Tournament 1v1 Winter Seasonal - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

ws.png

Art by the incredibly kind and talented AmirAlexander! Go check out his art page at https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/amiralexander-art.3646027/

Welcome to the 1v1 Winter Seasonal!
This will be the first tour part of the 2020 1v1 Circuit!
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SWSH 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.​
  • Best of five, double elimination.​
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.​
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours.​
  • Replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.​
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.​

Round 1 (Winners Bracket)

Quote vs Robyn (Extended)
Boat (phiwings99) vs TheShadowClaw
lost heros vs Sificon
maxy1991991 vs Cheese5555 (Extended)
Kickassin666 vs crucify
Iron Crusher vs blondesasukeuchiha
ciarion vs Venom14916
Arai vs neomon
Tom842 vs The Thunderbirds
Winkata vs Artistical❤
Jamez155 vs plant based
LittleRunnerXC vs Squirtell 1v1
Inkreativ vs AllFourtyOne
Yami vs PartChandelure
bigtalk vs stableprince569
M24 vs GeneralGunderson
Dragonflo vs JustUhhDude
Alakazam vs zioziotrip
SUSTENANCE_1 vs TechnoRaptor
Waylaid vs Elo Bandit
WailJesus vs Cantius
Dragonmirror vs Le-Hydra
187 Fan vs Simbo
D2TheW vs Maki's Fox
Scraftionite vs DenisTheMenace
Notater vs Osra
Jirachirelia vs Djokra
blinkboy vs dogknees
Poison Adhesive vs Tol
DugZa vs I'm actually Cash
Close vs zugubu royale
Michael213 vs ThatCabbageGuy
Trainer boerger vs Lancer Fr
LucarioTheGuy vs Kaif
LuckyPiper vs Synonimous
ryyjyywyy vs Haki
Gym Socks! vs WilliamTheo13
The Mushy Potato vs THIS MACHINE
ggopw vs pqs
Sanshokuinsumireko vs Eriey
Nalei vs Freddy Kyogre
TogliBabineBoeuf vs ExplodingDonkey
Calem Xaiver vs Lkjchjdhbjidcgjhd
Huston vs RaJ.Shoot
Choerrim vs SolarflareRo
AddisonPascal vs Joker 1v1
excelphantom vs LaBalladeDesCieux
kjdaas vs Pokesartoolcay

Pairings were generated at https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/1809/.
The deadline for Round 1 is Sunday, January 5th at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Quote vs Robyn
Boat (phiwings99)
vs TheShadowClaw
lost heros vs Kardistry King
maxy1991991 vs Cheese5555
Kickassin666
vs crucify
Iron Crusher vs blondesasukeuchiha
ciarion vs Venom14916
Arai vs neomon
Winkata vs Artistical❤
Jamez155 vs plant based
LittleRunnerXC vs Squirtell 1v1
Yami
vs PartChandelure
M24 vs GeneralGunderson
Dragonflo vs JustUhhDude
Alakazam vs zioziotrip
Waylaid vs Elo Bandit -- HL
WailJesus vs Cantius
Dragonmirror vs Le-Hydra
187 Fan vs Simbo -- HL
D2TheW vs Maki's Fox
Scraftionite vs DenisTheMenace -- HL
Notater vs Osra
Jirachirelia
vs Djokra
blinkboy vs dogknees
Poison Adhesive
vs Tol
Close vs zugubu royale
LucarioTheGuy vs Kaif
LuckyPiper vs Synonimous
ryyjyywyy
vs Haki
ggopw vs pqs
Nalei vs Freddy Kyogre -- HL HL
Huston vs RaJ.Shoot
Choerrim vs SolarflareRo
kjdaas vs Pokesartoolcay

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Quote vs Robyn The one who's played 1v1 will win
Boat (phiwings99) vs TheShadowClaw highlight
lost heros vs Kardistry King idk about you but I'm ready to see lost hax dom again
maxy1991991 vs Cheese5555
Kickassin666 vs crucify
Iron Crusher vs blondesasukeuchiha I could say "woah, he's alive!", and you'd have no idea who I'm talking about
ciarion vs Venom14916
Arai vs neomon highlight
Winkata vs Artistical❤
Jamez155 vs plant based east vs cone all over again
LittleRunnerXC vs Squirtell 1v1 HIGHLIGHT
Yami vs PartChandelure
M24 vs GeneralGunderson
Dragonflo vs JustUhhDude
Alakazam vs zioziotrip
Waylaid vs Elo Bandit
WailJesus vs Cantius
Dragonmirror vs Le-Hydra
187 Fan vs Simbo
D2TheW vs Maki's Fox
Scraftionite vs DenisTheMenace
Notater vs Osra
Jirachirelia vs Djokra
blinkboy vs dogknees
Poison Adhesive vs Tol
Close vs zugubu royale
LucarioTheGuy vs Kaif
LuckyPiper vs Synonimous
ryyjyywyy vs Haki
ggopw vs pqs people be betting against pqs but forgetting that he's getting fed all the secret santa teams this week
Nalei vs Freddy Kyogre HIGHLIGHT
Huston vs RaJ.Shoot
Choerrim vs SolarflareRo
kjdaas vs Pokesartoolcay

man almost all of these are either people who haven't played 1v1 or evenly matched, s/o to the bracket maker for keeping it exciting right off the bat

