mega
-1 204+ SpA Pixilate Altaria-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 201-237 (56.7 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
toxic and and snarl again then rest. you wall the physical set

Aggron-Mega you beat it

Donphan you wall this

Gardevoir-Mega you win this by snarl + toxic

Genesect you lose v the specs set

Golem you wall this

Greninja
you win with snarl and rest

Jumpluff hope that they miss sleep powder t1 and get toxic and you win otherwise you lose

Meloetta you lose

Naganadel you lose

Pinsir-Mega you win

Primarina you lose

Tapu Fini You lose here too

B Rank

Blaziken you lose

Chansey you win v any non rest or sets

Ferrothorn you lose

Garchomp you win

Heatran u lose

Heracross-Mega u win

Kartana what if I told you, you 3hko with snarl. lol you win

Mawile-Mega you lose because you cant hurt it

Mew both sets beat you lol

Necrozma u lose

Sableye-Mega u win if it doesn't have taunt

Sawk u lose

Tyranitar-Mega you win

B- Rank

Blastoise-Mega you win

Blissey you win vs any non rest sets

Buzzwole you lose

Celesteela u lose

Crustle you win

Diancie-Mega lol you lose

Durant you win
252+ Atk Choice Band Durant Close Combat vs. +3 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 112-134 (31.6 - 37.8%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gengar-Mega you lose

Hoopa-Unbound you win

Kommo-o nope

Swampert-Mega yes you win

Togekiss depends you can win if you get 2 snarls off

Volcarona nop

Whimsicott get a toxic off and you win

C+ Rank

Archeops you win

Avalugg you win

Camerupt-Mega you prolly lose

Carracosta you win unless special

Deoxys-S you lose here

Excadrill lol you lose 1. Mold breaker 2. you cant hurt it

Gallade-Mega you lose

Latios you lose

Lucario-Mega you lose

Marowak-Alola you win

Medicham-Mega you lose

Pheromosa you lose

Porygon2 you win

Scizor-Mega you lose

Tapu Bulu you win

Terrakion you lose

Umbreon you lose

Victini you win

Vivillon ban sleep

C Rank

Blacephalon
you lose

Entei you win

Garchomp-Mega you win

Haxorus you win

Hydreigon you lose

Infernape you lose

Keldeo you lose

Landorus you lose

Latias-Mega you lose

Meowstic-M idk what this does so im just gonna say you win with toxic + snarl

Nihilego u lose lol

Pidgeot-Mega you win with good sleep turns

Relicanth U wall it

Thundurus-Therian this is lose

C- Rank

Cloyster u wall this

Ninetales-Alola you win

Pyukumuku you lose

Quagsire you win with rest and toxic

Rhyperior you wall this

Serperior you lose

Salazzle you lose too

Skarmory you lose

Suicune u lose

D Rank

Abomasnow-Mega walled
+2 252+ Atk Abomasnow-Mega Wood Hammer vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 81-96 (22.8 - 27.1%) -- 42.1% chance to 4HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

Alakazam-Mega you could win
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 202-238 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 135-159 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
just need good sleep turns t3

Aron sorry you lose to this

Azumarill you wall this too
228+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Superpower vs. +3 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 138-164 (38.9 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Barbaracle lol you wall this mon but even at +6 it doesn't even 1hko
+6 208+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. +6 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 198-234 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Breloom get a toxic because its mostly likely the sporeseed set.

Clefable toxic

Dusclops you lose this one

Manectric-Mega lost

Sceptile lost

Slaking
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Hammer Arm vs. +3 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 116-138 (32.7 - 38.9%) -- 6.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Smeargle you lose

Stunfisk snarl + toxic

Type: Null you lose this

Volcanion snarl + toxic

You win vs 57 out of 118 mons

Last edited:
Lickitung Unranked -> D or C-

Gummy (Lickitung) @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Cut
- Defense Curl

