Doubles Doubles Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This tournament aims to take the Doubles aspect of Smogon Doubles one step further, which is why this is a tag team tournament. You sign up as if this was a Singles tournament, and then you will be randomly given a partner. There will either have 32 teams (64 players) or 64 teams (128 players). The challenge is that not only do you have to play well, but you have to make sure your partner is on top of their game as well.

Rules:
  • Single Elimination Tournament
  • Battles are to be played on Pokemon Showdown. Battles may be played on Pokemon Online if both parties agree beforehand.
  • All battles must be conducted in a 6v6 doubles format.
  • Battles are best of one
  • This is a 5th Generation tournament.
  • Pokemon default level 100 instead of level 50
  • Sleep Clause ON
  • Item Clause OFF
  • OHKO Clause ON
  • Evasion Clause ON
  • Soul Dew Clause ON
  • Moody Clause ON
  • The moves Dark Void and Sky Drop are banned from play
  • Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Giratina-O, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem-White are all banned from play
  • If you win your match, but your partner loses, the winner of your team will play the winner of your opponents team. Example:
Ex:
Audiosurfer vs Pocket = Audiosurfer
Pwnemon vs lucariojr = lucariojr
Audiosurfer plays lucariojr

Team 1: Hantsuki & Level 51
Team 2: Pat Labor & Braverius
Team 3: lokt & Kirigakure
Team 4: Hulavuta & llvallejoll
Team 5: Ruppy & Shayhok
Team 6: lucariojr & Temptation
Team 7: Dice & DarkLoïc
Team 8: Lasagne21 & Terraquaza
Team 9: SOMALIA & DHR-107
Team 10: noname4505 & majaspic22
Team 11: Dr Ciel & Pocket
Team 12: Celever & cxinlee
Team 13: davidness & Laurel
Team 14: Qwilphish & weirdishitsux
Team 15: D4RR3N & PsYch071c
Team 16: pokebasket & kingofkongs
Team 17: Nozzle & Laga
Team 18: Lustiger Lega & Brammi
Team 19: Ezio & Soulgazer
Team 20: BKC & starwarsfan
Team 21: Arcticblast & PasY_G
Team 22: Anno nyme & ShakeItUp
Team 23: Mizuhime & Kojes
Team 24: StarmanXL & Nollan
Team 25: Asator & CBTerrakion
Team 26: Mosiea & Audiosurfer
Team 27: Decode & DC.
Team 28: scorpdestroyer & Nglittleguy
Team 29: The Unlucky one & Shellshocker
Team 30: Pwnemon & Brap

Below will be a list of the pairings by team number. If you are the first player of your team, you play the first player of your opponents team, if you are the second player of your team you play the second player of your opponents team.

Round 1
Team 17 vs Team 30
Team 3 vs Team 28
Team 15 vs Team 7
Team 29
vs Bye
Team 21 vs Team 23
Team 13 vs Team 27
Team 14 vs Team 26
Team 22 vs Team 4
Team 24 vs Team 20
Team 9 vs Team 18
Team 16
vs Team 12
Team 25 vs Team 8
Team 19 vs Bye
Team 1 vs Team 2
Team 10 vs Team 5
Team 6 vs Team 11

How this works: First listed person on one team will play first listed person on the other, and same for second listed people.
Example:
Team 14 (Qwilphish & weirdishitsux) vs Team 26 (Mosiea & Audiosurfer)
Qwilphish vs Mosiea
weirdishitsux vs Audiosurfer

When you win, report it here, and I will bold your name under the team list. If you lose, I will underline your name indicating you lost. Please state who your opponent was if you won, do NOT just post "won gg"

Tournament Tips & Other Notes:
  • Unless you plan on carrying your partner to the finals, it's probably in your best interest to have them win too, so training w/ them or teaching them about Doubles wouldn't be a bad idea
  • For those of you with no Doubles experience, heading over to the subforum and learning a thing or two also wouldn't be a bad idea
  • DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT PARTNERS
Subs

Highlight matches:

Mizuhime vs Arcticblast
Smogon's iciest player takes on Smogon's iciest username! Shuckle fans must surely be sitting on the edge of their seats as Mizuhime tries to overcome the curse of Pokemon-as-username, but will she end up with egg on her face?

Level 51 vs Braverius
Three-time Regionals winner Braverius faces off against Doubles' most gimmicky player in a battle of cunning, wits and E-Ranked Pokemon! Will legitimate strategies prevail, or will Braverius forget to EV his Mamoswine again?

BKC vs StarmanXL
The dark horse of the tournament (who wasn't even sure why he was a highlight match) takes on premier OU player BKC (who hasn't posted a single time in the Doubles forum... now I'm not sure why it's a highlight match either)! Who will prevail in this high-stakes game of chicken?

Deadline is October 5th

Last edited:

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
I highly recommend everyone go on the #doubles irc channel so you can meet up and talk with your partner.

Alternatively just me and pokebasket could do that that would be chill

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cocktickblast and I will play sometime before this weekend most likely, once we pick out a for sure date we will post it here o/

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, confirming that I won against Brap.

Also confirming that he would easily have won without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)