Singles 3v3 General Discussion

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
3) Ferrothorn as tank/stall. It can take tapus (except HP fire lele). But if my statement (1) is true, then I think that FWG cores or the Azumarill + Ferro + dragon, making the fairy-steel-dragon core, be common too.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 152-180 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

like I could honestly see some people
using Occa Berry Ferro to catch it lol. or be a baller and use assault vest

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Serebii states this is only a chance rather than a guarantee.

Otherwise this is fantastic trolling.
um
serebii said:
Edit @ 02:06: Confirmation that Mew obtained in Generation 1 games through glitches will not transfer over. All Pokémon have their Hidden Ability when transferred over as well
also
Oh, gen I mons come with their HAs. Sorry machamp.
virtual console transfers aren't legal in bss so it doesn't matter anyway

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Stall players, how are you guys getting around Mega Gyarados? Mold Breaker just lets it plow through any Unaware Pokemon, Substitute prevents it from getting Status and Dark-type means you can't use Prankster Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp. Seems really rough. Maybe Bullet Seed Ferrothorn will make a return?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Hey Stall players, how are you guys getting around Mega Gyarados? Mold Breaker just lets it plow through any Unaware Pokemon, Substitute prevents it from getting Status and Dark-type means you can't use Prankster Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp. Seems really rough. Maybe Bullet Seed Ferrothorn will make a return?
Should use Perish Song Primarina or Azumarill.

How good would Rocknium-Z Blaziken be? I've recently had a lot a trouble with people sending Mega Mence on it and just knock/force it out because physical Blaziken can't really do anything about it besides miss with Stone Edge.

-1 252+ Atk Rock Incense Blaziken Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 78-92 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO

On top of how unreliable Stone Edge is, the odds aren't really in its favor for the possible 2HKO either.

-1 252+ Atk Rock Incense Blaziken Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 136-162 (79.5 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if its not a OHKO and Blaziken gets KO'd back on the same turn, that's a hefty ton of damage that makes Mence a hella lot easier to pick up with another mon.

Would this be worth running over Life Orb or Firium-Z?

How good would Rocknium-Z Blaziken be? I've recently had a lot a trouble with people sending Mega Mence on it and just knock/force it out because physical Blaziken can't really do anything about it besides miss with Stone Edge.

-1 252+ Atk Rock Incense Blaziken Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 78-92 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO

On top of how unreliable Stone Edge is, the odds aren't really in its favor for the possible 2HKO either.

-1 252+ Atk Rock Incense Blaziken Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 136-162 (79.5 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if its not a OHKO and Blaziken gets KO'd back on the same turn, that's a hefty ton of damage that makes Mence a hella lot easier to pick up with another mon.

Would this be worth running over Life Orb or Firium-Z?
You cannot use Rock Incense with Continental Crush.
Life orb stone edge does good damage: -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 83-99 (48.5 - 57.8%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO
And you don't waste a Z-move, even if then you have to be sure to hit hard mence.

The best way to beat down Salamence is the mix set imo:
244 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 177-208 (103.5 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But maybe you need physical Blaziken?

EDIT: Damn u, cant say!!

oh lol. My brain farted and left Rock Incense there after trying to find Rocknium Z before realising there was a Z-button right next to each move. Anyway, I figured Mixed Life Orb was better but I thought that maybe there could be gimmick to it that I wasn't seeing, but I guess not. Thank you both all the same, though.

So... now that Mega Mawile, and Mega Beedrill are out. How much of a threat will they be?

I know in OU, Mega Mawile is SUPER threatening. But since this meta is a bit different. What would be some good checks to it?

Would a Scarf Garchomp possibly work? Or maybe Tapu Lele to stop it from using Sucker Punch?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So... now that Mega Mawile, and Mega Beedrill are out. How much of a threat will they be?

I know in OU, Mega Mawile is SUPER threatening. But since this meta is a bit different. What would be some good checks to it?