This monster can live a ton of special hits from many VR mons such as a max special attack Tapu Lele Z psychic in psychic terrain, a max special attack greninja Z hydro cannon, and a max special attack Zard Y Blast Burn in sun. It also lives the follow up hit thanks to amnesia and has a healing move in rest for a full heal and with the sheer amount of pp it has thanks to its move pool (defense curl has 64 pp, rest has amnesia has 32, cut has 48, and rest has 16 pp + 2 turns of no pp consumption per use), it can pp stall most of the tier. Now most of you might be thinking, "that is easily beaten by taunt!" but that is where lickitung's ability, oblivious, comes into effect, giving it full immunity to taunt. As a result, Lickitung can beat most special attackers in 1v1 and can stall them out well. It, however, has its answers. It is slow to set up physically and thus can bet beaten by physical attackers if they have swords dance or belly drum. Special mention goes to kartana who can use sacred sword and completely ignore the defense curl boosts that Lickitung sets up. Another thing that can easily beat it is spite, which can easily burn through Lickitung's pp quicker than it wants to. Also, pokemon that utilize laser focus or high crit moves such as Metagross and Gallade, can also shred through it by also ignoring its boosts. Overall though, Lickitung is a solid special wall in 1v1 and I suggest that it have a spot on the VR even if it is D rank.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Lickitung Unranked -> D or C-
C- is way to high for a mediocre PP staller, It dies to most of the meta on the physical side, and rest isn't the best form of recovery early. I don't believe that Lickitung deserves a rank at all, because anything can be useful as a gimmick low ladder, but Viability is primarily Viability against good players, who almost always have a Pokemon to beat it.

Having a single faceted wall is inefficient in 1v1. The few Pokemon that function as a wall for exclusively the physical or special side have ways to beat mons besides being a tank. Altaria uses its high base damage, Z Reflect Lele is well, Lele and has incredible damage.

The only way to describe Lickitung is a Chinese Bootleg of the Dollar Tree version of the Walmart Exclusive Slowbro Mega

And to Pazza
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Rest
- Toxic
- Cotton Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Rest
- Toxic
- Substitute
I think you may want to consider the Metronome Echoed Voice Set, which has essentially Identical EVs, but hits hard as heck.

Echoed Voice:
Turn 1 - 40 BP
Turn 2 - 96 BP (80*1.2)
Turn 3 - 168 BP (120*1.4)
Turn 4 - 256 BP (160*1.6)
Turn 5 - 360 BP (200*1.8)
Turn 6 - 400 BP (200*2)

0 SpA Metronome Furfrou Echoed Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 368-433 (107.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed KO in 1 turns
At Turn 6

Echoed Voice additionally allows you to beat Zygarde, Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Pyukumuku, Celesteela, Blissey and Chansey Without Calm Mind, Jumpluff, and Whimsicott (If They Sub Turn 1)
Also, Furfrou Regardless Wins against Sableye, Aggron, and with the Sub Set beats Vivilion (by using sub turn 1)

Last edited:
I'm currently playing Milotic as a defensive wall. Might nom' it once I gathered enough data (as in calcs), but I would put it quite high actually.

I was kind of surprised to see this mon unranked, but I figured it was worth the nom' since it's actually not half bad.
unranked to C/C+
So Shaymin isn't exactly what I would consider a perfect mon in the current meta, as I used it a lot more pre-Koko ban and it's useless against both Zards, but it does have a really nice niche. With access to 100/100/100 bulk and Synthesis + Leech Seed, it's one of the bulkier grass types. Added onto the fact that Seed Flare's SpDef drops are insanely clutch and this mon actually helps to beat a lot of the more annoying threats to prep for, such as Mimikyu or any of the Sturdy mons. Seeing as how I'm complete ass when it comes to ev's, I'll just go ahead and toss the spread from the paste. Feel free to discuss whether I'm right or wrong or whatever, just felt it was worth the discussion since this is good in the meta disregarding Zards imo

Shaymin @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 36 SpA / 60 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
[/QUOTE]
I'm currently playing Milotic as a defensive wall. Might nom' it once I gathered enough data (as in calcs), but I would put it quite high actually.
Yikes, and I thought I was confident in my Main 'Mon.

