2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt club size is what they're thinking about since they came from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich respectively..

The fact that it's single digit days away till kick-off and we haven't signed a single fucking starting 11 player.. after all that talk.

Blows my fuuuuuuuuuuuucking mind.

Why do we, as supporters, get caught into that bullshit trap every summer? "We have a lot of money left over to spend on major players to challenge for the title."

"/does nothing."

I think there were more concrete rumors taking place for Arsenal this summer than last, the fact that they were so close to signing Higuain and letting him slip is the most disappointing part.

Apparently Arsenal put Higuain on the backburner to try and shoot for Suarez. Arsenal never really put in a legit bid for him.. which is why Napoli grabbed him so easily.

There was a tweet from a official and reliable account that stated RM never get any bid or offer from Arsenal. yada yada.

So right there tells you how fucking stupid we really are. Tossing away a sure thing for some ridiculous chance from a club with dildo loving owners.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I doubt club size is what they're thinking about since they came from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich respectively..
??? Of course it matters. It doesnt matter where they left from, when picking between two clubs its pretty obvious they take into account which one is in a better position at the moment.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
It's true, it's why Sneijder and Eto'o went to the clubs they did. History and great potential future.
Ah classic mad Arsenal fan being a smartass. Obviously speaking about teams with similar spending power that wont offer billions in wages for a player, genius.

Edit: Bale has said hes not playing for Tottenham again, reported by The Sun.

I had Altidore in my fantasy team for the last week. Took him out yesterday, now seriously considering putting him back in. What a beast.

Also this is what happened with Higuain: RM says price is 25m, Wenger says 20m cos this is an unsettled player who wants to leave, RM says 25m, Wenger says 20m... (month later)... RM suddenly says 35m after seeing some other strikers go for insane money, Wenger gets pissed and says fuck that I might as well go for a much better player... But Suarez isn't available for first 6 matches so no rush... (few weeks later)... Napoli signs Higuain for 32m, Wenger still thinks he can get the much better player for 40m. And so it goes on and on...

Also if rey's report is true then I'm sad we missed out on Gustavo but honestly did we need another midfielder?? We need a freaking striker for gods sake and a central defender!!!

Also just heard Sagna is injured LO!L Make that a right back and centre back we desperately need now. I don't think we'll be able to start the season with any defenders on the bench!

Also this thing:

BPL Player of the Season: Wilshere (his time has come)
Golden Boot Winner: Sturridge (banking on RVP injury and too much rotation at City and Chelsea)
Golden Glove Winner: Cech
Coach of the Year: Holloway
Home Kit of the Year: Chelsea
Breakout Player of the Year: Ross Barkley
Newcomer of the Year: Soldado
Bargain Boy: Alex Tonev
Best Old Man: Anelka
Biggest Flop: Schurrle
Worst Decline: Fellaini
First to Go: Mark Hughes (always a safe one)

Chelsea
Arsenal (I'm deluded deal with it)
Man City
Man United
Tottenham
----
West Brom
Fulham
Stoke (that's right all 3 promoted teams stay up!)

Well that was a waste of time :)

Btw about the England game, I would have liked to see Wilshere play better. I think he's proven in previous games that he controls the English midfield now, so if England wants to play well, Wilshere will have to step up.

Fulham signed Bent and Taarabt, they've already got Berbatov... It's like the laziest frontline in history lol! Who will be arsed to collect the ball?? All they need now is Adebayor and some deckchairs!

Nice to see Ricky to start with a goal and a point isn't a bad considering we were without four likely starters. Ross Barkley looks like a neat player for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)