Monotype 2021 Monotype Circuit Playoffs [Won by mushamu]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Art by Seo.

Welcome to the 2021 Monotype Circuit Playoffs! This is what the entire year's Monotype tournament circuit has been leading up to, we now finally have our 16 playoff contestants. The whole tournament will be hosted in this thread. The winner of this tournament will receive the Monotype ribbon they've been playing to qualify for over the past year!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 8 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! You must play on either smogtours or the main server. All other servers will not count even if you win!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
  • MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR REPLAYS. ALL REPLAYS MUST BE POSTED IN THE THREAD FOR IT TO COUNT!
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Point total ties were broken up by win percentage. The higher win percentage in games won vs games played took the higher seed.

Round 1:

1. mushamu vs 16. Cielau
2. Prosaic vs 15. Leafium Z
3. Chaitanya vs 14. DugZa
4. Dieu Amphibien vs 13. Acey 2B
5. Toadow vs 12. tMoi
6. Trichotomy vs 11. yedla
7. Maskun vs 10. Xiri
8. Bluxio vs 9. Alpha Rabbit

Round 2:

1. mushamu vs 8. Bluxio
15. Leafium Z vs 10. Xiri
14. DugZa vs 6. Trichotomy
4. Dieu Amphibien vs 5. Toadow

Round 3: Semi-Finals

1. mushamu vs 4. Dieu Amphibien
10. Xiri vs 6. Trichotomy

Round 4: Finals

1. mushamu vs 6. Trichotomy

Congratulations on making it this far, best of luck everyone!

ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD!
Deadline for this round is Sunday, December 12th @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4)

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
This post will be used to track scheduling for all rounds! All scheduling has been converted into GMT-5

Round 4:
mushamu vs Trichotomy-

Round 1:
mushamu vs cielau- Saturday @ 4pm
prosaic vs leafium z- Saturday 4:30pm
chaitanya vs dugza- played
dieu amphibian vs acey 2B- Saturday Evening
toadow vs tMoi- Sunday 6pm
trichotomy vs yedla-
maskun vs xiri- Friday 7am
bluxio vs alpha rabbit- Friday 2pm

Round 2:

mushamu vs Bluxio-
Leafium Z vs Xiri- Saturday @ 8am
DugZa vs Trichotomy-
Dieu Amphibien vs Toadow-

Round 3: Semi-Finals:
mushamu vs Dieu Amphibien-
Xiri vs Trichotomy-

Last edited:

Fraolain

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
Good luck to rat Dieu Amphibien , try not to get 6-0'd and don't forget:

Comme disait Schopenhauer :
La vie donc oscille, comme un pendule, de droite à gauche, de la souffrance à l’ennui : ce sont là les deux éléments dont elle est faite, en somme.
La vie est selon lui, le fait de desirer , une souffrance perpétuelle.
Cette philosophie semble encrée dans l'esprit de Sasuke tant il est en mien, voila donc pourquoi lorsque je le vit pour la toute première fois, je compris enfin la futilité de l'humanité et de l'existence.

1. mushamu vs 16. Cielau (Cielau has to win this because like COCORICO )
2. Prosaic vs 15. Leafium Z (taugh battle, but Leaf can do this because he loves his mons and he is so cool and all ❤)
3. Chaitanya vs 14. DugZa (no respect, they didn’t wait for my predictions, ggs guys and gz Dugza)
4. Dieu Amphibien vs 13. Acey 2B ( Dieu Amphibien wins this because COCORICO AGAIN)
5. Toadow vs 12. tMoi (Toadow wins this because COCORICO AGAIN)
6. Trichotomy vs 11. yedla (Yedla wins this because COCORICO )
7. Maskun vs 10. Xiri (both are great player, this battle gonna be really interesting to watch, I would give the win to Xiri but Maskun can really win this as well)
8. Bluxio vs 9. Alpha Rabbit ( an other interesting battle, Idk, let’s say Alpha Rabbit wins this because rabbits are smart and cute)

My predictions are not biased by the fact that Leaf is my champ and that I am French (COCORICO ) Good luck to everybody!

If Maple has million number of fans i am one of them . if Bars & Melodies has ten fans i am one of them. if DugZa have only one fan and that is me . if Zephyr has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the Maple, i am against the world. i love #Bars&Melodies till my last breath.. .. Die Hard fan of DugZa . Hit Like If you Think Zephyr Best player & Smart In the world

Fraolain

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
French speciality like baguette

(Big thx for Dalhi !)
More like french fries : stolen from belgium.....

1. mushamu vs 16. Cielau : imagine losing to cielau, that would be very awkward..
2. Prosaic vs 15. Leafium Z : honestly I have no idea who the opponent is, what's he doing in top 2 ?
4. Dieu Amphibien vs 13. Acey 2B : i can't predict what dieu amphibien will do, he went to ssnl finals but he's also the type of person to try to transform and block a mon behind a sub. I hope he loses.
5. Toadow vs 12. tMoi : toadow doesn't even play pokemon....
6. Trichotomy vs 11. yedla : random oppo + only good french clause.
7. Maskun vs 10. Xiri : who are they
8. Bluxio vs 9. Alpha Rabbit : go alpha rabbit !!! Win this tour !!

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
If Maple has million number of fans i am one of them . if Bars & Melodies has ten fans i am one of them. if DugZa have only one fan and that is me . if Zephyr has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the Maple, i am against the world. i love #Bars&Melodies till my last breath.. .. Die Hard fan of DugZa . Hit Like If you Think Zephyr Best player & Smart In the world

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
PhotoGrid_1637063486530.jpg

Late but rooting for DugZa sensei :blobwizard:

If Maple has million number of fans i am one of them . if Bars & Melodies has ten fans i am one of them. if DugZa have only one fan and that is me . if Zephyr has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the Maple, i am against the world. i love #Bars&Melodies till my last breath.. .. Die Hard fan of DugZa . Hit Like If you Think Zephyr Best player & Smart In the world. Good luck sensei :blobnom:

More like french fries : stolen from belgium.....

1. mushamu vs 16. Cielau : imagine losing to cielau, that would be very awkward..
2. Prosaic vs 15. Leafium Z : honestly I have no idea who the opponent is, what's he doing in top 2 ?
4. Dieu Amphibien vs 13. Acey 2B : i can't predict what dieu amphibien will do, he went to ssnl finals but he's also the type of person to try to transform and block a mon behind a sub. I hope he loses.
5. Toadow vs 12. tMoi : toadow doesn't even play pokemon....
6. Trichotomy vs 11. yedla : random oppo + only good french clause.
7. Maskun vs 10. Xiri : who are they
8. Bluxio vs 9. Alpha Rabbit : go alpha rabbit !!! Win this tour !!
Indeed.

Ps, I hope all frenchies will win except Dieu Amphibien because he's trash steely/flying user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)