Milotic: Unranked -> D

Cons
  1. It's a lackluster wall that relies on a subpar HP (95) and Low speed (81)
  2. It Relies on coil boosts to make up for its Middling Special Attack (100), which causes it to move over to its Awful Attack Stat (60)
  3. It can't boost Specially
  4. Crumples to early taunt
Pros
  1. Fantastic Ability
  2. Recover
  3. Status Immune
  4. Water Typing
Analysis:
It Takes hits well from physical attackers, As I said, can't reliably defend against special hits.

I'd put its MU Chart somewhere around here

(S/Supposed S): ChaX - W, Gyara - L
(A): ChaY - L, Dnite - W?, Magearna- L, Metag - W, Mimi - L, Zone - L, Lop - W, LandoT - W, Lax - L, Lele - L, Zyg - L, PZ - L, Bro- L, Venu - L
(B): Aegi - L, MAlt - L, Agg - W, Golphan - W, Garde - L, Gene - L, Gren - W, WhimsiPluff - L, Melo - L, Naga, L, Pinsir - W, Prim - ?, Fini - ?, Blaziken - W, Chansey - L, Ferro - L, Cele- L, Chomp - W, Maw - L, Kart - L, Hera - L, Mew - L, Necroz -L, Sab - L, Sawk - W, TTar - W, Blast - ?, Blis - L, Buzz - L, Crust - ?, Diancie - ?, Durant - W, Geng - L, Hoops - L, Kom - L, Swamp - ?, Toge - L, Volcarona - L,
(C): Arch - W, Lugg - W, Cam - W, Carra - ?, DeoSpeed - L, Exca - W, Gallade - W, Latios - L, Luc - L, Maro - W, Medi - L, Phero - L, p2 - L, Scizor - L, Bulu - Rof big L, Terrak - W, Umbreon - W, Victini - ?, Vivil - L, Blah - L, Entei - W, ChompM - W, Haxy - W, Infernape - ?, Keldeo- L, LandoI - W, Latias - L, MeowM - L, Niheligo - ?, F l o W W w - L, Reli - W, ThunT - L, Cloy - L, ATales - L, Pyuk - L, Quag - L, Rhyperior, - W, Serp - L, Salazzle - W, Skarm - W, Suicune - L
(D): Aboma - L, Zam - L, Aron - L, Azumarill - L, Barb - ?, Breloom - ?, Clefable - L, Dusclops - L, Manec - L, Scep - L, Slaki - L, Stun - L, Smearg - L, TNull - L, Volcanion - L,
(DNU) Ditto - W, Magnemite - W
(Nominated): Zera - L, Shaymin - L, Shiinotic - L, Kyurem - L, Furfrou - L

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ZeraoraShiny2.gif.5b6ba9894f8106253783d62c12c5723a.gif
Figured i might as well make a set for this new mon so here it is
Zeraora @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Outrage
Fake Out beats sturdy Mons and multiscale such as Carracosta,Sawk(depending on the set) and Relicanth, whereas Dragonium z helps beats dragon types which zeraora struggles against such as Charizard x and Dragonite plasma fists is Zeraoras best move and punishes pokemon in general and finally bulk up is used to improve Zeraora's offensive capabilities as for where Zeraoras placing should be in the viability rankings i'd probably put it at B-/B= due to the fact that it loses against choice scarfed users such as haxorus,meloetta and other mons in addition to the fact that it has a hard time dealing with bulky defensive mons such as avalugg,sableye mega and venusaur-mega its definately not a bad mon but a lot of pokemon in the tier can beat it

Better Lickilicky = Lickitung

Been using this monster for a while.

Lickitung @ Figy Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Earthquake
- Body Slam

Play around with the EVs and stuff. It works pretty well.

