|
|
|
|
|
|
|

~Team Description~
Its a team with checks and counters. Just had some pokes that I didn't know where to put. I've tested it against my friends and I won a couple of times.

Team Members

Gliscor
Nickname: xLead
w/ Leftovers
252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

After going against my friends a couple of times, there is always one thing that they never have. They don't have a lead that is good against Gliscor. First I would use U-turn to scout out the opponents team (giving me an advantage). This can show whether or not if I have a counter to the opponents team. If a counter happens to be Gliscor, then I can take the attack, Roost, and then U-turn again for scouting. Earthquake is for Stab and basic coverage. Stealth Rock is used when I'm at full HP and the opponent is going to switch knowing that they don't have a counter move.

Gengar
Nickname: iRape
w/ Life Orb
6 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Ice / Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar is one of my favorite pokemon because it has amazing coverage. Shadow Ball is for Stab and can get the Sp Def drop hax which can help in the future. Thunderbolt and Focus Blast are used for coverage. HP Ice is also used for coverage. I sometimes choose Icy Wind over HP Ice because I can get the speed decrease on the opponent which makes Gengar an even bigger threat. I use Gengar as a sweeper because its defenses are low and that it has really high speed and special attack.

Gyarados
Nickname: Ryugin
w/ Leftovers
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados is a really bulky pokemon. With its dual type, its immune to earthquake and is neutral to grass moves. When switching in at the right time, Intimidate can be an advantage. By lowering the opponent's attack, I can survive a super effective move like Stone Edge (but probably not thunderbolt :[ ). If my prediction is right, the opponent will switch pokemon and then I can get up 1 dragon dance. Enough to outspeed choice scarf Heracross and kill it with a +1 Waterfall.

Bronzong
Nickname: xTank
w/ Leftovers
252 HP / 86 Atk / 86 Def / 92 Sp Def
Levitate
Sassy Nature (10 Speed IV :[ )
- Gyro Ball (Needed a 0 Speed IV but I couldn't get it)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Payback

Bronzong is a tank. I use it to setup. Since its a steel type, it resists a bunch of moves and it also has high base defenses. With Levitate, Ground moves aren't a problem. I always switch in on a move that it can take and setup Stealth Rocks. This is so that the opponent keeps taking damage. I also use Bronzong as a stall because it is incredibly bulky. Earthquake is basic coverage and Payback is pretty much a counter (unless there is a fighting type or dark type). Gyro Ball is used for Stab but with a Speed IV of 10, its sort of weak :[

Porygon2
Nickname: Hackintosh
w/ Leftovers
252 HP / 218 Def / 40 Sp Atk
Trace
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Discharge

Porygon2 is a good hacker. With Discharge, 30% of the time, there would be a parahax. I might be able to land a Freeze hax but those are pretty rare. Both Discharge and Ice Beam are for coverage. I either use Toxic or Recover on a switch in. I Toxic if I have enough HP to live and restore with Lefties. I use Recover when I need to bring back a lot of HP. With Trace, I can stall Heatran, Jolteon, and Vaporeon. Thus giving me HP or blocking an attack.

Infernape
Nickname: Goukazaru
w/ Life Orb
64 Atk / 252 Sp Atk / 194 Spe
Blaze
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

My Infernape is specially based than a mix-ape. Both Close Combat and Flamethrower are for Stab and coverage. Which is basic. Practically all of his moves are basic coverage. Infernape is pretty much a sweeper just like my Gengar. With all around good coverage, it will be hard to take out unless there is a scarfer with priority aqua jet.

Very nice team, I like the use of Porygon2! It looks solid overall with a slight weakness to stall. The use of Stealth Rock on both Gliscor and Bronzong is redundant, especially because Glis is very reliable at setting it up (speaking of Scor, try running Taunt > U-turn - it will prevent Skarmory, Forretress and Hippowdon leads from setting up an early Stealth Rock, which will really help out your Gyarados). Try using an offensive Trick Room set on Zong - it absolutely demolishes offensive teams.
Bronzong@Macho Brace | Brave | EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Trick Room | Gyro Ball | Earthquake | Explosion

The other thing I suggest is to try running HP Electric over Ice on Ape. This surprise kills ResTalk Gyarados on stall teams, which will help you greatly in trying to break them down. You have Dragonite covered well with the rest of your team so the loss of HP Ice shouldn't be too huge.. Also, Icy Wind should be the primary option on Gengar - this will slow down Scarf Tyranitar switchins (another integral part of stall) so you can Focus Blast them in the face. Good luck!

I have a Gengar lead with Icy Wind to slow things down.
I agree with the Bronzong set but why give it mach brace?
I think i have both bronz and gli wit stealth rocks cause my opponent might have a spinner to get rid of them. so i have a backup i guess
But thanks for commenting. It can really help me : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)