Doubles Doubles Tournament - Finals (Won by Alf' and BlankZero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Round 1| Round 2 | Round 3 | Semifinals
This tournament aims to take the Doubles aspect of Smogon Doubles one step further, which is why this is a tag team tournament. You sign up as if this was a Singles tournament, and then you will be randomly given a partner. There will either have 32 teams (64 players) or 64 teams (128 players). The challenge is that not only do you have to play well, but you have to make sure your partner is on top of their game as well.

Rules:
  • Single Elimination Tournament
  • Battles are to be played on Pokemon Showdown. Battles may be played on Pokemon Online if both parties agree beforehand.
  • All battles must be conducted in a 6v6 doubles format.
  • Battles are best of one
  • This is a 5th Generation tournament.
  • Pokemon default level 100 instead of level 50
  • Sleep Clause ON
  • Item Clause OFF
  • OHKO Clause ON
  • Evasion Clause ON
  • Soul Dew Clause ON
  • Moody Clause ON
  • The moves Dark Void and Sky Drop are banned from play
  • Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Giratina-O, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem-White are all banned from play
  • If you win your match, but your partner loses, the winner of your team will play the winner of your opponents team. Example:
Ex:
Audiosurfer vs Pocket = Audiosurfer
Pwnemon vs lucariojr = lucariojr
Audiosurfer plays lucariojr

Teams:
Team 7: BlankZero & Alf'
Team 25: CBKyogre & cbt

Below will be a list of the pairings by team number. If you are the first player of your team, you play the first player of your opponents team, if you are the second player of your team you play the second player of your opponents team.

Finals
Team 7 vs Team 25

How this works: First listed person on one team will play first listed person on the other, and same for second listed people.
Example:
Team 4 (Hulavuta & llvallejoll ) vs Team 26 (Mosiea & Audiosurfer)
Hulavuta vs Mosiea
llvallejoll vs Audiosurfer

When you win, report it here, and I will bold your name under the team list. If you lose, I will underline your name indicating you lost. Please state who your opponent was if you won, do NOT just post "won gg"

Tournament Tips & Other Notes:
  • Unless you plan on carrying your partner to the finals, it's probably in your best interest to have them win too, so training w/ them or teaching them about Doubles wouldn't be a bad idea
  • For those of you with no Doubles experience, heading over to the subforum and learning a thing or two also wouldn't be a bad idea
  • DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT PARTNERS
No deadline, just get this done soon

Lost to a 30% flinch, gg
Since the not cancel thing is a bug i should have definitly won yeah.

E: BlankZero, I wouldn't have need the hax against you if my Ice Beam hadn't miss because of the Muddy Water accuracy Drop.

Last edited:
As I said CBKyogre, if showdown retained low kick, you would have probably won but not in the case of rock slide since I have eq on ttar. But sorry for the final flinch, even if I did it for this reason. gg otherwise.

Props to Vinc2612 for the team I used the whole tournament and to Blankzero for being an amazing mate.

Last edited:
I'm a bit salty over that. My bad. It was a fun game until we played "Who Has More Time To Waste" for 80 turns.

That's why I don't play Singles anymore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)