D or C- ish ig

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
227.gif
C- -----> C+
Skarmory has been seeing more usage since Tapu Koko ban since it no longer has trouble with Tapu Koko. In Summer Seasonal as well, with 7 plays so far in the 4 weeks of it going on.
88 | Skarmory | 0.52828%

87 | Skarmory | 0.59902%

With Skarmory's great movepool, it can run moves like Rock Tomb, Brave Bird, Taunt, Swords Dance, Iron Head, and Roost viably, acting as a stallbreaker with the combination of Taunt + Swords Dance. Rock Tomb can lower your opponent's speed by 1, resulting in wins on faster Pokemon like Mimikyu, Landorus-Therian, and non Flame Charge Mega Charizards. After Swords Dance, Skarmory hits 586 Attack allowing it to OHKO pokemon like Kartana and Landorus-Therian. So, I think Skarmory deserves C+ on VR due to its increased viability and overall power/stallbreaking abilities.

5 hennys mode (Skarmory) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I guess it's time we make another post for another new addition to 1v1
Zeraora

It might not be as good as Zygod, but it at least still has some decent potential.
Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 156 HP / 160 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Bulk Up
- Thunder

This one's pretty straightforward, minimum bulk necessary to withstand a Lopunny's Fake Out + Giga Impact combo, after using Bulk Up, in addition to just barely outspeeding it. Bulk Up also helps reliably beat Gyarados since it can actually tank Z-Plasma/Thunder surprisingly well. The special bulk is to give you as good of a chance vs Tapu Lele/Porygon-Z as possible.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 196 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Bulk Up
- Thunder

This one compromises by having better odds versus Tapu Lele/Porygon-Z, at the expense of sacrificing the guaranteed win versus Jolly Lopunny. Pick whichever one you like most.

Bulk Up is a pretty useful move; it helps versus fast and frail mons that can't do enough damage to knock you out (like Lopunny and Gallade). It also helps against mons that try to stall you down, like Jumpluff and (Kentari's) Mew.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 56 Atk / 64 SpA / 196 SpD / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Fake Out
- Thunder

This set is ideal for going for wins through dealing damage, rather than taking it.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 48 HP / 4 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 SpD / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Fake Out
- Thunder

This set is ideal for tanking things specially. Pick whichever set you like most.

Fake Out is the more offensive alternative, making matchups more based on 2HKO-ing opponents with your Z-Move, after dealing that essential chip damage. In the highest usage matchups, you don't really need the extra physical bulk, since you just 2HKO Lopunny and Gyarados.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 212 Atk / 156 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Bulk Up
- Outrage

Kind of an out-there set, but it actually takes on Charizard-X and Y quite well while still being better than that Dragonium set.

Zeraora honestly is a strange hybrid between Tapu Koko and Blaziken, having Blaziken's capability of being very versatile set-wise, while also having a high preference towards Electrium, like Koko as well as very similar stats. I believe its flexibility makes it an ideal anchor mon that covers any particular weaknesses your core may have, however, it also has surprisingly decent matchups against a few of the mons in the upper range of usage.
I'd personally start Zeraora out at B rank, though I can see it either dropping or rising, based on whether or not people use it.

C+ ===> B-

In my opinion, Avalugg is greatly underappreciated in the current metagame. It has the ability to take on many on the top threats with ease, and while it's movepool may be lacking, it has more than enough to hold its own in the metagame, with moves such as curse, avalanche, mirror coat, stone edge, and earthquake. The latter of which can take be powered into continental crush and tectonic rage, respectively, letting avalugg take on different threats depending on the team's needs. Mirror coat is its main niche, allowing to easily counter special attackers with proper prediction. For these reasons, I believe Avalugg is well deserving of moving up to B-

I guess it's time we make another post for another new addition to 1v1
Zeraora

It might not be as good as Zygod, but it at least still has some decent potential.
Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 156 HP / 160 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Bulk Up
- Thunder

This one's pretty straightforward, minimum bulk necessary to withstand a Lopunny's Fake Out + Giga Impact combo, after using Bulk Up, in addition to just barely outspeeding it. Bulk Up also helps reliably beat Gyarados since it can actually tank Z-Plasma/Thunder surprisingly well. The special bulk is to give you as good of a chance vs Tapu Lele/Porygon-Z as possible.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 196 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Bulk Up
- Thunder

This one compromises by having better odds versus Tapu Lele/Porygon-Z, at the expense of sacrificing the guaranteed win versus Jolly Lopunny. Pick whichever one you like most.

