2016 musics

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The new Chance mixtape (Coloring Book) is banging (and legally free on DatPiff). Definitely one of my favorite releases this year. Loved his old stuff but I'm feeling this new direction.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone else been listening to the new Kaytranada? I like it so so much, it's just beats from start to finish without dropping off for a second, each track can stand strong on its own which is pretty impressive. I don't even know how to pick a favourite, Track Uno is really cool and backed up really well by Bus Ride. The album version of Drive Me Crazy hits like 10 times harder than the single and has this real heavy outro (wish it was its own track..), Got it Good is nice but I've heard the instrumental on a few different mixtapes and I think I like that better. Glowed Up is pretty sweet too.

can't fucking wait to see this dude live. I missed him last time he came to aus coz broke (festivals=$$$)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
coloring book is fantastic. no problem is one of my favorite songs of this year, despite lazy chainz / wayne verses. the rest of the tape is really good too. well produced, no bad songs (although blessings is kinda meh), and overall a very happy experience. :) uplifting.

yeah, i'm feelin new radiohead. bein a fantandrone, i did not much care for king of limbs, and it's nice to see them taking a similar aesthetic and reworking it as somethin much more palatable. i think that yorke is mindful of his 'restrictions' at this point in his career in terms of vocal range here, which i can really appreciate (kinda akin to blackstar in how the tracks conform to that inability to, say, pull a 'just' out).

new chance is worth a listen. thought he might succumb to commercial whatever-ness (think the original cut of 'angels' just was the big non-entity for me when i heard it, but it seems like it got tweaked into something decent), but he holds his personality. i generally don't like track listings so bloated w/features, but it could always be worse. might warm up to me, but nothin hits me as 'really good' on it now.

Hey, 2016 has been great so far! You know, aside from all the death. In june, we have new Swans and DJ Shadow to look forward to. There will be a new strokes album this year too, i'm feeling it

Hey, 2016 has been great so far! You know, aside from all the death. In june, we have new Swans and DJ Shadow to look forward to. There will be a new strokes album this year too, i'm feeling it

also new Tegan & Sara, Run the Jewels, 22, BROODS, If These Trees Could Talk...

plus so many more.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you guys think about the new chilis single? I've listened to it once and it sounds very mature; it's only taken 30+ years for them to refine their sound. It's got that signature rhcp funk sound, but sounds like a veteran band.

By The Way was the last good album imo. It was more folky and had much less usage of Flea's slap bass, even verging on oldies at some points. Stadium was very try hard, attempting to go back to BSSM and failing (also come on, a rhcp double album?). I'm with you was very awkward and depressing at times, partially due to having a new guitarist, but on the new song, Josh fits in so well. Here's hoping the new album knocks BTW off its pedestal!

new swans excerpt dropped today, somethin like 3 weeks til the lp drops and its looking to be another lengthy one. the glowing man stuff thus far sounds tre white light from the mouth of infinity era, which i'm not knocking at all. definitely interested to see what happens with this release, b.c they're swans.

unknown mortal orchestra also has a pretty neat track out, not sure if / when their follow-up to multi-love is happening. definitely a more synthetic track than i expected, but its dope all the same.

now all they need to do is reissue since i left you so that i don't have to pay $400 for my copy, like wtf man -_-

also, the new car seat headrest is actually pretty cool. didn't think i would really enjoy it much, but yeah

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
not sold by frankie sinatra. annoying voice and it felt like just another track you'd hear at the club.

if that's a jab at danny brown i'll kick ur butt dude. i'm kinda lukewarm on it; feel like the mf doom verse coulda been incorporated way more smoothly, and its not quite as textured as their old content (which i think was purposeful, with the feature-less cuts probably) being much more dense), but it keeps that tongue-in-cheek playfulness of the group and is generally a pretty fun listen for me. it does bother me seeing all the 'purists' acting like a slight alteration to the formula is some kinda death sentence for the album, 'cuz honestly since i left you b-sides record would be way more disappointing to me than something like this that aims for some kinda sonic evolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)