Monotype 2021 Monotype Circuit Playoffs [Won by mushamu]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah with that match it's for the retirement post.

I've played this game for 11 years? I never really got good at this game because I enjoyed just playing a game of Pokémon; however, I wanted to be good at Pokémon and accomplish something! So I set my mind to winning the Monotype Ribbon for the 2021 year. While I never was a consistent good battler, I had strides where some brilliance and a lot of LUCK played in. Even though I got knocked out in the 1st round, I can say I am pretty happy for what I did in these past two years. I wanted to retire with a ribbon and say, "Look maybe I am not so bad?" Sometimes it's not about the goal, but the journey? Cliché but true. I think for me it is true! The community was one of its strongest selling points that made me stay and keep playing this game so it's time to give some shout outs and thank people in the community.

Monotype community! This community will always be my home and I am super thankful. You gave me something to love about Pokémon. The ability to play with a single type.

Prosaic Thanks for being a lifelong friend on this website. It's been a good 8 years now? Crazy isn't... From young teenagers into grown men... Time goes by so fast... You are such a gentle and caring person. I'm definitely cheering you on to win this whole thing! Get that ribbon!

Roxiee Thanks for the teams! Sucks I shoulda used another team instead of staying with the same team! :C

Decem Yo the amount of stuff you did for the community and outside of it is amazing. I'm happy you are able to take a step back and take care of yourself as you need to attend to the duties of the world. Thanks for tutoring me for a little bit before I got tutored by Splash. You taught me all the basics and brought me back to playing and achieve something! Good luck in your journey with life!

Brisked AYYY you thought I'd forget you. Thank you for all the camaraderie you provided. Also thank you for the 500 typed essay on why I shouldn't use Cradily. That was so funny. Hope the cold is treating you well back there I don't miss it where I am at now.

Isza PLAYA KILLA. You helped me learn a lot during MWP, and I thank you for that! You're such a chill dude. Hopefully we'll meet up in the future.

Catalystic Bro I almost forgot you existed. Hopefully life is treating you well when you see this! Thanks for all the funny memories you provided when we were in the same league. I have to find that meme we made because you got haxed so much XD

Zarif Worst name change of all time. I couldn't find your username until I backspaced LOL! Zarif thanks for having some faith in me in MWP! Well I think the faith was when I beat TheThorn in that seeded tournament. Hearing your "BAPTIZED!" made me laugh so hard. Thanks for some great memories.

Dieu Amphibien Frogs. You are a weird dude, but I love it.

Splash Thanks for tutoring me! You definitely helped me improve as a player. Also obligatory the student beating the master battle needs to be shown. Ignore the magic of the crit and para animation. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1264388817-g9flt1oef7x9ngm9we9d5pm304bsxtzpw

ez, jonfilch, fylkir pudin, bushtush, TJ, waves, snaga, ssalbap, seo, gray, cell Thanks for all the laughs you guys gave me. Wouldn't be here without you guys!

I think that's all the people I can think of... Oh well.

What a fun ride playing Pokemon has been. From winning $75 in a tournament, playing in multiple tournaments with others and coming to play in this tournament I'm so thankful for the experience I've had. So maybe the next time you'll see me is from the pulpit hahaha.

Oh it never happened in my battle but I gotta say it one last time. MASKUN MAGIC

Peace with much love. May God bless you in your most roughest or happiest of times.

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ah with that match it's for the retirement post.

I've played this game for 11 years? I never really got good at this game because I enjoyed just playing a game of Pokémon; however, I wanted to be good at Pokémon and accomplish something! So I set my mind to winning the Monotype Ribbon for the 2021 year. While I never was a consistent good battler, I had strides where some brilliance and a lot of LUCK played in. Even though I got knocked out in the 1st round, I can say I am pretty happy for what I did in these past two years. I wanted to retire with a ribbon and say, "Look maybe I am not so bad?" Sometimes it's not about the goal, but the journey? Cliché but true. I think for me it is true! The community was one of its strongest selling points that made me stay and keep playing this game so it's time to give some shout outs and thank people in the community.

Monotype community! This community will always be my home and I am super thankful. You gave me something to love about Pokémon. The ability to play with a single type.

Prosaic Thanks for being a lifelong friend on this website. It's been a good 8 years now? Crazy isn't... From young teenagers into grown men... Time goes by so fast... You are such a gentle and caring person. I'm definitely cheering you on to win this whole thing! Get that ribbon!

