2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

Madrid got into the game because they had no fear of the counter attack with Salah gone. They were shitting themselves until the injury.

Deliberately trying to break a players arm and costing him probably his only chance to ever play in the world cup. Ramos deserves a career ending injury he has been doing this type of stuff for years.

Liverpool mostly played well especially Mane, but they need a bench to compete. Bale would actually be a good signing if they could afford him.

Oh well another Ballon d'Or for Ronaldo despite only showing up against Juventus.

Bring on the World Cup, who is everyone's pick?

Last edited:
I feel for Salah. Literally no one else.

Maaaaybe Mane.

Honestly, Liverpool didn’t do much, and part of it has to do with Salah getting injured and that shit goalie. But it was obvious Real Madrid was winning that..way too many studs.

Ramos didn't deliberately injure anyone. Is he a cunt? Yes. Was it a foul? Yes. Did he try to intentionally injure Salah? Definitely not. The landing was the most unfortunate part of it. Sadio Mané was Liverpool's best midfielder.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
did that embed? sick if so.

salah injury was blatant, pissed me off the pundits tried so hard to abscond ramos.

pool midfield not as good as madrids

keeper pure garbo

those were the differences

hi! with the world cup coming closer and closer, myself and a few other smogon users thought it'd be cool to do a smogon fantasy league type thing throughout the tournament. we've set up a discord server in which we'll provide all the information on how to participate, as well as having a place to discuss and armchair the tournament as a whole.

come join us! :blobthumbsup:

https://discord.gg/XhNUyrC
I would like to but I don't have a discord. How do I join?

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hyped for the World Cup!
This is what I picked:
1528867579155.png

Ran out of budget after buying the top front three and De Bruyne so I don't have good substitutes. Hope this goes good.
The positions seem to be swapped though I don't know if that matters in the league I had picked Neymar on the left, Alba on left and so on.

Also the brackets prediction link here if you haven't done that already.
Here are my predictions.
I'm hoping Egypt for doing (maybe a bit too much) well with Salah hoping that he's available to play the matches.
Going with Argentina for the win this time!
We'll be getting great matches from the QF already if Argentina and Spain top their groups (Which they most probably will)

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
1529033370560.png

Source
Happy birthday mate!

Now the World Cup Group A is gonna be exciting once again and moreover it's great for the team, country, fans, and fans of football across the globe.

Hoping to see the same magic in Egyptian colours

Spain vs Portugal is another dank match to come tonight
I'm expecting Spain to win despite having coach changing problems as they are a complete side and also have good midfielders.

Russia's 4th goal by Cheryshev was pretty dank too.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Well played to Egypt for holding for such long time and Uruguay too for their perseverance getting the goal in the end.
Egypt did well on the front end in the second half too. They've gained a lot from this game.
Would've been great if Salah played but maybe focusing for the future games.
gg mate
I hope Egypt can still qualify for the Round of 16.

Morocco and Iran playing like a bunch of amateurs. And that own goal in the end completely ruining my prediction (I was expecting a 1-1 draw)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)