It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
Battle Stadium Head
2020 BSS Tournament Circuit(standings spreadsheet and banner coming soon)
In 2020, the BSS circuit continues as we shift our focus over to the new generation. The circuit will consist of 4 tournaments, and will end with an Invitational that consists of the top 12 performing players in the circuit. The 2020 Invitational Champion gets a golden ribbon
- Janurary 6: Battle Stadium Singles Open II
- Double Elimination best-of-three tournament playing standard Gen 8 BSS
- Loser's finals, winner's finals, and grand finals will be best-of-five
- April 27: Battle Stadium Singles Classic III
- Double Elimination best-of-three tournament playing standard Gen 5, 6, 7 BSS
- June 29: Battle Stadium Singles Ladder Tournament III
- Qualifying stage with 4 Cycles, each a week long, where top 4 players on the PS ladder qualifies for the playoffs
- Playoffs is 16-man best-of-three single elimination
- August 10: Battle Stadium Singles Masters II
- Double Elimination best-of-three tournament playing teamlocked Gen 8 BSS
- November 16: Battle Stadium Singles Invitational 2020
- Single Elimination, best-of-five tournament playing standard Gen 8 BSS
- Player rankings will be determined using CP (Circuit Points). The top 12 players with CP will qualify for the Invitational, with the top 4 getting a round 1 bye.
- The circuit has a BFL (Best Finish Limit) of 3. Therefore, only your top 3 performances will count towards your ranking. In other words, having one bad tournament does not negatively impact you directly.
- Point structure:
- Players will earn the amount of CP equivalent to the last round that they won in before getting eliminated, not including activity wins. A loss in the Winner's Bracket will count as a win in the Loser's bracket for that round. For example, if you lose in Round 6 in Winner's Bracket, and lose in Round 7 of Loser's Bracket, you will get 6CP and not 5CP.
- Winning the finals of a tournament will earn you 1 extra CP. For example, if you win a tournament that spans 11 rounds, you will earn 12 CP.
- Ladder Tournament qualifiers will earn 4 CP, and 2 CP per win in playoffs. Finals bonus does not apply in Ladder Tournaments.
OTHER MAJOR TOURNAMENTS
- March 9: Battle Stadium Premier League V
- Community-wide team tournament where managers draft players, featuring past gens and doubles.