3rd gen (Fire red) Pokemon creation requests

What favorite pokemon of mine would you like to see fully IV bred/EV trained first?

• Skarmory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaporeon

• Feraligatr

• Suicune

• Heracross

• Milotic

• Total voters
In this thread I'd like to fully EV train and IV breed (as much as 3rd gen allows) third generation pokemon by request. I still play Fire red (on cartridge, no emulator) an insane amount and I love creating perfect pokemon. Because of the limitations of early gen games, making these pokemon perfect is damn hard, but I love doing it. In this thread I'll share a little bit of information on why I'm making this thread as well as accept any request anyone makes as long as it's possible. Note: I have all games, tickets and passes so I can literally make any 3rd gen pokemon you guys want me to make.

A few examples of pokemon I already made:
http://imgur.com/a/aliqz
I'll upload all images to Imgur.
If requested I could also upload the images in this thread but I don't know how to make the files small enough yet.

About seven or eight years ago, while playing through a borrowed copy of pokemon emerald on vacation, I wondered why my level 100 blaziken didn't have as much attack as my buddy's same level one. Google already existed so I ran over to that one place on the entire camping where wifi existed and whipped out my Ipod touch to find an answer.

I think I might have spend hours in the shade near the receptionists booth trying to figure out what EV's were and how or why they were different than IV's. Natures, berries to lower EV's, breeding with everstones and tallying to keep track of EV's gained where what I ate, drank and breathed for the remaining weeks of vacation. I loved every second of it.

Over the years I have (hopefully) become quite adept at 3rd gen breeding and training. 3rd generation breeding is slow, EV training is hard since there are few good training spots (some really good guides to find those do exist, right here on smogon) and IV breeding is near impossible. IV breeding is sort of possible with some rng manipulation but on a cartridge you'll really have to grind for hours to get decent IV's.

My goal and purpose of this thread is to entertain and bring back feelings of nostalgia at the same time. I really like seeing perfect pokemon in 3rd generation because it feels both out of place and nostalgic, 3rd gen pokemon on a cartridge should have random EV's and unprofessional movesets but that is why I enjoy seeing the opposite.

I already have a bunch of (near) perfect IV/EV pokemon because I have spend a lot of time playing Fire red. I can upload images of these pokemon (I have about 126 if I counted correctly) as wel as accept any request regarding:
- Pokemon species
- Movesets
- EV's/IV's
- Items*
- Nature
- Nickname
- Just ask and thou shall receive

(*In pokemon emerald one can duplicate items by glitching a little bit, the only exploit I will ever use.)

I'm obviously just doing this for fun. I'd love to see what (and if) members of the pokemon community will request.

Thanks for reading
~Siep

Last edited:
I don't have any requests to make, but I just wanted to say that this is awesome, especially since you find enjoyment in doing it! Good luck :)

curious - how do you get the perfect IVs? rng manip? if so, whats your general process?
Rng manipulation is possible to an extent, meaning: you can check to see what 'random' EV's an egg will gain by pressing 'start' on a specific frame after soft resetting. You can find the chart of IV's per frame online. The precise frame for 4 perfect random IV's (two are given by parents) is almost impossible on a cartridge but if you try it enough times you might get close! Hope that was helpful!

Ah, not quite what I meant, I should have been clearer. I've actually done IV manipulation myself before. I was more asking, the near-perfect spreads you can get tend to be pretty high spreads, meaning you need to wait a while with the cart on to get them, so how do you go about achieving this? Do you just sit around with the cart running for a while or what? Lol

Ah, not quite what I meant, I should have been clearer. I've actually done IV manipulation myself before. I was more asking, the near-perfect spreads you can get tend to be pretty high spreads, meaning you need to wait a while with the cart on to get them, so how do you go about achieving this? Do you just sit around with the cart running for a while or what? Lol
Ha yes, what I usually do is breed a lot of pokemon in one sit untill I get two respectable parents. Then I open the IV chart per frame and try to match it for every egg I reveive in one go (5). I usually pick an early frame because waiting for a full minute makes finding the perfect frame a lot harder, even with a good stop-watch. Early frame IV spreads can be useful for parent pokemon and I only resort to late frame spreads unless I have no other choice. Often a single stat (machamp special attack or slowbro speed) can be completely neglected so I keep that in mind when searching for frames. If I don't get anything more decent than one of the parents I either soft reset or delete the imperfect pokemon cruelly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)