Bulk Up is a pretty useful move; it helps versus fast and frail mons that can't do enough damage to knock you out (like Lopunny and Gallade). It also helps against mons that try to stall you down, like Jumpluff and (Kentari's) Mew.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 56 Atk / 64 SpA / 196 SpD / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Fake Out
- Thunder

This set is ideal for going for wins through dealing damage, rather than taking it.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 48 HP / 4 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 SpD / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Charge
- Fake Out
- Thunder

This set is ideal for tanking things specially. Pick whichever set you like most.

Fake Out is the more offensive alternative, making matchups more based on 2HKO-ing opponents with your Z-Move, after dealing that essential chip damage. In the highest usage matchups, you don't really need the extra physical bulk, since you just 2HKO Lopunny and Gyarados.

Zeraora @ Electrium Z
EVs: 212 Atk / 156 Def / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Bulk Up
- Outrage

Kind of an out-there set, but it actually takes on Charizard-X and Y quite well while still being better than that Dragonium set.

Zeraora honestly is a strange hybrid between Tapu Koko and Blaziken, having Blaziken's capability of being very versatile set-wise, while also having a high preference towards Electrium, like Koko as well as very similar stats. I believe its flexibility makes it an ideal anchor mon that covers any particular weaknesses your core may have, however, it also has surprisingly decent matchups against a few of the mons in the upper range of usage.
I'd personally start Zeraora out at B rank, though I can see it either dropping or rising, based on whether or not people use it.
Agree with Zera to B. It seems like a good place for it now. Not as powerful or overcentralising like Koko, but a great Electric type with good coverage. Although a problem with the sets provided is it can’t do shit against ground/steel types, like Mega Aggron or Steelix or whatever. It should have a Close Comabt set to nuke Ground types. Otherwise the Fake Out sets are completely walled by Grounds.

It also gets access to Fire Punch, Brutal Swing (as a check for Psychics), Acrobatics, Bounce, Iron Tail, Throat Chop and Superpower. With it’s whopping base 143 speed, it can be really annoying spamming Plasma Fists which has a side effect of Electrify for the current turn, in conjunction with its Volt absorb.

While Zera’s SpAtk isn’t that great, I do see some potential in a SpAtk set with cm+Z, although it’s Plasma Fist set will almost certainly be better. I might argue for it to be in B+, but it’s too soon to tell. I’ve been playing around with it though, and it seems pretty consistent.

Time to do a post to revamp this old and moldy VR:

A+ Rank
Charizard-Mega
Mega Charizard Y is not in the same utility, functionality and capability as Mega Charizard X is. Mega Charizard X's advantage over Mega Charizard Y is its ability to vialy boost offense and speed with Dragon Dance, which Zard Y simply can't do. I say viably here, since one can argue for Work Up / Flame Charge, except that it just is too much cost compared to its other moves, which Mega Charizard X does not lose out on. So I propose a drop in viability of Mega Charizard Y from A+ to A, where it looks just about right with others.
Magearna
I think Magearna is overrated in A+, since its most used IDef/CalmMind set is usually aimed at beating not as many of the top ranked Pokemon as of the relatively lower rankd Pokemon. Also, with the existence of well-used sets like Metal Sound Pokemon (Aegislash, Magnezone), Taunt (Mega Gyarados, Deoxys-S, Tapu Fini), Laser Focus (Sawk, Metagross-Mega) apart from its various type-based counters, it has seen a dip in the number of Pokemon it can beat, and so I propose a dip in its viability from A+ to A.
Mimikyu
I think Mimikyu is very viable with regard to its set, which can beat just about anything. With its Bulk Up / SDance set, its only counters becomes outspeeeding gimmicks like Jumpluff and Deoxys-Speed, or speed control Pokemon like Landorus-T and Magnezone. Apart from these Pokemon, Mimikyu can absolutely counter everything other Pokemon thrown at it, and so I propose a rise in viability of Mimikyu from A+ to S.

