Singles 3v3 General Discussion

I have a question. I was interested in making a rain team with pelippe/mega swampert but most rain teams suggest politoed and kingdra. Does anyone know why that is? I thought swampert would be good when going against a tapu koko but perhaps the dragons like salamence are more dangerous??

chemcoop

When in doubt, Rock Slide out!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I have a question. I was interested in making a rain team with pelippe/mega swampert but most rain teams suggest politoed and kingdra. Does anyone know why that is? I thought swampert would be good when going against a tapu koko but perhaps the dragons like salamence are more dangerous??
Most rain teams are going to use rain setter + M-Pert over Kingdra. We have the one sample team with Poli/Kingdra but most of the time you'll see M-Pert on rain teams. The real flexibility on rain teams is on your choice of setter and your non-rain mode. Politoed provides a bit more team support with moves like Encore and Perish Song, but Pelipper has a better typing and offensive options for things that threaten rain such as Hurricane for M-Venu and slow U-turn to bring in M-Pert safely.

Most rain teams are going to use rain setter + M-Pert over Kingdra. We have the one sample team with Poli/Kingdra but most of the time you'll see M-Pert on rain teams. The real flexibility on rain teams is on your choice of setter and your non-rain mode. Politoed provides a bit more team support with moves like Encore and Perish Song, but Pelipper has a better typing and offensive options for things that threaten rain such as Hurricane for M-Venu and slow U-turn to bring in M-Pert safely.
Thanks. What are the situations where you would use another mega like salamence in a rain team?

chemcoop

When in doubt, Rock Slide out!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Thanks. What are the situations where you would use another mega like salamence in a rain team?
Most rain teams pack a secondary mega like Mence or Scizor for the matchups in which rain is not going to be a viable pick. For example, if your opponent is running something like Ferro + Zap that Swampert is going to struggle to break, you may wish to bring a second mega + 2 other team members that can beat cores that give rain trouble.

Ika Ika Musume

formerly Devilican
I've seen a few people ask about specific spreads or sets for pokemon in various chatrooms. If you don't want to directly go through blogs to find spreads and explanations for them, you can go to yakkun:

https://yakkun.com/sm/theory/

Just search the top box with whatever pokemon you are looking for (in Japanese). Also to note is if you are ever making a GBU team and looking for spreads, this is probably one of the best places to go:

https://yakkun.com/bw/theory/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)