Tournament 1v1 Winter Seasonal - Round 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ws.png

Art by the incredibly kind and talented AmirAlexander! Go check out his art page at https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/amiralexander-art.3646027/

Welcome to the 1v1 Winter Seasonal!
This will be the first tour part of the 2020 1v1 Circuit!​
Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SWSH 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours.
  • Replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • The deadline for extended games from Round 6 is Thursday, February 12th at 11:59 PM EST.

Important if you are in Winner's Bracket. I am running Round 8 early because Round 9 of Winner's Bracket is round robin. I want to let Winner's Bracket get ahead of Loser's Bracket so that I do not need to add extra weeks to the tour if it resets. If you lose in Winner's Bracket this week, you rejoin Loser's Bracket during Round 9.

Round 8 (Winners' Bracket)
ExplodingDonkey vs Cantius
Rosa vs Squirtell 1v1
Nalei vs ggopw

Round 7 (Losers' Bracket)
Freddy Kyogre vs Joker 1v1
crucify vs TheShadowClaw
Sanshokuinsumireko vs dogknees
zioziotrip vs Eriey
Djokra vs LuckyPiper
Kaif vs ryyjyywyy

Brackets generated at https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/1920/ and https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/1921/.
The deadline for this round is Sunday, February 16th at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Round 8 (Winners' Bracket)
ExplodingDonkey vs Cantius (DONKEY HAS THE TECH)
Rosa vs Squirtell 1v1 (Hard call, but Squirrel all the way) (HL)
Nalei vs ggopw (HL)

Round 7 (Losers' Bracket)
Winner of (Freddy Kyogre vs Lancer Fr) vs Joker 1v1 (LETS GO JOKER)
crucify vs TheShadowClaw (no idea)
Sanshokuinsumireko vs dogknees (Hard call, Mew abuser, or unluckiest person alive)
zioziotrip vs Eriey (My E-Mom is too good, and idk other person)
Djokra vs LuckyPiper (Is there any doubt?)
Kaif vs ryyjyywyy (KAIF WINS THESE) (HL)

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
lets never again have round robins in ssnl,this is awful
There's no way to avoid round robins with a number of entrants that isn't a power of two. Normally, this bracket would have three round robins, but that's unacceptable. This is the best solution, other than completely ignoring how Smogon handles tours. I'm all for that, but it's too late for this tour at least.

Reactions: pqs

ggopw

Banned deucer.
There's no way to avoid round robins with a number of entrants that isn't a power of two. Normally, this bracket would have three round robins, but that's unacceptable. This is the best solution, other than completely ignoring how Smogon handles tours. I'm all for that, but it's too late for this tour at least.
idk ive never been in a 1v1 seasonal that had a round-robin , they probably cut the signups at a nice even number and added rest to be subs, generally, round robins, especially before grand finals aren't ideal at all and should be avoided if possible,u probably can agree with me on that.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rosa vs Squirtell 1v1 - Exciting matchup but I believe in Rosa
Nalei vs ggopw - I have something exciting prepared for this week

Winner of (Freddy Kyogre vs Lancer Fr) vs Joker 1v1 - Joker's gonna bring it this week. Just a feeling.
crucify vs TheShadowClaw
Sanshokuinsumireko vs dogknees - This one will go to 5 games
zioziotrip vs Eriey
Djokra vs LuckyPiper - Deity.
Kaif vs ryyjyywyy

Boat

fuck nintendo
idk ive never been in a 1v1 seasonal that had a round-robin , they probably cut the signups at a nice even number and added rest to be subs, generally, round robins, especially before grand finals aren't ideal at all and should be avoided if possible,u probably can agree with me on that.
Oh for sure. I hate round robins, and I think that having more byes in Round 1 is far more acceptable. the reason we're round robin this time is cause we made it up to the 96 bracket range. if it were 64, we'd be even and have no problems.

Rosa
vs Squirtell HL, but I feel that Rosa will win
Nalei vs ggopw
Losers
Winner of (Freddy vs Lancer) vs joker
Crucify vs TSC
sansho
vs dogknees
zioziotrip vs Eriey
Djokra vs Luckypiper lucky piper is a lord, if he can win with 1 mon on preview imagine what he can do with 3
Kaif vs ryy

Boat

fuck nintendo
With Pokemon Home being implemented on PS very soon, it's worth reminding you that everything from Home is not allowed in this round. Do not bring any of the new Pokemon or new moves that came to existing ones.

edit : moveset illegality wont show in teambuilder so here's a resource. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ou-metagame-discussion-v3.3659980/#post-8364248 If the mon you want to use isnt on that list, PLEASE check serebii or something to make sure you are bringing a legal moveset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)