Roxiee Thanks for the teams! Sucks I shoulda used another team instead of staying with the same team! :C

Decem Yo the amount of stuff you did for the community and outside of it is amazing. I'm happy you are able to take a step back and take care of yourself as you need to attend to the duties of the world. Thanks for tutoring me for a little bit before I got tutored by Splash. You taught me all the basics and brought me back to playing and achieve something! Good luck in your journey with life!

Brisked AYYY you thought I'd forget you. Thank you for all the camaraderie you provided. Also thank you for the 500 typed essay on why I shouldn't use Cradily. That was so funny. Hope the cold is treating you well back there I don't miss it where I am at now.

Isza PLAYA KILLA. You helped me learn a lot during MWP, and I thank you for that! You're such a chill dude. Hopefully we'll meet up in the future.

Catalystic Bro I almost forgot you existed. Hopefully life is treating you well when you see this! Thanks for all the funny memories you provided when we were in the same league. I have to find that meme we made because you got haxed so much XD

Zarif Worst name change of all time. I couldn't find your username until I backspaced LOL! Zarif thanks for having some faith in me in MWP! Well I think the faith was when I beat TheThorn in that seeded tournament. Hearing your "BAPTIZED!" made me laugh so hard. Thanks for some great memories.

Dieu Amphibien Frogs. You are a weird dude, but I love it.

Splash Thanks for tutoring me! You definitely helped me improve as a player. Also obligatory the student beating the master battle needs to be shown. Ignore the magic of the crit and para animation. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1264388817-g9flt1oef7x9ngm9we9d5pm304bsxtzpw

ez, jonfilch, fylkir pudin, bushtush, TJ, waves, snaga, ssalbap, seo, gray, cell Thanks for all the laughs you guys gave me. Wouldn't be here without you guys!

I think that's all the people I can think of... Oh well.

What a fun ride playing Pokemon has been. From winning $75 in a tournament, playing in multiple tournaments with others and coming to play in this tournament I'm so thankful for the experience I've had. So maybe the next time you'll see me is from the pulpit hahaha.

Oh it never happened in my battle but I gotta say it one last time. MASKUN MAGIC

Peace with much love. May God bless you in your most roughest or happiest of times.
We love u

So, uhm, I never really posted much in here or was really active in the community at all, but if I managed to get this far in the circuit after 2~3 years away from mons, it is because I had amazing people that supported me and I would be a complete bitch if I didn't come here and make a public shoutout/give my thanks to them.

style.css that I knew from the old league days and Plunder that I met this year, thank you so much for all the training and teams you guys gave me. Most of my improvement is related to you two.

Everybody in the thot fanbase, but some names deserve mention: Aqua Jet, silver grace and torterraxx for being the best cheerleaders one could ever ask; Hyperspace12 for telling me that my sets sucks EVERYTIME I tried something new (and in fact he was right) and Drix for always reminding me how bad I was back then; Elyoss You were always open to train with me, you signed up in silly tours with me, you made calls with me, WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LIKE THIS FRENCH :psycry:

I think that's it. To the people rooting for me, I'm sorry for completely messing up Ice vs Dragon LMAO and I hope to improve next year just as much as I improved this year, because there's definitely room for it as shown in that battle. If you read it this far, thank you so much <3

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just came on to say that I'm truly and utterly disgusted in what I just witnessed. Am I surprised? No. Is this the Zephyr I'm used to? Yes. Why did I expect a change? I can't even answer that question. Honestly, words can't even describe how furious I am and anyone who talks shit to me will be banned for the following year from the community.

Yes, I am power abusing. Make sure to send this paragraph to your globals. Fucking Maple has done it to me again. I will be taking some time to recollect myself but honestly, who knows when I'll back back talking in the room.

Still will be on though. It's my fault to be honest. For having expectations. I'd just like to say fuck you all. 2 games to fucking Trichotomy. #Bars&MelodiesOut. Peace.

Just came on to say that I'm truly and utterly disgusted in what I just witnessed. Am I surprised? No. Is this the Zephyr I'm used to? Yes. Why did I expect a change? I can't even answer that question. Honestly, words can't even describe how furious I am and anyone who talks shit to me will be banned for the following year from the community.

Yes, I am power abusing. Make sure to send this paragraph to your globals. Fucking Maple has done it to me again. I will be taking some time to recollect myself but honestly, who knows when I'll back back talking in the room.

Still will be on though. It's my fault to be honest. For having expectations. I'd just like to say fuck you all. 2 games to fucking Trichotomy. #Bars&MelodiesOut. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)