Lazio - Bayern
Atlético - Chelsea
Leipzig - Liverpool
Porto - Juventus
Barcelona
- PSG
Sevilla - Dortmund
Atalanta - Real Madrid

Couldn't find the 20/21 Fantasy Football Thread so I'm guessing this is it? Good to be back in the top 4.

As for irl football, Inter (the team I support) FINALLY beat juBe after years of degrading results, REALLY happy about that... Almost makes up for the fact we're paying our manager 12m a year while our finances plummet into bankrupcy.

And as for the EPL, I really hope Spurs manage to cling onto the title race for as long as they can, it looks like open season and Mourinho has an eye for sneaky trophy victories, the defensive record in all comps is also very good, only 3 losses in the last 30 games I believe.

it seems like my wildcard boys early have still been decent. usually once you find the "players of the season so far" theyre good all year.

voyage

Banned deucer.
Another ridiculous one in Europe. Perfect presentation of Mbappe in his new garden. History is already written.

the dude in first place is way ahead in the league, unless he messes up badly i doubt i'll catch up (still in 2nd)

I have a fiery rivalry fueling my drive in the last 2 seasons, I just want the right to talk smack to them for a whole season and then I can quit.

Chelsea going through quite easily with Tuchel in charge now. City could potentially get knocked out if Haaland transcends humanity. Bayern PSG will be a repeat of the CL final imo, and Liverpool is going to get humiliated by Benzema... Unless VVD makes a miraculous recovery out of nowhere? either way, save this post.

voyage

Banned deucer.
It is really unfortunate that in important games where the stakes are high, the VAR is not available for plays where it should come into action and make this more fair. Not only because of Ronaldo's non-goal, there was also an expulsion in a very unfair under-21 match. This should change for the better but it doesn't.

Of course when var isn't needed, it's used and not even in the right way but when something as obvious as that goal occurs there's no goal line technology? Really ruining the game at this point where you can't use your creations for the good.

Turkey beats Netherlands 4-2 and Norway 0-3, but draws 3-3 with Latvia at home, classic. Watch us beat Montenegro & draw with Netherlands thanks to a last-minute goal in the second leg, but fail to qualify due to a draw with Gibraltar or something

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Thomas Tuchel has been everything that Chelsea needed. As much as I love Lampard, and his achievements of FA cup final and top 4 in COVID + embargo year shouldn't go unnoticed, he wasn't ready for such a big task. Under Tuchel we seem so much more fluid, players that had been sidelined by Lampard have been performing really well (Rudiger, Azpi, Jorginho, Christensen) to the point where they almost seem like new players. The only problem I have at the moment is that Tammy Abraham isn't getting much game time. Werner and Havertz have finally started to look good. Speaking of Werner, sure he hasn't scored many this season, but he's got a load of assists and won penalties. I honestly don't care who scores, so long as someone does, and he has been contributing. It can be frustrating watching him at times, though. It also really sucks that Tomori is probably going to leave for Milan permanently when his loan contract ends in the summer. I was always a massive fan of his and can see him being a top class defender. Mason Mount proving all the doubters wrong makes me so happy!

Looking forwards, we have a top 4 race, FA cup final, and Champions League semi final. This is not too different to Lampard's first season (4th, FA Cup runner up, and UCL top 16 losing to Bayern). However, our league campaign was dampened by Lampard earlier on, making Tuchel's race a lot more difficult. Leicester are known bottlers, and West Ham (a team I actually really like because half my family support them) dropping points vs Newcastle yesterday is crucial for us. FA Cup final will be against Leicester or Southampton, and I'm pretty confident we can take that given that we've just trounced opponents like Atletico, Porto and City.

As for Champions League, everyone's favourite will be PSG or City, though Chelsea have shown that the latter can be beaten by them. Immediately, we have Real Madrid in our way, but they seem a lot weaker than any point I can remember in history. If there's any year we can beat them, it's this year. We are probably the least likely to win the UCL, but it is not that small a probability!

Looks like there is talk of the CL potentially being cancelled for the season with 12 greedy clubs forming their own 'closed shop' European super league for the sake of income - it seems the elite have simply become fed up of having to share their prize money with perceived lesser clubs - what a sad state of affairs it is for football. As someone who doesn't support any of the 12 clubs - I say good riddance. Let them do their own thing while the rest of us get on with actual football. What interest is there for anyone to even watch a league where the richest teams are simply invited to get richer & play each other every season, with no threat of relegation & no way in for the rest of football? Honestly for teams like Spurs especially who have won fuck all to be invited is just laughable.

This could be the start of a more competitive period for the rest of European football. Bayern & PSG are the obvious big guns remaining who don't seem to have jumped ship yet, but then there's the potential for other teams like Napoli, Roma, Dortmund, Leipzig, Ajax, Porto, Benfica, Leicester etc to become genuine CL contenders in future seasons if this new super league comes to pass.

Are any genuine football fans in this thread actually interested in the super league? All feels a bit too NFL for me. I don't really see what appeal there is for supporters to get behind this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)