1v1PL III - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I get started, I do agree with the post before this, would be much better if the games could be played in the main server rather than side ones. Isn't there a way to code the tiers(even if temporarily till 1v1pl) to be playable in main servers or is that wishful thinking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1v1 PL Rankings

WARNING: Opinions below!
That being said, the player rankings below are as perfect as these get.

If you disagree with this Player Rankings, please direct your detailed disagreements here: DEG

Hellfire Heatrans
This team is really lacking in the Gen 7 sector with terrible players like uberlandon and Xstatic Cold starting up. Though Baleblaze is obviously better and could do something, still looks sketchy. Lacking support in old gens with joker, Togli, ima ,the overpriced Alive, and weak builders in MotoGP, Heatrans will have to rely heavily on cash and london to carry them to any glory possible.

Juuling Jumpluff
This team lacks people playing both sm and oras, with low skill managers-players Dom and ggopw, and the steal ryy. Soulwind was another quizzing pick as he hasn't really proven himself. Only hope lies in in-form players like BSU and fertile crescent, and other people like shuckle, animesans, and Dennis. Their glimmering light in the darkness of their player strength is undisputedly the smol but happy pupper, supah. With a description like that you automatically win at life.

Playful Panchams
With the terrible, inconsistent and not at all versatile builder core of Osra and IC, things aren't looking very good for our pandas. The likes of All41, Hijasu, TCG, and (sleeperpick 3k?!)Tom doesn't help them much either. Even managers Wmc and especially cp2 don't provide much to the plate. Their only hope will be Kaif and solar trash talking opponent's into submission.

Pixilated Porygons
UOP had a unique plan, and how they perform will depend on it. Much like the Quantum Tesseract of the OMPL, the a questionable cheap pick of Macemaster has been their highlight. One of the worst builders in the 1v1 meta, Mace master is a one trick pony. Other questionable picks here have been wanony, who had a bad showing in the classics tournament, Magma, who has had a decent showing in past tours at best, and eriey, A below average ladder player. Not to mention the horrendous manager Uop. The only reason they rank above the number 7 tied position is because their tour players like Catalystic, Pigeons, Arifeen,Shyom, and Xayah have proven themselves specifically in the 1v1 meta.

Ecstatic Escargots
Like the teams above, This team has a poor SM lineup in Blazikin and Lancer MK. They also had the steal of the night in Tonyflygon, another user unheard of in 1v1 tournaments. Ayedan is a potential wildcard for this team, but it is doubtful he will do well at all. They do have Whaleeeee, an average-at-best oras OG who's been in amazing form recently. It will be up to Kowasabii, BigPimpin, and the star-player Roman to do something for this team and capitalize on their stong non-sm/oras metas players. Last, but certainly not the least, this team has wishes!(I'm sorry, even in this pr I cannot say anything about bad wishes you really are a cool person and I do hope you have a good time :) ).

MetroBooming Mega-rays
Inspite of terrible managers in Freddy Kyogre and Sed,and attidude being literally the one of the worst user in this tournament. While leru may not have much tour experience, he has played plenty of 1v1, but if that will help him is yet to be seen.For gen7, Close and ferno are other players who can sometimes get the job done. Mega rays also have OMRoom who has a little experience with Oras and might have a win a game or two and.It will be upto the likes of neomon, talah, JytCampbell, and p2 to pull this squad together)

RPS Rhyperiors
Aside from the glaring weakness in the 2v2 slot occupied by FIREEEE, and tsc and wailjesus dragging down the gen7 slot, this team doeshave a good showing. It does have players like Gl volkner-An absoliute Killer in BH(for real) but someone who can't even play a single 1v1 meta- even with team support. While akafila, DjBreloominati, and dezshizzels are decent, this team will primarily be carried by Sage, Caasi, Cynara, Jase the world, and Havens.
Also, Like wishes in Escargots, this team also features Martha!(Another Precious soul,if people were bought on basis of their personality martha would be worth atleast 110K. Hope you have a good time in this tour, fellow Jolteon!)

Frozen Arcticunos
You knew it. I knew it. The pigeons going nuts outside my window knew it. The legendary 18 man squad are the undisputed the favorites to win the 1v1pl-Though it is important to remember that all this is just on paper. Still, let's review.
First off, you have Elo Bandit(the up and coming Youtuber you should Subscribe to), who has shown that he can't deliver in neither team building nor battling when it does come down to it. The managers Huston and James have both been decent, and should win a few. Another inconsistent player as of late has been squirtell, who's been disappointing in ladder. They do have some players like Chaitanya, Jedir and Jirachirella who could pull something off, but the bulk carrying of the squad will be done by the remaining 12 players, and the worst coach in this tournament in General Gunderson. The entirety of this godsquad as shown below:

View attachment 165434
Also, if all fails they can just sub their players and assign a 2v1 tactic. Also there is the relief of not losing to activity calls against the team. Definitely not short of options for this squad, in all places. On paper, they are the strongest!
Everything else aside, Hf to all the teams playing! Gonna be a wild ride!
You didn't even mention me. I have no idea if to take offense or not in such an action

I should've gone for like
90,000,000 real-life dollars
i demand payment to be in this extremely professional esports league

SolarflareRo

Banned deucer.
UOP overrated
UC and DEG outdated
Long have we waited
#pazza activated

Stole this from pazza's wall i dont remember who posted it but pazza is a replacement now so lets give him love

Week 3 endings table(According to results given, subject to change):
Shoutout DEG for making so that last week's total differential was -2 instead of zero :P.
pls copy paste when you can thanks fren

#TeamWinsDrawsLossesDifferencialPoints
1Juuling Jumpluffs300+106
2Hellfire Heatrans120+44
3RPS Rhyperiors111+23
3Pixilated Porygons03003
3Playful Panchams111-23
6Frozen Arcticunos102-42
6Metroboomin Megarays021-42
8Ecstatic Escargots012-61

Also Shoutout porygons for being kind and sharing points. big heart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)