A- Rank
Porygon-Z
Whaaaaa.......? Porygon-Z at A-??? With its ability to kill anything in the S and A ranks with either its Scarf or Z-Conversion set, I propose a rise in viability for Porygon-Z from A- to A+

B+ Rank
Aegislash
With its heavy reliance on Ghost-type attacks, and also with the existence of Dark-type resistances like Mega Gyarados and Mega Lopunny, and also a speed stat which poses a huge drawback despite its defences, it is weak to very common presence in the metagame like LandoT, Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizards, Zygarde-C, and so I call for a viability drop from B+ to B.
Aggron-Mega
Aggron-Mega has been argued for having the combination of the pre-Mega ability of Sturdy and access to Metal Burst. But unfortunately, many Pokemon conveniently take advantage of this fact to strike it with an attack which doesn't get Metal Burst'ed to death. Also, it does not reliable recovery, and is susceptible to Taunt. So, I call for a drop in viability of Mega Aggron from B+ to B
Greninja
Greninja has evolved as a premium threat in the current metagame, with it gaining STAB to all moves it uses. Its ability to use Hidden Power any type to devastating effect, along with great speed stat, makes it very prominent, and so I call for a viability rise for Greninja from B+ to A

B Rank
Ferrothorn
Ferrothorn is not really as relevant a physical tank in 1v1 as some others like Zygarde-C, Mega Metagross, Mega Venusaur, and Will-O-Wisp Mew. It has a huge disadvantage of being either being Taunted or Substituted upon, rendering it useless against most of the S and A rank Pokemon, not to mention the amount of Pokemon it KOs in the high echleons like MZards. It beats 0 in B rank, but beats a decent amount in the B- ranks, and therefore I call for a drop in viability for Ferrothorn from B to B-.
Garchomp
Garchomp is an anti-meta Pokemon with mainstream potential, with its typing and Speed just good enough to KO Pokemon like Mega Charizards , Magearna, Snorlax, bulky Mega Metagross, and Zygarde. But, it is not without its drawbacks, its typing leaving it at a disadvantage to Pokemon like Mimikyu, and Greninja, and its physical offensive making it weak to Intimidate Pokemon like Gyarados-Mega, and Landorus-T. So, I'd like to propose a viability increase of Garchomp from B to A-.
Kartana
I call for a rise in viability for Kartana from B to B+ based on its IDef set and Band set. Consider it as IDef set patching some holes which the CB set can't beat, like Mega Heracross, Landorus-T, Zygarde-C, and GolPhan.

B- Rank
Kommo-o
B- is really low for Kommo-O, considering it gets hard walled only by Fairies and can beat some top ranked Pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Mega Charizard Y, Groundium Landorus-T, non Zen headbutt Mega Metagross, Snorlax, and Zygarde-C, and all Sturdies. I would propose a rise in viability of Kommo-o to B+