Usually, I'm either neutral or agree with moderation/tour issues relating to dom, but I just don't really see how the evidence used against him that reasonable enough considering dom's sarcastic nature, among other factors. I mean further investigation should have probably been taken before we just reach the notion that he definitely had the intention to do such a thing. Every single account-based moderation call has had significantly more evidence, and one action of suspicion has more evidence than just possible "pm banter", and this trend should be continued, especially due to the fact you're now getting an infraction for such offenses. Unless you have more evidence, which I'm sure the community would love to see, you should probably reassess your choice of action.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Usually, I'm either neutral or agree with moderation/tour issues relating to dom, but I just don't really see how the evidence used against him that reasonable enough considering dom's sarcastic nature, among other factors. I mean further investigation should have probably been taken before we just reach the notion that he definitely had the intention to do such a thing. Every single account-based moderation call has had significantly more evidence, and one action of suspicion has more evidence than just possible "pm banter", and this trend should be continued, especially due to the fact you're now getting an infraction for such offenses. Unless you have more evidence, which I'm sure the community would love to see, you should probably reassess your choice of action.
Kardistry king has previously shared the same IP address as dom. He explained this away by saying Kard physically went to visit dom’s house, which fsr was taken as legitimate reasoning - although having two 1v1 players live close by to one another isn’t impossible, its strange for an account to show out of the blue and be amazing at old gens 1v1 while also sharing dom’s IP address

This isn’t to say that Kardistry King may have involved a person other than dom, as there has certainly been evidence of, for instance, someone other than dom talking with Kard’s account in Discord voice chats. However, given the shared IP addresses and now this clear conversation where dom just straight up says “I need to prep for ssnl, my opponent is Lost Heros”, its painfully obvious that dom intended to use Kard’s account in some way.

Secondly, this point about dom preparing for Seasonal wasn’t preceding any previous conversation where they were all memeing or messing with each other.
597A58A7-CA01-428F-8CCC-59E980CA3629.jpeg

The previous talking points, which I asked from people involved to make absolutely sure that this wasn’t a case of people completely messing around in chat, were people discussing TheShadowClaw as a competent player, Dom asking if anyone wanted to bo5 him in Gen 8 1v1, then someone bringing up their own seasonal match, at which point dom brought up that he needed to prepare for his own seasonal match. Someone can claim after the fact that “Oh I was just joking”, but thats only really believable if the actual conversation is a joke.

Lastly, why should anyone believe that this isn’t a completely serious discussion when dom has already been involved with using shared accounts to get into tours? sandcastless is an account multiple users, including dom, where using in order to mess around with in tours. This has already been confirmed, again with IP addresses. Dom is a repeat offender for alting in tours who cannot be given the benefit of the doubt that could be given to someone who had legitimately never been involved in anything like this before.

Thats all I really have to say. In my opinion, shared IP addresses, admittance, and previous history is more than enough to convince anyone, but I’m sure people close to him will still believe what they want. Not much I can do about belief or faith.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
Kardistry king has previously shared the same IP address as dom. He explained this away by saying Kard physically went to visit dom’s house, which fsr was taken as legitimate reasoning - although having two 1v1 players live close by to one another isn’t impossible, its strange for an account to show out of the blue and be amazing at old gens 1v1 while also sharing dom’s IP address
this first part you basically debunk yourself with dom and kard being friends and visiting eachother which is something that obviously happens. "be amazing at old gens 1v1" This is such a bad claim...someone popping off in their second or third tournament is not unheard of (solarflarero 1v1pl bw) when kard has been getting teams from dom, this is basically saying that "oh if ur good at 1v1 and u havent played for 3 years ur basically an alt"
“I need to prep for ssnl, my opponent is Lost Heros”, its painfully obvious that dom intended to use Kard’s account in some way.
NOBODY absolutely NOBODY thinks that dom would go into a discord with one of the 1v1 moderators and be 100% when he says "bro i gotta prep for ssnl lostheros is my oppo." You are really just lying to yourself if you think he is that stupid.
I won't say anything about the latter part of the post because I wasn't involved with the sandcastless drama and I don't know the true story to it.
Screenshot_12.png

this is a conversation from my old gens people discord where I discuss with friends like solar ryy etc, long story short there is no reason for dom to lie about shit in this place. The context to the convo is that they were discussing about adv sleep and he says here that kard is infact not his alt and wanted to vote on adv sleep.
On a more personal note, I'm really dissatisfied with how moderation in the community has been handled since the last PL. I don't believe that just because your friend has been "toxic", has "ghosted" and you play pokemon well you should just be snapped off the site because of it even though people have been in call with you and dom and kard have talked at the same fucking time. The whole "kard is a dom alt" meme has gone way too far and this is a result of some harmless talk in a private server. I hope that kard's ban is revoked and the moderation team think before they moderate.

p.s this is a complete shitshow and I hope this never returns.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Wow dom saying he isn’t kardistry king really is proof enough for me to change my viewpoint!! Kaif how about instead of proving lies you finish your secret santa team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)