Collaboration Thread

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Collaborate with other Smeargle's artists here! This thread is great for when you need inspiration, or are wanting to skip a step you hate (like linework/inking), or work extra on a step you want to improve on (usually the same as the step you hate). You can also work on a new technique, or transform someone else's work with your own style.

You can either post an unfinished piece or post a finished version of someone else's piece that was posted here.

NOTE: If you're posting line art or anything else that another artist might like to have the PSD/SAI/Illustrator/etc file for and/or for which you have a high resolution version for that's not appropriate for viewing in the thread, please upload it to a media sharing site (eg mediafire) and post a link to it along with a smaller thread-friendly preview!

Examples of unfinished / finished combos
- sketch to lines
- lines to colour
- basic colour to painting
- rough finish to logo/design
- rough finish to vector finish
- rough finish to pixel

I don't want to limit creativity but it's best to have a few rules here to keep things from getting imbalanced:

Rules for posting unfinished works:
- For every 2 unfinished pieces you contribute, post at least 1 finished piece from someone else's post. Don't spam unfinished things without finishing something else yourself!
- Loose sketches are fine but there needs to be at least a small amount of direction that another artist can go with
- Don't request that a specific artist finish your work. Don't complain if nobody finishes your work.

Rules for posting finished works:
- You must finish something that was posted in this thread!
- For a simple piece, you must finish the piece before posting it, OR, post it as a work-in-progress if you want advice and intend to finish it soon
- For more complicated pieces, you can finish a stage and then re-post it for another artist (or the original artist) to fully complete (ie. ink a sketch, then repost for someone else to colour)
- Don't simply flood-fill someone else's lines. Make sure you're contributing some of your own artistic vision.
- Don't request that someone post something specific for you to finish. Work with what you've got and be creative!
- You can finish as many pieces as you like

Here's an example of a collaboration between Nastyjungle and Zracknel (rough finish to logo/design/vector):

Have fun!!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry chou i am too intimidated

B+? more like II

i know there is a limit to unfinished work submissions in the op but i figure a few more options now might help get the ball rolling??

idk w/e

anyway i rooted around in my folders for stuff that might be suitable and found a sketch of red and a sketch of suicune that might be suitable maybe

.psd

.psd

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK I removed the first rule in unfinished since it was redundant and unclear. The idea is that we don't want a million people posting unfinished stuff hoping someone cool will colour it and then not contributing anything finished. It's not super strict as long as the thread is balanced and happy! For the first little while it's okay if we have way more unfinished than finished pieces since it's important to get some options!

fels: so cool!! you should start an art thread!
az: LOVE that so much thank you for showing the full potential of this thread right away
wickdaggler: nice! it's working so far, you should keep at it

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wickdaggler, when did you learn to paint??

that really looks like it is coming together, colour chocies are great etc etc

you've done something with it that i never could, i hope you keep at it like psg says!

So I wanted to attempt coloring Paintseagull's picture he/she posted a while ago. Here's the result:

Download here (.jpg)

I'm going to be honest here, all I really did was use the bucket fill tool on GIMP xD I did use the pencil a few times (I drew Togepi's spot things) and the smudge tool on Torchic to separate the yellow from orange, but that's it. Also, I have no idea how to add shadows so I didn't even try.

I encourage someone to edit my coloring and finish this picture, because it's just so cute! :D

Btw, Ducklett is shiny because I love purple :3

Edit: I forgot to add Nidoran's spots lol. Oh well :P

mod edit: Don't simply flood-fill someone else's lines. Make sure you're contributing some of your own artistic vision.
i wont let it slide again

K well, I decided to try my hand at colouring paintseagull's adorable conga line of pogeymans, here they are!

No background because I'm lazy and suck at them, but here's the psd + a png in case anyone's interested in doing that or doing more with the pic in general!

PSD
PNG

mod edit: Don't simply flood-fill someone else's lines. Make sure you're contributing some of your own artistic vision.
i wont let it slide again
Sorry, I should've read the rules more in-depth, I just skimmed through them >.<

It won't happen again, don't worry :)

@Elcheeso: That looks beautiful, great job! :)

usually people are pretty cool with it so just do it!

if someone has a problem with it (there is literally like a 1/100 chance of this happening) they can contact you

just give credit somewhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)