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Charizard-Mega
Mega Charizard Y is not in the same utility, functionality and capability as Mega Charizard X is. Mega Charizard X's advantage over Mega Charizard Y is its ability to vialy boost offense and speed with Dragon Dance, which Zard Y simply can't do. I say viably here, since one can argue for Work Up / Flame Charge, except that it just is too much cost compared to its other moves, which Mega Charizard X does not lose out on. So I propose a drop in viability of Mega Charizard Y from A+ to A, where it looks just about right with others.
Disagree. Access to DD doesn't really do that much for Zard X. Zard Y beats many top-tier mons that Zard X can't like Mega Gyara, Lele and Lando-T. Also, about the way that they're ranked: Currently, they're clumped into one spot. If this is to remain the case, Charizard-Mega should absolutely move to S. If not, they're both okay at A+.
Magearna
I think Magearna is overrated in A+, since its most used IDef/CalmMind set is usually aimed at beating not as many of the top ranked Pokemon as of the relatively lower rankd Pokemon. Also, with the existence of well-used sets like Metal Sound Pokemon (Aegislash, Magnezone), Taunt (Mega Gyarados, Deoxys-S, Tapu Fini), Laser Focus (Sawk, Metagross-Mega) apart from its various type-based counters, it has seen a dip in the number of Pokemon it can beat, and so I propose a dip in its viability from A+ to A.
It is indeed aimed at beating mostly lower-tiered Pokemon, but it does ludicrously well in that respect. Think Toxapex in OU. From B+ to C+, it beats 44 out of the 60 Pokemon there. Out of what it does lose to, it's as often as not on account of being a Fire or Ground type, making Magearna remarkably easy to build around.
Porygon-Z
Whaaaaa.......? Porygon-Z at A-??? With its ability to kill anything in the S and A ranks with either its Scarf or Z-Conversion set, I propose a rise in viability for Porygon-Z from A- to A+
Emphasis on the "with either." Regardless of which set it runs, it always wants to be running a different one. Z-Conversion makes it susceptible to all of the fast things while Scarf makes it susceptible to all of the slow things. There's an argument for it in the respect that it's difficult to tell its sets apart, but even then I don't think it's deserving of any higher than A.
Greninja
Greninja has evolved as a premium threat in the current metagame, with it gaining STAB to all moves it uses. Its ability to use Hidden Power any type to devastating effect, along with great speed stat, makes it very prominent, and so I call for a viability rise for Greninja from B+ to A
Let's trial it at A-. Most of the things that it likes to beat can beat it with the appropriate set (Bounce or speedy Gyarados, SpD Zards, SpD Dnite, SpD Metagross, Landorus Scarf, Lele SpD, etc). It genuinely can't compare to the rest of the A ranks, all of which define the metagame while Greninja tries to adapt to such definitions.

Agree on Mimikyu->S, Aegislash->B and Aggron->B.

First post on here and its to point out a mistake
Incineroar-> Anywhere on the vr
I don't really care where this is, just want other people to discuss it since it deserves a spot. I'd say C or C+ to start it off but I don't know enough about the mon to go into detail.
Short and quick post, please put it on there because Freddy wanted to know what rank it is. I'd like to be able to tell him

Updated my earlier post, and responding to recent ones...
It is indeed aimed at beating mostly lower-tiered Pokemon, but it does ludicrously well in that respect. Think Toxapex in OU. From B+ to C+, it beats 44 out of the 60 Pokemon there. Out of what it does lose to, it's as often as not on account of being a Fire or Ground type, making Magearna remarkably easy to build around.
Toxapex is ranked high not just for beating a lot of lower ranked Pokemon, but also for being a reliable switch-in for most of the top tier threats. In a very related fashion, Magearna is not able to beat a good portion of the top tier Pokemon, which is the main reason I am stating for its drop to A
Emphasis on the "with either." Regardless of which set it runs, it always wants to be running a different one. Z-Conversion makes it susceptible to all of the fast things while Scarf makes it susceptible to all of the slow things. There's an argument for it in the respect that it's difficult to tell its sets apart, but even then I don't think it's deserving of any higher than A.
1) Its bulk isn't altogether bad, allowing it to soak up hits necessary hits and retaliating with its attack, like Waterfall from +1 MDos or Outrage from MCharX. It also has NPlot which makes up for its slower tanks
2) It's currently at A- and not A.
Let's trial it at A-. Most of the things that it likes to beat can beat it with the appropriate set (Bounce or speedy Gyarados, SpD Zards, SpD Dnite, SpD Metagross, Landorus Scarf, Lele SpD, etc). It genuinely can't compare to the rest of the A ranks, all of which define the metagame while Greninja tries to adapt to such definitions.
Agree

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
hi can mmeta go down to a i dont see why it went up to a+ again since zards have been getting even more prevalent now
(one liner)
(im not sorry at all)

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi can mmeta go down to a i dont see why it went up to a+ again since zards have been getting even more prevalent now
(one liner)
(im not sorry at all)
I'll give you a really super duper great amazing reason for Mega Metagross at A+: L i g h t S c r e e n

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 28 Def / 20 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Light Screen

It beats Heatran and SubTorrent Primarina while still using standard anti-Gyara spread and moves, having no more opportunity cost than any other coverage. New meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)