DOU 2021 Doubles Invitational [Won by SMB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: Sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy may not be used in conjunction with Gravity.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax.
Pokémon Restrictions
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Calyrex-Ice
  • Calyrex-Shadow
  • Dialga
  • Eternatus
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Jirachi
  • Kartana
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-White
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Melmetal
  • Mewtwo
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Solgaleo
  • Urshifu (Single Strike)
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zacian
  • Zacian-Crowned
  • Zamazenta
  • Zamazenta-Crowned
  • Zekrom
Players cannot use the following abilities:
  • Power Construct
  • Shadow Tag
Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Swagger

ribbon.png
Welcome to the 2021 Doubles Invitational
ribbon.png

This tournament is the culmination of each of the tournaments held during the 2021 Doubles OU circuit. The top 16 players will duke it out for the title of 2021 Circuit Champion and a fancy new ribbon!

Finals
(banners by Yoda2798)

smb_zee.png

(1) SMB vs zee (7)

Semi-finals
(banners by Yoda2798)

smb_paint.png

(1) SMB vs Yellow Paint (13)

jrl_zee.png

(6) JRL vs zeefable (7)
Top 8
(banners by Yoda2798)

smb_yoda.png

(1) SMB vs Yoda2798 (9)

yobuddy_paint.png

(5) YoBuddy vs Yellow Paint (13)

actuarily_jrl.png

(3) Actuarily vs JRL (6)

zee_memo.png

(7) zeefable vs Memoric (15)
Top 16
(banners by Yoda2798)

smb_fespy.png

(1) SMB vs fespy (16)

mishi_memo.png

(2) Mishimono vs Memoric (15)

actuarily_zeal.png

(3) Actuarily vs Zeal (14)

nido_paint.png

(4) Nido-Rus vs Yellow Paint (13)

yobuddy_zstrats.png

(5) YoBuddy vs Z Strats (12)

jrl_gma.png

(6) JRL vs Grandmas Cookin (11)

zee_aura.png

(7) zeefable vs AuraRayquaza (10)

shadow_yoda.png

(8) Shadowmonstr7 vs Yoda2798 (9)

As always, replays are required for this tournament. Also, be sure to post your match times so we can watch live and possibly even stream!

This is a single elimination, Best of 3 SS Doubles OU tournament.

Good luck to everyone, looking forward to some great games!​

Attachments

Last edited:

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
SMB vs fespy - ask fespy himself u bold SMB here.

Mishimono vs Memoric - Mishi has been on fire recently coming off of a really good SCL while memo has been a bit washed and doesn't care about mons too much at the moment either, pretty easy bold for mishi.

Actuarily vs Zeal - Actuarily has had the better results in tours being pretty consistent, was in SCL and did fine after a shaky start there, and even recently in DWCOP has looked better so going with him.

Nido-Rus vs Yellow-Paint - Nido is a bit washed (pressing sleep powder in misty terrain moment) and has been busy with other stuff aside from mons but he's still one of the best SS players and I expect him to beat yp who I admittedly have not really watched this year.

YoBuddy vs Z Strats - I want me to win

JRL vs Grandmas Cookin - One of the harder to predict matches, I think both are really good and even players who can sometimes be a little inconsistent and make some unideal plays here and there. Could go either way but I'll bold gma since he's looked better in dwcop and even beat JRL in that.

zeefable vs AuraRayquaza - Another closer one I haven't really watched any aray dou games this year the only one I remember is his set vs qwello where he kinda just choked. Zee had a bad SCL and has seemed to have a lack of motivation towards dou but she's also made ssnl finals and I still think she's the better player in ss dou so I'm bolding her.

Shadowmonstr7 vs Yoda2798 - Yoda is historically the better player but Shadow has more ss experience and results, gonna predict yoda though because shadow is prone to making some choke plays and I also expect some wack type of team where I feel Yoda will just grab smth solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)