5 gen sandstorm team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an offensive sandstorm team I came up with. I have been using it on PO with mild success. Please give suggestions and advice to help me improve my team.

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
Set up sand and get rid of Latios. That is what this T-tar does.

Reuniclus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover
- Focus Blast
Abosrb fighting attacks and set up calm minds to sweep.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
Set up on ferro, get rid of ferro, go to town.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
Scout and dump a scarf on whatever pokemon my opponent tries to stall with

Haxorus (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
Get rid of D-Nite the bane of my existence

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
All out attacker

Okay number 1, put rocks on Tyranitar... Really a ou team without stealth rock? Run a full defensive set on Reuniclus to live CB scizors uturn and recover back up. Run Hidden power fire on Magnezone to allow for a quick ko on scizor, and run Flash cannon over charge beam to allow you to hit tyranitar for decent damage. And you may want to look into a CB Terrakion over Nidoking because you already have 3 special attackers and CB Terrakion will allow you to muscle through a lot of threats in this metagame. Also if you decide to run Terrakion, HP fire on magnezone will help even more getting rid of one of its best checks for free. Finally you may want to look into a chople berry on Tyranitar to allow you to deal with gengar efficiently.

I agree with all the rest except for flash cannon on magnezone, if i have choice terrakion and brick break on haxorus i can already deal with tyranitar well enough.

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your RMT needs more detail. It fails to qualify under many other rules. Check out the RMT archive to see the kind of quality is required. Also you should lurk more before posting an RMT, and read the RMT rules carefully.

It also gives you a reliable way to hit Gliscor and Landorus if behind a sub. Charge beam tbh is quite worthless considering all youre doing is letting ferrothorn setup more entry hazzards by trying to setup.tbolt flash cannon hp fire and sub is your best set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)