Would a Scarf Garchomp possibly work? Or maybe Tapu Lele to stop it from using Sucker Punch?
Trick Room teams finally have the sweeper they've been dying for, so expect to see lots of Porygon2 and/or Cresselia paired with Mawile. Pheromosa outclasses Mega Beedrill completely so I don't anticipate seeing any Beedrill at all (unless you really need a crazy strong Poison Jab)

Would a Scarf Garchomp possibly work
? Or maybe Tapu Lele to stop it from using Sucker Punch?
...regular Garchomp works too, since it's a lot faster

Trick Room teams finally have the sweeper they've been dying for, so expect to see lots of Porygon2 and/or Cresselia paired with Mawile. Pheromosa outclasses Mega Beedrill completely so I don't anticipate seeing any Beedrill at all (unless you really need a crazy strong Poison Jab)
Ah, so I see. It's too bad I didn't breed a speed reducing natured Shiny Porygon2. I sadly only have a Bold Natured one.

Also, I noticed Pheromosa is TECHNICALLY better. But Adaptability is no joke on Mega Beedrill. I feel like it might at least have a sorta niche use. But, I could be very wrong.

...regular Garchomp works too, since it's a lot faster
I was honestly asking because my team has a Scarfchomp. And I wanted to know if my team already had something to deal with it.

So now we have M-Mawile as a good bulky sweeper and M-Beedrill as a worse Pheromosa. How about Pidgeotite and Steelixite ? Directly to the bin waiting for next online mega stones gifts ?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So now we have M-Mawile as a good bulky sweeper and M-Beedrill as a worse Pheromosa. How about Pidgeotite and Steelixite ? Directly to the bin waiting for next online mega stones gifts ?
Last generation I was pretty successful with a highly rated Japanese Mega Steelix Trick Room team. It packs surprising power; after a Curse it OHKOs Mega Kangaskhan and Garchomp and thanks to Curse you can easily set up on physical attacks, even super-effective ones. The threats are much different now, but as a Steel/Ground type with decent bulk it might be ok at dealing with some of the new threats, like Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, and Mimikyu. We won't know for sure until we try it but I think it could still be a good niche choice. Cresselia is a bit out of favor now but that can be both a good and bad thing for it.

Oh and I just remembered my banner Pokemon is a Mega Steelix, so maybe I am a bit biased lol. Mega Pidgeot I'm less sure about but with that speed tier and special attack I'm sure someone can find something to do with it.

I'm having a awful time dealing with Pheromosa. The Focus Sash is the death of me and scarf just completely wrecks. Any help?

I'm having a awful time dealing with Pheromosa. The Focus Sash is the death of me and scarf just completely wrecks. Any help?
Aegislash is easily Pheromosa's best counter, since it doesn't have to worry about High Jump Kick and takes little damage from Pheromosa's other moves, while being able to bring it down to Sash with ease.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy / Fightinium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
This is Aegislash's main physical set, though special attacking sets work just as well. You can use Weakness Policy if you want to be able to boost your moves, or you could use Z Sacred Sword to have an easier time breaking through Steel-types.

If you don't want to use Aegislash, Mimikyu can also work well thanks to disguise and being immune to High Jump Kick as well, but you should watch out for Poison Jab.

If you can fit a rock setter on your team that helps a lot to break sash. Like squash said mimikyu and aegi are both solid answers and really viable on a lot of teams. Having a scarfer thats faster than it is also a big help, not against scarf ofc but that isnt one of the most common sets so statistically its not too big a deal.

Aegislash is easily Pheromosa's best counter, since it doesn't have to worry about High Jump Kick and takes little damage from Pheromosa's other moves, while being able to bring it down to Sash with ease.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy / Fightinium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
This is Aegislash's main physical set, though special attacking sets work just as well. You can use Weakness Policy if you want to be able to boost your moves, or you could use Z Sacred Sword to have an easier time breaking through Steel-types.

If you don't want to use Aegislash, Mimikyu can also work well thanks to disguise and being immune to High Jump Kick as well, but you should watch out for Poison Jab.
Thanks. I definitely will try out Aegislash. Mimikyu is somewhat of a opinion but I have to keep my disguise up the entire game to check it.

Top 100 used 'mons in singles s2!

#1 - Tapu Lele
#2 - Garchomp
#3 - Mimikyu
#4 - Charizard
#5 - Salamence
#6 - Tapu Koko
#7 - Gyarados
#8 - Blaziken
#9 - Mamoswine
#10 - Aegislash
#11 - Tapu Fini
#12 - Landorus-T
#13 - Ferrothorn
#14 - Lucario
#15 - Cloyster
#16 - Kangaskhan
#17 - Greninja
#18 - Celesteela
#19 - Porygon2
#20 - Excadrill
#21 - Volcarona
#22 - Thundurus-T
#23 - Gengar
#24 - Hippowdon
#25 - Metagross
#26 - Venusaur
#27 - Scizor
#28 - Dragonite
#29 - Tyranitar
#30 - Breloom
#31 - Magnezone
#32 - Rotom-Wash
#33 - Heatran
#34 - Tapu Bulu
#35 - Hydreigon
#36 - Azumarill
#37 - Primarina
#38 - Suicune
#39 - Cresselia
#40 - Nihilego
#41 - Serperior
#42 - Muk-Alola
#43 - Slowbro
#44 - Pheromosa
#45 - Ninetales-Alola
#46 - Rotom-Heat
#47 - Zapdos
#48 - Marowak-Alola
#49 - Kartana
#50 - Xurkitree
#51 - Chansey
#52 - Skarmory
#53 - Toxapex
#54 - Buzzwole
#55 - Sharpedo
#56 - Gliscor
#57 - Mandibuzz
#58 - Latios
#59 - Pelipper
#60 - Porygon-Z
#61 - Espeon
#62 - Chandelure
#63 - Pyukumuku
#64 - Arcanine
#65 - Araquanid
#66 - Golisopod
#67 - Thundurus
#68 - Talonflame
#69 - Swampert
#70 - Rhyperior
#71 - Blissey
#72 - Vikavolt
#73 - Kingdra
#74 - Whimsicott
#75 - Glalie
#76 - Snorlax
#77 - Milotic
#78 - Blastoise
#79 - Aerodactyl
#80 - Eevee
#81 - Salazzle
#82 - Togekiss
#83 - Alakazam
#84 - Lanturn
#85 - Ditto
#86 - Jolteon
#87 - Mudsdale
#88 - Umbreon
#89 - Goodra
#90 - Clefable
#91 - Sableye
#92 - Klefki
#93 - Gastrodon
#94 - Donphan
#95 - Gigalith
#96 - Krookodile
#97 - Politoed
#98 - Entei
#99 - Sylveon
#100 - Scolipede

Most used Tapu: Tapu Lele

Most used Ultra Beast: Celesteela

Most used Alolan Starter: Primarina

Most used Pokémon newly introduced in SuMo (without Tapu Lele) : Mimikyu

Most used Mega: Charizard (Charizard-X: 51 % Charizard-Y 48 %)

Most used Starter (All regions) : Blaziken

Most used PSEUDO-LEGENDARY : Garchomp

Last edited:
Recently got destroyed by a pretty powerful golisipod. Ran adamant max hp/attack. I took out 2 of their mons no issue, and golisipod was his last mon. One SD and just spam leech life until everything I had died. Don't really see bug these days and my team consisted of Mega Metagross, water z araquinid, and calm mind drampa.

Recently got destroyed by a pretty powerful golisipod. Ran adamant max hp/attack. I took out 2 of their mons no issue, and golisipod was his last mon. One SD and just spam leech life until everything I had died. Don't really see bug these days and my team consisted of Mega Metagross, water z araquinid, and calm mind drampa.
Its not common, but it not difficult to deal with. I dont know ur team, but try adding electric type as thundyT or koko or magnezone. I had problem with golisopod at S1, but magnezone solved it quickly. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)